Backlog 2021

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I know several people here are considering Grow. I really like it...but there IS a game-breaking bug. I don't think everyone gets it, but I don't know how to avoid it (perhaps by never speaking to Flora? But if it's triggered by getting to the Gate of Withering, then avoiding it is not possible.)

Sometime around when you get the 6th song fragment, you can lose the ability to save your game. When i saw t his, I had last saved about an hour and a half previous...no autosaves had been made between tehn, even though I'd done some big things, so I think it may stop autosaving, too. Maybe not! Maybe you could just keep playing until you managed to trigger an autosave. Or you could just KEEP playing until you completed the game's storyline and then maybe it'd unlock? I don't know, but...if you can't save, that's pretty game-breaking, as you can't quit without losing progress.

That's one bug I'd wait to see get patched, if I knew about it in advance. I can't play any more, now...I'm stuck waiting until they fix this so that I can continue (you can't proceed in the gate of Withering, either...something in there is missing, because there's no way to move beyond the first room. So I can't just go ahead and try to complete the story OR get to the final town segment, and my next interaction with Flora is bugged, too.)
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Thank you PSN Black Friday sale for allowing me to buy the last few digital PS4/5 titles I was missing (Kingdom Hearts collection, Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart, and Tales of Arise). Now my wishlist is empty except for « Harvest Goddess » of War Ragnarok and I still have PSn credit for that to go to. I also just need my own PS5 instead of using my roommate's to play the games on.

I'm about 20 hours into SMT5 and I'm still loving it.

Animal Crossing is going well too. I built the last bridge I need and thanks to Happy Home Paradise's catalog (you need to spend 150K Poki in order to unlock it) I can get the furniture I was missing for my island. I still hate the 5 item limit, but oh well. I need to kick Shari out in favor of another big sister personality villager, maybe Quinn. I'm also thinking about kicking Mott out for another jock. Every other villager I have is golden to stay though, for now.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I'm on my way to the Elite Four in Shinning Diamond, but I decided to take a small break before tackling Victory Road. I then played around in Xenoverse 2, mostly the new photo mode, and then got reminded about all the DLC on it I still haven't finished. I really need to re learn the gameplay before jumping back in though.

Switched to PS4, in the mood for some Black Desert, but it's glitchy as heck after the recent update and I can't even get to the character select screen. I checked Twitter and it seems I'm not the only one. Looks like they're doing maintenance tonight so hopefully everything will be resolved. Went to check out the Black Friday sale on the PSN and find a 2020 game I skipped on sale with it's season pass for peanuts, so now I own Dragon Ball Kakarot annnnd I'll get to it when I get to it!
Panda Parfait
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I'd never heard of Grow until this thread, but I might pick it up. It sounds very chill and I'm in the mood for a game like that right now.

Still sloooowly working my way through SMT5. With Thanksgiving right around the corner work has been a lot, so I just haven't felt like playing much.

I'm also officially attempting to get a PS5. It's going... poorly. I've got notifications set up on my phone for any new stock, but they basically disappear instantly. I hope I can get one before Elden Ring comes out, at least. Maybe it will be a little easier after the holidays.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I highly recommend Grow! Just not now, lol. Definitely a patch needs to hit whatever platform you'll be playing on, that solves that unable-to-save glitch that seems to happen when you reach the point where you can start searching for the 6th song fragment. I know one patch has hit PC already, though I don't know if it included that issue or not.

I keep meaning to go on to ACNH, since we've gone past another Monday and I want to check the plaza shops. Didn't get to it today, though. Not sure if I'll get to it tomorrow, either, but I have all week, so that's fine. I love all of Saharah's new stuff so far, though Redd's final 3 pieces are what I'm really after.

Not playing anything right now since the glitch shut me down. I should be able to grab Cupid Parasite early in December, though. I'm sure I've forgotten a game that's releasing around mid-December but I just can't bring it back to mind...it's driving me nuts, like a song that's right on the edge of your thoughts but you can't quite bring it back clearly enough to name it. Anybody else anticipating something in December, specifically?
Panda Parfait
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

It looks like the PC patch for Grow didn't fix the save bug. It's not mentioned in the notes and I see people on the Steam forums still experiencing it. I see quite a lot of bug reports, actually, so yeah... I may wait a little bit to pick the game up. Did you notice the game being generally a bit buggy, or just the one really bad bug?

Played SMT5 for a little while today, and by played I mean I wasted about 2 hours attempting to progress and having that little bit of progress wiped out over and over by random enemies kicking my « Mr.Gourmet's hat ». I know this is what SMT is like, but man... I am not in the right mindset for this kind of torture atm lol.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

It has quite a lot of little bugs, though honestly they're nothing that particularly matters. Imo, anyway. Just the save bug is a deal-breaker. I'm stuck. Until they fix it, I can't play the game at all any more. As close to literally game-breaking as is possible without taking out a physical cartridge and snapping it in half. Though...it seems that not everyone gets that bug, so if anyone doesn't mind gambling on being one of the ones that doesn't, then they might still think it worth trying even now.
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

What a shame about Grow. :/ I always bad for indie devs when this sort of stuff happens since they only have so many people to even DO bug fixing. Not to mention limited QA, so they most likely never found the bug to begin with...

I guess it'll sit on the wishlist for a while.

Seems like every retailer around is having a massive Black Friday sale. I was looking through Greenman Gaming's yesterday. They sold out of some special edition Tales of Arise keys, and RE8 is 50% off. Super surprising. I'll most likely buy a few older games, they're all under a dollar each. Hard to say no at that point.

Got to remember to hop back on to AC later for villager hunting. (I'm hoping writing it down will help me remember.) Also hoping I stumble on a tarantula island.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

So, just in time to experience the shift to hard, killing frosts every night (-4C or colder...we had -9 the last couple of nights), our furnace stopped working properly, even though it is only a couple of years old. Yaaaaaay! Though actually, having space heaters on is cozy. More than your whole house being heated up evenly as it is supposed to be. It only warms up the room you're in, even just the pocket you aim it at rather than the whole room, but that's okay. It's cuddly, though it makes me sleepy. And we may have it fixed by Friday, if things go smoothly.

It's nice to sit in front of a space heater with a blanket and a handheld gaming system, in the meanwhile. Though SoS feels too high-effort, atm. My brain actually gets a fair bit of exercise while playing that...it's not anything to play before bed, imo. That slot is more for a game like ACNH. Which I still need to check so I can make sure of what Redd's carrying. Just three more. Just threeeeeeee moooooore...!

Not sure what I want to play in this limbo period when I can't continue Grow, but can't yet go on to my next new game, and also am not up for anything high-effort. I want something handheld that I can just half doze-off while holding. (Or maybe even completely doze off!) That's my mood right now. A funny otoge would be great right now, but can't get that until Cupid Parasite or Variable Barricade releases. Just like I didn't get Olympia Soiree, I probably won't get Dairoku...I haven't heard anything bad about them, but they're the type that takes romance too seriously, and it's just the funny/cute/silly ones that I want, now. CP should get a patch soon, to add the properly edited text to two of the routes. They announced a patch on October 29th, saying it'd take about 4 weeks, so it could be any time, now.

EDIT: Got shooting-star island! Oh, and I totally interrupted Kapp'n while he was singing :evil: Saw that some think interrupting him might keep you from getting the good islands, but that's just one of those superstitions that always float around all luck-based things...I interrupted him pronto and I still got ferried to star island. Though I got a Leo Statue DIY card...blah. Of the very few I have, Leo is one of them! Just had to be a repeat when it's so rare for me to get my hands on one of the zodiac recipes. If anyone wants a Leo Statue DIY card, let me know.
greensara
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

I may or may not be getting some more Animal Crossing cards as earlier they were supposedly restocked online for Target, but only shippable with orders of at least $35. Popped a box a diapers in the cart with those packs and it looked like it went through. It would be really great if I did end up getting them as my little brother has given a ton of Animal Crossing cards I didn't have, but he didn't manage to get a single pack on release day because he was working. His birthday is coming up and I'd like to give him a couple packs. :)

Compared to some of the physical deals for Switch recently, the eShop deals are a little disappointing to me. At least Tetris Effect seems to have an okay discount so I may go for that at least. I'm still pretty happy about having Xenoblade in hand and Ys 9 coming probably by the weekend or next week. I'm really excited to try Xenoblade for the first time and hope I like Ys 9 as much as I did 8. My daughter was pretty disappointed Dana wasn't going to be in "the new Adol game", lol. I'm going to wait on starting anything else until I finish Shining Pearl's storyline.

I just finished the fourth gym in Shining Pearl and am really liking it. I am having a hard time with my tradition of trying a new team with each run this time though as there doesn't seem to be a lot of Pokemon available so far that I like that I haven't already used. So far the only permanent members of my team are Luxray (who I didn't like at first, but she's grown on me), Empoleon, Toxicroak, and maybe Bastiodon? I keep swapping out the other slots unable to figure out how I want to round out the team. I hope there will be some kind of GTS or Wonder trade feature eventually as the room trades are pretty meh. The evolution trades and version exclusives have worked out okay with the National Pokedex numbers some people have been using, but not so much for other stuff for me. It would be fine if you actually knew someone else playing to trade with though.

Well, I'm off to take a break from watching my husband wander through the Great Marsh (he just caught a shiny Marill!!) and maybe do some baking.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I will behave myself and not writhe with jealousy over the idea of anyone trying Xenoblade for the first time. Yes, I will. No, really...I will. I'm doing it. Behaving myself!

It might cheer your daughter up to know there's a tiny cameo (not visual, though, not really) of Dana in Monstrum Nox along with a few others from past games...but it's brief and easy to miss, and it has no story impact...it's just a tiny present for players of previous games. If you want to know how to get it, then
Spoiler:
You have to collect and give 80 (of 120 total) Azure Petals to a minor NPC named Margeurite.
Yeah, the Nintendo eshop sales are the pits, this time around. Nothing on my wishlist is on sale at all. :/ I honestly thought at least a few would be. (EDIT: Or it wasn't, an hour ago. Not sure why some appeared in the last hour or two! But I checked again and suddenly 5 items ARE on sale. Nothing I want enough to grab now, though.) Astral Chain is on for 30% off, but I took it off my wishlist a while back because I know full well I probably wouldn't enjoy the darker colour palette and the sci-fi setting and story. Now I just have to remind myself of that, and that I don't really have money to spare this next month anyway.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I'm stuck on Cynthia in BD. They made her even more difficult??? « Snuggly Bunny » hell, I'm actually mad. Her Garchomp cheapshotted my last pokemon when I was just about to nuke her. I went through the trouble of raising a Mamoswine to combat her Garchomp, and it one shots it. Fine, whatever, I have a tanky Gyarados that I used to outlast her tanky Milotic and it was doing just fine until a « Snuggly Bunny » critical hit. I really, really hate wasting my free time on « Male Cow Poopoo », and that was it right there. I'm in the heat of the moment while I type this out, but, « Snuggly Bunny » this. I'm so upset I don't even want to touch my Switch until Legends Arceus now.

The good news is Black Desert is in working condition again and I'm glad to be playing it. Endwalker is in 9 days too, so whatever, may as well just go full PS4 mode. :sleep:

Next Day Edit: Welp, that sure was a tantrum lol. I'm still not going to go back to the game though, not until Pokemon Home is integrated anyways. As I said, I hate wasting time and it'd be a better use of my time to just transfer over some of my previous game's mons and nuke Cynthia at a later date. Less frustration and I can take the game out of my backlog in the mean time. Besides picking at Monster Hunter Rise, I really don't have much of a reason to play my Switch right now anyways, so it does inevitably work out regardless.

In other news; I finally finished all the shared FATEs in FFXIV. That's the good news while the bad news is I still need to do 150 FATEs to grind the currency to get what I need now that it's unlocked. It sucks but, It's doable in probably 3 seperate play sessions, 50 per day. I am so close to being done with this, that should be motivation enough to finish. I will probably cry if Endwalker has the same system in it for unlocking the music scrolls. Please, have mercy.
Chrysalis-Lyn
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I mostly lurk, but I love reading the updates here :lala: I'm playing Brilliant Diamond and SMTV. This is my first Megaten game. I bought it on a whim. It's somehow both challenging & calming? Meanwhile, Pokemon is just comfort food. Anyone picking up games during the eShop sale? I have so much on my backlog that I probably shouldn't.
Harvest Moon kawaii
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Currently playing:

Pokemon Shing Pearl (Switch)

Novena Diabolos (Steam)

Hey, everyone. Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I started self-studying Japanese again.

I've been enjoying playing Pokemon Shining Pearl on the Nintendo Switch. I'm 14 hours in, and about to get the 4th badge. I'm pretty excited for Pokemon Legends Arceus, coming in January 2022.

I also started Novena Diabolos, which I had been waiting for a long time to release in English. It's a Korean horror/mystery visual novel.

I'm trying to play more games to decrease my backlog by focusing on only 1 or 2 games at a time. Although, I did buy some Switch and Steam games I really wanted during the Black Friday sales, because of the good deals.

I also have pre-ordered on Switch, The Kids we Were, Monster Ranch 1 & 2 DX, and Danganronpa Decadence (physical version). I'm also really looking forward to the English release of Rewrite+ by Key, set for a Q4 2021 release on Steam.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Feel free to post more, Chrysalis-Lyn; it's always nice to hear new voices. :)

The game that has been on my Nintendo eshop wishlist the longest (Moon Hunters) went on sale for about 90% off. So I went ahead and got it for a few of my gold points...so it cost me $0. No matter how broke you are, it's hard to say you can't afford $0. :) Thought I might as well, though it's an odd one. Be interesting to finally try it...not sure what to expect.

Suzerain is on sale now, too, but I'm not sure about it, just like I'm not sure about Headliner: NoviNews which is the same kind of build-your-own-adventure game/graphic novel (and it is also on sale.) I feel like it might just end up as a lecture on the dev's personal political views. I don't know what those ARE, but even if they ended up being ones I agreed with, that doesn't sound like a fun game, to me. The idea is really interesting, but I'm afraid the execution might be horrible. Both games have very good reviews, though. I can never take them off my wishlist, but I also can't ever commit to actually buying either of them, lol.

EDIT: Wytchwood! I asked a few posts ago about what December games people are anticipating because I KNOW I've forgotten one of mine, but...maybe it was Wytchwood (due out December 9)? Maybe not, because I still don't feel like I've remembered whatever game it is I'm sure I've forgotten...

EDIT 2: I got the 'Notes' app on Switch for free, too, via a secondary account that I had less than 200 gold points on...it was on for only 98 cents, so...figured I might as well use them and I do take a lot of notes, so why not have an app for it on Switch as well, when I practically use the Switch as my clock, most days? But it's not a game...clearly not going to be part of any backlog.