Backlog 2021

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
Daikon boy
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Got to play cold steel and ys and a little bit of 13 sentinels today. I honestly wanted to keep playing games on my ps4, but I needed to take a break instead. I might be able to play some more tonight? I'll have to wait and see. I played a good part of cold steel, and I should get through the next part in one go next time I play pretty easy. I also made some good progress in ys, and I just need to explore the new area some more next time I play, and then whatever is after that.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Hrm, OK, seems like Everyday Today's Menu for Emiya Family is not a backlogable game. It kinda wants you to play it every day and grind the levels of the Heroines so they get better at cooking. The higher level recipes are impossible to complete without doing so (I tried and failed). I guess I'll delegate it to playing every once in awhile, because I was gonna try and do all the storyline in a day or so, but as my progress is blocked by grinding, I don't feel like powering through it.

Guess it's onto Chicory!
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Well, PC didn't want to start up today and I wasn't feeling my Switch backlog today, so I went through my Wii U library and eliminated a fair amount of games. Donkey Kong 64, Kirby 64, Bomberman 64, Earthbound Beginnings, Earthbound, Mario Strikers Charged, Super Paper Mario, Zelda Phantom Hourglass, and Zelda Spirit Tracks are off my backlog.

Phew! That's a lot! I really did think I was just not in a gaming mood after finishing up Mass Effect Legendary Edition, but I was okay playing Super Mario RPG.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Thanks in part to the E3 goings-on, I redownloaded Mario + Rabbids. I tried it way back, and I actually liked it...it has adorable graphics and the colours are SO vibrant. I'm not naturally good at the gameplay, but I'm also not particularly BAD at it, so it's something I might have to retry a level or two, but not three million times before succeeding. I don't remember why I deleted it. Guess I just never got around to going past the tutorial portion.

Apparently I'm aggressive in gaming combat. Wouldn'ta thought of myself that way, but I noticed I'm like that here, too...too much of a tank to ever be a healer or a mage or an archer, sort of a thing. I charge straight up to the enemy and whale (weird word!) on it until it's dead. I don't like to have to think about what spell to use in which circumstances, or to bother with aiming anything, so I'm always inclined to close combat. I didn't like the look of the character I chose in Torchlight III recently, but she was the only one who used a hammer rather than a staff or some kind of shooter, and I want to smash things right in the face, it seems.

Probably because it's so simple and hard to screw up? Most of the time I just want to button-mash. It's rare that I really get a battle system enough to be good at it, such as with Xenoblade Chronicles. My sense of timing is usually too poor to be any better than average (and that's with practise!) at most combat.

Anyway, noticed it all the more today because I'm like that even in a strategy game. I'd rather take a lot of damage than worry about defence, lol. That's why I'm gonna end up having to redo levels, I'm sure! Take less direct, more strategic routes.

Did half an hour or so of AoC yesterday and got Mipha into the party. Think I'll go for Daruk next, though I don't know if I'll try playing it today or not. I don't find I can play it for more than about half an hour or so before I'm thoroughly sick of that type of gameplay, even if I really like unlocking all the bits and seeing scenes. I'm not a fan of any situation where you have to sacrifice thoroughness for speed...it frustrates me to have to leave chests or koroks or etc behind in order to accomplish a goal before the time runs out.

I should pick Story of Seasons (1) back up again. I left it at the first Pet Promenade for about a month, now, but I really do want to try marrying Kamil at last. Though I suspect he won't beat out Nadi as my favourite. (Nadi beat Raeger...I tried Raeger first, but I stayed interested in Nadi way longer because he's so fun to tease.) I don't remember where I was in some things, already...like which crops I was fertilizing and which vendor goals I was working on. But I'd probably pick it up without too much trouble. Still, it's probably better to continue working on unfinished games than to go back to a replay.

It's so nice out. I want to be outside more...it'd be great if there was some way to be outside almost all day. Wish my body would be more cooperative with what I like to do!
greensara
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

I believe I can mark DQ11 off my backlog now as I cleared the second section last night and watched the credits roll. Obviously it's not over with the "to be continued" bit before I turned it off to go to sleep, but I am going to consider anything else going forward as post-game for backlog purposes.

Picked up a few games to try or retry in GameStop's 5 for $50, including Bee Simulator, HM:ANB, and Collection of Mana for the first time. I figured at $10 I wouldn't be out much if I decided they weren't my thing. I may or may not pick up a game or two in the eShop sale tomorrow too if they actually have a significant discount on something I'm interested in.
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Can't seem to get my brain to write this morning so...I'll babble instead.

I've only spent a couple of hours with Chicory so far, but it's very much as the demo was whenever that came out. The writing is very Greg - so, just like Wandersong (I enjoy). I love the character animations, I love painting. (Tbf I loved the animations in Wandersong, but Chicory just feels more polished?)

As much as I love it, painting is not precise enough for a drawing tablet. Tried for a while and with the tools you collect in game a mouse is accurate enough. Kept getting frustrated with little bits of paint peeking out from lines with my tablet and finally gave up. :lol: It's probably good for me to spend time painting without precision.

The ONLY thing I don't like about the game so far is the mushroom puzzles. They're the only thing so far that I've seen break their own rules. SOMETIMES you can pick your direction, SOMETIMES you can't.

Beyond this point I think the best I can do is spoiler tag with the chapter I'm in. Chicory is definitely a metroidvania, but if powers are all obtained through the story it should be fairly clear where I can and can't go.

--

It's not perfect (hoooly « Cow Poopoo » is is not perfect) but I'm actually enjoying this Genshin update. FAR more than any of the others you can tell this was just slapped together (collision in a lot of areas is BAD) I've had an instance of infinitely spawning enemies that make it nearly impossible to grab pickups. Several trees popping out of rock...mmm

Management certainly knows that this area is gonna be deleted soon.

BUT...I forgot how much fun this game can be when you're just exploring. Still looking forward to Inazuma. Not getting my hopes back up but...the new weekly boss DOES have to go somewhere after the mystery islands poof.
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I think I may be in a game slump; I did just finish one of my favorite series again and nothing is really speaking out to me to play it. It's really hard to play a game that follows Mass Effect because there just isn't a series like it. Maybe Dragon Age, but since each game feels like its own entry instead of a collection following one protagonist it isn't the same.

It could also just be the excitement of E3, that I'm just too tired from moving from one apartment to the other in the last week, or I really want to play a PC game on my dead/dying PC.

I just have Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky and Super Mario RPG left on my Wii U backlog after trying out those games again today just to make sure. I really want to finish my backlog; it's gotten so small lately.
Daikon boy
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Played some more cold steel. I should be finished with the chapter in a few days if I keep at the same pace. I always really want to keep playing the game but can't, each time I'm done playing. Really hope the second game goes on sale at the right time, because I'm going to need to buy it soon, honestly even if I don't keep at the same pace but especially if I do.
Simply Unknown
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

greensara wrote:I believe I can mark DQ11 off my backlog now as I cleared the second section last night and watched the credits roll. Obviously it's not over with the "to be continued" bit before I turned it off to go to sleep, but I am going to consider anything else going forward as post-game for backlog purposes.

Picked up a few games to try or retry in GameStop's 5 for $50, including Bee Simulator, HM:ANB, and Collection of Mana for the first time. I figured at $10 I wouldn't be out much if I decided they weren't my thing. I may or may not pick up a game or two in the eShop sale tomorrow too if they actually have a significant discount on something I'm interested in.
Yeah, that's generally what the fandom has decided for DQ11. Acts 1 and 2 are the main game and Act 3 is the post, but you don't technically need to play it to have a satisfying ending.

I'm still making my way through Nocturne and the last time I played I spent almost 2 hours getting through the puzzles the Manikin Child set up for me to get all the Magatama. I went in thinking it was a physical one, but all it teaches is the next tier of healing spells, which is useless for my protag. At least it has no weaknesses which could be handy.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Cold Steel is so great. Wish I could play it for the first time again. I think II is my favourite. I cried and cried, lol. I'm not a crier AT ALL...my family finds me to be as emotional as a rock, and romances never seem to touch me...but friendship stuff really gets me, if it feels real. (Lame friendship speeches don't have that effect!)

~

Just re-bought Hakuoki (the Edo Blossoms + Kyoto Winds combo) and London Detective Mysteria on Steam. I already own them on Vita, but I can no longer stand playing on Vita, and they're great games I don't want to lose access to, so...Steam. My computer may be a total potato when it comes to graphics (it has no dedicated graphics card at all) but it can run otoges. I've played Hakuoki many times, but the new routes added in this version, I only ever played once, so it'd be great to play those again. London Detective Mysteria, too, I only played once. Hakuoki was really inexpensive...both games together cost half of what LDM did. (Though they're really two halves of the same enormous game.) But I still want to have them both.

They don't go onto my backlog, though, since I've already completed them. It'll be nice to have them on hand again! I hope they don't overheat my silly little laptop.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Just one more daaaaaay and then I get two precious days off to do errands and gaaaame. *gurgle*

I'm gonna start Chicory, probs only play that, but as I'm waiting for Monster Hunter Stories 2 (and Legend of Mana Remastered), I'm going to slowly keep chipping away at the FFXIV Platinum and also work on the Genshin current content before it poofs. Might start tomorrow after I get home and watch the Nintendo E3 presentation, but it's gonna depend on mood + if I want to crash early or not.
Daikon boy
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I really wish I'd bought cold steel 2 when I saw it on sale. I held off because I was waiting on the first game but I didn't know it was gonna take so long to go back on sale...it has to be on the ps4, not the computer so, who knows when that's going to happen?

I played some more spiritfarer today. I got myself a third sheep, upgraded my blueprints again, spent a fair amount of time gathering and processing materials...I've spent about eight hours on the game so far apparently, though it always feels like longer.

I've also been playing vall-hall-a on the gamepass. I'm on day 10, so I should be able to finish it soon I think. Next few days if I play it everyday maybe. Looks like I have it until September so I should be able to finish a couple more games than I thought I might.

I need to keep playing crosscode, I plan to keep playing vall-hall-a each day just about, until I finish it, and I'm, I dunno halfway through ikenfell? Maybe more honestly. I should be able to beat that one too soon-ish. Still gonna wait to keep playing disgaea until I knock some of the big ones off my list though.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Scraping up scattered bits of gaming urges. I feel a bit like continuing my CS III replay. I feel a bit like doing some shrines in BotW. I feel a little like gathering the other three champions in AoC. I feel a tiny bit like doing a few more levels in Mario + Rabbids (the cute looks alone make it enjoyable to be in that world, tbh...I love the colours and adorable graphics.) I feel a fair bit like replaying the new routes in Hakuoki, and like replaying London Detective Mysteria now that I have the games on Steam.

I'm having a 'sit very still to avoid the tubal apocalypse' kind of a day, so it's good that I have a bunch of gaming urges? Even if each one only carries me through half hour spurts, that's...about 3 hours worth, added together. :) Also, it FINALLY rained well...all last night? So I don't need to cause myself extra problems by going out to water this morning. :D

If today's Nintendo Direct is even a little bit nice, this has the potential to be a great day. I hope I'm right about otoges on my laptop. They'll make it work hard because my laptop is totally unequipped for gaming, but I just don't want to see them make it work so hard it looks like it'll drop dead.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

The E3 sales are in full force and I definitely indulged. I re-bought Shinning Resonance Refrain, Fire Emblem Three Houses, and Octopath Traveler while my new purchases are Story of Seasons Pioneers of Olive Town+Expansion Pass and Persona 5 Strikers. I still REFUSE to play PoOT until all the DLC has dropped, but the price was right. Strikers has been a title sitting in the back of my mind for awhile, but I was waiting for a sale, and here we are.

Gonna just play everything at my own leisure and not stress all that much. It's really nice to have some games back that I used to own physically. Defs still starting Chicory first tomorrow still.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

EDIT: NVM, wrong thread.

Though come to think of it, I already have several games earmarked for purchase before the sale runs out in 6 days. I'm debating on which ones to follow through on, but it definitely looks like I'll have a couple more to add to my backlog before the week is completely spent. I don't want Olive Town yet (though it might be good to buy while on sale...it might also go on sale again in November) but Haven is on...definitely gonna grab it since I'm getting it anyway in the next month or two. I might nab one of the Final Fantasy games, though I'm so hit-or-miss with that series. Also considering Journey to the Savage Planet.