* Search  * Register
It is currently Jan 21, 2021 10:07 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Harvest Moon kawaii
Post Posted: Oct 14, 2020 10:28 am 
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

I haven't seen a post on this yet.

Today, I went and got a brand new copy of Snack World: The Dungeon Crawl Gold. It was even further on sale physically for just $27 new. I was really lucky to get one, because it's $50 digitally. I made sure to get one, since they say Level-5 may be halting their North American operations.

Last year, Yo-kai Watch 4 was confirmed to be on the track to localization but they've laid so many people off since last Fall that their barely running, only consisting of a "skeleton crew." I'm really hoping to support them further, in some way. I don't want all their future/current games to be Japan-only.

I would really like for Yo-kai Watch 4+ (Switch), the remake of Yo-kai Watch 1 (Switch), and the recent Yo-kai Watch Jam: Yo-kai Academy Y – Waiwai Gakuen Seikatsu (Switch) spin-off to all be released in the West.

So, if anybody could further support Level-5's North American branch in some way, that would be great.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Level-5_(company)

Quote:
In October 2020 it was reported that the company's North American operations, including its subsidiary Level-5 Abby, had been shut down.

I'm not 100% sure if the North American division has been shut down or not.

https://www.siliconera.com/developer-le ... h-closing/

Discussion? Thoughts? The idea of them shutting down makes me really sad since I loved the Yo-kai Watch series. :(

As for their other games, I really enjoyed the Phoenix Wright and Profesor Layton crossover game on the 3DS, and I still need to play Ni no Kuni and Snack World: The Dungeon Crawl Gold.

Areli
Post Posted: Oct 14, 2020 4:00 pm 
New Seedling
New Seedling

Maybe now they will use a third party or so I hope, I also like their games.

Pachi
Post Posted: Oct 14, 2020 4:56 pm 
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Areli wrote:
Maybe now they will use a third party or so I hope, I also like their games.

Same here, I love the Layton games :(

Anonymous Fish
Post Posted: Oct 20, 2020 2:36 pm 
Anonymous Fish

My Yokai Watch loving heart is aching at this news. Fans are freaking out, but hopefully Yw4 still gets a localization.