Ushi No Tane - Harvest Moon

The forum for Ushi No Tane, a Harvest Moon fansite

* Rules    * Login 

* Search  * Register
It is currently Jan 21, 2021 9:01 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1306 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84 ... 88  Next

How are you liking the game so far?
I love it! It’s everything I’ve dreamed of and more!!!
So far so good. Too early to tell.
It’s alright...but I was expecting more
It’s an Animal Crossing game...nothing more, nothing less
Don’t like it but I’ll play longer to see if that changes
Don’t like it, will be returning
You may select 1 option

View results
Kikki
Post Posted: Oct 31, 2020 1:45 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

I got every Halloween recipe and item in 15-20 minutes and started out with a stack of 30 candies, and still have a stack of 25. You get so much candy that you really don't need many at all. Or maybe I got lucky with how fast villagers handed over all the items and recipes?

Also finally found out what the villagers do if you don't give them candy. It's cool, and NOT giving them candy is definitely the more entertaining option. Once you've got everything, might as well run around telling them to do their worst, lol.

It was really cute, but went fast. I like the weirdo music.

Shan O 123
Post Posted: Oct 31, 2020 1:55 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Did you see Jack? You need lollipops for him to get everything. You get lollipops from your villagers, that’s why you need a lot of candy. It’s random.

Kikki
Post Posted: Oct 31, 2020 2:09 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Yeah, I meant it when I said I got everything with just those candies. Everything from all the villagers AND Jack. :) It went super fast. Bruce ran up to me every time I went in and out of a house and he always gave me a lollipop.

EDIT: Tomorrow is November. The clocks go back an hour tonight, and tomorrow I need to try catching a damselfly and a blowfish. No other new regular critters, and I'll have only ONE of each left to catch to complete my critterpedia.

5 new deep sea critters to catch in November, though. Guess I'll be seeing Pascal again tomorrow. It's been a while...I never go diving unless I have a new critter to find for the museum.

Pachi
Post Posted: Nov 01, 2020 4:32 pm 
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

AC just won't let me off, won't it :lol: in other words, I am back in terraforming hell. I decided to move the museum and try to actually design a nice space for it; previously it was crammed between the town hall (for convenience' sake) and residential area. But now I can place it far away since I've completed all the fossils and won't have to go to Blather every time to have them assessed then run over to Nooks Cranny to sell them. Then, with all that space from the museum, I can expand the residential area and give my residents little spaces for themselves. I'm also moving them to the second level because I want to try a terraforming trick I've seen: (idk how to explain it but) 3-tiered waterfalls in the background with houses on the second level

Also, Chrissy asked to move out and I got Beau from island hopping to replace her :) I was determined to get a normal villager, but when I saw him, he was too cuuteee. aaand he kinda looks like a forest deity so I thought of placing his house in my forest/mountain area so he can fulfill the role huehe

Kikki
Post Posted: Nov 03, 2020 11:56 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

I will probably not be available on ACNH for a few weeks...maybe all of November. I'm ONLY going to be going on to grab my mushrooms until it comes time to start grabbing maple leaves at least, cuz I have my hands full with Cold Steel and Cafe Enchante, and then Age of Calamity. I'm not ignoring anybody! I just don't have time to do any extras in AC for a few weeks.

Shan O 123
Post Posted: Nov 07, 2020 1:05 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Ugggghhhh..... I want to completely rearrange my whole island but....so. Much. Work. I definitely don’t want to restart my game because I have a lot of items I want to keep and I like my villagers.

If Nintendo just let us store flowers and trees away it’d be more easier.

Anonymous Fish
Post Posted: Nov 08, 2020 5:27 pm 
Anonymous Fish

Halloween wasn’t that fun in New Horizons. One candy a day killed me since I don’t play daily. I ended up only getting 6~ pieces of candy, which meant I ran out of candy. The one candy limit is weird considering previous games hadn’t two or three a day.

Well, maybe Thanksgiving will br better.

Arcy
Post Posted: Nov 08, 2020 8:34 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Anonymous Fish wrote:
Halloween wasn’t that fun in New Horizons. One candy a day killed me since I don’t play daily. I ended up only getting 6~ pieces of candy, which meant I ran out of candy. The one candy limit is weird considering previous games hadn’t two or three a day.

Staring with 6 pieces of candy is more than enough, especially if you have 10 villagers. You only need 15-20 to finish the whole event. Your animal friends inside houses will give you one if you wear a costume, any costume, pieces of which are sold all month long at Able's, you can reliably get 2-4 every 15~ish minutes from that alone. Everyone will give you one if you talk to them with Jack's full outfit on. If you run out, outdoor villagers give you a pity candy instead of tricking you. Also, there was a limit of one candy per day... but it was easily circumvented by visiting friends (one candy per visit even if you had visited them already that day, so you could make repeated trips to rack up candy) or having a single alt character.

This is actually the most friendly/generous Halloween event in the series. No filling your entire inventory with eight different costumes to scare just the right villagers or any other weird hoops. I'm sorry you had a bad time with it, but you can always TT back and finish the event properly if you would like... or wait for a year to pass. I personally do not TT on my main file, too much hassle trying to keep everything straight.

Shan O 123
Post Posted: Nov 08, 2020 8:49 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Anonymous Fish wrote:

I’m sorry you didn’t have fun :( if you decide to time travel, I have extra candy you can have. I gotten more than necessary. And that’s still after splitting with my sister.

*i also have a extra Jack outfit you can have.

Anonymous Fish
Post Posted: Nov 09, 2020 6:19 am 
Anonymous Fish

Shan O 123 wrote:
Anonymous Fish wrote:

I’m sorry you didn’t have fun :( if you decide to time travel, I have extra candy you can have. I gotten more than necessary. And that’s still after splitting with my sister.

*i also have a extra Jack outfit you can have.

I forgot NH still allowed time traveling. But, no thanks, I’ll focus on November. The mushrooms are pretty interesting. I find acorns and pine cones hard to find, but mushrooms really everywhere. Now if only we could cook.

Panda Parfait
Post Posted: Nov 09, 2020 12:19 pm 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

I got Beau recently too! I wanted a sisterly, but I ran into him on an island and couldn't resist. He's adorable. There's a few villagers that I'd like to get rid of though, I've had a bunch of randoms move in because I didn't have enough miles to find villagers I want myself.

My island layout is pretty much set in stone, but I still have a loooot of work to do to get it looking presentable. I'm mostly done my entrance and first residential area, though. I'll probably change out some furniture/shrubs/flowers and the villagers' yards are definitely not finished, but overall I'm satisfied. Some screenshots:

Spoiler:
Entrance:

Residential Area #1:
Image Image Image
(Upstairs gardens will look less gross when I set up another area to breed flowers lol)

Shan O 123
Post Posted: Nov 09, 2020 12:40 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Oooooohhhhhh Panda Parfait that’s beautiful :3

I, on the other hand hand a lot of work to do if I’m going to replace everything

Panda Parfait
Post Posted: Nov 10, 2020 7:33 am 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Thank you <3 The rest of my island is a dump but at least I'm making some progress lol

Good luck with replacing everything! I did the same to get to my current layout, it's super expensive and time consuming but worth it in the end.

Kikki
Post Posted: Nov 17, 2020 4:42 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Well, I think I'm about ready to quit ACNH. However! The leaf and mushroom items are the ones I've most wanted all along, so I'm gonna hang in there until the 26th and make sure I get all the DIYs and enough leaves and mushies to make anything I want for my enchanted mushroom forest that'll be around my player house. I'm having better luck than some. Each day my first balloon has been a leaf/mush item...though then I don't get any more, lol. Though thanks, I think, to jones, I have a mush log DIY and a mush wand DIY already. :) I think I have 13 more DIYs to collect by the 26th.

Leaving the game open with me standing on the southern edge of the east coast of Windfall, waiting for balloons to blow by. I find that balloons never come on each 5 minute interval for me...they come one, every other interval, it seems...pretty much every time. So one every 10 minutes.

I wish the villagers were making these seasonal items in their houses, like they were the Halloween stuff. It'd be really helpful.

Well, after this, I don't think I'll play ACNH any more, except on events or after updates, and probably month or seasonal changes, to see what's new. Windfall looks pretty great and all (well, to MY taste, that is) but I just don't feel like there's anything left that I want to do. It'd be nice to finish getting the art, and I only have a couple critters left, but it's not like anything even happens when you finish donating everything. I've never been any good at continuing to play AC after I feel like I've done everything in the game. Wandering around doing the dailies has never been my thing.

EDIT: Ha ha...update. And this update is the one that will finally allow people to transfer their town to a new switch. Looks like a lotta qol stuff. Very nice stuff, but the inventory near-doubling is essential, thank goodness :)

Bluie
Post Posted: Nov 17, 2020 8:04 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

While the updates are nice, I can't be bothered to get on anymore. Kinda fell out of love for the game. I WILL look forward to seeing others who are still enjoying their experience show off the new content, because I'm already having a good gaff at people losing their minds over finally being able to SIT.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1306 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84 ... 88  Next