SunnySide: Open World Farming JRPG

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
Areli
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

It looks like the future of the Farming Sim will be fine, here's another one I just found out about:

Sunnyside's Official Discord: https://invite.gg/sunnyside

I like open world and it has modern aspects, the cell phone reminded me of the latest Persona games.
iLoveSprites75
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I saw this on Reddit. I don't know how I feel about the graphics; at some parts it looked really nice, others I wasn't so fond of it. But it does look interesting and with some unique features!
cinnamon_yuki
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I'll probably wait for more updates. I only saw a male protagonist and upon reading, there's not line that we could play as a female protagonist. It does look interesting though.
Kross lover/fan
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Looks really good imo. I might wait for more updates but I’ll keep my eye out on this one.

@cinnamon: it did say that they want to represent lgbtq to include everyone and ‘place yourself i the game’ <-paraphrased a little bit it seems like there will be a female protagonist if there isn’t one already.
Blue Rose
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Mixed feelings, but overall it looks good and has strong potential.

Pros:
-character models look good
-general mechanics look promising
-environment seems good on the trailer and weather system has promise

Cons:
-animal and crop models are...odd. They're really...cubicle and maybe it's intentional but the character models looked much different and less minecraft-y. And personally, I find the animal designs a little too similar to SoS/Bokumono's. Maybe there really isn't much variation with cute chibi livestock but still.

Unsure:

-I like that it seems to be LGBT+ friendly but one of the character bios has me concerned/confused. Amanda's bio seems to be hinting at the girl is either lesbian or bisexual (assuming they mean "sexual orientation"). If she's lesbian, that would mean that there are individual sexual orientations for the romance candidates, which depending on how big or small the cast is and how deep the socialization goes; it might ruffle some feathers.

When it comes to most "average" romance in social sim aspect of games, the "bi for all" approach is usually much better received and safer overall for player satisfaction. It's not realistic, but unless you're really going in depth on characters and fleshing them out it's just gonna feel like unnecessary restrictions for players. Especially with alternatives like SDV, SoS, and other farming sim titles already going the "everyone is available" approach.

But if everyone is available for either gender in game and this girl is still having her sexual orientation being her main "character arc/dilemma" focus or her big thing about her, it's probably gonna look silly if nearly half the town is in the same proverbial boat but she still feels like everyone else is too old fashioned or something. Idk.

-Open Worlds. This is a mostly personal opinion, but I am very worn out of open world games atm. And with farming sim games having an otherwise small-scale appeal, I've got mixed feelings on this. With fantasy and combat it can definitely make things more dynamic, but Im still cautious about it.

~~

Overall, Im definitely interested but will have to hear/see more. Definitely wish them the best of luck tho!
cinnamon_yuki
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Kross lover/fan wrote:Looks really good imo. I might wait for more updates but I’ll keep my eye out on this one.

@cinnamon: it did say that they want to represent lgbtq to include everyone and ‘place yourself i the game’ <-paraphrased a little bit it seems like there will be a female protagonist if there isn’t one already.
I suppose the female model is not yet ready. I hope for it's success though.
Areli
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

In my case I saw it on Discord.

And yes, I agree to see how it continues to evolve. The graphic style is low poly or a mix to be honest.

In my case I like exploration and socialization, so I found it interesting xD

Let's see how it goes!
greensara
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

I like the look and mechanics of it from what I've seen, but I'd have to see more to give a solid opinion. The animals do seem a little out of place being so cutesy, but that's not new. The concept kind of reminds me of Portia, but with actual farming, which if that's the case would be a big improvement and something I would be very interested in playing. Definitely keeping an eye on this one to see how it comes along.
Areli
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

They reached the goal of the kickstarter and in another matter, I think that it will require a powerful computer, on twitch they presented the game environment:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/875129634

The snow part is interesting and the sky too.