Backlog 2021

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Wow, I did it.

NieR Replicant is finished - all five endings. I thought I'd need two days to do it all, but I ended up being able to get it all done. Having no quests bogging me down definitely helped, yeeting myself through the storyline like I said I would. It was tedious through, having to fight the final boss (and everything that leads up to it after the final save) over and over was tiring and then what you have to do for ending E made me think Yoko Taro was messing with me, but then it finally triggered. I gotta say that my favorite parts of the game, the new boss and ending E's content, are my favorite parts of the game. I never played the original so I can't really compare, but I feel it would've felt kinda empty without them? Overall, the game was good and I enjoyed myself. I really would like to replay NieR Automata now that the two of them are more connected than ever, but there's no time for replays at the moment. This game has made me feel EXTRA sad for Emil in Automata though, that poor boyo.

Also (spoiler for Ending E):
Spoiler:
When that giant « Mr.Gourmet's hat » Lunar Tear bloomed I panicked and thought I was in for a Drakengard rhythm battle to get back Nier, but it was a false alarm. I would totally not put it past Yoko Taro do something like that, but thank goodness, he restrained himself, for once.

Seeing as I only have one day before FFXIV's Fanfest starts and the Moogle Tome event is in full swing, I really don't want to start anything else just yet? I'm not sure how many days it's going to take me to get all the tomes I need to get all the items I want, because I'm very mood based. The last event, I just did Praetorium until I had it all, but wow is it tiring. This time the NieR raids are included and need the minions from the last one, so I may most likely be grinding that, but we'll see.

Backlog as of now (and in order that I want to play):

Ar Nosurge: Ode to an Unborn Star
World End Economica Complete
Spiritfarer
Dragon's Dogma

If I can get most (if not all) finished before Monster Hunter Stories 2, I'd be real pleased, but I'll have to see what my work wants from me in the coming weeks.

EDIT: Said I wasn't gonna start anything but decided to jump into a PSNOW sub and mess around with Rune Factory ToD for a little bit. I uh, kinda don't like it. The camera is weird and super cumbersome in combat, the ocean exploration is confusing and hardly explained, the platforming is SUPER jank, and I'm 'meh' on 80% of the characters. I gave it around 4ish hours and it's clearly just not my thing. I feel a little bad that I can't enjoy an entry to a series I really like, but then again, it's a side game and I've only ever really enjoyed the numbered mainline series. I can just wait for Rune Factory 5 at this point and I'm glad I at least game ToD a try or else I would've been upset had I never been able to! Ima' just take it out of my backlog, which is fine - one less game to worry about!
Daikon boy
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Restarted my computer and was able to download the last few games I wanted to. I've played maybe five hours of spiritfarer now from yesterday and this morning? I like the game, so hoping I'll be able to finish that, ikenfell and crosscode (and hopefully also the other games as well) before my subscription runs out. I'll just have to see.
I have to go collect things and stuff next time I play.

I'll probably play a little bit of ikenfell and xenoblade later today.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

After seeing Deebeegeek play DQB2 for the first time (he's never played ANY builder-type game before, actually) it made me want to play again. Got through the tutorial and to Furrowfield, but...I'm bored. I think I've overplayed this game and am done with it for a good long while, even though the first chapter is my favourite. I don't think I'll keep playing, but at least I have this file ready to go if I ever want to play again without having to go through the tutorial portion again. :)

Grinded out all the stuff I needed for an NG+ run of Xenoblade, including EVERY item needed for Colony 6 reconstruction, lol, even black liver beans and ice cabbages. You're not supposed to be able to fully complete it until the end of the game, pretty much, and I won't be able to recruit later residents early on, but I'm quite interested to see if the game will let me complete the structures. (I think you may have to have a certain resident number to raise the completion, though, so...it might cap my progress that way.)

Haven't gone back to Buried Stars or SoS yet, though I was enjoying both pretty well. SoS got too hectic so I wanted to set it down for a while, and for some reason I just got an urge to do end-game grinding in Xenoblade, so I put Buried Stars down as well. I'll probably pick it up again soon, maybe even this evening.
Panda Parfait
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Bluie wrote:I gotta say that my favorite parts of the game, the new boss and ending E's content, are my favorite parts of the game. I never played the original so I can't really compare, but I feel it would've felt kinda empty without them? Overall, the game was good and I enjoyed myself. I really would like to replay NieR Automata now that the two of them are more connected than ever, but there's no time for replays at the moment. This game has made me feel EXTRA sad for Emil in Automata though, that poor boyo.
Yeah, I was surprised to hear that ending D was all you got in the original Nier. I would have found that SO unsatisfying, and I think it's my least favorite ending in general, taken by itself. It feels like it was always meant to tie into E and would be unfinished without it.

I was going to replay Automata, but just started a new job recently that has me exhausted so I haven't been playing much of anything, and now there's a bunch of other games out!

I am currently playing Resident Evil Village, thanks to a friend buying it. I'm enjoying it! Should be finished with that soon, and then I have Subnautica Below Zero and Mass Effect Legendary Edition to play. I also want to do the tome event in FFXIV... I have too many options atm and not enough free time to take advantage of them.
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Going through Eden Prime on Mass Effect Legendary Edition and I'm so happy with how smooth and pretty it is on PC!
I also can't get over how beautiful my first Shepard in this game looks.
Simply Unknown
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

I've mostly been playing New Pokemon Snap and I'm having a blast! I'm hoping to finish it before the 25th since that's when SMT Nocturne comes out on the Switch and I don't want to have my attention divided. I'm getting there though; most of the requests have been completed and I've taken pictures of 3 Illumina Pokemon! Though can I say the Volcano Illumina Pokemon is probably the worst to get through? Especially when trying to do the request for that area, ugh!

Also, I've been seeing a lot of complaints online about Nocturne running at 30 FPS? I mean, why complain? I'd get it if Nocturne was a hack and slash game or one that relied more on player input, but it's not. It's turn-based. And the graphics look amazing so why are people so upset and saying they'll boycott unless they get 60?

People. Sometimes, I just don't get them.
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote:Until recently, Subnautica was free from Playstation's Play At Home program (sounds like an outreach for unfortunate people kind of thing, lol...but it kind of is, I guess! Except we're ALL unfortunate, right now) and I downloaded it, but I haven't tried it yet. Having a go at this 'play whatever you want, whenever you want, and ignore everything else' thing.
Maybe when you feel up for another crafting game Subnautica might be worth a try! There's a mode that doesn't require you to worry about hunger or thirst and it's a REALLY pretty game. Good way to waste a few hours at least.

--
I couldn't stand it. I watched a bit of a Subnautica Below Zero stream earlier and had to turn it off so I could buy it later to see if it runs on the potato machine. And it dooooes. :heart: Well enough, anyway. I'm still not used to how LOUD this machine gets when its running anything other than a livestream but it runs, and...I love it.

Was not expecting quite so MUCH of a story. Still not quite used to managing my oxygen, either. I'm either overly cautious or getting myself drowned. Only fully succeeded at the latter once, but I guarantee there will be more of that to come.

It's been a while since I've played a game that engrossed me so much. Had a stream on in the background and I lost all track of it. Can't wait to play more!
Harvest Moon kawaii
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Currently playing:

Raging Loop (Switch) (65+ hours in)
New Pokemon Snap (Switch)
Famicom Detective Club: The Missing Heir (Switch)

Up next:

Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney Trilogy (Switch) ((Currently on the first game out of the three included))

So, started Famicom Detective Club: The Missing Heir last night, and got confused at the point where you can input your name (as it has the ability to detect data from the second game/the prequel), and I thought maybe the game autosaved, or saved already, so turned it off and back on again, and I lost like my first 30 minutes or so of playtime. :(

I wonder why the game can detect saved data from the prequel? Maybe you play the first game, then the prequel, and then play the first game again?

Also, does anyone know how the Famicom Detective series saves it's games/progress on the Switch yet? Is it an autosave feature, or do you get the ability to save after a certain point?
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I'll get to Subnautica eventually, for sure. I also haven't played much of Horizon Zero Dawn, the other free game I got from the Play at Home thing, even though I started it and more-or-less liked it. The comfortable familiar is more appealing, right now, than anything new. Or that's what I think it is, anyway.

I've played more XenoDE since last time. It's really soothing in a relatively engrossing way...just very easy to pick up and wander around in, maybe do a few quests or another section of main story. I have not picked SoS back up, though. I set it down when it got so hectic that I needed to stop playing for a bit, which makes it hard to pick back up again. I even noted that in this thread before, too...I really should try NOT to set a game down at a point where I actually WANT to stop...I need to set it down when I want to keep going, to make me pick it back up again the next day (or whenever.)

I do think I'll get back to this Kamil play-through, though. Life is utterly insane right now, though, so I'm not willing to play anything demanding. They cancelled my dad's urgent surgery, put him back on chemo, then a week or so later said 'okay, let's do that surgery next week after all!' It's good that he's getting it, but it's at the second-busiest week of the entire year for my family, it's a five or six hour drive away, it has a 3% mortality rate in his circumstances...it's just so crazy. And customers have gone even more insane this year than last year at the greenhouse. They're barely managing even with dad on hand to run the shrub and soil yard.

So yeah, SoS isn't ideal for me at the moment, even though in theory I do want to play it...there's too much to think about irl to add a too-much-to-think-about kind of game on top of that. I can still play Buried Stars, though, if I get bored of idly roaming around in XenoDE. And I am definitely tired of playing the main story in DQB2...but the building is still really appealing, and I have a completed file that I had not done all of the Tablet Targets for, and was working on the first Buildertopia. I also wanted to go back to Furrowfield and fancy it up now that I have all the blocks and things unlocked, so if I want a game where I have a say in how the world looks and can prettify it how I please, I have one where the main story is already taken care of so I can just run around building stuff.

I have lots of nice options for gaming right now. I don't feel like partaking in many of them, but I do know they're there, which is nice enough. :)
Daikon boy
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Will probably be putting my great ace attorney preorder down, and I have the gamepass for two more months I think so I should be able to finish all of those games in the time I have and then I'll have ace attorney and mh stories coming out in the same month so I'll probably be busy.

I played some more crosscode, did a bunch of sidequests and finally made it the next town. I have a lot more sidequests to do, but I'm probably not playing any more for today. I have about five or six hours put into the game so far but the way the game plays I do end up needing to take breaks more often/not play as long to rest my hands which isn't something I've had to do before. Hoping i can grab a controller for that and another game I really need a controller to be able to play at all really.

I have a few more games I can add on too if I manage to beat the rest of them and have enough time left but I'll have to see about that. I downloaded final fantasy xii too, and nothing else is super pressing, just stuff I'd like to play/try out, and some stuff I can't play on my computer anyways.
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

The potato has survived another Subnautica session~ :) I fiddled with settings as soon as booting up the game and figured out that even though I turned down overall settings to medium the frame rate cap was something like 144...? Which explains my computer trying to explode.

The game is...actually a little jittery at 60 but it still runs well. Iirc there was a lot of disparity with the first game, high end rigs ran the game worse than low end, but the streamer I watched has a high end rig and I have a mid tier...and both seem to run well!

Got to start base building today! Tomorrow's goal will be vehicle building. I'm honestly kinda scared to go back into the depths with the sharks and the rapidly depleting oxygen...but I know I need to. Hopefully the vehicle can fit. Fingers crossed.

Best news is I really want to play more. Right now. Got things to do so I can't...but I want to.
cinnamon_yuki
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I have put Story of Seasons: Pioneer in the back burners a week ago in order to wait for the patches and remaining DLCs. I've been busy re-reading Wayhaven Chronicles (a text based game with choices) due to last two chapters of the demo has been uploaded. Now that Mass Effect Legendary Edition is out, I'm excited for a new adventure. Unfortunately, I know what happens in the end of the trilogy but I want to experience the journey. As usual I'm stuck on character creation screen yesterday and I'm on the Nth of restart due to finding something off with my Shephard especially the neck. :lol: But I think I finally found my Shephard. I will be probably busy with this series for the next couple of months. :heart:
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

cinnamon_yuki wrote:
Oh I love your Shepard! I'm definitely enjoying my 21st revisit to the trilogy and my first run on the Legendary Edition. Looking forward to putting SO many hours into this.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Mmmmmmm Final Fantasy XIV brain. Been a long while since I played it so much. Been grinding the event tokens and also just messing around. I managed to get the chest piece for Dancer from the newest NieR raid and it's « Pumpkin Kisser »' outfit. It's dye able so I ended up having a fun glam session with it. I really hope they drop the limitations on the raid soon so I can just go in and roll on everything. I saw the 9S minion for the first time and rolled a 20 on it, RIP. I ended up getting his Triple Triad card instead and now I can't try to roll for anything again until Tuesday reset. *pout*

I've also started Ar Nosurge and in typical GUST fashion, the music is great and the battle system is interestingly unique. I am having minor issues remembering some of the story beats from Ciel Nosurge, but I have no time to go back and rewatch the visual novel and get a refresher. Tried to check out some wiki articles, and they have little to no info on them. Like, I remember all the impactful scenes, how the world works, how it ended, all the characters (which have all decently aged or have costume changes), but there are some smaller things that I just can't remember and they keep being touched on. Should've played it immediately after one another, but I honestly had no idea it was even on PSNow. Welp, maybe it'll come back to me the more I play.

Might take a small break from gaming to read. I got a lot of books for my birthday and I'm a FAST reader, so I can probably get them done really quick once I have the time to.
Panda Parfait
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I've never seen the 9S minion drop :( I really want it!

I finished Resident Evil Village on my day off. I definitely prefer when the RE games are more horror focused and this one wasn't, except for like, one area. Not one of my favorites, but I still enjoyed my time with it.

I'm now moving on to Subnautica Below Zero. I thought finishing the first game would make me less of a wuss in this one, but I don't think it has. I'm at a point where I should be venturing out of the safe zone and I'm scared to. I might have to look up where leviathans are located just to give myself some peace of mind.

Jealous of everyone playing Mass Effect LE! I have to wait until next week, but at least that gives me some time to make progress in other games before I hand my life over to it.