Backlog 2021

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
greensara
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

I've been having a ton of fun with Aground lately. When I first started it I totally felt like it was exactly what I was hoping Stranded Sails was going to be like. Now that I have progressed decently further in the story, I think it really is a well done indie in it's own right. I love how much there is to make, explore, and accomplish. :)

After getting stuck in Balan Wonderworld (I may need to look for a guide to locate more of the trophies to progress) I'm kind of in the mood for an "exploring" game. I tried messing around in DQ11 as I really need to grind and level up anyway it seems to progress further in Octogonia, but I am not feeling the RPG grind vibe right now. So I popped in Breath of the Wild, but evidently it's been longer than I thought as I am not used to the controls anymore, especially regarding riding a horse! What's up with that? I never had an issue with them, especially Epona, going wherever they want, like the river, instead of straight ahead. I wonder if it's a better idea to start over, since I pretty much did everything except all the Koroks, which I don't plan to. That way I can get familiar with it all again?
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Played some more NieR and Pokemon Snap. I figured out that I won't be getting the 100% quests done trophy once I encountered the quest that requires me to use the gardening mechanic and cross breed flowers for a CHANCE at getting a specifically colored flower. Yes, I can cheese it, but I don't want to waste my time on it. I'll end up doing the quests that have the weapons as rewards (because you need them for an ending) and probably just not do any more. In the story side of things, the darn game almost made me cry twice. Emil really is the precious boy and I have big protecc emotions towards him now. I really want a few days to just buckle down and finish the game, because I know I could do it if I had the chance, but it's not likely at the moment.

With Pokemon Snap, I think I'm going to aim to finish its storyline tomorrow. There are SO MANY requests that is a great post game activity, but with the list of games I'm working on, I want to 'finish' the titles I have and move on. When I have free time or the urge to play again, then I will, but clearing my backlog is priority.

I really miss playing Final Fantasy XIV though. I've told myself that it's not something I'm going back into until I get at least a few titles polished off. It'll be there when I can go back to it, but I do miss doing my weekies/dailies and messing around with friends/randos. I have slightly messed around with Genshin, but the current events and features aren't super my cup of tea. I'll get back into it once there's significant story progress (ie: the next area on the map).

I also wanna write more??? Got a fanfic that I wanna get out of my head + work on OC stuff, but just no tiiiiiime! I'm wondering if I should just freeze some of the less important games on my backlog until further notice so I don't have to worry about them until I feel up to it. I might, honestly. I know I'm always dropping games like hot potatoes or quietly putting titles away I had on my backlog previously, but I think it might help my focus / stress me out less. I probably will.

EDIT: Just finished the story in New Pokemon Snap, really didn't have too much left honestly. I had a lot of fun with it, got lots of great shots. It'll be fun to go back to one day.
Simply Unknown
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Bluie wrote: With Pokemon Snap, I think I'm going to aim to finish its storyline tomorrow. There are SO MANY requests that is a great post game activity, but with the list of games I'm working on, I want to 'finish' the titles I have and move on. When I have free time or the urge to play again, then I will, but clearing my backlog is priority.
Bluie, you and I are complete opposites with Pokemon Snap because I have just unlocked two new areas and I refuse to move on until I complete most if not all of the requests. I like checking them off and getting some really cool photos as a result. Like, I got an adorable one of Pidgeot bowing and wriggling at me and Scorbunny having a giggle fit and a Magikarp being carried away to be eaten...

Okay, maybe that last one is a little dark, but it's still a really cool picture! I can't imagine continuing the story right now because I just want to fill out my photodex for the Pokemon I've already seen! That, and most video games have trained me to want to complete side-quests asap as they don't always stick around while I know the main plot always will. Priorities!
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Having fun with SoS, waiting impatiently for Kamil to arrive, but don't have anything new to say. Got a question, though...

Pokemon Snap pictures. They don't all go to your Switch album, do they?? Because that would take up a lot of space, if they did. But if they don't, and you WANT to save one to your Switch...can you? I mean, can you guys show your favourite shots off on Fogu or Twitter or wherever, or are they in-game only?
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Simply Unknown wrote:
Bluie wrote: With Pokemon Snap, I think I'm going to aim to finish its storyline tomorrow. There are SO MANY requests that is a great post game activity, but with the list of games I'm working on, I want to 'finish' the titles I have and move on. When I have free time or the urge to play again, then I will, but clearing my backlog is priority.
Bluie, you and I are complete opposites with Pokemon Snap because I have just unlocked two new areas and I refuse to move on until I complete most if not all of the requests. I like checking them off and getting some really cool photos as a result. Like, I got an adorable one of Pidgeot bowing and wriggling at me and Scorbunny having a giggle fit and a Magikarp being carried away to be eaten...

Okay, maybe that last one is a little dark, but it's still a really cool picture! I can't imagine continuing the story right now because I just want to fill out my photodex for the Pokemon I've already seen! That, and most video games have trained me to want to complete side-quests asap as they don't always stick around while I know the main plot always will. Priorities!
I did do this for the first few levels, but then the requests just kept flooding in and it got a little overwhelming. It's great for those who want the game to last as long as possible as it gives them a ton of content. If Pokemon Snap was my only game atm, then I'd be working on it still, but yeah. Glad you're having a ball though!
Kikki wrote:Having fun with SoS, waiting impatiently for Kamil to arrive, but don't have anything new to say. Got a question, though...

Pokemon Snap pictures. They don't all go to your Switch album, do they?? Because that would take up a lot of space, if they did. But if they don't, and you WANT to save one to your Switch...can you? I mean, can you guys show your favourite shots off on Fogu or Twitter or wherever, or are they in-game only?
You have to go into the in-game album that has only pictures you've personally saved from your trips and then select which ones you want copied to you console. Here's a collection of my favorite shots:

Spoiler:
Harvest Moon kawaii
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Currently playing:

Raging Loop (Switch) (65+ hours in)
New Pokemon Snap (Switch)

Up next:

Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney Trilogy (Switch) ((Currently on the first game out of the three included))

So, five more hours into Raging Loop (for a grand total of 65+ hours) and I hope I'm getting closer to the end now. :lol: I said that last time, but man the game lasts like twice it's actual length if you let the character say every line out loud. :o (It's supposed to be like actually 30-40 hours long or something.)

Was able to play an hour or so of New Pokemon Snap while on my trip. It's really fun. :) I like it, just haven't played it since I got home.

Still planning on playing Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney Trilogy on the Switch next in anticipation for The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles this July.

Also, getting both of The Famicom Detective Club entries (The Missing Heir and The Girl Who Stands Behind) pre-ordered hopefully before May 14th. Got The Missing Heir pre-ordered, just waiting for payment to go through on May 7th. I've had it pre-ordered since late March. I wish there was an option to pay for it immediately (really early pre-orders) so I don't have to basically not buy games for 2 whole months. :o
Daikon boy
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Restarted pokemon mystery dungeon gates to infinity. I had 20 hours put into the game, but it's been years and I got stuck. I don't normally restart games but in this case it will actually be better I think. I haven't been playing my ps4 games lately as there was a thunderstorm a bit ago and supposedly we're getting another one this weekend. Debating over whether it's even worth it to plug it in when I'm just going to have to unplug it again soon.

I did make more progress in zwei. (Also ys but that was a few days ago.) I've played about ten hours of zwei now, and went through a very annoying dungeon. I have a lot of stuff with the dungeons I need to do now. I think I'm on maybe the fourth dungeon?? I also need to save up some money to buy some stuff, preferably level up, may need to spend some time collecting food at some point, and do more with the colosseum.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Tfw I played NieR for 6 hours yesterday and it was mostly sidequests and one story boss. Weiss quest list says I'm at 86% completion, which is great, because when I have to play part 2 again several times to get the other endings, I want to basically yeet myself through everything with little to no distractions. I would have played more if the new wave of quests didn't ask for 10 rare ores I already spent on ANOTHER quest earlier in the day. It takes 2-3 dungeon runs to get that ore and I just- *grumbleeee*. Ended up shutting the game down and leaving that for another day. I do need to boot the game up after work (where I am atm) because even though I said I wasn't gonna do the quest involving garden mutations, I planted the damn seeds anyways and I'll see if I got any mutations. If there's none, then I am truly not going to waste any more time on it. I also fully upgraded my weapon of choice(Cruel Oath - I love that 9S' weapon in this game), so that took a decent chunk of time too.

Depending on next week, I might be able to finish NieR. I want to go back to FFXIV for a small bit, and then I'm going to start Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I had the time and the inclination to play today, but my spine is acting up so much that I can't sit in a chair for more than fifteen minutes before I've got to return to bed, to lie very precisely on my side, with a firm pillow keeping my head at the right height comparative to my shoulder, a rolled-up towel under my waist, and a contour pillow between my legs right above the knee...no higher and no lower.

It's a bit funny. Feels kind of like a joke when I'm lying there, fixed in place with blocks of high-density foam and carefully rolled and flattened fabric. I don't think I'm going to cook tonight. It's pizza for us, this evening!

That sounds quite bad and it does feel pretty darn bad, but honestly knowing that there IS a position I can be in is relief enough for today. I'll go to the chiro for a surprise visit tomorrow and see if I can get an improvement that way. But anyway it means I didn't play much. Okay, I didn't play at ALL today. But maybe I'll try playing the 3DS while lying on my side. Not sure if that's doable, but no harm trying! Hopefully.

I really want to buy Buried Stars. The English translation looks just the smallest bit sketchy, but not enough to hamper my understanding of the story, and it seems quite interesting. It even has some pretty great reviews, and I'm not familiar with the company, which is a bonus, since it means I will probably not find the story predictable. However, it's pretty expensive for some unknown-company's VN, and it never seems to go on sale. If it does, I'm gonna snatch it, but until then, I guess I'm waiting. Though a VN would have been really nice today since it doesn't require much more than the occasional button press to advance the text.
Daikon boy
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Turns out there was a thunderstorm today so. Looks like I'm not playing cold steel anytime soon.

I played some more Zwei again for awhile. It seems like I might be at the end of the game? If it is it looks like there's a decent amount of post game stuff (which I would do at least a good portion of some of it) but man, it feels way too soon for this game to be ending. I guess we'll see how it goes.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Played an hour of Xenoblade DE today. I wanted to unlock more of the armour sets for appearance changes, and I did...about half a dozen more options for everyone...but getting the rest woudl be SO tedious, because so much of it can only be gotten through the...I don't remember what it's called, but Timed Trials and attack trials and so on. The boring battle challenges. I like Xenoblade's combat, but not for its own sake.

I had saved the game half an hour before the end, and all the quests were already done, so all I'd have to do is do the final battle over again (easy, since I'm very high-level...a good ten or twelve levels higher than the final boss) so I could do an NG+ any time I wanted. I'm just puttering away at the combat stuff to get some rare collectibles (to complete Colony 6 without having to grind for black liver beans, red frontier or rainbow slugs! It'd be fun to complete Colony 6 as early on as possible.) But I'm already bored with battle challenges. I wish they'd make this stuff more interesting, so that it's not only good for the combat nuts.

I could also go around and scrounge up extra battle arts books. I have some stuff maxed out, but not everything. I should also grind out some extra Affinity Coins by tracking down all the Unique Monsters. I can do all of this idly. I've already complete this game at least 4 times, so it's not like there's anything to hurry for.

~

All 5 regular vendors are in Oak Tree Town, now, though Rose Country hasn't actually visited yet...I just need to grab the basic set of recipes from them and then I'll have Raeger's gift recipe option unlocked so I can start binging food at the restaurant. I'm playing pretty sporadically; I wish Kamil didn't take so darned long to show up. I have to go look up his favourite dish again...I should make sure I have a stock of them on hand by the time he arrives. Though almost any tea recipe will be good enough if I can't easily nab recipe set #3.
Riesenraddieb
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Besides Genshin - which I only play about an hour, doing the daily stuff and thats it - New Pokemon Snap sparks a crazy idea within in me and I can't stop myself! XD

Until Monster Hunter Stories 2 (I'm so hyped for the game, good they left the combat as it was!) I'm going to revisit every region in the Pokemon games - except for Sinnoh because of the remakes later this year!
Currently playing Sword and I'm just about the tackle the 7th arena. The games feels short? I started thuesday I think and I usually played for 3h a day. *shurgs* At least I didn't fall back into my 'I must beat that game with just Bug-Pokemon!' Yes I did this with Shield and it was great. I love my Bugs, they are cute and strong <3 Was a really great feeling becoming the champion of Galar with six Bugs. Maybe I should try this within the other regions too?

Anyway as soon as I become the Galar champ - again - I'm going to replay Soulsilver/Heartgold. I picked a game for every region so far which mostly are the remakes and only Unova getting two regions because two 'storylines' (and I just love BW and BW2 XD) So first Jotho with HG/SS and after that OmegaRubin! A bit time with my good ol' 3DS while finally watching GoT will be so good! Let's see how far I can get with these playthroughs and what teams I build. Main focus is on Pokemon I usually don't use - and Bugs! Because they are love!
greensara
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Pokemon replays with a bug team actually sounds like a fun idea. Personally try to do each run with a completely different team I haven't used before, which was kind of hard when I played Sword after Shield, as I had a hard time finding "new" Pokemon to use that I liked and were useful. My second run of Sword is going to be legendary thanks to the DLC. :wink: Besides ORAS, I think I liked BW's story the best of the ones I have played. I am looking forward to experiencing the Sinnoh region for the first time.

Coincidentally, in anticipation of Monster Hunter Stories 2, I tried picking the first one back up where I left off, at the cat village. I played for a while but it had been so long, while I still remember the story and the gist of the game, I forgot what my other goals were, controls for different monsters, and some mechanics. Lol, goodness, I hope this forgetfulness/ unfamiliarity isn't becoming a trend for me. Needless to say, I am not planning on getting 2 anytime soon, but I still have my eye on a couple of those lovely new amiibo.

I am in Khrumble Dun again in DQB2. This time I am trying to make the town blend in with the cliffs by just building with rock. I also built a deep fish tank around Goldirox after leveling that platform, as well as a big scenic shower in that area. That makes for some funny cut scenes.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I once did a Alpha Sapphire run with just a Phione and a Rotom (and a Mew HM slave, but it was never out if its pokeball). It was honestly a blast just bombing around with two Pokémon and some battles were a little challenging, especially if they got overleveled and wouldn't listen looool. Only other time I did a limited Pokémon run was I did an Alcremie only team on my playthrough of Sword (all different colors and different decorations). It was waaaay too easy though as those little globs of cool whip can learn too many moves and their special attack is off the charts. I basically Dazzling Gleam'd everything to death. Still fun though!

I got ending A in NieR Replicant last night. I'll be working on endings B, C, D, and E next week as I FINALLY went back to my normal work hours. A day or so and I should be able to marathon them all and then move on. Really enjoying the extra scenes I've run into so far in the B route. I also unlocked the Kabuki outfits for the cast and really dig how they look. Kaine's « Mr.Gourmet's hat » is still in full view, unfortunately. Looks like all her costumes except the 2B cosplay are all full « Mr.Gourmet's hat » framing. I'll probably switch over to the Automata costumes once I'm doing route C, just to keep cutscenes fresh.

Gonna be getting back into FFXIV by the end of next week because there's another Moogle Tome event and ALOT of the prizes are stuff I need/want. I'm gonna be running the NieR raids to get most of the currency, so next week is just full of NieR regardless of what I play loool.
Riesenraddieb
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

greensara wrote:Pokemon replays with a bug team actually sounds like a fun idea. Personally try to do each run with a completely different team I haven't used before, which was kind of hard when I played Sword after Shield, as I had a hard time finding "new" Pokemon to use that I liked and were useful.
It was very fun! And everyone did tell me I wouldn't make it and will put back my starter into the team and I was like 'Screw it! I wont. Me and my buggy friends will demolish that champ!' I did it and I was so proud and I love my team. It was hard sometimes because bugs are like 'Whats def?' sometimes and Ribomee saved me more then once against those dragons but I managed it!
And now for that Pokemon I usually don't use - including starters because I have a tendencie to throw them out after their last evolution XD
My current Sword team, named after more or less fitting characters, is: Inteleon (Tartaglia), Ninetales (Dorian), Pangoro (Eizen), Gardevoir (yes, never used it before, Mateus), Noivern (Gerome) and Toxtricity in its Low Key Form (Alec).
I tried Liepard (Ardyn) and Boltund (Claude) but none of them did impressed me - and I don't need two Electro types. Maybe I will try Liepard again in BW/BW2 because I like it somehow? But it doesn't fit so well. Ninetales was more for the first arena because I wanted Salazzle - which now don't go too well with my male only team and I like my Ninetales?
Hopefully I can find enough 'good' Pokemon for the rest of the playthroughs XD I noted Beedrill for Let's Go for sure!