Backlog 2021

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Cupid Parasite is patched! I am buying it TODAY. I do really want to get some more housework done before I do any further gaming...I legitimately actually WANT to do it, now...but I have to squeeeeeeeeeze cooperation out of my sister for it, as most of it is her junk...her bedding and towels, her mask supplies, her gift bags, her camping gear (sleeping bags and deflated air mattresses littering the whole basement!) I even just need her to sit there like a lump and answer me when I ask if I can fold 'this' up and put it away, or stuff 'that' into the holder bag, or put the towels away in the upstairs linen closet. You'd think I wouldn't need to ask, but she's a huge fussbudget. Everything has to be at a specific humidity, and folded in a specific way, or rolled, or...etc. When I go ahead and do stuff myself, she complains about it, even though she would NEVER get around to doing it herself.

It can be tough, having a procrastinator and a precrastinator in one house. (We call me a pre-crastinator as I am the opposite...I tend to do things immediately. Maybe even occasionally before they're ready to be done.)

Anyway, not sure where I'm at with gaming today. I'm bursting to play more sos1, but it sucks me in with the 'just one more task!' thing and I never want to quit. And I'll get into CP for at least 3 days most likely...though there are always good stopping points with otoges since you have a natural point to put the game down every time you finish a route.

I'm having serious thoughts about temporarily moving back to my parents house. Not because I want to, but...they need constant help with grandma, and they won't be able to manage come March/April. I could still pay rent to my sis as my parents wouldn't want any from me, so it wouldn't hurt her financially, but my sis would probably miss me. The food I make would definitely be missed. (Today's stuffed mushrooms turned out great.) Thinking about it, though!
Harvest Moon kawaii
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Currently playing:

Novena Diabolos (Steam)
Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town (Switch)

Recently beat:

Pokemon Shining Pearl (Switch)

So, decided to start Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town. I have literally all the DLC, and the game is fully updated. It's my first time playing. I'm on Spring Day 3, Year 1.

I restored the chicken coop and tamed a chicken on my second day. I'm still exploring Olive Town. I met Iori (the guy I plan to marry) on the second day, too.

Also, since I already tamed the chicken, does that mean I won't be able to get photos of any wild chickens for the museum? I didn't unlock the camera until after I tamed the chicken. :(

As for what I'm going to be playing while traveling, I'm not sure still. I'm not sure if I can play Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town in handheld mode.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

No problem there, as chickens don't count. None of the domesticated animals count as wild animals you can submit photos of to the museum. You can feel free to catch them without worrying :)

EDIT: Looks like there's a high probability that I will be moving into my parents house for a few months (I really hope it'll only be 2 or 3 at most...it's urgent to get her into a proper care home, as she is falling down more and more often, and can rarely control her functions any more) in early 2022. But in funner news, I did get CP. I read a different recommended order...I always check the rec'd order first...but I don't want to do Gill 3rd. I dislike his type, so I want to get him out of the way first. I think I'll go with Gill, Ryuuki or shelby (dunno which of the two) and then Raul and Allan at the end. That was always my inclination...well see how that goes once I get to see more of the personality.

I love the dumb rip-off names in this game. They live in Los York. Hollywood is sillywood. Wikipedia is Wackypedia. I kinda like 'em :)
Harvest Moon kawaii
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote:No problem there, as chickens don't count. None of the domesticated animals count as wild animals you can submit photos of to the museum. You can feel free to catch them without worrying :)

EDIT: Looks like there's a high probability that I will be moving into my parents house for a few months (I really hope it'll only be 2 or 3 at most...it's urgent to get her into a proper care home, as she is falling down more and more often, and can rarely control her functions any more) in early 2022. But in funner news, I did get CP. I read a different recommended order...I always check the rec'd order first...but I don't want to do Gill 3rd. I dislike his type, so I want to get him out of the way first. I think I'll go with Gill, Ryuuki or shelby (dunno which of the two) and then Raul and Allan at the end. That was always my inclination...well see how that goes once I get to see more of the personality.

I love the dumb rip-off names in this game. They live in Los York. Hollywood is sillywood. Wikipedia is Wackypedia. I kinda like 'em :)
Thanks, Kikki! I appreciate it. Enjoy Cupid Parasite. I have that game, too. :)

------

Currently playing:

Novena Diabolos (Steam)

Recently beat:

I'm not much farther on Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town, but I plan to play more today. I can't wait to get a bit further in the game. My next goals are to get the first house upgrade (move out of the tent),and expand my farm by repairing the dilapidated bridge. :)

As for, what I'm going to be playing while traveling, I think I'll try to finish The Phoenix Wright Trilogy (I'm on the third game),and start the first game in The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles.

I'm not sure how long I'll be gone (maybe 2-3 days only, hopefully), but I don't know what day/time we're leaving, or what day we'll be returning. I hope we come back *on* Christmas Day.

Edit:

I got the first house upgrade, a pet (a brown Shiba Inu I named Momo), and expanded my farm (access to the cow/first barn). But, now I'm at an impasse as I don't know where to get the materials to restore the barn or further expand the farm.

I know some of it is in the mines. And mortar I can get from clay. But, how do I get sturdy (?) lumber and process the grass or whatever.

I need help on two things:

1) Where to get materials to restore the barn

2) Where to get materials to expand the farm a second time.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

No problem :)

~

Cupid Parasite is pretty unique and fairly fun, though I prefer to play by choosing my least favourite first and proceding gradually to end with my favourite (it sucks when the game has a secret or 'true' route that forces you to go by THEIR order. I think CP may do that as well but we'll see how that goes, I'm a bit confused about what I suspect as I can't see how it'd be significant enough to be the final route.) This is also how I eat, and work, lol. Worst item first, best item last!

I've decided...I'm done with Gill, now (almost), and will go for Ryuuki next, then shelby, then Raul, then Allen (er...Allan?). I don't think I need to care about recommended order, this time...I think my preference is close enough to the natural order.

~

Not sure I want to do two routes in a row, though! I may put CP down and do some more sos1. Life is a bit tumultuous here today...burying my head in a game this evening is for the best.
Last edited by Kikki on Dec 21, 2021 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Harvest Moon kawaii wrote:
Kikki wrote:No problem there, as chickens don't count. None of the domesticated animals count as wild animals you can submit photos of to the museum. You can feel free to catch them without worrying :)

Thanks, Kikki! I appreciate it. Enjoy Cupid Parasite. I have that game, too. :)

------

Currently playing:

Novena Diabolos (Steam)

Recently beat:

I'm not much farther on Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town, but I plan to play more today. I can't wait to get a bit further in the game. My next goals are to get the first house upgrade (move out of the tent),and expand my farm by repairing the dilapidated bridge. :)

As for, what I'm going to be playing while traveling, I think I'll try to finish The Phoenix Wright Trilogy (I'm on the third game),and start the first game in The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles.

I'm not sure how long I'll be gone (maybe 2-3 days only, hopefully), but I don't know what day/time we're leaving, or what day we'll be returning. I hope we come back *on* Christmas Day.

Edit:

I got the first house upgrade, a pet (a brown Shiba Inu I named Momo), and expanded my farm (access to the cow/first barn). But, now I'm at an impasse as I don't know where to get the materials to restore the barn or further expand the farm.

I know some of it is in the mines. And mortar I can get from clay. But, how do I get sturdy (?) lumber and process the grass or whatever.

I need help on two things:

1) Where to get materials to restore the barn

2) Where to get materials to expand the farm a second time.
I already explained this in the Q&A but basically keep using your lumbar maker(s). The trees in farm area 2 is what you’ll need. The lumber maker can process all of the lumber you need you just have to put the required log into it. The grass is easy to find as it’s all over the ground. Use your sickle to cut it.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I always forget how loooooooooooooooooooong common routes are the first time, since you can't skip any of it, compared to buzzing right through it on all following routes, with the 'skip read' option to gloss past any text that's been seen already on a previous play.

Looks like I get to complete 23 games in 2021. I have no other games this year (not sure if I have any in January or not...I haven't decided on Astroneer or Arceus, which are the only games on my radar for an 2022, at this point) and CP won't take that much longer. Though I plan to clean vigorously today, inasmuch as I am capable of vigor, at least. (My stamina well is merely a bottomless bucket...any energy I have tends to bleed out no matter what I do.)

Back to sos1 after this. I need to get back to it before I pop back out of the groove. But I got going on cleaning the basement and I'd like to do more of it before my sis can pile stuff up again. I guess the furnace being on the fritz has an up side?
Daikon boy
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

@kikki
You might buy a physical copy of arceus if you're interested in it, so if you don't like it you can sell it if you want. You can probably get a good amount back on what you pay if you do since it's pokemon.

I'm really excited for it, but I'm a huge Pokemon fan and I've been playing them and the spinoffs since I was six. Arceus looks pretty different from regular main games though, with some normal stuff thrown in too. I think it depends on what you would like in it and what you wouldn't and you'd probably need to wait for it to be out and played first to know enough about that.

Upgraded my house in sos. Now I need to work on getting money and blueprints and materials and upgrades. I need a lot of iron but not sure where to get it. I haven't looked it up yet. I played four hours straight of games the other day (not sos) so I guess I'm doing really well. Absolutely exhausted at times though, and I just conk out for hours and wake up feeling terrible and really really really tired (which makes the terrible feeling.) And I don't always have the energy to do anything but I can still play stuff every day pretty much. Everything else is pretty much good now but my shot symptoms do seem to get worse each time (it just goes away faster now I guess.)

Might play my psp or maybe another ds game later today. Only played a little bit of sos (maybe half an hour-an hour?) And I'm putting it aside for the morning.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Cupid Parasite is good, but has aggravated me in a few ways from the beginning. For one thing, I hate the gods. Another is that I detest 'fated love', or the 'made for each other' shtick. Like where people are 'destined' to be with each other. I just hate that concept. It ruins the idea of 'love' to me. If it's not a choice of 100% free will, I'm utterly soured on it. I also can't seem to get to like Claris, and I want to curbstomp Mars, and Minerva is mega annoying, on top of me being automatically wary of characters who keep their eyes perma-closed, as in Japanese entertainment that always seems to represent secrecy or deception or facade or...etc. Even in good-guy characters like Master shoka of saiunkoku. (I don't mind Jupiter or Venus. I don't exactly like them, but they don't bug me, either...Venus comes across too frivolous for me to dislike her, and Jupiter feels like he has a more decent core to him than any of the other gods. Less massive entitlement to all of creation...less sense that he thinks he's the be-all and end-all.

I also don't like when one route basically invalidates other routes, making itself seem like the 'canon' or 'true' route. Well, those are my personal prejudices speaking. But my natural leanings have made me dissatisfied with a few routes that I would probably have liked, otherwise.

I'm not done yet, but I think I will be tomorrow, probably.

~

Daikon boy...the info on iron is in the guide, if you want more specifics, but you can get iron by diving at Piedmont or Riverside, or buying from silk, or, if you've hit Fall 1, you can mine for it with even your Old Hammer.

I hardly ever even consider getting physical copies of games any more, but I guess buying one is an option that lets you recover at least some money if you decide you didn't like it. But I don't think I'd ever go to the bother of trying to sell a copy, and we don't have any game shops in town where they can be traded or anything, so...not practical for me, I suppose. :)

~

With no games upcoming, I may try to restart Fenyx Rising in January. Haven't decided yet, but I abandoned it this year because I dropped it for too long and then couldn't get back into it, but I've been thinking about it lately and I may enjoy restarting it. It was a good game and I liked what I played, but the endless puzzles made it difficult to pick it up once dropped for very long.
XxWizardxMollyxX14
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Started olympia soiree the other day and I am just... not having a good time. At this point it's actually a chore to get through. It's just... it's very boring to me. Sorry if anyone here liked the game, but I'm honestly finding it to be kind of a slog. The characters just arent that charming, I hate that the heroine falls completely head over heels for them in the span of two weeks (there's literally no reason why the writer couldn't have spread it out over a few months; there's a one year time restraint for olympia to find a husband), and there's just soooooooo much info dumping.

Also the constant flashbacks get on my nerves--like, the thing we're having a flashback to just happened/was already said, like, five minutes ago. Do we really need a flashback for this?

Honestly, I think I'm just gonna put it down for now. Might replay piofore, or something.
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

It's been a WHILE since I've gotten so sucked into a game that I lost track of time... I did finish up the first area in Talos Principle tonight, though. Plus a couple little extras. And found out that apparently the reward for doing hard puzzles is in fact more puzzles. I was kind of hoping for a little more story, but... more puzzles is good in the long run. To me that's the best reward for any difficult thing in a game. Don't make doing a hard thing make the game easier, if somebody enjoys the hard thing they probably would enjoy more of it.

MOST of the puzzles in the game are pretty great. There are a few BS 'dodge the turret' puzzles, though, which I'm not a fan of. But it's been worth it so far, to get to the good stuff. When it's good, it's really good.

Going to be out visiting family tomorrow, so I'm getting prepped for Animal Crossing in the car, as much as I can anyway, since the other half of the ride will be keeping the dog who hates riding in the car from screaming.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I went from "fishing in FFXIV is so annoying!" to "fishing in FFXIV is a great way to unwind". Of the four classes I've now leveled to 90, Fisher is one of them and I even went out of my way to buy the best gear off the market board. I just found myself yesterday after a very stressful day at work (I do not understand why people get their Christmas grocery shopping last minute - you're making this hell for everyone involved) and I booted up FFXIV and to fish and only fish. It helped me wind down so well I slept quite well last night with minimal weird dreams (which is what I usually use to measure how much sleep I manage to get).

That's all I got right now. Back to work for another holiday hellscape and then back home to finish preparations for guests, so probs no video games for the next two days. ;w;
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I'm re-downloading Fenyx now...looks like that may have to go on in the background for the rest of the day, lol. For a switch game, it's huge. It's not big for a Playstation game, but Nintendo games tend to be smaller and less demanding of the hardware, for probably rather obvious reasons. I do think Nintendo is going to HAVE to make a big step forward in terms of function, soon. I know it's their thing, to put gameplay way, WAY above tech specs, and I like that, but the thing is...they're falling TOO far behind, now. It's becoming increasingly obvious with how many games are multiplat, these days. They don't need to come level with Xbox or Playstation (let alone PC) but they do need to close the gap a little. 1st party games from Nintendo are always awesome and I never feel the lack between, say, LoZ and...uh...I dunno, what's a decent comparison to a typical playstation game? Let's say Tales of Arise or Persona 5 or Horizon Zero Dawn or something like that. They're all beautiful in different styles, but they all play very smoothly, and Nintendo is great at pure FUN.

But yeah, even I...who am often nearly tech-spec-blind...am starting to feel the problems with how far behind Nintendo is in function/performance because of all the third party and indie games.

Er, anyway. Yeah, Fenyx is a honking huge game, for switch, and download speeds for me are not all that high, so it's going to be a task going on for several hours. Good thing it takes care of itself. Fortunately, sos1 is on 3ds! It sure is hard to pick that game back up every time, though, even leaving it for only a few days. I remember everything, this time, but there's just so much to coordinate! And Kamil takes sooooooo long to appear that it's really an enthusiasm-killer. I never try to socialize, but I guess I've attended enough festivals that I'm at purple level with everyone, now...I got Mistel and Veronica's first events today, and Raeger appears to be at blue flower already.

Renewed two of my conquest fields today. 27 more days until the tea and tree fields finally become available! And Kamil will arrive in town a game week or two after that. Just 5 (4, really) more game days until I get the West farm! I have no sentiment, so I can't wait for that trigger. I need to plant so many hardwood trees.

I have a soda stream again. My water is now oddly fuzzy in texture (it doesn't actually feel bubbly)...along with a squirt of lime or some orange extract (or both), it does make water more interesting. Our furnace MIGHT finally get fixed, today. Maybe. At least the basement looks decent for anyone who needs to tromp on through to work on repairs.

EDIT: Just wanted to let you all know that if RopeMaidenKirie hasn't put up her annual Year-In-Review/GotY thread by December 31, I'll be putting it up myself, since Bluie agreed that would work out best. (Though anyone can PM me if you feel otherwise!) I'm not sure how often Kirie drops by Fogu these days and life may have taken her in a different direction for now, so rest assured if you look forward to that thread...you WILL get to answer questions about your gaming year as usual, even if Kirie turns out to be busy. It'll be up before January 1 for sure, one way or another! I promise :) Look for it by around 9AM ET on Dec 31 at the latest. (Or maybe earlier if Kirie ends up coming to do it herself in the next few days. If she's around it'd be great if possible, since it's tradition by now, but...we'll see!)
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

It's 4 am and I'm idling away the last few min before I have to go face the long work day ahead of me. My family went above and beyond this year again when it came to my gaming wishlist. While I generally don't like a giant amount of games to play at once, I'm honestly elated because not only was I given a brand new 2ds (toast version - Link colors), but free reign of the eshop to buy every game I had to skip due to money reasons or were released after I had gotten rid of my 3DS in 2018. While the Switch eShop was down yesterday (as per tradition lol) the 3DS eshop was perfectly fine and I got a bounty of new games to play that I'd been pinning over for awhile now. I think I'll be focusing on these for now mainly because I want to and it's starting to be a good time to put FFXIV aside for awhile. So, my 3DS backlog is;

Yokai Watch 3
Yokai Watch Blasters White Dog Squad
Style Savvy Styling Star
Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call
7th Dragon III Code: VFD

And then the system came preloaded with OoT and I rebought Shadows of Valentia because it's my absolute favorite Fire Emblem. I will play those two when the mood strikes. So far I started Curtain Call and it's so much better than the first game, which I 100%ed, and I love the gameplay all over again (also, FFXIV music and characters are very nice too! ;) ). I also booted up Styling Star, but alas, I had to go to bed at a good hour so I stopped after making my character.

I can't wait to spend my day off snuggled up in bed with my 2DS like it's 2012 again lol
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

That sounds really nice, Bluie!

~

I want winter Year 1 to speed by in sos(1). I've only got one day left and I finally get the farm expansion, but then I have to wait another whole season before I can get access to a greenhouse, or to buying bricks. I'm currently mining for as much silver and adamantium as I can get, while also looking for a little extra gold and emerald. I just need 2 more emeralds and I can upgrade to the, uh...yep. The 'big house'. Apparently emerald also becomes available for sale at the beginning of Year 2. Year 2 unlocks a load of really good, kinda vital stuff. For now I'll have to be content with the best music in the game coming up (winter) and that I'll be getting the farm expanded so I will finally have room to plant a load of hardwood trees to clean up Ice Country requirements asap. I am really looking forward to the worst music in the game (fall) to be OVER, ugh, this gross, tinny, fake wind instrument garbage, yuck. Wind instruments tend to aggravate my tinnitus. (I once had someone scold me for saying 'wind' instrument rather than 'woodwind' or 'brass', lol, to be specific about my trigger...but I am equally bothered by BOTH types of wind instrument, dang it.)

I won't try to mine out 20 bricks when I need so much else at higher priority...I'll just wait until they unlock for sale in Year 2. But I can't complete my Double Watering combo until I fill that Trade Depot request for 20 bricks, and I do really want that. It takes way too much time to double water such a huge farm AND all the conquest fields. But I need the boost in growth speed if I'm to complete the cooking requirements for Tropical in a decent amount of time.

It's going fine, anyway, though I'm eager for Year 2. Kamil will finally arrive, and everything so many other things I need, too.