Good Life release date and info?

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
Briarwyn
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

When will The Good Life be released for Nintendo Switch, in North America?

Is this a game that lets the player choose the protagonist's gender, and the choice of becoming a dog or a cat, or both forms?
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

There is no release date that I know of. The only window I can find is Q2 2021. So probably around mid-year? But we don't have a date. Steam says 'Summer 2021', so it could be Q3.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

The game was pushed to summer 2021 due to SWERY wanting to further improve the game. This includes English VA, proofreading by a native English speaker, and adding more languages. It's planned to release on PC, XONE, PS4, and Switch.

You're locked to the main character who's a female named Naomi, but you're right on the cat/dog mechanic. From what I can remember, you'll have access to the cat first, then the dog, and then both of them.
Briarwyn
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Would the game devs advertise the game, when it's ready to be released to retail?
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

They might, but I'd only expect Youtube Ads. If you want to keep tabs on the game, bookmark it's Kickstarter page.

The update tab is the currently up to date news on the game and it will get posted there first rather than gaming news sites.
Briarwyn
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

I'm still waiting for this game to be released soon. Is it still planned to be made for the switch? I ask because the kickstarter link only shows that it's being planned for other consoles.

I like how TGL seems girl/woman friendly because of the locked gender of the game's protagonist, but I have no idea if guys would want to play this game too.

Is TGL ready for playing, or is it still being developed?
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Still in development, check the update tag. The Switch version is still happening, there's no reason it wouldn't be.

Here's a little advice from a Kickstarter backer veteran; the game will be done when it's done. I have waited close to a decade for some games I kickstarted despite their initial goal to have it out in a year or so after the funding. I understand you're anticipating this game and that you can't wait to play it, but it'll honestly be better for you to put it to the back of your mind and focus on something else.
Briarwyn
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Exactly how are kickstarter games played? Is it another character movement programed to use the WASD keys by game devs? Or are they mouse-controlled point and click games.

Also, does the player have to be a registered member? And are there payment fees to play those games?
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

No games are played via Kickstarter. Kickstarter is only a fund-raiser. The game gets developed to the point of an alpha or beta stage, usually, and then is released...most often onto Steam...for early play and feedback to a (usually) closed group of players.
Briarwyn
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Horray Horray, The Good Life is being released to Nintendo Switch, and I've already bout the pre-ordered game download.

I'm waiting for it to arrive.