The forum for Ushi No Tane, a Harvest Moon fansite

* Rules    * Login 

* Search  * Register
It is currently Jan 21, 2021 10:33 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Canby
Post Posted: Oct 08, 2020 10:54 am 

Hey folks!

I'm Canby, brand new to the board. Stopping through to let you know about a new farming sim game I'm writing for - Sun Haven. The Kickstarter is currently live and we're 60% funded, but we're really pushing for the stretch goals so we can include our Elven Town Nel'Vari. Anyway, I'd appreciate if you read my spiel and checked out the Kickstarter page! If you have questions you can ask me here or head to our discord and ask there! Spiel and links below.

Spiel:
Sun Haven is a multiplayer farm sim and fantasy RPG. While you farm, mine, fish, craft, smith, and cook, you can also engage in an enchanting main quest where you discover your magical ability to grant wishes. On your journey, you have opportunities to settle conflicts peacefully or engage in some platformer-inspired combat if you wish. In all the action though, don't forget to tend your farm and nurture those relationships--use your wish-granting power to improve the town and increase your relationships with the neighbors. And why not take some time to get to know your townsfolk? There are 16 romanceable characters to choose from between two different worlds: the human town Sun Haven and monster town Withergate.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sunhaven/sunhaven/
http://discord.gg/BqTCygE

Thanks for taking a look! You're very much appreciated :)

- Michael, Sun Haven Writer

Canby
Post Posted: Oct 08, 2020 10:56 am 

Oh and if anyone has suggestions or feedback for how to make the game better, please let us know! We're definitely open to fan suggestions. We just want to make a game that's fun for people.

Kikki
Post Posted: Oct 08, 2020 11:44 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

The game will be for PC...are you intending to distribute it via Steam, or in some other way?

The colour palette is gorgeous, and the romance sounds like it'll have some substance to it, which is always a big plus, and rarely encountered. Fulfilling wishes sounds like an interesting focus, and it's nice that you've got the mundane and the magical blended together in this world. I really do love being able to grow both plain old turnips and cotton candy bushes. :) (Not that those are listed as actual crops, but you all know what I mean! Well...unless you don't, lol.)

The candidates look like they come in a good variety, too. Glad your Kickstarter is going well; I hope it proceeds well enough to get you through all your stretch goals!

Areli
Post Posted: Oct 08, 2020 3:24 pm 
New Seedling
New Seedling

Thanks for the info, I'm glad to see that farming sim games continue to appear, good luck with the kickstarter and the game!

Canby
Post Posted: Oct 08, 2020 3:55 pm 

The game will be out on Steam and we are intending to release it on Switch as well, but that may be delayed if technical issues arise. We're doing our best to make sure it's a simultaneous release though.

And I'm excited about the crops too! One crop will have jumping seeds that grow up into a toothy-looking plant that will actually snap at the player as they pass. Others will attract animals to your farm and stuff like that. We're just trying to make everything fun.

Thanks Kiki and Areli!

Kikki
Post Posted: Oct 18, 2020 12:56 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Looks like your Kickstarter is doing well! Almost fully funded already. :)

Ronin19
Post Posted: Oct 18, 2020 3:39 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

I have to say that I just found this topic (thanks KiKi for bumping it up) and my sister and I can't wait for this to come out. Looking forward to it.

Kikki
Post Posted: Oct 18, 2020 4:00 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

No problem, Ronin; saw the link get posted into the 'all farming games' master thread today, and that thread doesn't get checked super often, I don't think (it's easy to miss the stickied posts) so figured it might as well go into its own dedicated thread, now that we can see how well it's doing.

Cat'thullu
Post Posted: Oct 19, 2020 11:07 am 
Anonymous Fish

Game is fully funded! According to the devs discord you can romance any gender and pc will have controller support! So hyped for this game!

Kross lover/fan
Post Posted: Oct 19, 2020 11:45 am 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

At first I was just going to watch this but I broke down and pledged XD this game looks amazing.
Don’t know what I’m going to do with the extra copy yet but I really wanted a virtual dragon ROFL

seachel
Post Posted: Oct 25, 2020 4:54 am 
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Wow that looks really good. Has a Maple Story x Harvest Moon vibe. Will pick it up when it comes to Switch for sure.

Canby
Post Posted: Oct 29, 2020 12:31 pm 

Our campaign ended last night at a whopping $85k!! We've raised enough to hire a new artist and make the Elven world so y'all can look forward to Elves in Sun Haven - two of which are romanceable btw. Just wanted to post a follow-up and say thanks to you guys for your support! Especially to anyone who backed financially or boosted our visibility, that was extremely helpful. Also, please join in on our Discord! We've got a super wholesome community - which BLEW UP last night - and I'd love to see you all in the community since you seem like swell folk.
(sorry if it's sketch to talk about our Discord in this forum, hope that doesn't break any rules!)

Thanks again, everyone!

Kikki
Post Posted: Oct 29, 2020 12:44 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

It's fine to talk about your Discord :) Glad your Kickstarter went well and that you can add...Nel'vari, was it? (I'm writing that from memory, so it is probably totally wrong.) And particularly two additional candidates!

Areli
Post Posted: Oct 29, 2020 5:42 pm 
New Seedling
New Seedling

Congratulations on the kickstarter and all the achievements, a new artist will surely be of great help.