Animal Crossing: New Horizons~

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.

How are you liking the game so far?

You may select 1 option

View results

Arcy
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

In case anyone didn't know, your native flower is always a random flower available in your birth month, your sister flower is always a random flower available in the month you created your island and the third shop flower is seasonal RNG and rerolled every Monday with the other shop restocks. So your native and sister flower did not change (mine are Rose and Pansy), but August has Cosmos, Lily, and Mums in the third flower seed slot rotation.

Native flower grows on your cliffs at the start and can be found on Nook Mile Islands, sister flower seeds are given to you by Nook at the start and also grow on Nook Mile Islands, it is the third flower seed that's always changing in Nook's Cranny, and what gives Lief a huge value if you like flower seeds - he always brings you two different seeds that aren't your native, sister, or currently seasonally available. (As for shrubs, he always brings the one that's currently in bloom and one other randomly selected shrub.)

https://animalcrossing.fandom.com/wiki/ ... ailability
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Thanks Arcy; that chart is useful. I probably would have made use of it while resetting to get my ideal starting island, but I bet it didn't actually exist on release day. So...since I used my real birthdate, I could only ever have gotten roses, windflowers or tulips as my naive flower. What a shame that I got roses! They are my very least favourite of all the AC flowers. :/ Of the two other types available to my month, I'd have been very happy with windflowers, and reasonably happy with tulips, but I got roses. Figures!

Oh well, Leif was here today, so I grabbed 20 white windflowers from him to complete the central residential row. White windflowers are Windfall's flower (even though the game gave me roses as my native, *I* say our emblem is the windflower!)

I managed to snatch the new dragonfly and butterfly today...I'll try going on this evening to grab more of the new critters, since a handful of them are not available in daytime.

I love the new seasonal stationary.

EDIT: Of all 13 new critters, I nabbed 12 of them today. For the rest of the month, all I've got to do is fish up any small shadow I see in the river until one of them comes out as the one I'm missing, and September's critter catching will be complete.
Pachi
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote:Yeah, we'd have to visit each other...though it would only have to be for even a second. As soon as one of us visits the other's island, our names will appear in the friend tab and we can friend each other there, which will then allow us to mail each other stuff. But if you can't get to anyone's island at all, or let them onto yours, I don't think there's any way to friend anyone

(I assume you have a Nintendo Online membership?)
Bummer. I do have the online membership. I'm able to multiplayer on Pokemon, but not AC :( I'm able to dream though

Ohhh that's nice info on the flowers! I haven't really checked what's in stock since August LOL. But my native flower was cosmos, I think my sister flower is roses, then I also had lilies in stock one time.

I am loving the weeds! Might revamp some areas in my island so I can make a mini Haneul Park (located in Seoul) >u<

I wonder if the hedge fencing would change colors too?
LeBurns
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I need the monarch butterfly, which I can't get until the weekend because I'm at work when it's out, and the Pike and Sturgeon fish. I think I got everything else now.

Course I'm still looking for dino poop. :(
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Dunno why I can't catch a mitten crab. They're only supposed to be 'uncommon'. I've been trying for two hours and have caught many, many carp, quite a few angelfish (which are supposed to be the same level of rarity as the crab), three of those weird-looking goby things...and NO mitten crabs. I've even caught 5 dorado. Not the same shadow size, but dorado are 'rare' and I've caught a bunch, but no mitten crab. Do they really have a small shadow? Maybe they're actually medium...

Or maybe they're rarer during cusp hours. I'll have to put my clock forward (or back) to midnight or something.

After this, only two fish left, of ALL fish! And only two bugs, too. The museum is really filling up.

EDIT: Love my new backpack! Will have to try to coordinate outfits with it all week.
Spoiler:
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I love it too!
Many thanks to Jones for the Kimono and Flower Crown!
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

While I think I got it out of a balloon, Jones might have given me that brown pom casquette in my grape harvesting outfit, too. I know I've gotten a few cool-weather caps from Jones and I've lost track of which ones.

I noticed one more thing that did a big change, today, too, that I failed to notice yesterday. One the saving-after-you-quit screen, the little bobbing island/coconut tree. Its colour changed from green to full yellow. And today my grass DEFINITELY has a yellow tinge. Yesterday it was only enough that it could have been wishful thinking, but not today. Definitely turning yellow. Though I'd like the autumn weather to be orange or reddish, rather than an icky dead browny yellow. Maybe the yellow will continue to turn a bit until it's orangey? Any change is refreshing, though. I finished one more bridge today...will put in one more, probably tomorrow.

I need to fill in the area atop Witchwater so that fossils don't spawn up there. It's a small third-level area raised solely to provide extra, decorative gravitas to the museum, and I can't/won't add an incline up to it since I don't want it to be used. Though maybe I'll put a cool-looking DIY up there. I wish this game had a proper windmill like New Leaf. The turbine is hideous...I want the classic windmill style. Or maybe some kind of streamer or windsock. Well, maybe more good stuff will get added to the game later.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

With that grape backpack my grape outfit is complete lol

Rearranging flowers is going to be a pain now that they’re literally everywhere. I think it rains too much.
Arcy
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

If anyone does want to see full-on fall or the fall furniture set, I took some pictures while I was doing it on my second Switch, which has a Southern Hemisphere island. I'm absolutely psyched to go through fall again right now in my Northern Hemisphere file.
Spoiler:
Pachi
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

I'm wearing the grape backpack too! Will take a photo once I have the chance.

I'm doing a lot of rearranging, demolishing, and re-terraforming right now to achieve my silvergrass park :P
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Got my mitten crab at 5:12 AM :) Now all I need is a blowfish in November and a pond smelt in December, and the fish wing will be complete.

Very little museum stuff still required!
Spoiler:
In the same place with bugs. Just need to nab a damselfly in November and a dung beetle in December, and that's it for the bug wing. The turn of the month is not going to be very busy from now on unless it involves an event. Though...there are still 10 underwater critters left for me to catch. Two in October, five more in November, two in March and one in April, I think, if I've been counting right. And then my museum is complete except for art, and who knows about that. Redd didn't come last week, but he showed up today with 3 fakes and 1 genuine, but it was a duplicate. If anyone needs a warrior statue, let me know...I'll be getting one in the mail tomorrow.

I think the museum has 30 paintings and 13 statues. It's difficult to be confident in my count, but I believe I currently have 14 paintings and 6 statues. 20 of 43 total pieces...I think it may take quite a while, given how few real, new pieces he brings. Oh well, at least I have something to look at in every 'room' of the art department.
I like having the monarch butterflies around...they're the ones I saw all the time for most of my life, though I hardly ever see them any more. :(

The rest of this month is about shooting balloons and shaking trees, I guess. And maybe finding a few new pieces of clothing now that the season has changed? I think I have nearly everything already, though. So that's how Windfall looks in September, anyway! Unless they do another update, of course.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

There’s a such thing of too many flowers. And removing them hurts me on the inside :/
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

It's raining for the fourth day in a row...and it rained all day. :evil: I am so sick of rain in Windfall! Get lost! I do NOT WANT ANY MORE FLOWERS TO DEVELOP. I think an excess of flowers just looks like an ugly mess.

Well, Chip is here today. At least I made enough money to complete my final zen bridge...it will probably be my very last bridge of all. I have all 8 inclines and 6 bridges, now that this one is done.

I also climbed up onto Witchwater today to dig up 2 fossils and lay down the clover pattern to keep any more from spawning up there, and I narrowed the river slightly and put two more jumping pads into it, to prevent fish from spawning, too. There clearly really ARE (nice) witches or naiads living under Witchwater Wold...I get an undue amount of fossils and HUGE fish appearing non-stop up there. But hopefully now I can retire my ladder forever...there should no longer be any need to climb up to the top of Witchwater. It's nice to look at from below and it makes you WANT to go up there and fish and hop around, but I don't think anybody should be tromping around up there unless it's an emergency.

Fr seasonal DIYs, I haven't gotten anything but the little tree and the yellow leaf pile so far :(

I like today's autumnal grape harvesty outfit pretty well. I change everything every day, but to go with the grape pack...except those socks. They're too perfect a purple...gotta keep using them.
Spoiler:
Pachi
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Why is it raining in everyone's islands except mine? :lol: need it since I'm trying to breed purple flowers :3
Arcy
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

For me, it hasn't rained much since June, so September being on the rain-heavy side makes sense.

I have the exact number of flowers I want and I have been selling extra to the store.

Nobody seems to want to play multiplayer any more. :(