Ushi No Tane - Harvest Moon

The forum for Ushi No Tane, a Harvest Moon fansite

* Rules    * Login 

* Search  * Register
It is currently Jan 21, 2021 10:10 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1306 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85 ... 88  Next

How are you liking the game so far?
I love it! It’s everything I’ve dreamed of and more!!!
So far so good. Too early to tell.
It’s alright...but I was expecting more
It’s an Animal Crossing game...nothing more, nothing less
Don’t like it but I’ll play longer to see if that changes
Don’t like it, will be returning
You may select 1 option

View results
Mikodesu
Post Posted: Nov 17, 2020 9:40 am 
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

It speaks to how little we get in these games if being able to sit is some kind of revelation. /facepalm The additional storage is nice - I guess it means the devs are (in some way) listening, but how have they not heard all the screaming for actual quality of life improvements? Is it that difficult to change, or are they just flat out refusing to admit they're wrong?

I'm also curious what exactly the 'data transfer' thing means. Do you just not have to whine to a Nintendo customer service rep now? Because I already had to transfer my data off of a dying console, and that worked just fine.

Shan O 123
Post Posted: Nov 17, 2020 1:01 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Oh! I’m loving this! Yayyy more storage!

I’m redoing my whole island I’m definitely not done playing AC:NH :3

Kikki
Post Posted: Nov 17, 2020 1:09 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

It's unfortunate that you have to expand your house to maximum and then pay off all 2.5 million bells on that before you can have the opportunity to get those final 800 inventory slots. I have nooooo interest in paying off that loan. I don't think I'm gonna bother with the storage expansion for that reason. It's just not worth that many bells.

Unless I easily make a fortune in the Stalk Market, I'll end up forgoing the storage expansion. I never did try the Stalk Market. With the turnip trackers online, I could at least make sure I don't lose money on it. (I never have good luck with turnips, lol, and I consider them a nuisance with how much space they take up from the amount you need to buy to make a lot of money.)

I redid my whole island about two months ago, and the minute I was done, I got bored again, lol. Only the costume parties kept me playing for about a month, there.

Shan O 123
Post Posted: Nov 17, 2020 1:18 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

My house is completely paid off.

Kikki
Post Posted: Nov 17, 2020 1:19 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Mine isn't. Not a penny, as I never had any intention of paying any of the basement expansion loan. Well, I have 4 player houses in order to give me enough storage, so I don't actually need the expansion; they just didn't add it to the game in the way I would have preferred.

Arcy
Post Posted: Nov 17, 2020 10:02 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

I'm really, really looking forward to the update! It looks so nice. I have only really done Turnips enough to get the 10 million profit Nook Mile achievement/points/title, but I play every day and all the passive money making adds up... slowly (to the tune of around 20 million at the moment), so I'll probably be willing to pay off my Melody Alt's house now if that means I can get 1600 more storage spaces (between Arcy and Saielle). I wasn't expecting them to just put more Reactions up for sale either, that's great. And all the Animal Crossing level realistic hairstyles for BIPOC have me over the moon, so happy for my friends.

I've talked about storage updates while streaming the game from time to time and I've always couched it in terms of "the thing that would motivate me to pay off the basement", since that's how it was in ACNL as well. You have to pay the big bells to hold the big stuff (in my case fashion, :lol:).

Kikki
Post Posted: Nov 18, 2020 2:44 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

I can't believe how much I don't want to play, lol. Just today I was thinking I'd rather go load the dishwasher than boot up ACNH. :eek:

I did it, though, and my second balloon of the day was the Tree's Bounty Big Tree, so that's nice :) And tomorrow is the update (well, maybe tonight, actually?) I'm not all that into it, but it's nice that more seasonal clothing will be headed into the shop. For now I'm just letting the game run as I stand on the beach, looking up once in a while and, if it's 5 minutes after the whatever, I run up and down the beach once to see if a balloon is blowing by. Kinda...casual or idle balloon camping, I guess. I only ever tend to get one of the leaf/mush DIYs per day, though, it seems. But I've nabbed plenty of leaves while mostly just standing around, barely paying attention, so I guess it's going okay. I'd really like to get actual mushroom DIYs soon, though...the lamp, the stool, the partition, mainly.

I do have one more sea critter I oughta try to catch, mind you. Keep forgetting about it. I can't even remember which one it is...some kind of crab.

Shan O 123
Post Posted: Nov 18, 2020 2:57 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

When you’re busy clearing paths and other things, waiting for balloons isn’t a thing lol

Arcy
Post Posted: Nov 19, 2020 6:05 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

I think it is important to play all games (but especially Animal Crossing) in a way that makes you happy. If it isn't making you happy anymore, there's no shame in walking away.

I did finish the collection of all fall recipes from balloons on Tuesday night! I feel like I put a lot of pressure on myself to pop balloons in a "hardcore" mode when they are added, which allows me to play in a much more relaxed way between balloon recipe events.

I got a look at the new items added with this update, over 180 of them (of course a large part of that is customizations of the actual new models added) and I'm very happy with the update. I can't wait to play today! Still an hour left until anything is open at my island.

Kikki
Post Posted: Nov 19, 2020 6:23 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

I do actually really want the mush/leaf DIYs...that's why I'm forcing myself to keep going on each day. They're stuff I've wanted since they were first revealed, which was around when the game was first released, thanks to the southern hemisphere. I've kept the whole raised area around my house to be set up as a mushroom forest, and I'd have another day of fun, setting that up once I have and can build all the mush lamps and stools and things that I need. It's just that I've so entirely lost my will to play that it's painful to go camp for balloons each day; it feels like a lengthy, dull chore.

I'm really not fond of them using balloons as the only way to get seasonal recipes. If they were gonna do that, I'd want them to improve the rate...make the seasonal DIY cards the most likely thing to drop out of a balloon, particularly these ones that are specific to this piddly 10-day window. You'd still have to shoot down at least twenty of them, which would take several hours even if you were hardcore camping them, but it wouldn't feel so hopeless as when you shoot down 10 balloons and NONE of them are a DIY.

I could just give up and time travel willy-nilly while completely ignoring the villagers from now on, though. I'm the kind of player who feels like they have to keep things running well for as long as they play. Have to talk to every villager twice per day to keep their friendship up and etc. Gotta clean up all the ugly spare flowers that bloomed in places they aren't wanted. Gotta check and make sure the shops didn't get new stock, etc. I don't want to do any of that, but I feel like, if I'm playing, I've got to do that. I don't know why. I'm only allowed to stop maintaining the minimum if I quit entirely.

I really don't know why. I just really want all the mush/leaf DIYs so I've gotta keep trying until the 26th.

Shan O 123
Post Posted: Nov 19, 2020 11:17 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Nintendo actually blocked time traveling lol we can’t go to future events early I have mixed feelings about that but it’s what it is I guess.

Kikki
Post Posted: Nov 19, 2020 11:35 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

You can still time-travel BACK to any event, though, if you miss it for some reason, and you can still time-travel however you want in a general way...you just can't use it to gobble up events early. So I actually like it more than dislike it.

Anonymous Fish
Post Posted: Nov 20, 2020 5:21 pm 
Anonymous Fish

I’m lucky. My first islander was Flurry and my first campsite villager was Raymond. Now I have both in my town... Now, to make sure neither ever leave. Flurry left town in my New Leaf file.

Shan O 123
Post Posted: Nov 20, 2020 5:24 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Raymond was my first camper and he’s still here :3

Arcy
Post Posted: Nov 20, 2020 5:48 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Anonymous Fish wrote:
I’m lucky. My first islander was Flurry and my first campsite villager was Raymond. Now I have both in my town... Now, to make sure neither ever leave. Flurry left town in my New Leaf file.

Don't worry about it. Villagers in this game will NEVER leave without your approval.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1306 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85 ... 88  Next