Backlog 2021

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I haven't been in a gaming mood lately since I finished New Pokemon Snap, so I've been failing at my backlog lately. I guess I'm just too excited for the new games I'm getting this month!

Mass Effect Legendary Edition - May 14
Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne Digital Deluxe Edition - May 20
World's End Club - May 28

I traded in some old games to GameStop and got a decent amount in eShop credit, so I'm not gonna break the bank this month. I'm hoping to get in one run of Mass Effect before it's time to jump to Nocturne, but I doubt it. I'm envisioning playing through Mass Effect once followed by Nocturne and then World's End Club. After all that, back to Mass Effect for me!

Already got 6 planned playthroughs, one for each class. and all ranked by love interests from top to bottom.
Spoiler:
Terra Shepard (Engineer, Colonist, War Hero)
Code: ?
Morality: Paragon
Love Interest: Garrus Vakarian

Phoebe Shepard (Infiltrator, Earthborn, Sole Survivor)
Morality: Renegade
Love Interest: Thane Krios

Matthew Shepard (Sentinel, Spacer, Ruthless)
Love Interest: Tali Zorah vas Normandy

Gabriel Shepard (Adept, Colonist, Ruthless)
Love Interest: Jack

Richard Shepard (Vanguard, Earthborn, War Hero)
Morality: Renegade
Love Interest: Miranda Lawson

Rachel Shepard (Soldier, Spacer, Sole Survivor)
Love Interest: Liara T'Soni
Maybe I'll finish my Andromeda playthroughs afterwards; I've still got 3 planned playthroughs left.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Ooooh, Raegaaaaaaar! :evil:

I had a very hectic game day, and managed to squeak into town with 2 hours left to spare before the Trade Depot (and the restaurant) closed. I needed a meal at the restaurant to refill my stamina (still have to water all my stuff a second time on the way home!) and to ship some stuff. And when I walk in, the !#@!#^$ event with Raegar's cold kicks in and eats up EVERY MINUTE I HAD LEFT and kicks me out of the restaurant at 21:30.

*punts Raegar all the way across Oak Tree Town*

You're my enemy now, pretty boy. I'm gonna put itching powder liberally into your underwear and sock drawers. I'm going to tell everyone how much you loooove mango wine, to make sure that's what they ALL get you for your birthday and any special occasion from now on. You shouldn't have been working in a restaurant in the first place with a cold so bad it made you pass out! You work in food service..keep your germs out of the kitchen. :evil:

I'm so aggravated I think I have to put SoS away for now. Might play a little bit of Xeno DE (rounding up customization I hadn't gotten yet) but really, all I want to do is sleep. Still. I hoped spring would cure this but it'd sure be nice if wasn't impossible to see or talk to my GP this whole past year.
Daikon boy
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Riesenraddieb wrote:
greensara wrote:Pokemon replays with a bug team actually sounds like a fun idea. Personally try to do each run with a completely different team I haven't used before, which was kind of hard when I played Sword after Shield, as I had a hard time finding "new" Pokemon to use that I liked and were useful.
It was very fun! And everyone did tell me I wouldn't make it and will put back my starter into the team and I was like 'Screw it! I wont. Me and my buggy friends will demolish that champ!' I did it and I was so proud and I love my team. It was hard sometimes because bugs are like 'Whats def?' sometimes and Ribomee saved me more then once against those dragons but I managed it!
And now for that Pokemon I usually don't use - including starters because I have a tendencie to throw them out after their last evolution XD
My current Sword team, named after more or less fitting characters, is: Inteleon (Tartaglia), Ninetales (Dorian), Pangoro (Eizen), Gardevoir (yes, never used it before, Mateus), Noivern (Gerome) and Toxtricity in its Low Key Form (Alec).
I tried Liepard (Ardyn) and Boltund (Claude) but none of them did impressed me - and I don't need two Electro types. Maybe I will try Liepard again in BW/BW2 because I like it somehow? But it doesn't fit so well. Ninetales was more for the first arena because I wanted Salazzle - which now don't go too well with my male only team and I like my Ninetales?
Hopefully I can find enough 'good' Pokemon for the rest of the playthroughs XD I noted Beedrill for Let's Go for sure!
Anybody who told you wouldn't make it clearly doesn't know pokemon very well. It's super fun to make a team with only one type or other types of challenges/limitations and succeed and win with them and find new pokemon you never knew you liked so much and take them all the way. It's something pokemon is fantastic for really.
Simply Unknown
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Riesenraddieb wrote:
greensara wrote:Pokemon replays with a bug team actually sounds like a fun idea. Personally try to do each run with a completely different team I haven't used before, which was kind of hard when I played Sword after Shield, as I had a hard time finding "new" Pokemon to use that I liked and were useful.
It was very fun! And everyone did tell me I wouldn't make it and will put back my starter into the team and I was like 'Screw it! I wont. Me and my buggy friends will demolish that champ!' I did it and I was so proud and I love my team. It was hard sometimes because bugs are like 'Whats def?' sometimes and Ribomee saved me more then once against those dragons but I managed it!
And now for that Pokemon I usually don't use - including starters because I have a tendencie to throw them out after their last evolution XD
My current Sword team, named after more or less fitting characters, is: Inteleon (Tartaglia), Ninetales (Dorian), Pangoro (Eizen), Gardevoir (yes, never used it before, Mateus), Noivern (Gerome) and Toxtricity in its Low Key Form (Alec).
I tried Liepard (Ardyn) and Boltund (Claude) but none of them did impressed me - and I don't need two Electro types. Maybe I will try Liepard again in BW/BW2 because I like it somehow? But it doesn't fit so well. Ninetales was more for the first arena because I wanted Salazzle - which now don't go too well with my male only team and I like my Ninetales?
Hopefully I can find enough 'good' Pokemon for the rest of the playthroughs XD I noted Beedrill for Let's Go for sure!
I get that feeling a lot with nuzlockes. Part of the fun is using a Pokemon that most people consider bad for the game it's in or competitively, but you find it works very well with you and your playstyle. I've seen a lot of Butterfree and Beedrill make it to the Hall of Fame in various runs, and recently a run basically where they crushed everything with an Eviolite Shelmet. Monolockes are also pretty common for a lot of people, with Bug types being a very common variety from what I've seen.

If I can ask, why do you box or release your starters after they hit their final evolution? Mine are usually a mainstay on my team because they're my starter and we've bonded.
Riesenraddieb
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Simply Unknown wrote:If I can ask, why do you box or release your starters after they hit their final evolution? Mine are usually a mainstay on my team because they're my starter and we've bonded.
I don't know. Maybe because every new region has so many cool Pokemon and I just ending up kicking my starter out to get another bug-type (I swear I have no problems with bugs ... I love them way to much *hides all her Bug-Type plushies*) or something like that. I guess the only starter that did 'survive' was Primarina - because it was male when I first played Sun and I love feminin looking male Pokemon *cough*

Besides that: Not played very much today I'm really busy crafting that fan-package birthday-present for my friend! Finished Tartaglias earring for both us us today and I'm super proud so far! Also one of two keychain-charms is at least somewhat finished!

One hour Genshin was all I managed to play today at it was insane! Planned to do at least 13 runs through the Crimson Witch-domain (I'm bad with domain names ...) but only getting 5 runs until I was 'Screw it, going back to crafting!' But I did managed to get two Crimson Witch artefacts for Diluc which feels like hitting the jackpot. The sub-stats on his new flower and feather are just so damn good! Now I only need a timepiece or a goblet and a better headpiece (sub-stats sucking but it has ATK%!) Besides that I'm in the right position to say that my World don't have any Pyro Dmg Bonus artefacts at all! I only drop Geo, Cryo and a bunch of Anemo mixed with a few Hydro (Childe was happy because beautiful sub-stats on that one!) and two(!) Electro for my entire gametime ... I just want that Pyro Goblet so bad QwQ
Daikon boy
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I started playing xenoblade on my switch again. I'm on Chapter 5 I think? Not very far in.

I also got the deal for Xbox gamepass on my computer so I'm playing ikenfell right now. I also downloaded crosscode and moonlighter to try too, and I have to look through the rest of the games again later to figure out which ones I should download to try out/download later once i've beaten some games if I still have the time.

I want to play final fantasy 12, but I can't decide if I should play it now and try to beat it, or wait until i buy it for my switch. There are some other games I would play if it wasn't on my computer too but since it is I won't be playing those. Taking a small break from zwei because I messed up and failed the dungeons a few times, and I want a break from the dungeon crawling to go play some other games before I play it some more. Will probably still play it inbetween the other games when I feel like it, (or the other games inbetween it?) But not right now. So eight now I'm playing ikenfell and xenoblade and pmd gates to infinity when I charge my 3ds again.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I feel like I really need a visual novel of some kind. (Summary of spoiler contents: Blablablablabah.)
Spoiler:
Something I can just read like a book while sitting outside or with my grandma (endlessly watching episodes of Dr. Pol). An otoge, or a mystery type...whatever. I mentioned Buried Stars a day or two ago, but those Famicon Detective Club whatever dealies, they might be an option that's coming up in a few more days. But they're old, and I know nothing about them. The thing with old stories is that they often become trite as years pass. What may have been super original back then may have become cliche since. When people see a truly original or surprising twist in a story, they start to COPY it and use it for themselves, and it spreads, and gradually it becomes another overused or predictable plot device.

I don't know if that's the case with the Famicon-whatever games, but I don't know how to find out, either. I've never seen anyone talking about those games.

On the other hand, putting aside if they're any good or not, I'd like to support Nintendo branching into visual novels...prove that there IS money to be made on them so that more AAA companies might start taking an interest. An acceptable reason to buy them right there. Though I don't really feel like sacrificing my money to graphically uninteresting games that might be really boring. I can't say anything particularly grabbed my attention. I think Buried Stars would probably be the more interesting game, and I like the character art in it better.

What I'd really like is to see the first glimpse of a new Xenoblade game. It's been 3.5 years since the last one came out. Monosoft has been hiring constantly (including to the team that works on Xenoblade) and has even opened another two studios in that time. I know they contribute to the development of other games, especially open world stuff, including Breath of the Wild, but...I really want to see what Monolith Software is working on of their own. Even if it's that non-Xenoblade fantasy action game we saw concept art for years ago and nothing ever since.

Well, I have to get ready to head back to the chiro before doing my errands and dropping off groceries for my parents. My bizarre body isn't really letting me do much gaming this past 2-3 days, which is part of why I'd like a visual novel to just putter around with aimlessly. I wonder if my new effort at exercising is making it worse. Exercise is supposed to be good for you, but even walking at more than a broken-legged turtle's pace does damage that hurts for days (joint and nerve pain, not muscle pain...muscle pain is entirely acceptable!). I just don't know what I should to do.

I will probably buy a visual novel soon. Feeling cruddy always makes me want one. I suspect I'll cave and get Buried Stars, but I'm going to try looking into the Famicon-whatevers a little more, first.
Meanwhile, I still haven't played the demo of Miitopia. Opted against the original...I may just not be all that interested in this one, either.

Now I'm off to buy a bunch of salmon and broccoli and frozen berries...I have a great recipe for sticky honey-garlic filets that'd go great with brown rice, and a berry smoothie can be an afternoon refresher. Diet never seems to clear up my troubles but anti-inflammatory foods should only have the potential of helping, not hurting. I have so much stuff to do, both in life and in gaming...I'd really like to find a solution that lets me make some progress in both, dagnabbit.
iLoveSprites75
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Have absolutely dropped off of the whole backlog thing once again because I've got a really good file going in The Sims right now... Go figure. Friend of mine finished the "story" of New Pokémon Snap; I've loved what I've played so far. I also want to hop back on Shield because I don't want to lose my place. I know I just got to a new town.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Buried Stars is really interesting...it's so unique. I saw at least one review saying the English translation is really bad, but uh...it's perfect, so far? Makes me wonder if the reviewer's native language isn't English, or something. The game has no actual walkthrough other than a 100% (platinum) trophy walkthrough, but I did find out that it's a game where your first playthrough MUST end badly...you can't get a good (character route) ending or the 'true' ending until later.

There is no romance in this. It's more of a disaster/survival flick + mystery, and an emotion-management game. The mechanics are quite interesting...feels like you're tip-toeing through a minefield all the time, as everything you say has the chance of not only raising but lowering your rapport with your fellow stars, AND it can increase or decrease your sanity, as well. (If you lose all your sanity, well...bad ending! I think you can also get a bad ending by making others really hate you, but I'm not sure about that, yet.)

One of these guys is mega angry. You can't talk to him about anything without making him angrier, it seems. Maybe that's how the first run-through is locked? I don't know, yet.

~

Decided today that I'm not actually doing a backlog at all. (Blahblah!)
Spoiler:
2020-2021 are crappy years for the whole world, but putting the pandemic and greenhouse-related insanity aside...between dad's metastasized cancer, grandma's wavering dementia, my own peri-menopausal-type issues plus other health junk, and one other family member whose issues are so bad that I can't even safely talk about them (though I disown this rodent that I have loathed since I was a child...I was the first one who knew they were scum, right from when I was twelve, so at least none of this came as a surprise to me, the way it did to my poor parents.) I figure that last thing I need to do is waste any emotion on caring what I play and whether or not I officially complete it.
My stance on gaming this year is going to be 'whatever'. I'm not going to keep score. Maybe some year again, but I shouldn't have bothered doing it last year, and this year is worse, so...not for now!

Though I'll still talk about what I'm currently playing in this thread, cuz this is actually my primary source of socialization, lol. (That's true even without covid!)
Harvest Moon kawaii
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote:Buried Stars is really interesting...it's so unique. I saw at least one review saying the English translation is really bad, but uh...it's perfect, so far? Makes me wonder if the reviewer's native language isn't English, or something. The game has no actual walkthrough other than a 100% (platinum) trophy walkthrough, but I did find out that it's a game where your first playthrough MUST end badly...you can't get a good (character route) ending or the 'true' ending until later.

There is no romance in this. It's more of a disaster/survival flick + mystery, and an emotion-management game. The mechanics are quite interesting...feels like you're tip-toeing through a minefield all the time, as everything you say has the chance of not only raising but lowering your rapport with your fellow stars, AND it can increase or decrease your sanity, as well. (If you lose all your sanity, well...bad ending! I think you can also get a bad ending by making others really hate you, but I'm not sure about that, yet.)

One of these guys is mega angry. You can't talk to him about anything without making him angrier, it seems. Maybe that's how the first run-through is locked? I don't know, yet.

~

Decided today that I'm not actually doing a backlog at all. (Blahblah!)
Spoiler:
2020-2021 are crappy years for the whole world, but putting the pandemic and greenhouse-related insanity aside...between dad's metastasized cancer, grandma's wavering dementia, my own peri-menopausal-type issues plus other health junk, and one other family member whose issues are so bad that I can't even safely talk about them (though I disown this rodent that I have loathed since I was a child...I was the first one who knew they were scum, right from when I was twelve, so at least none of this came as a surprise to me, the way it did to my poor parents.) I figure that last thing I need to do is waste any emotion on caring what I play and whether or not I officially complete it.
My stance on gaming this year is going to be 'whatever'. I'm not going to keep score. Maybe some year again, but I shouldn't have bothered doing it last year, and this year is worse, so...not for now!

Though I'll still talk about what I'm currently playing in this thread, cuz this is actually my primary source of socialization, lol. (That's true even without covid!)
Tell me if that Buried Stars is any good, Kikki. I own the game, too, but only played an hour or so of it (I think), so am only aware of the very beginning.
Spoiler:
Currently playing:

Raging Loop (Switch) (65+ hours in)
New Pokemon Snap (Switch)

Up next:

Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney Trilogy (Switch) ((Currently on the first game out of the three included))

So, bought 3 games today. The Famicom Detective Club The Missing Heir went through last week (finally got paid off). So, today I bought Famicom Detective Club The Girl Who Stands Behind, C14 Dating, and Signs of the Sojourner.

Also, looking forward to at least owning that Switch release of Zombies Ate My Neighbors and Ghoul Patrol (it's a 2-in-1 deal), and only costs $15. I loved the game as a kid (Zombies Ate My Neighbors), and my mom played it with me. I never did play Ghoul Patrol as a kid (didn't know about back then).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbsreeNpBHo ((announcement trailer for Zombies Ate My Neighbors and Ghoul Patrol))
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

I've just been puttering with games still. Trying to keep them as a mental break from the madness that is life right now. Puzzle games are fun in short bursts, and aside from that it's just been Genshin.

Speaking of...still enjoying the housing thing, but I'm not a fan of locking you out of your little housing 'adventurer manual' levels when you don't have 'friends' in game. >:| The only time I've played in multiplayer is a few times for artifact domains where it's easy to hop in/hop out...so I guess I'm just screwed then.

Anybody thinking of picking up Subnautica Below Zero? :o I never got the original because of all the optimization issues it has but I can't help but be curious about the sequel... I like me an explore and craft-a-thon.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Mikodesu wrote:Anybody thinking of picking up Subnautica Below Zero? :o I never got the original because of all the optimization issues it has but I can't help but be curious about the sequel... I like me an explore and craft-a-thon.
Until recently, Subnautica was free from Playstation's Play At Home program (sounds like an outreach for unfortunate people kind of thing, lol...but it kind of is, I guess! Except we're ALL unfortunate, right now) and I downloaded it, but I haven't tried it yet. Having a go at this 'play whatever you want, whenever you want, and ignore everything else' thing.

~

PLayed a fair way into Buried Stars' common route. It apparently has a 'common route' even though it's not at otoge, but I'm not sure how far in before it branches. Apparently I cna only get a bad ending on my first go, anyway.

But other than that, I've been grinding like crazy in XenoDE's post-game stuff. I've gotten all of Shulk and Dunban's advanced art books, and I think I'll try and get Sharla and Reyn's, too, at least the ones I use most, and leave the other three for NG+, since it takes forever to get these rare drops. I feel better about it since I recalled that chest contents are randomized, so I just save and reload on my killing spot, until my target drops a gold chest, then I save again...and I save and reload that gold chest over and over until it finally spills out the contents I need.

I'll probably also try to grab an ice cabbage and a black liver bean before I go into NG+, and a pair of Red Frontier via noponstones. I'm totally going to cheat on Colony 6 and have all the rare stuff already on hand :)

In the process I got lots of great crystals, so Shulk, Dunban and Riki (my current party) all have weapons equipped with high-grade Haste, Double Attack and Critical Up gems. They also all have 50% spike protection. The rate at which I fill the party bar is insane. I can often do a second chain attack instantly after finishing the first one. It's fun to make the characters as brokenly powerful as I can. I've even been killing superbosses pretty easily, though I haven't tried Blizzard Belgazas yet, or Avalanhe Abaasy. Pretty sure I can beat Belgazas...not so sure about Abaasy, since he'll always be minimum 21 levels above me. (Belgazas is 'only' 15 levels above. He'll be enough of a challenge, if I decide to try.)

Anyway, that's why I haven't made it any further in Buried Stars. Wandering around picking up blue globes in Xenoblade has been really appealing, the last day or two. There's something super zen about just wandering around the beautiful world, listening to the different music in each region, while running into glowing blue balls to see what collectible it is.

SoS(1) got very hectic and for now I don't want to play it, but it's ready to pick back up any second. It's easy to take along with me when I need to be on hand for grandma, at least.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

*rises from my grave* I'm finally free...!

Today begins my hardcore NieR Replicant playthrough to get endings B,C,D, and E. Haven't touched the game in ages due to work, but this week I will be finishing it!

I'm very thankful that my husband took to heart my request for him to not buy me any games for my birthday (yesterday!). Defs didn't need anything to add to the backlog list rn. I feel like this week is a fluke and I'll be back at fulltime hours starting again next week, so I want to get as much gaming done as possible and clear out some titles collecting dust or that I bought recently on sale. That being said, Moogle Tome event in FFXIV... it shall own my soul until I get every item that I want. I'm honestly not upset about it, because it gives me a great excuse to play FFXIV and hang out with friends, because EVERYONE is going to get on to snatch up some goodies.

Welp, I best get at it!
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Well, I went back to Harvest Moon Tale of Two Towns mainly because I don't have a kid yet in the game. I have the house and bed upgrades, but no kid yet. Might as well try and get the kid so I know their name that Mikhail picks out so I don't pick that name in a future game. Plus, it'll keep me busy while I wait for Friday to roll around.
Daikon boy
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I was able to play my ps4 the other day so I got to play cold steel again. I'm 40 hours into the game, and I have some stuff that I need to do that I can probably finish all of it up the next time I play. Also want to play ys at some point while there aren't any thunderstorms stopping me from playing it.

I've gotten to chapter three in ikenfell, and I also played nearly three hours of crosscode. I have a lot of sidequests to get back to next time I play. I like them both, though I wish I could change the buttons for ikenfell and I'm not a huge fan of the controls for crosscode given that I'm playing with my laptop keyboard and no mouse or controller...I also so far have had to redo the controls everytime I start the game again, and there have been a few times my laptop mouse zoomed the screen in and the only way to fix it is to restart it...other than that I like the game, but it's probably a great game to have a controller for or play on a console. I did also try moonlighter earlier but I don't intend on going back to try and finish it until I beat the other games I downloaded since I don't know how long it's all going to take me, including that game. Stores also freaked out so I can't download anymore of the games available currently. We'll see if that lasts or not.