Mass Effect Legendary Edition - Spring 2021

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

BioWare officially announced Mass Effect Legendary Edition, an enhanced game of the original trilogy from BioWare. It's due Spring 2021. I am excited for this!
Panda Parfait
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I'm waiting to see how much is actually enhanced before I get excited. I own the games on PC and we already have mods to make them prettier, so it will probably have to be a pretty substantial upgrade for me to be on board. Great news for people who played the games on console, though!
rachellion
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Very excited for this! I played the original Mass Effect ages ago and trying to get Origin to transfer the game details correctly to ME 2 was a NIGHTMARE. I never really played the rest of the trilogy because I had so much trouble porting my save. Would happily replay this in a year so I can play all at once on a console instead of PC. Sweeeet!
cinnamon_yuki
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I'm so glad they officially announced it already. I haven't played the original ME trilogy and I had fun with MEA so I'm looking forward to it! Time to save up some money. I have SoS PooT on March so the wait will be bearable.
LeBurns
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Glad to see it, especially if they can rework the features of ME1 to be more like the other two. But having them all better tied together so you can play it like just one long game, and the choices mapping over to the next game without some of the glitches, and the character as designed in ME1 mapping over cleanly to the next game, etc. A lot of things I'd like to see improved in those areas and hopefully this will do it. Do hope they can do something about that ME3 ending though, it could just be better in so many ways, but I doubt they'll do a full rewrite of that. And PLEASE include all the DLC, Extra's, and even some new stuff (features, modes, etc.) into the new release. If I have to buy this, and still pay extra for the DLC, it's a no sale for me.

Their announcement of a new ME game though, not so thrilled about. Honestly I think BioWare is done. Lately they just haven't been up to par to say the least IMO. I do blame Mike Laidlaw for most of this, and since he is gone I am more curious as to how well this game will be developed.
Panda Parfait
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Mike Laidlaw had nothing to do with Bioware being poorly managed and he also had nothing to do with anything that happened to Mass Effect, since his only involvement in the series was as a writer in the first game. Bit of a weird person to start blaming for Bioware's problems, especially given that he hasn't worked there in years and their biggest disaster came after his departure. That said, I am excited at the idea of a new Mass Effect but worried as well. I trust the talent at Bioware, but I don't know if I trust Bioware as a whole anymore. I hope Anthem has taught them a hard lesson about believing "Bioware magic" will get them through anything.

Anyway, I don't think they'll be making any big sweeping changes to the trilogy, but there are rumors (from the same people who leaked that this remaster was happening months ago) that Mass Effect 1 will be updated to play more like 2/3. Time will tell if they're true. I sure hope so, since I don't particularly enjoy the combat in ME1.

I hope you guys who will be playing for the first time enjoy it!!
Blue Rose
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

From what I can see Mike Laidlaw had been exclusively DA oriented too so...???

Anyway, biggest reason MEA got borked in a lot of departments because a lot of management prioritized Anthem's development, and MEA got left behind. Last I heard Casey Hudson is leading the helm on things (possibly Bioware as a whole??? Memory is fuzzy) + a lot of the old creators are on the new team so theoretically it should be fine.

TBH I hope they dont ignore Andromeda in its entirety tho. It had some cool concepts that just needed some fine tuning.
runefactor
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I won't have anything to play this on, but I'm happy that more people will have a chance to play and replay this master piece of a series that's so dear to my heart. Just seeing my baby Miranda being used as one of the poster characters warmed my heart. ^.^
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I'm pretty excited to be getting this when it comes out. I hope they include cut content because I feel like that would make this a worthwhile double dip.