* Search  * Register
It is currently Jan 23, 2021 3:13 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Bluie
Post Posted: Oct 22, 2020 12:02 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Spoiler:

Today is the day the second and last part of the Pokemon Sword and Shield expansion releases. There was a thread for Isle of Armor's release, so I thought it fine to make one for The Crown Tundra as well. The game hasn't dropped yet as of this post, but expect it before the day is over (unless you're in Europe).

My personal thoughts are pretty neutral atm as Isle of Armor was just OK, but here's hoping this one is better and longer.

Ronin19
Post Posted: Oct 22, 2020 3:57 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

I'm hoping this one is better than Isle of Armor as well. It was okay, but I wanted more. I'm thinking, and along with others, that when Pokemon Home is done updating we'll get the expansion, which is a little ludicrous.

Code_Name_Geek
Post Posted: Oct 23, 2020 5:25 am 
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

I started this last night with my siblings and I’m liking it a lot so far! I also liked the Isle of Armor, but this one is a bit more to my taste. Some of my favourite Pokémon are back too! (More spoiler-y impressions below.)

Spoiler:
The whole “restoring the townspeople’s faith in the legendary Harvest King Pokemon to make the land fertile again” is giving me huge BokuMono vibes lol. I also think Peony is a hilarious character and have been enjoying him a lot. And the whole legendary hunting thing in general is reminding me of older games in the series in a good way. Plus I love snowy terrain and the new areas are cool so far, if a bit less varied than the Isle of Armor.

Ronin19
Post Posted: Oct 23, 2020 10:52 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

I finished it around midnight last night. Definitely better than Isle of Armor and I liked the story behind it. With how it ended, I'm thinking we might get Sword and Shield 2. Speculation and spoilers follow.

Spoiler:
So I have Shield and when I went to the new doubles tournament, Avery announced he's the new Psychic gym leader. I'm assuming Klara's gonna announce in Sword that she's the new Poison gym leader. I remember that the other gym types do exist in Galar, but are in the minor division. It wouldn't be a stretch to say a sequel would focus on the other gyms.

We are missing Normal, Flying, Poison, Ground, Bug, Steel, Electric, and Psychic gyms. I suspect they'll keep Fairy and Dark so Bede and Marnie can be the new gym leaders and the Poison and Psychic gyms will be exclusive since Klara and Avery are exclusive as well.

Now I also doubt they want to dive right into 9th gen with 8th only being close to a year old at this point, so with how much build up a sequel could be, Game Freak's next game is either a Sinnoh remake or a Sword and Shield sequel.

Harvest Moon kawaii
Post Posted: Oct 23, 2020 11:32 am 
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Initial impressions:

I'm still at the very beginning of the story of the Crown Tundra, right after going on a Dynamax Adventure for the "first" time. I'm surprised that the Crown Tundra is already harder than The Isle of Amor, or even the main game. :o But, I'm okay with a challenge.

Spoiler:
Possible spoilers:

I beat Suicuine with the help of online players (2nd try), but didn't catch and keep it because I wanted the Swampert more. Also, I'm surprised there's a new shiny hunting method, apparently, as well. I'm guessing (as I haven't tried it myself) it has something to do with going on Dynamax Adventures?

Also, new Pokemon!! Yaay!!

Bluie
Post Posted: Oct 24, 2020 12:53 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

So far, from what I've played, it's a nice addition. I'm not really huge into making catching legendaries the main focal point (because the catching RNG legendaries is such a « Puppy Doodoo » shoot EVEN if you do everything right to up the catch rate %), but I am enjoying it regardless. Got distracted with some other stuff, so I haven't finished it yet, but i'll get there eventually.

I love Regieleki tho, it's such a great design in motion.

Ronin19
Post Posted: Oct 26, 2020 10:29 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

When I finished it I wanted to experience it again, so I started over and am playing through the game again.