Animal Crossing: New Horizons~

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.

How are you liking the game so far?

You may select 1 option

View results

Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Double posting and I don't even care. Shocking?

Anyway, got the update last night. Of course, nothing has actually changed yet...one more day for that! Tomorrow morning I can go buy pumpkins and candy. In between furiously scrubbing every floor in the house IRL, yay. I was given a new vacuum in ACNH, but where I really need a new vacuum is RL!

So, nothing changed. Though...the grass is much yellower now! And the trees have gotten a bit yellowy, too, though not a lot. I guess the fall colour change really gets going September 30th? Looks gross right now, very mustardy, but at least change is interesting.

Redd came to town and brought 2 fakes and 2 genuine REPEATS. That made me mad, so I rerolled the barstud (as Terry Pratchett sometimes called them in Discworld.) Then he brought me a 'starry night' painting (twinking painting?) which are always genuine, and I don't have one, so I grabbed it. Everything else was fake or a repeat. I only get him once every two weeks...at a rate of one new painting every two weeks, I still have about 10 months before I'll have all of the art pieces. Let's see if my art wing is actually complete next July. (I bet it won't actually be...)

I looked into the 'spooky' set of furniture/DIYs, and they're really nice, a lot of them, but it appears that they have jack-o-lantern faces on both sides :( I was really hoping they'd only have faces on ONE side so that I could turn them backward and only see a pumpkin. I want to decorate for harvest, not for Halloween. Well, maybe some of them will reverse like that, I only know that the hanging lantern post thing does not.

Pumpkins tomorrow! My farm field has been waiting for you. Guess I now have to put my watering can back in my inventory. I haven't watered a flower in months so I stashed it away, along with my vaulting pole and ladder.

EDIT: There is at least one other small new addition, too. Insignificant, but I liked it. :)
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Kross lover/fan wrote:I have Leif in my town too. I’m buying a whole bunch of pumpkins lol.
I also got a spooky candy set diy from my neighbor.
I wasn’t paying too much attention so I’m not sure how to get different pumpkin colors like Leif mentioned :/
This is a bit odd, but I'm replying to Kross' Backlog post here, cuz I don't want to bog the already very boggy backlog thread with any back-and-forth discussion about ACNH when we have a perfectly good dedicated thread for it. :) (My fault for posting about ACNH there, but I didn't want to triple post on this thread.)

Pumpkin colour are random when you plant from seed. :) So for your first crop, you won't have any choice. The only control you have is over how MANY pumpkins each plant will produce on harvest. (If you water every day until it is mature, you'll get the max of 3.)

However, if you want to have some control over how much you get of each colour, that's possible. If you plant enough pumpkins, you'll probably get at least one plant growing in each colour, and if you pick them and plant the pumpkins (like with planting fruit), the plant that grows from that pumpkin will always grow up to produce the same colour of pumpkin. Orange has the highest probability of growing randomly from seed, and yellow and white have lower probability...and green has the lowest chance of all.

I've planted 38 pumpkins in what is now more of a pumpkin patch than a farm field. I really should get at least a few of each colour, so if my field is flooded with orange guys once the crop comes ripe, I'll dig them up and plant white/yellow/green pumpkins in their place. Mind you, I think the DIYs all take orange pumpkins exclusively anyway, at least according to the pumpkin growing site I checked.

I got a hanging lantern from a balloon, and then the hanging lantern was also for sale in the shop. Boo. My villager was only making a cherry umbrella, this morning. Also boo! But I'm quite happy about the punkins :)
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

So, I meant to skip a day just to check my clothing store for white boots and I ended up timeskipping to Halloween. Ima' put this in spoilers, but it's GREAT
Spoiler:
All the NPC shop keepers dress up! Some have witch hats or devil horns or bear/fox hats. SO CUTE!!!!
Also, everything is brown by Oct 31, but not fall colors. LAME.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I think the trees are only red in November. And maybe they're like the cherry blossom trees...maybe they only last a week or two?

Finally found out that coloured pumpkins are used for customizing the spooky furniture. (You don't appear to need the customization kits, just the right colours of pumpkin.)

EDIT: *squee!* The pumpkin DIY I wanted to use the most (as long as it has a 'no-face' back) turns out to have a blank reverse that just shows as pumpkins! This one has been customized to green, but it's still sufficient proof. YAY. I'm gonna make four of these, one in every colour, and display them all BACKWARDS.

Proof (I think I got it off Polygon, but I've been to a LOT of acnh sites about pumpkins in the past day...):
Spoiler:
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Glad you found a way :3

My patch
LeBurns
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Anyone know if pumpkins can be harvested multiple times, or is it one harvest and then you have to replant? Trying to figure out how many starters to buy and how much ground to dedicate to a pumpkin patch.

Also is there anything that affects the color you get or is it totally random?
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

LeBurns wrote:Anyone know if pumpkins can be harvested multiple times, or is it one harvest and then you have to replant? Trying to figure out how many starters to buy and how much ground to dedicate to a pumpkin patch.

Also is there anything that affects the color you get or is it totally random?
Yeah, they're kinda like flowers. Leave them in the ground and they will continue to produce pumpkins, though you'll only get the max of 3 per plant (per harvest) if you water them every day.

I actually explained the colour thing in the post on this page, where I quote Kross :) You cannot influence the colour of pumpkin you get when you plant a starter, but once you have actual pumpkins, you can plant them, and whatever colour the pumpkin was is the colour of pumpkin it will always produce in the future. You will need...I think it was 78 orange pumpkins, to be able to make every spooky item once. You'll need the coloured ones to customize them to whatever colour you want them to be.
Arcy
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

My gates are open, Turnips 516, the cute October kitty whiskers (Animal Nose) in Able's and IDK what else, buy candy? I'll be leaving them open for a couple more hours. Chrissy was last seen crafting cute rose crown.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Something I found for Kikki. The Halloween stuff can become fall items
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Thanks Shan; good to know that the 4 best ones are reversible (the hanging lantern is not...it has faces on both sides.) The plain jack-o-lantern, the stack of j-o-ls, the lantern set (with the haybale) and the spooky scarecrow are all reversible. The carriage and the chair don't have any faces, so they don't need to be reversed at all. So 6 really nice items can be made to just be 'harvest' or 'autumn' decor. Yay :) I look forward to customizing them, too. I actually really like the spooky set, though for my own sake I'd prefer if the arch didn't have bats all over it. But hey, if I want a harvesty arch, I can use the trees bounty arch, which is gorgeous, full of acorns and pinecones and seedheads.

I am never awake past 11PM any more, lol. Heck, the last few days it has been a mighty struggle to stay awake past 9PM. Glad you guys had fun last night. :)

EDIT: Question. How do you guys get fun out of your villagers? I mean, people love AC so much, and they seem to love the villagers the most. I...don't care about the villagers at all! I have really cute villagers and I vaguely like them this time around, but all I do is talk to them twice each, each day, and that's it. If they ask me to do something for them, I do it. Once in a while I'll look up what they like and give them a present. I don't mail them because letters are tedious. What do you guys do, particularly if the villagers are your favourite part of the game? I get so bored with them, saying the same things all the time. I'd love to know how other people play, that makes them adore their villagers so. (If anyone here feels like villager interactions are one of the best things about the game, anyway.)

EDIT 2: I got 2 more spooky DIYs today! The lantern, from a green balloon, and the spooky lantern set (the haybale) from my snooty villager, Willow. I have NOT, however, gotten a single other Tree's Bounty DIY, and it's been over a month. (-_____-) I still have only the acorn pochette, the yellow leaf pile, and the little tree, which Isabelle gave everyone on the first day. Why are they so rare?! I have shot down soooo many balloons, dang it.
greensara
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

I am loving being able to grow pumpkins! Had my first harvest today and got mostly orange, but a few white and green. Guess I will have to plant some more to get yellow ones.

Isabelle announced a meteor shower tonight, so I will try to get on again tonight because I want to try getting some star fragments. I don't typically stay up too late, especially with school back in session again, lol, but I may stay on for a while after seven. I will try to remember to open my gates and post a Dodo code here tonight if anyone is interested.

Edit: I had the gate open for a bit and got over 20 shooting stars, but I am just too tired tonight to keep making wishes, so my character is calling it a night. Hopefully I am able to find some star fragments tomorrow.
Last edited by greensara on Oct 04, 2020 5:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

It’s not finished but~ I literally just got the Spooky fence so might replace it.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

My pumpkin patch looks like this right now, though I intend add 2 pumpkin stacks to it (behind the scarecrows), and the upper portion (on top of the cliffs) is a random mess right now, so I need to change it, too...and once I have enough pumpkins, I'll dig a few out so that it doesn't look so regimented, and in a few places, replace a few and let them grow back in different stages so that I have some plants with only 1-2 pumpkins on instead of all of them having 3, so that it looks more natural. I'm eager to see what other plants we'll be able to grow in the future, but I'll keep my pumpkin patch going until we have other stuff...now that I've got one, I'm never going without a farm field again!

I'm working on the southern half of Bamboo Bluffs today, too, cuz I'll probably use it for the party. I'm only going for a broad Asian feel, nothing specific. I prefer a really natural look to an overly decorated one. That's probably boring for others to look at, but, well, it works for me. Makes me enjoy walking around Windfall, and that's the important bit. I still need to add stepping stones to the ground and a few camellia bushes, as well as a few stumps or benches or other seating. The positioning of what is already there needs minor tweaking, too.

EDIT: Had a good day. Got the spooky fence from...I think Hamlet. Then just now I got the one I MOST want...the pumpkin tower. Now my patch will be complete! Well, complete until I'm done needing to harvest pumpkins, anyway. Also, a villager FINALLY offered to re-nickname me. I was really tired of being called Wonder Bud! I told Bruce to just call Alizee 'Zay'...an actual nickname rather than a weird title.
LeBurns
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote:SNIP

EDIT: Question. How do you guys get fun out of your villagers? I mean, people love AC so much, and they seem to love the villagers the most. I...don't care about the villagers at all! I have really cute villagers and I vaguely like them this time around, but all I do is talk to them twice each, each day, and that's it. If they ask me to do something for them, I do it. Once in a while I'll look up what they like and give them a present. I don't mail them because letters are tedious. What do you guys do, particularly if the villagers are your favourite part of the game? I get so bored with them, saying the same things all the time. I'd love to know how other people play, that makes them adore their villagers so. (If anyone here feels like villager interactions are one of the best things about the game, anyway.)

SNIP
Good question. It seems I'm much like you in that regard. I just want carnivores and I have two wolves and an eagle which I will talk to when I play (which isn't daily anymore), the rest I try to ignore. I do have a panda that my daughter wants, so I started being mean to it to try to get it to leave. I'd whack it with the bug net, which it let's you do a few times, then it starts to get irritated, and then it will chew me out calling me a meanie. That was actually the most interesting thing I've seen a villager do, I wasn't expecting it. I don't like whacking it though. Wish there was another way to just kick someone out. Course it's still hanging around and others have left. Daughter is still waiting for it to come over.

I planted about 25 pumpkins and did get at least one of each color, so I'll just farm those.

NOTE, they need to increase our home inventory size. If they are going to keep giving us items like these pumpkins that we can use in crafting, I'm going to need room for it all. I'm already having to sell off stuff to make room for pumpkins.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Hitting them with a net actually does nothing.

You want them to leave, you can wait for a camper or just invite someone. Oooorrr see if the animal has a thought bubble over their head..