Backlog 2021

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Oof, I hope you're feeling a bit better!

Yes, 9S is best boy and I love him dearly. What you did experience is the beginning of the game. The androids live on a space station above earth and periodically get sent down to do various missions. Because they're androids, they have spare bodies in the space station in case they cease to function on earth, so they just need to have their memory data re-uploaded into their new body, and they're back, more or less. The next scene is literally 2B waking up on the space station in her new body while 9S is calibrating her senses (it's also a silly tutorial on how to change the sound volume, brightness, ect. You literally go right back to earth afterwards as you two have a new mission. The story makes more sense the more you play it, especially once you start switching character perspectives.

As for the blindfolds, it's never explained in game, but there is a reason for it. I suggest you not google it as it usually spoils something pretty significant. But yes, they have eyes, you will see them now and then. They are technically combat visors though, like they're AR/VR.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

9S is such a dolly that he alone makes you want to keep playing. The game isn't my thing, overall, with the dystopian setting in all those ruined industrial places with machinery all over the place...I don't think I'd have any interest in it if 2B had been the only character in the demo. (Well, there also wouldn't be any story to the demo if she were the only one in it, since her tiny bits of conversation with 9S are the only things that reveal any plot.) It seems like it'd be a plot-twisty kind of game. Not a bad thing; I do like to be unable to guess everything coming, which is the reason why Arise feels like a last shot at Tales, for me.

I'm replaying SoS right now and having fun at the moment, but I'm not dedicated to playing to any particular point. I'm just going to play for as long as I'm having fun with it, since everything about me and my life is so bloody weird right now, lol; so much of what I'd normally have fun with isn't of interest to me at the moment, so I'm just going to go with my whims for a while. The neck pain turned into a full-blown headache, and a weird one, but it's less freaky than when it was just an intense knot at the base of my skull. Is this another of those oddball hormonal shift things? Blehh. Fun times. But if I keep my head still, I'm pretty okay, at the moment. I can play some more SoS. :)
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I went back to PoOT just to experience my kid's birthday. Like my birthday and the anniversary, it was a cute event, but nothing really happened. The kid blew out the candles and the day goes on like normal. I figure I might as well keep playing since the first DLC comes out tomorrow. I have 7.5 million gold that I don't know what to spend on other than clothes and I don't want to make the materials for clothes until the makers are patched in next month.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

It's Summer 8 (Year 1) and I have the seed maker and normal level tools with some in copper. I'm at 165,000G shipped, so Cabin is here and Sakura should have no problem coming in on Fall 1 I can't trigger any events with Eda even though I'm well over-qualified for them...I'm thinking that in addition to all the other trigger conditions, I might have to be in Fall (when Eda starts staying at home all the time.)

I can build the sewing studio once I have 2 more wool...I got my first sheep on Summer 2, so it's just a waiting game. Flax seeds will probably be unlocked at Silk Country tomorrow, which means I can go buy my first bag of seeds of the big money crop and start leveling them up. Pretty sure I'll have all 5 regular countries open by the end of Year 1, which I think is a decent pace. I can't remember what speed I did it at before...it's been too long. I do know I had all 7 countries open by the end of Year 2 each time I completed the game. I think that'll be the same again this time. Thank goodness for fodder grass and sweet potatoes!

This would be as good as Trio if only the character events were deeper and/or more numerous. I do like how much there is to unlock with time and how some of it you can't rush...you just have to wait. That really irritates some people, but it works well for me. Though I do think the ferris wheel should only have been locked to Fall Year 3 rather than Fall Year 4.

I'm playing fairly idly right now, not maximizing my time...I'm not socializing at all because it's just not worth it in SoS1, so I only bother talking to people if I happen to run into them while running errands, or during festivals. I'm waiting on Kamil's arrival and then I'll have somebody to pointedly socialize with. :)

It's pretty fun. If it stops being fun, I'll stop playing and try playing Berseria. (Though it's probably not a good idea to replay a Tales game within a year of a new Tales game, since it could reinforce the feeling of staleness from reused plot and character tropes.)
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I went in hard on NieR Replicant yesterday and managed to get into part 2 with all the available quests done. Part one is kinda slow, especially since I was taking time to do all the quests (the fishing ones are a trial at times), but it went off the rails really quickly once I advanced the story. I won't spoil anything, but you can really tell Yoko Taro pulled inspiration from several game titles with Replicant. Some are way more obvious than others, but I am constantly getting deja vu. Gonna take a small break as I played a bit of or part 2 and got a wall of quests again and I'm not in the mood + Pokemon Snap is out tomorrow.

I didn't expect the talking book, Weiss, to be my favorite character. The fandom adores Kaine, and she's alright imo, but the sassy book who fights for his friends has captured my heart. He's also voiced by Liam O'Brian, whom I used to have a minor obsession with, so it's a double whammy lmao.
Daikon boy
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Beat trails in the sky the 3rd last night. I beat the final boss first try and everything. I had to unplug my ps4 because of a thunderstorm so I couldn't play cold steel if I wanted to yesterday, but I'm maybe halfway through that? Trying to decide what switch game I should put in. I have persona strikers which I'm at least halfway through with, but I also have xenoblade and oninaki which I'm only at the start of, and hyrule warriors age of calamity, which I've not even started yet, and other games besides that too.

I'm hoping I'll be able to grab some computer games, and nier automata for the ps4 since it seems like a reasonable price for the game. Need to see about that though. Was really hoping cold steel 2 would go on sale; 3 is a bit too much when I can't even buy the second game yet and won't even be able to play three for some time. I'd buy it if it was cheaper or if I had two and needed to buy it soon, but. I just don't have the funds to get it and a bunch of other games. There's still a chance, but it's not likely.
Panda Parfait
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Bluie wrote:I didn't expect the talking book, Weiss, to be my favorite character. The fandom adores Kaine, and she's alright imo, but the sassy book who fights for his friends has captured my heart. He's also voiced by Liam O'Brian, whom I used to have a minor obsession with, so it's a double whammy lmao.
Kaine really comes into her own the further you play, imo. I was pretty meh on her, and her character design did not help (no amount of "actually there's a very deep reason you can see her buttcrack" hand-waving will change my mind about her outfit being an embarrassment), but I ended up really liking her and can see why she's such a beloved character. Emil is by far my favorite, though. Such a sweet angel ;;

I've basically marathoned Nier Replicant since release, and I'm now finished! I really loved it. I also felt that Part 1 was slow and rather bland, which is not what anyone is looking for in a Yoko Taro game, so I was pretty down on the game for a little while. Once it gets going though, it improves tenfold. Other than that, my only real complaint is that it gets tedious to get all the endings. They're definitely worth it for the story, but I was getting sick of playing toward the end. Overall, I'm thrilled that I finally got to experience this game and that it didn't fall short of my lofty expectations.

With that out of the way, I'm kind of in the mood to replay Automata so I can really soak in the connection between the two games since I forgot a lot of the details. Gives me something to do until the May game releases start happening, at least.
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Well, the DLC is out for PoOT and I have no desire to get the new cutscenes since they require to befriend Mikey and Cindy, something I should have guessed, but have no desire to increase their friendship at this time. So I'm just gonna watch some Hulu for today and pick up New Pokemon Snap tomorrow after work.
Daikon boy
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Bought zwei the ilvard insurrection and the other two phantasy star games while I was at it, too. I also put down my preorder for monster hunter stories 2, and just need to get my preorder for the great ace attorney down too. Next time grandia and cold steel 2 (for the ps4) go on sale I'm going to buy them, but otherwise I won't be able to buy anything else unless there's a very unlikely exception. Need to make sure I have the money to buy the games I need.

Going to try playing my new game tonight. Also need to remember to plug my ds in so I can use it later if I want to.

Edit: played zwei for an hour and a half and I really like it so far. I was a little worried about playing an action game with a keyboard but it works pretty well. I need to go and mess around with the keys before I play next time though. They're not in the most comfortable spot for my hands, and I don't have a controller for my computer yet, I kind of needed to take a break by the time I was done playing, but I think if I move them to a more comfortable spot it'll work out better. I'm figuring out the game pretty quickly though.

Hopefully by the time I finish this game (assuming I don't take a long break from it) I'll be able to get the grandia games as my next computer games. I definitely needed something after I beat the last trails in the sky game, and while I do have a few other games on my computer none of them quite fit, really. Zwei seems to be filling the spot pretty nicely even though they're very different in a lot of ways. I'm just glad my laptop works so well for games. It wouldn't have worked very well with my old one.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Oooooh, these Oak Tree Town residents are a pack of hypocrites. And not the hypocrites you see dopey people in comments calling everyone who says something they don't like. "This manga is a bit too much of a slow burn for me." "Then leave, you hypocrite!" Er...there's nothing hypocritical in what they just said, you know? Unless the person who wants faster progress is secretly the author of a manga with an even slower burn! I can't tell you how many times I've seen people (kids, I hope) respond that way, lol.

But I mean actual hypocrites. People who say one thing and then act in opposition to their words. That is exactly what a lot of the Oak Tree Town people seem to be, at least when it comes to animals. They tell you you shouldn't pick up a wild bird: bad, bad you, for scaring it! But they coo over a wild bunny you're dangling in front of them. Or the opposite, depending on who it is. In other words, they tell you you're being bad for touching wild animals they don't like (and showing it to them), but are very happy if you show them wild animals they DO like, though in reality, both would be equally panicked to be handled by a strange human.

So you're a bad, naughty farmer for picking up animals they don't like and scaring them, but you're a lovely fun farmer if you pick up animals they DO like and scare them!

Anyway, still doing well. I think I'll have all 5 regular vendors unlocked in Fall (Year 1.) since I'll have already done at least 5 field conquests by then and I have to ship the most I can for each. (Can't win on contests, yet...there just hasn't been enough time to raise top quality animals or crops.) Once it's fall and I unlock the 'most items shipped' conquest option I can ship fodder, though...if I do that, my earnings will slow down again, if I don't want to progress too quickly.

It's fun to progress quickly at some things, though. Especially in a game like this that has loads to unlock for 4 years with all the animals and safari stuff and the looooong pregnancy and baby stages and so on. Besides, no matter what, I don't think it's possible (for me) to get the 10,000 items cooked (and shipped) before the end of Fall Year 2.

Gotta go get my sister's lunch ready and then prepare to head out myself, now. Boo. My arm still hurts from yesterday and I think it gave me this headache, too. Well, getting up and moving will probably help anyway.
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I got New Pokemon Snap and it's certainly beautiful. The trailers don't disappoint. I also find it a lot more fun and fulfilling than Pokemon Snap on the 64 since there's a lot more Pokemon to see on the routes. I've only gone through one so far, but I am definitely enjoying it.
Riesenraddieb
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Not so much time for playing the past days.

But I really love the Genshin Impact 1.5 Update so far! <3 The Housing System is so very good and a time sink and a resource sink and I'm loving it and doing more inside my teapot then doing things for my characters XD
At least yesterday I farmed for Dilucs (by the time C4 ... I'm not after him, from the five all-time 5* I only pull him) artefacts. It was his birthday and he deserves something better then Glad. Got three good pieces of Crimson Witch for him - at least it's a start I guess.
Meanwhile Childe becoming more and more my comfort character - I don't know why he just makes my smile and I really enjoying him.
Speaking of Childe he's also the reason I don't have time! My best friends birthday is in a few weeks and I'm crafting her Childes earring, two or three keychains and two bracelets! She deserves all of my time and love and she is also a big fangirl of him so ... Childe fan-package it is!

I did try to play DQXI but it was hard to get into it again - never finished it so far. Maybe if my crafting-phase is over (which might take a while, I have way to much ideas XD) I'll try to pick it up again and finish it? That would at least take one game out of my pile of shame ...
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I'm realizing in this replay of SoS(1) that I can't stand Fritz, lol. Elise annoys me, but it's the kind of aggravation that the phrase 'beneath contempt' feels like it was invented for. She's just not worth my attention to at all...I prefer to entirely ignore her. Fritz, on the other hand, I want to crush. I want to defeat him to an embarrassing degree at every opportunity.

Giorgio and Eda are both fine; I like them well enough. But apparently I reeeeeeeeeeally dislike the other two, though in different ways.

I'm having to settle for losses in the first year on things like animal festivals. Everyone else has an unfair advantage in that they've had their animals for years while I've only had mine for a couple of weeks, so there's just no getting around it. In Year 2, however, all competition will be utterly destroyed. At least in Year 1 I can still win conquests via shipment earnings. I relish the look of defeat any time I go up against farmers I don't like, lol.

I should have...I think 7 of the public fields within a game week. Unfortunately there's no way to get the tea, tree, or paddy fields early, but everything else I'm snatching up left and right :) The spice field really isn't worthwhile, though. Can't wait until I've recruited enough vendors that there'll be at least one vendor in town every day, so that there are never any days where I'm completely unable to sell my stuff.

~

I've been getting very conflicting reports about Pokemon Snap and how good it is, so I hope anyone here who is playing it is enjoying it. It seems like a rather short game? Only 10 or maybe 15 hours long? Not sure what info I can believe, tbh. Especially with completely stupid responses abounding, like 'this game sux, ps5 better!' (Um, the PS5 is not a game, so they are not comparable. What is with that nonsensical response? It's not funny or witty, so it doesn't seem like it could be a joke.)
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I've only played 4 stages of New Pokemon Snap so far and it is exactly what the fans have wanted for 20 years. It's just as fun as the original, but with a new coat of paint that literally evolves into a mural as you keep playing. The more you play a level, the more points you accumulate, has the pokemon get more used to your presence and will change positions, behavior, or there will be new subjects to photograph. IE: when you first encounter Pidgeot, it'll quickly fly away as you approach it, but once you get your points up, it'll show up at the beginning of the track where you can get better photos of it or feed it.

The game itself is living off both it's cuteness level and the score based gameplay. Trying to get perfect scores in all four categories (1-4 stars) is a pretty good gameplay loop in itself, but the ever changing environments is great and refreshing. Most reviewers say it took them 15-20 hours to finish the story, but 30ish hours to get everything. That's a big jump compared to the previous entry's completion time of 3-5 hours. Overall I'm pleased with it, would have blown my mind as a kid, but as an adult, it's nice to have after 20 years of waiting for a sequel.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Ah, that makes sense. Howlongtobeat.com and anyone I saw crawling around Twitter (ugh) was saying just 9-15 hours, so I thought maybe the game only had a couple dozen pokemon in it or something, for photographing...just a tiny sample of the pokemon that exist. But I looked it up and saw hundreds of pokemon. Seemed like finding them all and getting a decent picture of 200+ different Pokemon would take more time than that.

But I guess there's a storyline that can be completed faster, then. Though it doesn't make sense to me that people complain based on the length of the story. As far as I'm concerned, Pokemon is a game for completionists and those who simply like the gameplay loop. Stories in Pokemon are pretty high on the lame-o-meter...if you're a story-oriented gamer, Pokemon just isn't a draw, imo. Didn't think people would be basing their play time on the story. So I thought the game must be pretty tiny if it was being completed by everyone I saw in 10 or so hours. But if it has a main story then of course it can be completed much faster.

If anyone bought Pokemon Snap for the story and are disappointed it isn't a 50+ hour epic like Xenoblade, I can only shake my head. I'm not a Pokemon fan in specific, but even I know not to expect anything like that from the series, spin-off or otherwise.

~

I have over 500,000G earned (though I have spent it all!), so once the calendar ticks over to Fall (it's Summer 23 right now and I have a battle with Elise over the grains field today...so gonna beat her! And make room in my storage box while I'm at it...thousands of dried grass really fill it up quick. I want to ship 7000 products as quickly as I can and get that out of the way forever.) I will have unlocked not only Sakura, but also, uh...

Uh...

Wheat? Wheat country? I almost called it 'America', lol. (I still think Cabin Country might = Canada while Sakura is Japan, Wheat is the US, Silk is India and Ice is...Russia, I think. Tropical seems more generic to all tropical regions, but...probably Hawaii? Even though that's a state rather than a country. Rose Country seems like it's either France or England.) Anyway, the fourth vendor is either Wheat or Rose...I can't remember which.

I dunno why I'm talking about that, but my game days got really hectic once I nabbed the mushroom/honey/flower fields and started growing lots of sunflowers and flax on top of my seasonal veggies.

Can't wait to build another barn to get that HORRIBLE horse away from me. I needed the second house upgrade first since I had no more room for extra storage chests, but I regret it. I want to put that disgusting stalker as far away from me as I can, ASAP.

~

In gaming *related* news...for some stupid reason, playing SoS has made me want to start collecting notebooks again. I assume it's because I wanted one to write down all the shipping requirements for Ice and Tropical (and how much I've shipped already) but I couldn't find one in sight. I used to have dozens, all gorgeous, but I stopped collecting them and didn't use them for years and I guess I got rid of them for the space they took up. Now I want to collect some again. Maybe I can just restrain myself to a few? Or maybe I should be sensible and just buy one ugly old notebook to scribble in. Or go through the cabinets and drawers elsewhere...there probably is one somewhere around here! Not like my handwriting is pretty enough to warrant a beautiful book to keep it in.