* Rules    * Login 

* Search  * Register
It is currently Oct 23, 2020 7:59 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Shan O 123
Post Posted: Jul 12, 2020 1:44 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

I wanted to join one, but some of the fees people are setting up on the turnip exchange website are insane. So I thought what if we had one here, no fees and we all can relax with it.

Let’s help each other with cataloging items some of us doesn’t have.

Like I have almost every color of the race car bed but the blue one etc.

greensara
Post Posted: Jul 13, 2020 4:04 am 
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

I think that's a good idea Shan. Just to clarify, a cataloging party is when players get together and drop items so others can pick them up and have them in their own catalog to order for themselves if they want to, right? I wouldn't really know what to bring myself, and I'm not really looking for anything presently, but if I know I have something somebody else is looking for, I'm game to help out. I guess that's kind of what we're doing with trade thread here. I have heard that other sites have a lot more demanding players, so I'm thankful for the chill vibe here. I suppose we all enjoy chill farming games too, so that helps. :)

LeBurns
Post Posted: Jul 13, 2020 6:04 am 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

I have a question about the catalog actually.

What determines whether or not something shows up in the catalog, and/or is purchasable? I have seen and held items that show up, but I still can't buy. Some of these are even items that I've sold to the store.

I think (just from my observation) that items found daily (fossils) can't be bought, nor can items you can craft, but other items can? I'm just trying to nail down what I could be looking for or sharing in a catalog gathering.

Also am I assuming if they item is purchasable you just have to pick it up, then drop it, and then you can go back and buy it yourself on your island?

Thanks for putting up with the newbie questions.

Kikki
Post Posted: Jul 13, 2020 7:42 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

You can't buy any event items, or Gulliver/Gullivarr or Pascal items. Any special NPC, like Saharah or Redd...what they give or sell can't be ordered. You can't buy anything that must be crafted, and you can't buy things that must be foraged (including fossils).

You should be able to buy anything you bought in the regular store(s). Do you have an example of something you bought in Nooklings or Able Sisters that you couldn't reorder later? I've never run into that.

Shan O 123
Post Posted: Jul 13, 2020 9:47 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

greensara wrote:
I think that's a good idea Shan. Just to clarify, a cataloging party is when players get together and drop items so others can pick them up and have them in their own catalog to order for themselves if they want to, right? I wouldn't really know what to bring myself, and I'm not really looking for anything presently, but if I know I have something somebody else is looking for, I'm game to help out. I guess that's kind of what we're doing with trade thread here. I have heard that other sites have a lot more demanding players, so I'm thankful for the chill vibe here. I suppose we all enjoy chill farming games too, so that helps. :)

LeBurns wrote:
I have a question about the catalog actually.

What determines whether or not something shows up in the catalog, and/or is purchasable? I have seen and held items that show up, but I still can't buy. Some of these are even items that I've sold to the store.

I think (just from my observation) that items found daily (fossils) can't be bought, nor can items you can craft, but other items can? I'm just trying to nail down what I could be looking for or sharing in a catalog gathering.

Also am I assuming if they item is purchasable you just have to pick it up, then drop it, and then you can go back and buy it yourself on your island?

Thanks for putting up with the newbie questions.

Yeah a cataloging party is where you pick up a item and drop it back down. As mentioned, special items can’t be bought but things that you can buy you can reorder.

LeBurns
Post Posted: Jul 13, 2020 11:42 am 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Kikki wrote:
Do you have an example of something you bought in Nooklings or Able Sisters that you couldn't reorder later? I've never run into that.

No just things I sold to the store. Which is annoying really as it turns me into a hoarder. I would like to think that if I held the item, I could sell it and then just get it back whenever I want through the catalog for a cost. However the fact that I can't reorder certain items makes me want to hoard that item whether I think I'll ever use it or not, filling my storage up with things I'll never use. Thankfully it seems the house storage is unlimited.

Kikki
Post Posted: Jul 13, 2020 12:41 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Um...'fraid to say it is not unlimited. You'll see the number at the bottom left of your storage inventory screen but with your house at maximum size, it's 1600. I have a secondary player character in town and upgraded their house to have the upstairs (800 inventory) to have a place to dump stuff I know I don't want to use but want to keep just in case.

EDIT: Okay, so I dunno what people would want me to bring to a cataloguing party, but I have loads of different colours of every cute item (I don't have every colour of every item, but I have every item in at least one colour, sometimes in several.) I also have a lot of the rattan set (8 different items in different colours) and a lot of the antique set, mostly in 'brown'. (7 items...two of them are in black, iirc, the bureau and the phone). I only have 5 of the diner set.

I'm not sure what else anyone would want to catalogue. Maybe any of the really expensive stuff, like the fancy kimono stand. I have that available in two colours.