Animal Crossing: New Horizons~

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.

How are you liking the game so far?

You may select 1 option

View results

Pachi
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

I wasn't able to post this then, but I was able to visit Shan's and Kikki's islands two weekends ago!

Shan -- the grape outfit you had on was super cute; and also, you have Puddles! She is one of my faves in New Leaf :lala:

Kikki -- sorry I dont remember what you call the area, but I really liked your honeybee farm/corner! Looks real cozy, as well as the greenhouse room in your house :lala:

I don't remember if I've mentioned it here before, but I turned my house into a bnb/hostel and was only missing a stove for it to be complete. I was very [and pleasantly] surprised that Nook's was selling not one, but two(!) cooking furniture the other day: a gas stove and kitchen system :) with that, my house is complete \o/

I uploaded some pics of the rooms~
1: exterior, 2: reception, 3: common kitchen, 4: toilet and bathroom
1 & 2: dorm-type room, 3: private japanese-style room, 4: basement / owner's (aka my) room :)

I also designed a little space just outside the house as a common lounging area (but I forgot to take pics haha)
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Thanks Pachi :) It's funny to me how what anyone compliments when they come to Windfall is always something I didn't think of at all, or at least, didn't think much of. (It never even occurred to me until about a week after I uploaded my town that anyone would look at the inside of my house, lol...I never spend any time in there!) My main goal for Windfall was just to make it fun (and easy, with no roadblocks!) for me to walk around. My favourite things to do are to walk around the corner from town centre, just to the west of the beach, past Reneigh's house to the bridge...and to head west from the museum and over that bridge to then walk through all the black flowers (with a bit each of white, dark purple and baby pink roses) and trees of Sable Glade, toward Bootlegger Beach.

I also like to walk up the east incline onto Bamboo Bluffs, then stand on the diagonal bridge for a clothing shoot, and then down the other side, lol. Basically, it's the overall landscaping, and the placement of trees and flowers, that really entertain me. I actually dislike placing furniture. It's a tedious task and then the stuff just gets in the way of when I want to walk around freely.

Probably Windfall will always be a mite underdeveloped because of that. I just want to run around looking at flowers and trees and hills that look either natural/believable, or somehow magical. (I do wish I had gotten two more of those bamboo wishing tree things when they were the special seasonal offering, though. They look cool up on Bamboo Bluffs.)

The colours of your bedroom look great :) The kitchen looks cozy and well-loved, too.

EDIT: Sable Glade makes me really wish that AC had a dark fruit tree type. Like a PLUM tree, for example, with damascus or damson plums on. Even a fig tree would be acceptable. My native apple trees look horrible there when they have fruit on them...too gaudily bright and cheerful. The glade should be magically moody, not chipper. It's more of a moonlight place than a sunlight one.

EDIT 2: Today's outfit is the peacoat and brown pom casquette, but I also really liked yesterday's poncho/beret outfit, and the embroidered, ethnic-looking red outfit from a few days before that.
Spoiler:

Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Thanks Pachi! Glad you like my outfit. And haha yeah she’s cute.
Pachi
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

@ Kikki, I like looking at every corner whenever I visit islands hehe. and thanks! The kitchen is actually my favorite room in the whole house. I have K.K Birthday playing there too and I think it adds to the coziness -- kind of like a mom's cooking/nostalgic vibes :)
Harvest Moon kawaii
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

The new Fall update for Animal Crossing: New Horizons launches September 30th!!! :heart:

And the next free update after that is set for late November!! :)
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

^
Oohhh I can’t wait!
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I've been reeeeeeeeeally hoping for a dead or creepy tree furniture/diy, and it looks like we may be getting one. I'm also very happy to see more eye colours. I've been dissatisfied with the ones available from the start...maybe the new batch will finally have an eye colour I really like. The pale mauve and tiffany blue are good contenders. I like pumpkin stuff, too, though not so much when they're jack'o'lanterns...I prefer autumnal pumpkin deco over Halloween pumpkin deco. Maybe they'll have a little of what I want there, too? Can't tell, yet, but it looks like a fun update, anyway.
Kross lover/fan
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

That looks awesome! I’m going to deck out my whole island with Halloween stuff! I like any ‘spooky’ stuff :3
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I've never overly been a fan of spooky, (not that I think jack-o-lanterns are spooky, tbh...they look cheerful and cute to me, usually, unless someone managed to carve a truly grim-looking face into it) but I do want an increase in things that look great, yet aren't cute. I want a dead tree, but it doesn't have to be spooky-looking to make me happy, I just want it to look...normal. Or drab or a liiiiittle bit gothic. Even totally plain, but dead. Not hyper cheerful. AC's looks has always been very cutesy, and even the spooky stuff retains a high level of cuteness and can never genuinely look creepy or ugly or even drab, imo, but...yeah.

I'd like a blackened/burnt/lightning-struck dead tree with crows or ravens in it for a bit of extra life and interest. (Not that I think we'll get one, lol.) Or just a hint of it having a 'face' in the bark.

I guess I should now set out a plot for a farm. Hmm, I hate my bakery area, it looks stupid and pointless. Maybe I should scrap it entirely in favour of a farm for pumpkins and whatever else we may be able to grow in the future. That or I can add a farm to bamboo bluffs.

Scarecrows and haybales and farm fencing, here I come... Please give me a pile-of-pumpkins deco, Nintendo, pleasey please! Give us all the j-o-l's you want, but I also want some that are just natural pumpkins! Think 'harvest' rather than only 'Halloween', thankee, devs. At the very least, I hope that the back side of the j-o-l creations have a neutral pumpkin design that looks good...that way I can just display them backward and not have faces carved into all my cute pumpkins. But I guess if they don't have anything like that, if they focus specifically on Halloween and not 'harvest time', they may put that in Nov's update, even though here in Canada we have Thanksgiving in mid-October and we're covered in snow by the US T-day with not a hint of harvest or autumn left to be had. Not around here, anyway!
Last edited by Kikki on Sep 25, 2020 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kross lover/fan
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Lol I use the term ‘spooky’ very loosely in this case cuz like you said, AC has always been way more cute. Perhaps Spoopy would’ve been a better term. :P I like gothic style/things but I also like cute so the halloween theme in AC is right up my alley. I like actual scary things to an extent (like I’m a big ol chicken when it comes to playing horror games but I like watching others play them lol) but as long as it’s all in good fun, I can go on either end of the spectrum.

I personally want more decorations that you can put on your house. The little door decals are nice but I’d like to see hanging lights the ability to change the color of your whole house and not just the roof. Customize the outside a little more but I don’t think that’s going to happen.

I’d also like it if we could turn/terraform things/waterfall so it’s sideways. Not just in a straight line. Not sure if that makes sense lol
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

You mean so that waterfalls are diagonal? That would be nice :) Actually, I've always wanted to be able to turn all things diagonal. Instead of rotating a full 90 degrees with every turn, making it so you can set the front only to north/east/south/west, I'd like to be able to turn them by 45 degrees, so that you have the option of setting the front of something to not only those four positions, but also to NE/SE/SW/NW.

I'm really hoping I can just turn any pumpkin deco backwards to hide the carved face and have it show as a plain pumpkin. I love fall/autumn decor, but am not overly crazy about Halloween (my family doesn't celebrate it.) Best of both worlds, if that is the case...have them suit both 'Halloween' and 'Harvest' themes :)
Kross lover/fan
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

^ yes thank you, don’t know why I couldn’t think of that XD
But yes, just have everything be diagonal and have it line up better. Like bridges in front of houses are always half a square off and it bugs the crud out of me.
Pachi
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

ooo I'm excited, mostly for the pumpkin farm! I have two areas I can use -- I'm looking forward to redesign those spaces :)
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Pumpkin growing looks fun. It'd be nice if there was other crops we could grow throughout the year so the plots we make don't just become vacant once the season is over, because I have a feeling they will.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Rambling about making new player characters and undesirable visitors. Cut for length.
Spoiler:
I believe there was evidence found of around 5 different crops in the game code, but hopefully from now on there will always be at least one crop you can grow. However, I did read that pumpkins are not only growable now...they'll be permanently available to grow. Though I do wonder if seeds will be seasonally available in the shop, like the flowers. Also, I don't know where Animal Crossing World got their info that pumpkins could be grown year-round, so...

Gotta make me a new character today (or two...I think I also need a boy to pawn my too-masculine-looking clothing off on...Alizée won't wear it, and neither will Zephyree. Even Scirocco turns her nose up at some of it for being too boyish.) And in the meanwhile I think I'll also make a bunch of haybales and anything else that looks 'farmy'.

Redd did not come this week :( Dagnabit, I wish I could ban Label from Windfall completely. I'd actually boot Chip and Flick, too, since I don't care about making money any more. (I'm not rich, I only have a million or so in the bank, but it's enough, with everything already being in place, that I don't care about making more in big chunks.) Heck, Saharah and regular Gulliver could go, too. I'd like to ban them all until I have every painting from Redd, and then they can all go back to random.

I also have NO use for Baby Joan (if that's her name). I never, ever take part in the stockmarket, and don't think I ever will, so she's just a wasted visitor slot every Sunday.

In all this time, I still only have gotten ONE Tree's Bounty DIY from a balloon. :?

EDIT: Took FOREVER, but I made two new player characters. My only boy, Zephyr, and a third girl, Mistrelle (really just an alternate spelling of Mistral that makes it look like a girl's name.) The 'farm' is made, too.

NEXT MORNING EDIT: I've been busy and even managed to get them houses that have been upgraded twice, and got them their better tools, and the first pocket expansions so they can carry 30. I even managed to get Mist her hairstyles, but I have a feeling she's going to wear this awful gothic lolita wig really frequently, so her hairstyle may not even matter. I'm going to expand their houses until they have the back room and one side room (left for Mist, but I guess I can't get just the right for Zeph, though it's what I want!) Oh man, SO MUCH MONEY...but it'll make their houses look good flanking the farm field, and it'll give them each 360 inventory slots. Plus then I can change their mailboxes. (I do wish you could fully customize the houses at any size, though. I LIKE the look of the smaller houses! Why must I be stuck with being unable to customise the door or siding or roof just because I want some of my characters in smaller houses?)