FE3H update 2 - Spoilers

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
LeBurns
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Well, I finally finished the church route. It only took 167 hours, and that's on a '+' game so I didn't have to waste much time fishing (other than when needed for a quest). I did recruit everyone though, except those I couldn't.

First off I'll say I wasn't thrilled with the church ending and so far it's my least favorite. The whole idea of having to fight Rhea after saving her just didn't sit well. The overall ending was okay, but I still prefer Blue Lions.

Why did I do the church route? Well I wasn't going to. I actually got to the point where I could choose and I just couldn't do it. Trying to forget what I personally know about the story, and choosing based on what my character knows (playing a female this time) there is just no way I'd choose to help Edelgard. I just can't. It just goes against all logic. There are a few hints here or there where Edelgard says some things that kind of make is sound like she's not in agreement with all the terrible things that have happened (like your father being murdered, etc.) but at the same time it's more likely to believe she's just been lying the whole time to cover for what she's been doing. The betrayal at this point is clear enough to prove she would be doing that. I think the game designers really needed to give us more incentive here to make this choice ... other than I just want to see the other ending.

But the idea that Edelgard would join forces with those that killed her siblings and experimented on her (and all the other stuff they did to her) and then blame the church for everything ... is a stretch. Sure she blames the crests, and the church (she believes) is somehow responsible for the crests. But to join forces with those that basically mutilated her ... to get back at the church for something that's been going on for a thousand years ... ugh. Plus when she gives her big speech after claiming the crown and declaring war, she lists these terrible things the church has done ... but there is NO evidence that our character has seen that the church has done any of these things. In fact in general the church has always been fairly generous to the poor and downtrodden so where did she get this information? I mean if she has to tell lies to rally her people, then just maybe, maybe she's one of the baddies.

Odd though that each of the routes basically have an ending that Edelgard would have wanted. So in all routes Edelgard basically wins ... she just dies in three of the four endings. Which just points again that there may have been a peaceful way of resolving the issues she has.

So now I'm 358 hours into this game, completed three routes and starting number four. I'm playing male again, and I think I'm just going to have to go with my character just being madly in love with Edelgard ... and therefore just does stupid things.

But, also this time I want to recruit as few students as possible so I can meet them in battle in chapter two. So who do I pick. I need at least eleven total as some battles let me choose that many. So I have all the Black Eagle house (8), and who else? I'm thinking Lysithea as she's just a beast late game. I train her into a Mortal Savant and give her a Levin+ sword. Not sure who else to add. Would like a flyer so maybe Ingrid? Need some help filling out the rest of the squad.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Students/Characters who make sense to recruit in Crimson Flower (due to supports, circumstances, and general disposition) are Lysithea (Her support with Edelgard is very, very good), Lorenz (his family matters have him join her side in the church route), and Shamir (mercenary for hire more than she is a knight). You will also get a new unit after the time skip who was added with a free update;
Spoiler:
It's Jeritza / The Death Knight. You may want to consider adding Mercedes to you ranks for their support if that's your thing.
I'd also personally say Leonie is an interesting choice just for her dialog throughout the route. She's honestly my least favorite playable character, but I really enjoyed how she behaved and was portrayed in Crimson Flower. That's my two cents on who i'd be picking up if I were doing an 'only essentials' Crimson Flower route.

P.S. - ShamirXHubert is my favorite power couple in the game and LysitheaXLinhardt is my favorite pairing in the game. Crimson Flower has a lot of great shipping potential that I liked a lot more than other routes.
LeBurns
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Thanks for the note about Mercedes. I would like to see those supports as all I've done is hear random dialog in the other routes.

Others sound good as well. Thanks!