Ushi No Tane - Harvest Moon

The forum for Ushi No Tane, a Harvest Moon fansite

* Rules    * Login 

* Search  * Register
It is currently Nov 29, 2020 11:03 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1249 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73 ... 84  Next

How are you liking the game so far?
I love it! It’s everything I’ve dreamed of and more!!!
So far so good. Too early to tell.
It’s alright...but I was expecting more
It’s an Animal Crossing game...nothing more, nothing less
Don’t like it but I’ll play longer to see if that changes
Don’t like it, will be returning
You may select 1 option

View results
Kross lover/fan
Post Posted: Aug 08, 2020 9:33 am 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

^ It looks great on Alizée! Glad you like it :)

I’m glad to say that my museum fossil collection is almost complete! I only need the backside of a sabertooth tiger and the posterior of one other (can’t remember which one) but only two missing fossils!

I’ve been slacking on my fishing list but I believe I got almost everything until next month.

Unfortunately I’ve had 0 luck in finding ANY Summer Shells diy recipes or mermaid ones :/
Not giving up tho.

Shan O 123
Post Posted: Aug 08, 2020 9:58 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

If you want I can let you come over and dig up all of my fossil. I shouldn’t need anymore so I left them under ground lol

Kross lover/fan
Post Posted: Aug 08, 2020 10:25 am 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

^ lol ironically I just had my fossils appraised and I found one of the missing fossils! So now all I need is the saber tooth one! I also finally got one mermaid diy recipe!

Unfortunately even though I have my system plugged in, the battery was still draining so I have to turn it off for a while :/ thanks for the offer tho Shan :)

Kross lover/fan
Post Posted: Aug 10, 2020 9:17 am 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Sorry to double post but I had a quick question for anyone who might know. Since restarting my game a few months ago I haven’t seen head nor feathery tail of Gulliver. He finally showed up today but looks and is talking like a pirate. He’s missing his whole communicator instead of just the parts. Is this new? Is it not but just a rare occurrence? How hard did he hit his head to change personalities?!

Any answers is appreciated:)

Kikki
Post Posted: Aug 10, 2020 9:42 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

That's "Gullivarrr"...he was added with the...er...the August update? No, I think it must have been the July update. You should still get visits from both, they're considered to be separate entities.

Kross lover/fan
Post Posted: Aug 10, 2020 9:46 am 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

^ thank you. It’s amazing that I haven’t had either until now :/
They might be separate entities but my headcanon says Gulliver had too much grog XD

Last edited by Kross lover/fan on Aug 10, 2020 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shan O 123
Post Posted: Aug 10, 2020 9:48 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Yeah he came with the July update. Yes, they’re completely different and yes, you will get visits from both

Kikki
Post Posted: Aug 18, 2020 2:53 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

I'm thinking everyone is slowly floating into the same boat...I'm not actually playing ACNH much, at this point. But I do have a few things, and I am still cleaning up some sections of landscape after restructuring the town. I wish there was a better way to move flowers. (9__୧)

Got an incline down to the 'secret beach' built. I never saw Tom Nook say this before...does he automatically say it if you build an incline this close to Bootlegger Beach? Or...have I just never bothered to hold a ceremony for an incline before? (I tend to forgo celebration ceremonies...I don't see the point of them when they don't work like New Leaf, bringing everyone to one spot so that you can then quickly run around and say hello to them all while you know where they are.) I think every villager is there, though you can only see half of Fauna's head, and only the tippy-top of Bruce and Willow's heads...and Weber is, I think, probably hidden behind the pine tree close to Reneigh. But it IS a bit tight. Still, never had him say this before, iirc. And this is another area that needs major clean up...I've been dumping all my black flowers here willy-nilly. Glad to never need to carry a ladder around any more, though.
Spoiler:

I also got a Leo head sculpture wall thingy from jones. It's one of the better star fragment items, imo, and weirdly it kinda seems like it goes in my kitchen. Though...this is one series I particularly want to place outdoors. I wish we could hang items from cliffs! I find the star frag stuff frustrating, though, cuz I never stay up to play at night. Lately I can barely keep my eyes open until 9 PM...so all the wishing and star fragment collection, and getting the recipes from Celeste feels uncomfortably burdensome and inconvenient. I just can't play at night.
Spoiler:

And finally, I was trying to get a complete paper bag look ever since the paper bag 'hat' appeared in the shop. This sort of works...
Spoiler:

But until there are new critters, a new season or a new event...I just don't feel like I have anything I want to do in Windfall any more. The only thing that makes me check in daily at this point is Redd (for paintings) and I tend to want to skip weekends entirely. Restructuring kept me very busy for about a week, and I like my new layout, but...

LeBurns
Post Posted: Aug 18, 2020 11:16 am 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

I think I'm winding down also. I finally got all my houses and stores moved. Placed all the paths, inclines, and bridges I want. Got nine islanders, don't really care for more but leaving an opening in case I see someone I want. I actually got around to placing some items on the beach and around the museum.

And now I'm kind of ... well ... There are a few bugs I need which only appear at night. Ironically I sleep at night, and I'm not sure I want a game taking enough control of my life that I would stay up late trying to get a bug, or change the time on my Switch. I mean after I get the bug then what ... bragging rights? Do I become a better person or something? I'm all for being a completionist, but I'd like to be one on my time, not a game's time.

The game is losing it's appeal. Every day I look forward to knocking another month off in my FE:3H game ... and I dread turning on AC:NH to go through that daily routine. My daughter is still playing and we trade some stuff. I guess there's that.

Shan O 123
Post Posted: Aug 18, 2020 11:25 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

If anything I’m ready for halloween? Just bought the mummy outfit to go with the head which I need to reorder.

Kikki
Post Posted: Aug 18, 2020 11:30 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

I stopped doing the daily routine ages ago. Basically once I got all the fossils, I was done with the routine. I don't even check the shops every day, now, and I NEVER dig up my fossils any more...they're not worth that much, and I've already donated them all, so what's the point? The only thing I do is look for Redd, speak to any villager I see (though I don't go looking for them any more) and bury 10,000 bells in the golden hole, if I come across it. I don't go looking for it, but if I see it while running down to town square and then around the beach to find my daily bottle, I plant myself some money.

Basically, I play about 10-15 minutes a day, now, and often skip weekends, since there's no chance of Redd, then. I'll play a bit more to catch new critters when the month shifts, and I'll try out new events/updates, but other than that, I'm kinda done.

But I've always gotten bored really quickly. Mind you, I maintained my daily interest in New Leaf for a good half year compared to about 1-3 months in New Horizons, even though this game has much nicer looks, cuter clothing, and I like the terraforming. Maybe the pacing in New Leaf was just better for me.

LeBurns
Post Posted: Aug 18, 2020 11:44 am 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Kikki wrote:
I stopped doing the daily routine ages ago. Basically once I got all the fossils, I was done with the routine. I don't even check the shops every day, now, and I NEVER dig up my fossils any more...they're not worth that much, and I've already donated them all, so what's the point? The only thing I do is look for Redd, speak to any villager I see (though I don't go looking for them any more) and bury 10,000 bells in the golden hole, if I come across it. I don't go looking for it, but if I see it while running down to town square and then around the beach to find my daily bottle, I plant myself some money.

I'm missing one fossil. The dino droppings. My daughter has four of them and has them laying around her island just to taunt me. Every day, four fossils. Four 'we already have those'. Four 'I could buy these for myself but must restrain...'. And another day goes by.

I think after the last fossil is found I may be skipping days as well.

Arcy
Post Posted: Aug 19, 2020 1:34 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

One of the things I like the most in New Horizons is the ceremonies for building various things - any time they're in a cramped spot, Nook gets irate and says that line. But the best thing about them is Isabelle. If you complete a work in the rain, she attends with an umbrella. If you complete a work on a Sunday in August, she wears her head bopper. I'm not a big fan of Isabelle (Lottie is my favorite by far), but her little fashion variations tickle me. It also brings all of your characters instead of just the three or four of them from New Leaf so you can take excellent group shots, and can do so at any time of day regardless of their sleep schedule. The trade off is they don't stick around that area of course, but I like the new way better. It can also lead to some unfortunate/hilarious villager placement for the pictures since sometimes they end up in weird spots depending on the elevations around the completed work.

Days are still taking me at least 2 hours to "do all the things" each, I've finally started making friends with my new rabbit residents and tracking them all down to do gift exchanges does swallow some time. I also sold my pink mermaid shoes on accident and Pascal will give you clothing duplicates occasionally once you've gotten all his unique items, so I make sure to swim every day.

Overall, it is five months after launch as of today (if you bought digital anyhow), and I'm only getting more enthralled by the game. As they add things with free update after free update you can start to see how great the finished work will be. I'm very interested in what they have planned for Halloween and Thanksgiving, as the November that already exists in the game is extremely busy between Mushrooms (available all month), Maple Leaves (available between November 16th-25th), and making sure you've stocked up enough Acorns and Pinecones for the Winter (available all Fall). Adding a Franklin-level event (think Bunny Day) to that might be too much in too short of a time span even for me!

greensara
Post Posted: Aug 19, 2020 4:07 am 
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

After playing it so much since release day, I too had been getting tired of the "work" it had become to keep up the routine most days. The swimming addition helped, but not for very long, as I haven't bothered getting all the creatures , items, or recipes from Pascal. After neglecting my island to binge play FOMT though, I seem to have gained a better perspective. Yes, there were some weeds and undug fossils, and villagers commented on my absence, but really the island was okay without me making a chore of checking it so often. Really, I'm not beholden to police it daily, I can play when I feel like it and that's okay. I don't know why, but just that little realization relieved a big part of the stress factor for me, making the game a bit more fun for me again when I do decide to get on.

I am really looking forward to the fall stuff. Fall is probably my favorite season in real life, though we don't get much "fall" weather here. Crazy hot or crazy cold seems to be the bigger trend, lol. I hope I am able to get most of the recipes and materials, as I had pretty bad luck with the cherry blossom recipes. I do hope they bring back Franklin and his furniture set, but do it less obnoxiously than bunny day. I've always got a kick out of his events and I like his furniture.

Kikki
Post Posted: Aug 19, 2020 4:36 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Yeah, I'm definitely looking forward to collecting anything leafy, acorny, or mushroomy, and to seeing a notable seasonal shift (spring into summer wasn't a very big change in appearance.) Fall is definitely the most glorious season, where I live (Eastern Ontario), even if what I prefer to DO/how I like to live is most available in summer. I don't like summer itself that much...I just love the activities I can do most effectively then, like cycling and gardening. I'm indifferent to Halloween, but I love harvest themes and anything woodland.

Those are things I love and lean toward collecting irl, too, so of course. :) I'm gonna have one small magic mushroom forest up on the highest level in the central northern area, where my main character lives. Gradually I will convert Bamboo Bluffs (the whole west and north-west area) into a proper region with properly arranged flowers and an actual layout rather than the random mass of nature junk that's up there right now. I wish I could apply a 'steam' effect to the lake up there to make it look like a natural hot spring. (Be really neat if you could also swim in the rivers rather than just in the sea...I could pretend to go for a soak and it'd be awesome if villagers could, too. I wish villagers could use/interact with a lot more of the DIY and furniture stuff in general. I want them to go IN the pool, or get in a teacup and whirl around on the ride! Too much work in programming?)

I don't really know what Nintendo plans to do with New Horizons once a year has passed as we should have every holiday already added to the game by then. Will they make the celebrations a bit different each year? Add NEW events? Or just gradually stop updating, maybe.

I definitely care about completing the museum, so that keeps me going back on when there are new critters, and to do a quick check for Redd, but other than that I'm down to a very idle/detached play-style.

EDIT: I've noticed since restructuring the island, I now find my villagers wandering EVERYWHERE. They used to stick right to town square and the eastern beach, and a little bit to the north east corner where my 2 player character houses are, but now they're all over. I found both Reneigh and Walt up on Bamboo Bluffs this morning...Reneigh was sitting on the ground eating a Fudgesicle and Walt was just walking until he decided to whip out a dumbell and start pumping his guns. Nothing special, in other words. They both live way out in the east-most section, and Bamboo Bluffs is to the far northwest. It was always possible for them to go there, there were inclines and so on...but they never did. What changed?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1249 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73 ... 84  Next