Ushi No Tane - Harvest Moon

The forum for Ushi No Tane, a Harvest Moon fansite

* Rules    * Login 

* Search  * Register
It is currently Jul 31, 2021 11:06 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1315 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 88  Next

How are you liking the game so far?
I love it! It’s everything I’ve dreamed of and more!!!
So far so good. Too early to tell.
It’s alright...but I was expecting more
It’s an Animal Crossing game...nothing more, nothing less
Don’t like it but I’ll play longer to see if that changes
Don’t like it, will be returning
You may select 1 option

View results
Kross lover/fan
Post Posted: Mar 04, 2020 1:23 pm 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

I know next to nothing about plants but I’ve always loved them; it’s cool how that worked out for you Kikki.

After some thought. I’m thinking of possibly naming my island Nanaki. Depending on how you write it I can mean: “七" is seven. "希" is hope.

I like the Hope part. (It can also mean tree). But also it’s the ‘real’ name of one of my favorite video game characters. Red XIII from FF7. With the remake of that game coming out soon-ish, it’s perfect for me lol.
Let’s see if I actually stick with it tho...

Kikki
Post Posted: Mar 04, 2020 1:51 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Thanks Kross :) I think it's very worth the time it takes to get a name that really feels right...something that actually means something to you. Hopefully everybody here is able to choose the perfect town name! I may go with a player named after wind, as well. Maybe Alizeh. (Or perhaps, since I'm Canadian, I should go with the French version and call her Alizee...but I don't want anyone to mistakenly pronouce it ah-LEEZ rather than alley-zay, and I don't think we can use accented letters.)

Btw, I just noticed a FRUIT WREATH. ON top of all the different flower wreaths, ornament wreath, mushroom wreath, the fossil plaque, the snowflake, and all the other door dressings we've seen, it looks like they're giving us a lot of choices in this category. (PS: Please let me know if this image is too large and I'll put it behind a cut. It's narrow so it shouldn't stretch the screen out, but I'm not sure.)

EDIT: There's a character maker to play with, now. It's in Japanese but it's very easy to figure out. There may be some options missing, and I don't know if all of the options on this little thing are available on start-up, either...maybe they saw these in the demo version? But anyway, you can test out your starter look, if you want.

Kross lover/fan
Post Posted: Mar 04, 2020 2:57 pm 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

You’re pic is fine; it fits. I’m really looking to seeing all the different crafts/decor. And that was fun messing with the maker. Made myself one. Don’t think it’ll be the final look but I had fun and it gave me ideas.

Shan O 123
Post Posted: Mar 04, 2020 3:08 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Yay a maker that actually works on my phone XD

Ooh they added angel wings and animal ears at the start.

Kikki
Post Posted: Mar 04, 2020 3:13 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Thanks Kross, glad it fits. :)

The character-maker helped me decide which mouth and nose I want to use (the funny cat smile that looks like a 3 lying down with its points up, and the round/oval nose) as well as the type of 'cheek'...I like the smallest, oval one, more than the other two or none. The rest I'll have to test in-game.

Shan O 123 wrote:
Ooh they added angel wings and animal ears at the start.

I'm not so sure that the maker is accurate to what will be available on start-up. They showed us the official character customizer before, and most of those hairstyles weren't in, yet, so I'm kind of thinking that the person who made this included all known customization options rather than just what is available at first.

But if those options ARE all available, I think my character will end up looking something like this:

Shan O 123
Post Posted: Mar 04, 2020 3:19 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

That’s really cute :3

Kikki
Post Posted: Mar 05, 2020 3:12 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Shan O 123 wrote:
That’s really cute :3

It was quite helpful. I don't know how certain it is that each of those features will be available on start-up, especially that hairstyle...I think that's one of the ones that you can unlock later rather than being available at the beginning...but I think the mouth, nose and cheeks ARE all available at the start, and probably those eyes, too, and those four features are what I'm really set on, now...I think that's the perfect little face for Alizeh. Even if my sister did say she looks like Eleanor the Chipette. (Though I think she would have looked a lot MORE like Eleanor if I had given her the little high pigtail hairstyle.) That's okay...Eleanor was always the cutest Chipette, anyway. :) Compared to her, Jeanette and Brittany look underfed and haggard, lol. Though I definitely didn't set out to make her look like Eleanor.

The character creator seems to be down now.

EDIT: Know what I've seen once and then never again? Eating for energy. Anyone remember that they had the character eat an apple before digging up a full tree and putting it in their pocket? Since then I haven't seen any sign of the food/fullness gauge or of the character eating. I wonder if they took that feature back out (I'd be fine with that, it seems pointless to me) or what's going on there.

EDIT 2: There's a LOT of new footage out there. Dunno if anyone is interested, but if you are you can check it out. I advice not watching for those who want to know less than more, as some of this seems to be taken at a more advanced stage, when Nook Services has already been considerably upgraded and so on.

Arcy
Post Posted: Mar 05, 2020 8:29 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Eating lets you do at least two things, the GameXplain footage from this morning's NDA lift features a tutorial that displays when you sell fruit to the Nooklings. You can use it to dig up grown trees (for replanting purposes) and to break rocks. Since terraforming is a major part of the endgame and native fruit tends to be near worthless at that point in playtime, it seems like a decent enough tradeoff to me. I imagine that rocks will "grow back" in new random empty spots as they have before in certain previous titles.

A lot of YouTube channels are featuring direct capture from the PAX East event this morning, so there's quite a few details to learn. The content creators were treated to three different "demo" experiences which featured the beginning, middle, and end stages of island growth. We've already seen plenty of the starting phase, and most if not all of the capture that was allowed at PAX East is of the middle stage of growth, or around the "tents upgraded to buildings" phase. The third and final demo let players use the terraforming tools briefly, but only the middle demo was available to the general public.

I have been watching videos all morning, haha. I want to know everything, and I can't wait to play!

Kikki
Post Posted: Mar 05, 2020 9:28 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

I'm at the stage where I don't actually want to know any more. :) Everything that was nagging me, wondering about, has been cleared up enough that I am now happy to just wait and have the fun of discovering it for myself in the game, which is a part I really enjoy (I'll grow bored faster if I, for example, know what every shop looks like and exactly how much you can upgrade your house or Nook Services or etc.)

So I only watched a minute of one of the videos and then stopped.

Mama Bird
Post Posted: Mar 05, 2020 10:22 am 
New Seedling
New Seedling

It’s been a while since I’ve played AC. I’m definitely looking forward to this release. I’m like Arcy where I must know every little thing. :lol:

Kikki
Post Posted: Mar 05, 2020 11:46 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

I walk a line with 'spoilers'. I like to know quite a lot in advance with games like Bokumono or Animal Crossing, but I don't like to know everything. (I absolutely hate to know about character events in Bokumono in advance, for example.) Knowing quite a bit hypes me up and helps me prepare...and I feel like I need to know a good amount just to be able to name my town, let alone start planning placement...but knowing too much ruins it for me. Once I'm into the game and certain things start coming up, like if Blathers says he wants to move in, then I'd consider looking up the museum to start planning where I think it'd look good or etc. But it takes some of the fun out for me, to know everything in advance. I have to know enough to be able to make good plans, but still have some surprises. :) I've reached the point with New Horizons where I feel like I already know everything I need to know in advance...I'm confident about starting up my own island, now, so everything else would feel freshest and best as a surprise.

EDIT: Though I still like to see the little dribbles of info coming out of official channels, because they're always light on giving out content. And seeing the new ACNH commercial was nice, though not revealing of anything new. I think it's kind of neat how every English commercial is using middle-aged women in their commercials. :) Even the daughter the mom played with in the last commercial was a girl in her mid to late teens...so they're not targeting young children at all, so far.

Shan O 123
Post Posted: Mar 07, 2020 3:03 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

^
Spoiler:
I hear you get to name the island out in public instead of the beginning. That’s really nice.

Kikki
Post Posted: Mar 07, 2020 3:32 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Yeah, they all get together at a bonfire and decide to name the town, though...obviously they actually leave it to you to choose, even though in theory, you're all deciding together. (Be neat if they actually offered suggestions. I'd refuse them all! But it'd still be fun to see what got thrown out.) I found that scene funny. Tom Nook looks threatening in it, somehow, like the act of naming the island is somehow devious, lol.

I'm not clear on how much of what was shown is how the game will REALLY start, though, and how much was just the demo version (cuz they might have made a special segment to serve as the opening demo)...or if it's all the same.

Arcy
Post Posted: Mar 07, 2020 8:14 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

IGN's Hands-On preview does talk about the intro to the game. The tutorial doesn't happen in "real time", basically you get the introduction to the base mechanics of the game in a fixed time setting and then your avatar "goes to sleep" and then you're in real time after that section. Should be pretty fast to blaze through with only 6 characters on the Island that aren't you (Tom, Timmy, Tommy, Starter Uchi, Starter Jock, and Orville) and an extremely limited exploration area, with no Vaulting Pole or Ladder.

This is similar to how previous Animal Crossing titles have handled the tutorial since it is generally impossible to proceed with the real time mechanic until you talk to everyone you can and do a little work of some sort.

Also worth noting that there is no actual demo for this game, anyone who is playing it to review right now is playing the full release version minus the day one free update. Press and general public was not allowed to touch it at all until it was in the physical cartridge printing cycle. Nintendo is being extremely controlling about the length of time people are allowed to play, the setting they're allowed to play in, and exactly what press is allowed to talk about in coverage.

Kikki
Post Posted: Mar 09, 2020 7:34 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Okay, so, this isn't really news, and all it does is show us our ACNH passport, but for some reason, it poked me with a liiiiitle extra hype. I'm just all excited to earn titles, choose the best one for my passport, and add my own greeting. I'm determined to put in a good one, this time. I'm thinking some quote about wind, like “The breath of life is in the sunlight and the hand of life is in the wind.” But I really doubt that'll fit...even just 'the hand of life is in the wind' probably won't... so I'll probably have to think of something shorter that doesn't rely on more eloquent people already having said it, lol.

EDIT: Though, looking at this keyboard in the game, I now think it is likely that I will be able to type Alizée properly when I'm naming my girl.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1315 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 88  Next