Animal Crossing: New Horizons~

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.

How are you liking the game so far?

You may select 1 option

42%
23%
29%
4%
No votes
2%

Total votes: 52

Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

^
I can, though seems are times are off....
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I never did do multiplayer unless I had to...it stresses me out. It feels too much like actual, real-life socialization, with extra uncertainty and awkwardness thrown in because of how difficult it is to communicate, if you ever need to. I got people registered on my list and now all I ever do is mail stuff.

Though I am planning, once I get Windfall tidied up a bit more (still getting rid of a lot of flowers up on Bamboo Bluffs, and the path toward Bootlegger Beach), to get a dream address to give to two friends I have, that are not on Fogu and not easy to coordinate with, so we'll probably never actually do the multiplayer thing. But at least I can let them wander my town at their leisure via dream.

And luckily for the state of Windfall, I got hurt yesterday, so any chore that requires lifting anything is out until after Monday...I may end up putting more play hours into Windfall (and into my backlog) than I would otherwise have done. Maybe I'll be able to get a dream address pretty soon. Hope so! Though Bamboo Bluffs is a mess...it's a bit daunting to even think about tidying it up. All those trees on the way to Bootlegger Beach, too, are going to have to be jiggled about. Time for some path laying!

I sure hope it's not raining again.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

It’s worth uploading your dream town everyday cuz Luna gives you bell tickets in the mail you can sell for 5,000 bells each.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Not worth it, to me. I don't even bother to go around to find the bell rock each day to get about 16,000 bells. Going through the rigamarole of talking to Luna and uploading your town to get a voucher (I don't know if hers are a different value, but the bell vouchers you can redeem with Nook Miles are only worth 3,000 bells) is too much of a hassle for what I could get for shaking two of my orchard trees and selling their fruit. (Not that I ever do that, either, lol.)

Plus I don't want my town to have an online presence at all, yet. So far there doesn't seem to be any way to visit random towns (unless maybe you're able to randomly guess a dream code...I may try to see if that's possible, today.) but I don't want to take any chances of unknown jerks like those youtubers who made a video of deliberately going around and reporting other peoples towns. Not just for legitimately cheaty stuff like star trees (though I don't care if other people cheat/hack, as long as it doesn't introduces glitches into MY game) but even for incredibly stupid stuff, like not having enough inclines or bridges, (in the opinion of the visitor.)

I'm still annoyed at those twits, and it had nothing to do with me. Honestly, the ones Nintendo should give warnings to are those who abuse the 'report' option!

But anyway, I'm almost done. I can't complete Bamboo Bluffs yet, nor my magic/faery forest...but pretty nearly everything else is complete. I do need to do a bit more flower arranging, but not a huge amount. I completed the forest path to Bootlegger Beach today, and the graveyard (though I'd like to add a statue around the middle) and the apiary...though the apiary needs one more hive and 3-5 yellow cosmos. Wish there were more bee/honey/hive related items in the game! And I really wish you could hang stuff on cliff faces, like on walls.

I also quickly made a tribute area that I didn't know I was going to make. When I lived in Ottawa, I loved Commissioner's Park, full of huge old trees and streams of tulips. (Ottawa has a history with the Dutch royal family, which is where the tradition of having many tulips began. CP is where the annual Tulip Festival's largest display is.) So rather than getting rid of my ugly mess of tulips, I corralled them all into a triangular section on the river (CP is on the shore of Dow's Lake) with a few trees, a park bench and a drinking fountain, and now it is my homage to Commissioner's Park, though no one could possibly get that from it without me telling them.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I don’t think anyone can visit unless you share your dream address. That’s probably why Nintendo didn’t add a random button.
Pachi
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Grape backpack outfits uwu

I think I finished re-terraforming (for now). Just gotta decorate a bit, then I'm satisfied again. Kinda proud how one area I did looks like -- I'll share it here when I remember to upload pics :P also, I really need it to rain so my weeds in my silvergrass park can grow full size already. I was villager hunting/island hopping the other day, and it was raining on all islands I went to, but mine was sunny all day
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

After many, many announcements about how there is no news, but she found her favourite sock! (Or a cool recipe to try, or etc) Isabelle tells me, today, that we have a visitor in the campsite. Woo? Went to check, and it is a male hippo with what looks like a mustache was drawn in black sharpie on his face, zig-zag style. His name is Harry.

Windfall sure is exciting! :lol:

Today is the last day I'll deliberately wear the grape harvest pack. I've worn it every day, now, and made sure to change my outfit completely each time, no re-wearing items (except for the purple Labelle socks, which I did wear 2 or 3 times). Here are yesterday and today's outfits. Today's is the weirdest one. Yesterday's was probably my favourite. Maybe because I loooove those boots, particularly with tights or leggings. (I really like the hat, too.) I have them in more than one colour, but the camel-coloured ones are my favourite, they make every step you take look so darned cute.
Spoiler:

Windfall is nearly ready for upload. It needs more tweaks (that will probably always be true...can you ever really completely finish and never have a better idea for flower layout or etc?) and two large areas can't be completed yet, but I may try it. I won't make my Dream Address publicly available even when I do upload it, though, so if anyone is interested in walking around Dream Windfall, you can always PM me and I'll send it that way. :) (I'm quite certain that even strangers who don't know your address can visit if they randomly guess your D.A...but I tried entering random numbers and none of them ended up being anyone's DA, so it should be pretty rare for anyone to just stumble across your island. There are 999,999,999,999 number options, after all! That is literally a trillion, minus one, so...guessing one correct address out of a trillion possibilities seems tough, even if all 22 million people playing ACNH have gotten themselves an address...that'd leave 999,977,999,999 numbers unassigned to anyone.)

EDIT: Um, so how do they work, though? I know they save your town exactly as it was at the moment you uploaded it, but...does that mean that it saves it at that TIME, too? Like, I uploaded my around 8 or 9 AM. Would anyone who visited Dream Windfall be at 8-9AM, too? And if it was raining, would it be raining forever?
Arcy
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote:EDIT: Um, so how do they work, though? I know they save your town exactly as it was at the moment you uploaded it, but...does that mean that it saves it at that TIME, too? Like, I uploaded my around 8 or 9 AM. Would anyone who visited Dream Windfall be at 8-9AM, too? And if it was raining, would it be raining forever?
Yes (time, date, weather are all saved forever), but you can update your dream at any time and it will use that new time, date, weather - update may have a once per day limit because there's a small reward for doing so, similar to New Leaf's Dream Suite, but I have not tested that.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Ah, thanks. It's hard to decide what to go with, with the grass changing colour a bit every day, and with the different lighting at every hour. Plus I went and decided to move Bruce's house to Sable Glade today, and then get Sherb's house off the beach (I don't really like dealing with the beach...I have basically nothing out there but coconut trees and windflowers.) to put it where Bruce's house used to be. Then the two cutest villagers will be living right beside me. :)

Bruce's black house looks good in the mess of dark flowers, though...I didn't actually do it to get Sherb next door. :) I do wish I could get Sherb and Hamlet to talk to each other, though. They've never had a conversation and they're both so cute.

I've kept Windfall relatively natural, nothing like the super-fancy, done-to-the-nines islands you can see at some dream addresses. Mine won't likely be as interesting to browse, though I think it's easier to live with, for lack of better words. I like trying to make it look naturally beautiful, with tree, flower, land and water placement, rather than with furniture. Plus my priority is always being able to get from place to place really easy, with no barriers...I get so annoyed when I could take a shortcut but a house or bushes or a fence are blocking my way.

Plus the villagers hardly ever interact with anything that's been placed anyway. :/ I wish the game had a feature where you could invite villagers to an area centered around wherever you're standing when you issue the invite, and they'd come and interact with whatever furniture or items you have placed there. Like having a beach party or getting them to eat at your diner or...whatever.
Pachi
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Another grape backpack fit :P I got Pashmina to move in a few days ago and was pleasantly surprised her house is a diner! She's got nothing yet though.. I guess I'll have to gift her food items xD

Kikki, let us know when it's uploaded~ I like to see other islands and I can only do so through dreaming xD
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

^
Here’s mine DA-2340-8054-5677
Pachi
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Gotcha Shan! I'll go over when I can~
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Willow sent me a present, saying I should stay warm. It's freezing in my room today, which made it feel extra cute...and I love the long cardigan she sent me! Totally in my colours and preferred style, too.

Not doing anything else in AC today, though. I got my moon rug and a pair of pirate boots in the mail today, and I moved Sherb's house (decided to move Fauna's first, so it took an extra day). Chip is my visitor, so I don't really have anything else I care to do. Though I did find a new DIY recipe on the beach, which was lucky. No more new seasonal stuff from balloons yet, though. Boo. Oh well, the collection period is really long...lots of time to find all the Tree's Bounty stuff.
Pachi
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Happy how this section turned out :lala: Has anyone gotten pine cones from shaking? All I seem to get are acorns :/
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

You can only get acorns from deciduous trees, and you can only get pine cones from the evergreen trees. If you shake the maximum of 9 twigs out of a tree (the most you can shake out in one go without picking any up or changing position) on average you'd normally get one of them to be a pinecone or acorn...but it's all down to luck.

I feel like peaches are probably the most picturesque of the fruits in AC. They look really decorative in your pics, Pachi :) Did you visit that Blue Moon dream town? If not, I bet you'd like the look of some of their waterfall areas...they seem to favour the single-wide splash, too. :) One-wide does show off the white gradiation the best. I oughtta put a few one-wide waterfalls along the eastern wall of Bamboo Bluffs.