Backlog 2021

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
Daikon boy
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

might be sick again, but it seems like it's allergies probably. If I am actually sick it's likely just a cold or something similar, but there's a lot of potential allergens that might be existing and I'm always allergic to something. feel bad parts of the day and not so bad others, but it's closer to a general feel bad feeling so. Not really disruptive to my playtime most of the day, and I'm still resting anyways regardless.

Got a copy of story of seasons in the mail, but haven't opened it yet. Might start it up in a few days. That was the last 3ds game I needed in the series and I'm only missing doraemon for the switch and rune factory 2 + 3 and harvest moon ds/ds cute for the ds. I haven't gotten anything for the psp yet at all and still waiting on a wii u. I might not get ds cute if there's no compelling reason to, but if there's enough changes I'll probably grab that one too. I'm only missing a few games so it would be nice to have them and play them eventually. And I need to buy the trip of towns dlc when I can afford to.

Not picking anything else up soon though. Will probably be awhile before I can and then I'm probably getting innocent life and doraemon before anything else. And I have other things to buy before those though unless doraemon drops to a really good price for the switch physical copy.

Hopefully I enjoy the game when I start playing it. I should enjoy, cause, well, it's hm/sos. Need to be in a good mood for a farming game though before I start it I think.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Genji and Clay arrived, and I tested them both and they work. The Genji card is even an authentic original (the Clay card rather clearly is NOT, though.) Scanned Genji into Windfall once already (he's going to replace Hamlet. Genji is adorable in any expression but his neutral one...possibly even cuter than Hamlet himself.)

I haven't booted Gardenia up in ages, but I might as well do so today and get Clay in there in place of Zucker. Clay's just more unique and easier to theme. (No idea how I'd do a yard for a piece of takoyaki! The only thing I could think of was a BBQ. But an overtly Asian zen jock is easy.)

Chipping away at Olive Town. I've lost my interest in it, though. It's not too hard to pick back up for an hour here and there, but it's just not interesting enough to play for a big gaming session, so it's going a bit slow.
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I'm getting these new games, but I don't have the energy or urge to play them. I guess because Shin Megami Tensei V is so close to coming out and I already put money down on a preorder of Rune Factory 5 I'd rather play those games first. Granted, this isn't doing anything for my backlog except increasing it.

Yesterday was productive for Animal Crossing New Horizons. I finally got a DIY recipe I didn't have already, so I'm now only missing 4! I also got the two statues I'm missing in the museum, so I'm just missing 5 paintings! The personalities of the new villagers have been revealed thanks to Pocket Camp getting them first. I'm really interested in getting Tiansheng, Shino, and Quinn. Petri is still up there. I'm also still deciding if I want to change my island or if I want to keep it as is. It's just gonna be a LOT of digging up flowers.

I've been playing Moonglow Bay recently. I wish the missions would be clearer on where to go and what to do, but I'm having fun with this fishing RPG. I've also started Voice of Cards and Ocarina of Time on Switch Online. The former picks up right after the demo, which is nice. The latter plays exactly how I remember playing it on the 64.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Oh wow, I love Voice of Cards. I was expecting to love it regardless due to my Yoko Taro bias, but so far it's less of me liking that it's one of his games, and instead just really adoring how it plays. I have wanted something similar to the 3DS' Crimson Shroud since I first played it ages ago. I loved the simulation of a tabletop game but with a JRPG plot - it's just so cool and strangely immersive! Now I have it again with Voice of Cards and it's just so much fun to dabble in this genre again! I'm really gonna have to look into said genre further because there's most likely more 'tabletop jrpgs' out there, I just haven't been looking especially hard.

I've flipped over all the cards on the first map, got lots of events and treasure, and I'm now diving into the first dungeon. My favorite character is the Narrator as he's got just the right amount of sass mixed with encouragement. My only complaint so far is that I would like the battles to be sped up a little bit, but I've yet to check the options specifically for that, so I might be able to. My game also crashed once after a battle, but I had just saved so it ended up not mattering, but yeah. Oh also, I got the deluxe edition and it comes with all these goodies to skin it as NieR Replicant themed. I'm only using the Wiess game board and Emil player piece, but you can even change the soundtrack to Replicant's music. While that's very tempting, I played the heck out of that game when it released this year, and now I'd like to appreciate this one's music too.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I don't have much to post on, progress-wise, but one of my upcoming games, Cupid Parasite, had some news just today. They somehow missed putting in part of two of the routes (Ryuki's and Raul's) and it's goign to take them an extra 4 weeks to patch that in. They're releasing as planned, but if you're interested in those routes, you'll have to wait another month, approximately. IFI posted about it today.

Thankfully, I was already going to be waiting on CP until December, since I (we all, probably!) have ACNH 2.0 only 3 days later, and then Grow: Song of the Evertree less than two weeks after that. I won't have time to play all of those, so rather than overloading myself, and to spread out my spending, I was going to wait until December for Cupid Parasite...though I didn't want to. Well, now I don't mind so much! I don't stop otoges in the middle...I do every route one after the other. So I'd rather wait until it's all patched up.
It's an almost guaranteed purchase in December, though.

I went ahead and purchased Happy Home Paradise today...with the wrong account. *sigh* Not that it really matters...it's the account I use to play ACNH on my original Switch anyway...it's just not my 'Wallet' account that I share with my Lite and my two sisters' Switches, as well, so that they can download all my stuff and try any of it out via my profile on their own consoles. So...it doesn't impact my ability to play it or anything, but it was a careless mistake even if it doesn't actually have much consequence, so I'm not happy about having done it. It's not one you can get a refund on...perhaps because it pre-loads...so I'll just have to live with it. Wasted gold coins, though, since I'll never use them on my 'Kikki' account.

I'm determined to actually make some progress in Olive Town later today. I did see one more event of Iori's...the 6th or 7th heart event, I guess. The first one after the (very lacklustre, minimal) we're-going-to-start-dating event. I think I may also be able to unlock a seasonal area by the end of autumn (year 1) though. I guess I should go for summer, first. Will have to research crop profits before deciding; I know green pepper is available in both summer and autumn.

One I have Eversun Gardens, I'm really going to need to invest in making some sprinklers. (I haven't bothered with them, so far.) Actually...I hit level 8 in field work last time I played, so I guess I even have the enhanced sprinklers unlocked. I'll probably get those once I can buy them with points at the shrine, rather than now...the basic sprinklers would do just fine at the moment.

Just two more town development events and a few more heart events and I'll be done the game. (It's much longer between dev events now thanks to each one requiring an additional 10,000 points to trigger.)

EDIT: Woo! Got Iori's 8th event (which includes both the 'confession' event and the 'proposal' event...so jut one more heart event and a proposal left pre-marriage.) Also got one more development request completed, so there's only ooooooooone left. Looks like I may be both married and done the story in early Winter Year 1. I'm okay with that. It's...a nice game, but so much less than the previous three. I see that many new players to the series quite like Olive Town, so I guess it's just time to pass on the baton and find myself a different farming-sim series to obsess over.
iLoveSprites75
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

This week has been nuts so there hasn't been much Okami. I played a little last night, but I was distracted, so in total I'm only about 3 hours into the game. I'm hoping to finish it up with speed. Unpacking comes out on Tuesday, which is basically a birthday present to myself since that's all I can really afford. I haven't even upgraded to the Switch Online expansion pass yet, and I'm not buying the Animal Crossing update since I plan to use the expansion pass. Plus, BDSP comes out shortly, but even though I preordered I don't think I'll play it for a bit considering I have played the original thoroughly. Otherwise, Legends Arceus is about the only other thing I can think of that's coming out.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I did it! Got to propose to Iori and turn in the final town development mission, on the same game day, to boot. (Winter 9, Year 1) I have yet to see the actual wedding or the last town development event scene, and I don't know when they'll trigger since there's no change in the calendar, but...that's Olive Town, complete.

I could do all kinds of things, like get every sprite equipped with 100 followers and get all 4 seasonal fields in the process, or get the best tool set, or get the biggest house (I have the 'big' house but there's one more size left, I think.) or stuff like that, but for my purposes (aka marking it off the backlog!) it's done.

That makes 20 games in 21, finished for the first time (I did a couple of replays, too, but didn't count them.) I'll probably have Grow as my 21st game, so I can say 21 in '21. (Not that I'll actually say that out loud, lol.)

I could move on to One World, but I don't feel like jumping into a second farming sim I only half like, right on top of Olive Town. I don't think I'll bother with any more backlog games this year...I'll play ACNH 2.0 and Grow, and chip away at any bits left I may want to do in Olive Town, and just replay favourite bright, colourful, outdoorsy games going into winter. So that finishes me for the year, pretty much! In terms of games I already have on hand, at least.
simside
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

I started playing Shantae this week, the GBC one. I have all 5 on Switch, and have beaten them all multiple times on other systems, but I've only really played bonus loops/content on Risky's Revenge. So I decided to 100% them all, then go back to each and play the alternate modes. I've cleared Pirate's Curse, Half Genie Hero, and Seven Sirens so far. Risky's Revenge and Shantae came out together, and I decided to tackle the original first.

I beat it when it came out on GBC, and played it again on VC and didn't beat it, but couldn't quite remember why (it's very short). I remember now. ^_^;;; It's really unfairly hard, and the other games are a lot better. The beginning, for whatever reason, is more unfair than the dungeons and the other areas. I thought I was just getting used to it, but no... the area next to the starter town has multiple enemies that spawn on top of you, with some undodgeable attacks. The area on the other side of town has enemies I usually avoid in later games, because they take 5+ hits (at night, 10+) hits to kill.

I'm on the third of four dungeons, after replaying the Rottytops race for about an hour last night. I should be able to beat it this weekend, unless clearing out all the items takes longer than I remember.

Other than that... Animal Crossing. A LOT of Animal Crossing. I've been trying to get the Spooky recipes, but I don't think I'm going to make it. I'm missing four - garland, carriage, table setting, and wand. I think Jack hands out the carriage, but I've been hunting balloons and the timed villager DIYs for days for the others. I started getting duplicates yesterday. I'm also hoping I have enough candy. I kept forgetting to buy it, and I accidentally ate a piece yesterday. I also forgot to check the store for Spooky floor and wall until yesterday, thinking those were recipes too. Bummer!

Still playing a bit of One World on weekends, but not very much. I like hunting the mutations enough to keep going back, but Animal Crossing scratches the same itch.

Animal Crossing is taking up a ton of my gaming (and other ^_^;) time, though there's still a couple games I want to play before the end of the year.

- Labyrinth of Refrain - playing because I bought it, but I'm kinda dreading it now. It should be a 30ish hour game, so I'm hoping to clear it out before mid-November.

- The second Ace Attorney Chronicles

- Pokemon BDSP - Giving this one a priority, since Pokemon really hasn't grabbed me since ORAS, so I will be playing it less than...

- SMTV, which releases within a day of BDSP. I will probably be playing this for 150+ hours. I enjoy completing these immensely, and am super addicted to this series, but they are often SO FRUSTRATING. I am looking forward to hating the game and myself for every second of it.

- Shantae: Risky's Revenge - I had originally planned to beat all of these before the end of the year. Risky's Revenge in theory only takes a few hours to 100% (I played it a lot to speedrun on PC), so I could do it in an afternoon, but between Animal Crossing and SMT/Pokemon, I may push this back.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Simside...if you started getting duplicates from your villagers, you probably have all the ones they can give. And you can't buy the floor or wall in the store, nor can you craft them...they're among the 7 items you can only get on Halloween itself. To break it down, you can get 13 Spooky pieces before Halloween, either by buying them in store, or by getting a DIY recipe from a villager. But there are 7 other pieces in addition to those. I put it all behind a cut, here, in case you're avoiding spoilers.
Spoiler:
  • Buy item in store or get DIY from villager (13):
  • Arch
  • Candy Set
  • Chair
  • Fence (this can ONLY be gotten as a DIY from a villager...not available for purchase in store)
  • Lantern
  • Lantern Set
  • Scarecrow
  • Standing Lamp
  • Table
  • Tower
  • Treats Basket
  • Tree
  • Trick Lamp
  • Items you must get by trick-or-treating (5):
  • Garland
  • Rug
  • Table Setting
  • Wall
  • Floor
  • Items you can only get from Jack (2):
  • Wand
  • Carriage
If you ARE missing some, let us know. There are probably some of us who can send what you're missing. The item at least, if not a DIY card. Feel free to post trading requests in the AC thread. :)
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

simside wrote:Labyrinth of Refrain - playing because I bought it, but I'm kinda dreading it now. It should be a 30ish hour game, so I'm hoping to clear it out before mid-November.
Mmmm, there's a game I loved to watch rather than play. I bought it and got to a point where I was going to have to grind my « Mr.Gourmet's hat » off and ended up looking up the rest on Youtube. Story was fantastic as were the characters, the music, ect, but the gameplay was a little too old school. Still kinda want to buy the sequel though to support the company...

Anyways, hope you enjoy it!

---

I stayed up past midnight gaming. It was mostly Voice of Cards with a little bit of Stardew to top it off. I probably won't be playing Stardew as much now because everything that's left that I want to do is grinding materials. Not sure if I really want to or not, but I did fix up my farm and give it paths. My main thing is that I REALLY want to raise dinosaurs, but the dinosaur egg is ever so elusive, and I'm tired of trying to find it daily. So, a break is in order.

Voice of Cards continues to be amusing. I reached chapter 5 and I have a full party now plus I think I've been correctly doing every side quest. Some of the character's interactions made me gigglesnort, but the narrator is still my favorite character. I'm not sure how long this game is, but most people on Steam who are leaving reviews are anywhere from 10-20 hours on record, which suits me fine. I don't want anything too long right now so close to the Animal Crossing update.

Speaking of, I'm currently waiting now for 5pm to roll around so I can do the Halloween event. Got my candy ready and my witch outfit on my wand!
iLoveSprites75
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Didn't get the chance to play much Okami this weekend, but I'm hoping to kick myself in the rear to play after work this week ... However, Unpacking comes out Tuesday. I've played the demo 3 times. There's only 8 houses though, so honestly I'm sure it won't take long to play. :( After that, I really do have to finish Okami. I'm not getting anywhere in my backlog. I'll be lucky if I'm done by the end of 2022 :lol:
simside
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Ahh, thank you Kikki! Your list was super helpful! I kept finding lists of DIY and Spooky items, but had a hard time trying to figure out if some were event-exclusive, etc. I played so much trying to get the balloons, etc this week. I wound up getting everything I needed during the event (which was super-cute! the best one I've played in NH), but I may post some requests over in the AC thread later. I've mostly played and traded in NH with coworkers who were more casual players, so item trading was a little hit-and-miss.
Bluie wrote: Mmmm, there's a game I loved to watch rather than play. I bought it and got to a point where I was going to have to grind my « Mr.Gourmet's hat » off and ended up looking up the rest on Youtube. Story was fantastic as were the characters, the music, ect, but the gameplay was a little too old school. Still kinda want to buy the sequel though to support the company...
It looks really good, and it has so many positive reviews, but the grinding is worrying me! Sometimes I'm in the mood, but I'm just as likely to never pick a game up again when faced with several hours of it. I want to like it better than Etrian Odyssey, which is a series I really enjoyed, but I only actually finished a couple of those. Mostly I liked the mechanics, but some of it haunts me, like getting soft-locked due to lack of money to heal.

I didn't realize there was a sequel! It's nice that there's something to look forward to if I really enjoy it.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

No problem, simside :) People here on Fogu don't tend to trade, ime...they just give you whatever you want, if they happen to have it and can spare it. We have a very easy-going situation here. The biggest issue is to get friended by the people you want to share stuff with and schedule that first visit. So easy to trade after that, once you can just mail stuff to each other!

~

I'm in a nice situation right now, with gaming. I don't need to play ANYTHING for the rest of the year; having hit 20 games, and knowing for sure I'll finish at least one more game this year (Cupid Parasite in December is almost a guarantee since even big otoges take a week at most, even if Grow in two weeks turns out to be long enough to take more than a month to finish...which I doubt.)

So for the rest of the year, I don't *have* to play anything in particular. I can just pick at whatever I want. Cricket marries Iori tomorrow, in-game, so I'll definitely play at least a little more Olive Town, but other than 10-15 minute per day of ACNH, and the occasional peek in on my FT farm, that's all I've been doing lately. Olive Town is an okay game to play aimlessly, as you always have sprites to collect, distribute, and put into unlocking special locations...and then the remainder of the fish, photos and treasures for the museum. I don't feel like getting serious about those things but I might once in a while wander back into the game and get a bit of it done casually.

Though I bet I'll be putting a couple of hours per day into ACNH once 2.0 hits, at least for a week, though I think it'll scale down relatively quickly and be something I can put an hour into every day for hopefully about two months. For now it feels nice to be able to pick games up or ignore them as I please, since I'm not aiming for any more completions this year.

~

Doing well health-wise, too! Lots of aches but I'll just keep trying to find ways to deal with them and keep going. My abdomen is already nicely tightened in from all the standard and reverse crunches, and I think a stronger core makes things better for my neck. Now if only I could strengthen my lower back this easily! But it's COLD out now...even with the sun fully out it was 4C while I was out walking...I need to find mittens that fit me properly. And to finally make and install the door for the greenhouse. The temps have dropped enough that locking any warm air inside is now necessary.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Trying to finish Voice of Cards before Friday. Currently on chapter 6/7 and in the chapter's dungeon (every chapter has one that usually finishes off said chapter). Work is being ridiculous per usual, so I'm really beat when I get home / don't have a lot of time before I have to go back to sleep to go to work again. I don't even have a day off til Friday, which is exhausting to think about, but November+December are nightmare months for my job so this isn't all that surprising.

Finding the motivation to finish the shared FATEs in FFXIV is going to be really hard methinks.
iLoveSprites75
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Unpacking was an absolutely phenomenal game. A masterpiece, even! Finished it in about three hours. I soooo wish I had more. </3