Backlog 2021

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Spent most of my evening last night rearranging my desk to give my computer some more breathing room, and I think it helped. Got all but the two final encounters in the Inazuma story in Genshin done, and I just knocked those out! :D And there's still time to do the music event - yay. (There's still other issues with the computer going on but overheating was definitely speeding up its death, its done waaay better the last couple of times I've used it.)

Might have to take a bit of a step back from watching streamers of the game, though. They've all got this really serious issue of binging the game's content and then spending weeks whining about how there's no content. I understand they're trying to make a living on this « Cow Poopoo » but, you should have figured out what you were getting yourself into like 6 months ago, alright? I and the vast majority of filthy casuals have not even gotten all of the chests in the OTHER regions let alone this one. Sheesh.

Super proud of all the animators at Mihoyo now, too. By the end of the Liyue campaign and CERTAINLY all throughout the Inazuma one they're pushing borderline sakuga with their cinematography. If anything ever does happen to this game (or company), and I guess in the future, I really hope they have luck going on to some awesome jobs putting to use what they've learned. They've all really, really grown over the last year.

It's a little early for me but I THINK I'm gonna start back to Animal Crossing tomorrow... mostly to sink my teeth back into the stalk market - we'll be needing a lot of money soon, but I figure I can get on right around noon to check both morning/afternoon prices and spend those few minutes checking who's on the island and doing a little cleanup.

I'll still putter a little more in One World, but I got the last of my marriage candidate events and marriage done. There's a couple little pacing issues with the game but I think overall for how little effort I put into friendship until RIGHT at the end it was paced really well, very easy to get knocked out right as I finished up the story.

Event spoilers in the tag.
Spoiler:
I was between Jamil and Sami - tldr I think Jamil fits FemC better, but I like Sami better, and the bit in Jamil's last event where he goes caveman to spirit you away from men who 'how dare they talk to my woman' >:| scratched him off my list.

I DO give Natsume props for having him come back and apologize later, though. I don't think we see that enough in media - people being stupid, realizing they were stupid and apologizing for it. Proud.
Daikon boy
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Got my preorders all set for rune factory 5, smt v and Pokemon legends. Hoping it all goes well and there aren't any issues down the line, with moving and all. It's slightly more complicated than normal. There's a couple more games that just came out or are coming out I'm looking at picking up later down the line (or maybe hopefully getting as gifts) but not going to purchase those right away. Very likely not purchasing anything until sometime later next month if not later.

Haven't played anything yet today. I still want to play my ps4 and ys ix. It'll be really nice when I can again. I've got handheld games to play instead though and I am really enjoying those games too.
iLoveSprites75
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I've put my DS away for the time being. Now on to Ōkami, on Switch. I had it on my Xbox but never got to play before I ended up getting rid of it. I also have Ōkamiden for DS, so I plan to play these two in succession, and together the main stories should take about 60 hours, which is the length of some of the games I have to complete yet too - so why not knock out two for one for now?
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I didn't think I'd get any gaming done today as I just wasn't in the mood. Perhaps because I'm so, so sore, lol, with my left sciatic region twinging away. The workout yesterday was very nice, it felt good and I enjoy exercise, and I'd call it minimal to boot...I mean, was that even REALLY a workout when I barely got even slightly out of breath and my muscles never burned?...but perhaps my body is always so full of inflammation in general that that little bit of extra caused by workouts puts it over the top.

I may simply have to resign myself to being in pain for about 3 months to get to a decent (though rather minimal) level of overall fitness, and then just maintain it there. Hrmph. Guess we'll see, but for now I'm trying to psyche myself up for a few months of constant low-level pain. It'd be worth it in the long run, if that can get me in acceptable basic condition.

But anyway, I did eventually get to gaming. I didn't really WANT to pick Olive Town back up, but I shrugged and pressed A anyway, and when it loaded, it was easy to just start doing stuff again, as this game is very uncomplicated and you don't need to multi-task much at all. (I LIKE the complicatedness of this series on 3DS, it's what I'm missing here, as it makes the game feel so shallow, but...at least this makes Olive Town easy to pick back up after weeks away.)

I got the 6th town development request completed. I also got my house expanded from log cabin to small house (I needed the fridge space desperately!) and I got a golden watering can and have the materials set aside for a gold hammer but I need to make a bit more cash first as the house and watering can used up nearly all of my money. I also got the final field quality upgrade from the shrine, and I got my motorcycle fixed up at last. So pretty good for an hour or two of playing!
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Ughhh, brain is mush again. Got the Inferno Jacket in FFXIV. Spent the whole day running Praetorium and reading more books during the long unskipable cutscenes. Gonna probably not start up shared FATEs again until next week.

Earlier in the day I was looking up all the FFXIV merch that comes with codes for in game items (mostly the plushies) and I stumbled upon actual Legend of Mana merch that's releasing in December; a plush of Lil Cactus and two music boxes. I immediately preordered the plush and my preferred music box. It's not often a niche game I love gets official merch or even fanmade stuff, so I am NOT missing out on this!

Welp, time to get my laundry out of the dryer and then go to bed. :zzz:
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Didn't spend much time in Animal Crossing earlier, mostly weeding and plucking flowers I didn't mean to, so I could have time for the new Genshin event I was wanting to play...

Aaand for that I'm very happy. I'm torn on the voice actor choices between Eng/Jap for the event's central character. Never been less sure of which I like better! They're both good, and give the character a completely different feel. The whole story is very cute, the combat is engaging and fun. By the end with all of the charms it's WAY too easy, but very fun. Super happy I managed to get into it. <3

I'm imagining the whole thing was planned for the Japanese fanbase (apparently Childe sales in Japan exceeded Venti sales...for reference). I'll be surprised if this has any connection to the main story, but who knows. We'll find out soon enough.

Now to watch a Contrapoints stream and get some drawing done!
Daikon boy
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Decided to start ys seven and have played about two and a half hours so far. I think I could probably finish it by next month if I played it every day, but I don't think I'll be keeping up with that. I'm still not using my psp that much yet, but I'm enjoying the game and using my psp a little more. going to try to get in another two hours tomorrow so I'll need to pick it up at a good time so I can focus. I needed to install another game on my ps4 soon anyways, so I can play it in the meantime while I wait to continue ys ix.

Also forgot that I got almost 10$ off the earthmate edition of rune factory 5. It comes out to I think only 11$ more than the regular copy. I might even be able to get some money off of some other games too hopefully, though not very much. Might be a few games I'll consider buying next month if that works out. Looking at xenoblade 2 maybe, since its so expensive and it'd be nice to get a new copy of it for a slightly more reasonable price. I can't imagine it will get any cheaper in the future.

I haven't actually bought a used switch game yet. Don't know why because probably at least half my ds games are used but. I prefer new copies for the switch I guess. For some reason. Maybe because the saves are all tied up in one console instead of lots of different cartridges.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I’ve been trying to play Hometown Story but I have no clue what to do besides play shop. I talk to neighbors but nothing really happens. I just want to get into the plot already.

I experienced a weird glitch yesterday. I couldn’t enter my bedroom or exit my house, I thought it was my 3DS, but turning it on and off helped.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

My resources (money and ingots, mainly) have been precious...I find mining very slow going to get the resources, which I don't mind so much, but these makers are a real bottleneck for time (I feel that makers have artificially slowed down the game, basically putting a timer on players who on their own would be much faster. Like they're stretching out thin content this way. Not thrilled by it.)

Anyway, I finally got a beehive made, which means I can get as many more as I want, now. (Though I've yet to get any more than the single mushroom log I unlocked ages ago!) I always mean to dedicate my resources to other things, but urgent needs come up. Right now, that's a new big barn, as I just got two new animals...some kind of rabbity creature and a...llama or something of the kind. And I can see two MORE animals out there...goats or something...but my barn is full, so a new one is required ASAP.

Haven't even begun breeding these critters yet, to get products above 3-star quality (that seems to be where you're capped with the first gen of animals). I guess I can keep my original barn for the space for breeding purposes. I don't actually know how many animals exist in this game. *goes and looks it up* Ah, okay...about 14? Ugh, WHY didn't they let us put rabbits in coops, instead of with these huge barn animals? There are only TWO coop birds...such a waste to pack every other type of animal all into barns! Well, I guess I'll never need two coops, lol. Even with breeding, just the one should do.

Anyway, I'm getting loads accomplished in the game, at this point. Got a big field of makers and the barns/coops moved out of the first area...using the entire first area for crops (and a small field of trees.)

Money is slow in this game, I find. Even with loads of green peppers planted. I'd heard the opposite, but it's not what I'm finding to be the case. Oh, and I think I have a glitch. The motorcycle sound now goes CONSTANTLY, even when my it's turned off and I'm inside the house, or otherwise nowhere near it. It turns off for cutscenes and that is it. Haven't yet rebooted the game to see if that'll stop it. I hope so.
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Anonymous Fish wrote:I’ve been trying to play Hometown Story but I have no clue what to do besides play shop. I talk to neighbors but nothing really happens. I just want to get into the plot already.

I experienced a weird glitch yesterday. I couldn’t enter my bedroom or exit my house, I thought it was my 3DS, but turning it on and off helped.
It sounds like you're either not buying or not selling the game's 'key items'. Some things you have to get from characters in game or pick up in the world but most turn up with the daily (I think he's daily) merchant.

The story is all set in these micro-stories from the villagers, some of which I believe have to be triggered to get different villagers to move in and unlock other stories. The Hometown Story wiki has a comprehensive list, and it'll tell you what to do with every item you can pick up: https://hometownstory.fandom.com/wiki/Key_Items

Hope this helps!
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Monster Crown finally updated!!! Gonna play it again and keep on going with the story!

I'm in a writing mood today though, so maybe later...
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

You know, I really like that Olive Town is so easy to pick back up. But I think the reason it's so easy to pick back up is also the reason why it's not compelling to do so...why it's so easy to put down in the first place. It really does feel like a mobile game, to me, not a full-blown, intended-for-marathon-play-sessions dedicated gaming console game. The events come to mind. They're cute events, mostly, but rather shallow, and the real problem I have is that you don't matter in any of them. Even love events! Your response is meaningless. No matter what you choose, it's all the same. The events don't care about me at all, and so, in return, I do not care about them.

It has some really fun gameplay in it, but it's the kind that feels really entertaining while you're in the midst of it, but is so utterly forgettable that it leaves no impression behind at all. I was at the Fireworks festival a bit ago, and I can't remember a second of it. Did anything even happen? There's plenty to like in the game, but nothing to love. It's an entertaining acquaintance, but not an actual friend.

Well, I am progressing, though, pretty well, I think. I still need a LOT more gold (and money) to get all my tools up to gold level, but I have the Big Barn and Big Coop and have even started breeding the animals, at last. I also got Cricket to start dating Iori. He's totally my type...elegant and a bit understated and quiet in his ways, like Sanjay and Yuzuki, but this game didn't make me feel anything for him.

I got all the sprites unlocked, too, all stamina from the shrine, and all field quality upgrades, so...I guess that means I have 200+ now. After this I can work on the seasonal fields or whatever you call those things, but that's going to take quite a while since they require 100 apiece. I don't think I'm going to last long enough with this game to get all of them unlocked.

I'll play until I complete the 'story' (which is painfully unsatisfying and without depth, to me) and get married. I've currently done...7 or 8 of the town development missions. So I'm not too far off being done the story. I think I'll be finished that within the first in-game year. (IRL, I think I may even be done before November rolls in.) I'll probably also be married by then, though I was considering holding off to be able to see all events both while dating and then while married, but...they just aren't anything special, so it's probably not worthwhile to do so.

I like it better than Friends of Mineral Town, but that's not saying much. I already had my wedding date set in that game and couldn't bring myself to play long enough to see it!

If the next Bokumono game looks like it'll be a repeat of this one, I will have to respectfully pass the controller on to the next generation of farming sim players, because it won't be for me, any more. I do hope the massive amount of feedback will steer them in a direction I can appreciate more, but if it doesn't, well...sometimes you and your favourite series grow apart. (Like me and Tales.) At least a load more indies are coming out, now, so I may be able to find something to fill the hole.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Mikodesu wrote:
Anonymous Fish wrote:I’ve been trying to play Hometown Story but I have no clue what to do besides play shop. I talk to neighbors but nothing really happens. I just want to get into the plot already.

It sounds like you're either not buying or not selling the game's 'key items'. Some things you have to get from characters in game or pick up in the world but most turn up with the daily (I think he's daily) merchant.

The story is all set in these micro-stories from the villagers, some of which I believe have to be triggered to get different villagers to move in and unlock other stories. The Hometown Story wiki has a comprehensive list, and it'll tell you what to do with every item you can pick up: https://hometownstory.fandom.com/wiki/Key_Items

Hope this helps!
Thanks. For some reason I didn’t even think to look for a wikia. Of course it has a wiki. Every series does
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I've finished up Mass Effect 3 once again, so I'm all set to play Voice of Cards on Thursday.

Moonglow Bay came out today on Steam. I like fishing in games, so I was interested in this. I thought the fishing would be really extensive and I wouldn't like it like other fishing RPGs, but this is pretty different and simple to play. I like it and look forward to playing it more.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I (surprisingly) beat Monster Crown. Turns out my strategy of only recruiting bosses made me super over powered. I not only killed the boss that was meant to be one of those 'no matter what you do in the battle, the boss default wins in the following cutscenes', but the final boss, while being 20 levels above me, was still easily taken down. I have heard that there's more to do in post game, but I think I'm done with this one.

It gave me 10 hours of fun nostalgia and frustrations that come with buying and unoptimized indie game. I loved the way it looks, plays, sounds, but the technical difficulties I kept running into put a real damper on my overall fun. Having to wait for the patch AND THEN it would not stop crashing on me after the fact! I had a moment yesterday of "If this game crashes ONE MORE TIME, I'm dropping it like a hot potato", because I was about to LOSE IT. Crashed when I try to breed monsters, crash when I try to interact with a door, crash when I touch a NPC, crash after a boss fight, crash for using one of the in-game abilities to solve a puzzle -I could go on and on. It made me just want to rush to the end instead of taking my time and enjoying everything. I honestly can't recommend the game until it's in a better state.

The only other thing I have a bit of beef with is the story. It felt at times trying to be too edgy and there's a lot of unexplained things that I guess get explained in post game??? It IS cool though that it has a split path storyline that vastly changes post game (it's good or evil, essentially) but I hadn't spent enough time with these characters that were yelling at me to pick a side. Instead of thinking that I should chose my favorite or choose which side I personally believed is better, I just ended up looking up what the differences were online and chose to be good. I felt nothing towards the emotional credits scene because I feel nothing towards the character in question. I spent like 20 min tops with them in the entire game. I feel like they were trying to do a Lance from Pokemon G/S/C, but it's execution was way, WAY off.

Anyways, back to whatever. Voice of Cards unlocks soon!