Backlog 2021

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
Simply Unknown
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

I was considering picking up Pokemon Snap for myself after seeing some of the gameplay. I'm looking for a more laid-back game with an easy story, but the negative reviews put me off. I'm glad that you're enjoying it at least, Bluie.

As for me, I'm mainly waiting for SMT Nocturne to be released late this month and going through Genshin of course. The new housing mechanics are...interesting to say the least. At least it makes grinding up points for the Battle Pass easy enough. I also got a mix of luck today. Pulled on the Zhongli banner, not really expecting much. Got a third Bennett constellation (great), a Diona (which sucks since she's at max constellation), a Yanfei (awesome and who I was mainly pulling for), and a Keqing at 27 pulls! Even better, I have over 90 wishes still saved so the next time a banner comes along with a 5 star I really want, I'm guaranteed to get it! And Keqing is a character I didn't have so I'm really happy with her!

Zhongli would have been great, but I'm not complaining about a really early 5-star pull for a character I don't have, and it's not like I have any great spears anyways. Thanks for coming home Keqing!
Daikon boy
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I've played through the first two dungeons so far in zwei. I need to go back and find the spots I couldn't access before but can now. Just wish it was really easy to find them, because I'm not sure that I'll be able to remember them all on my own or find them without redoing the whole dungeon again which i do not want to do. I really like the game though. I just want to keep playing it. I don't love dungeon crawlers that much so it's surprising I want to keep playing it as badly as I do. I'd never played a falcom game before this year/the end of the last month of last year which is when i got tokyo xanadu, i think. I guess i just like falcom games??

I need to save up some money to buy some things too next time I play. I don't like how little food drops, especially when it's big reward for something and they just give you, one cheese...like I can do anything with that, and that's even a good reward. They could at least give me stacks of ten for something like that. As it is it feels like I got completely skiffed on the reward. I did all that work, and they just give me a single slice of cheese and expect me to be excited about it????
Daikon boy
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

@kikki

To be fair, mystery dungeon and ranger both are very story heavy spin offs and some of the games can run a bit short (original ranger for example) but some of them are definitely longer than the main series.
I replayed shadows of almia and pmd explorers of time/sky/darkness a lot as a kid, and I loved the characters and the stories. I loved all of the ds ranger and pmd games as a kid but those were my favorite. I'd say mystery dungeon is more story heavy than ranger, (maybe especially the first one? I remember almia having a lot of story. The first game is mostly just shorter than mystery dungeon.) Generally speaking, the spinoffs that actually have a story and aren't just something like a puzzle game are pretty good.

I wouldn't expect that of pokemon snap though. I wasn't even sure if it had a story at all. I've been wondering about that for awhile, if there's an actual story, and dialogue to it or not, so I'd love to know more about that if somebody has that information.
iLoveSprites75
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I've made a huge mistake. Got my copy of Pokémon Snap yesterday. Husband was leaving the state for the weekend to visit family, friend was going to come stay with me. Ended up letting him take the copy of Snap with him because my friend brought her GameCube and we had quite a few multiplayer games. She ended up leaving instead of sleeping over because she started feeling sick. So now husband won't be back until tomorrow afternoon or evening and I do not have my copy of Snap. LOL. What a mistake, I doubt now he would even have time to play...
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

That's one benefit of digital. I had my own normal account, once. But when we got my sister her own Switch, she didn't want to buy the games for herself. So I changed my account name to 'Wallet' and made myself a new player account ('Kikki') to actually play with. Completely stopped playing on Wallet and only used it to make purchases for my original Switch. Then I was able to put 'Wallet' on my sister's Switch as well, and if she wants to play any of the games I bought, she can download them to her own Switch. She'll only ever be able to play them as Wallet, but since I no longer use that profile, she can. All profiles on my own Switch can play the games any time they want because the purchase is native to this Switch.

So we can even be playing the same digital copy of the same game at the same time, as long as she is playing as Wallet and I am playing as Kikki.

~

Used up some resources, but it was TOTALLY worth it to build a second barn just to house that disgusting pervert stalker horse. I will never feed that horse ever again...it'll be used for instant transport ONLY (and probably not all that often even for that...only when I'm in a time crunch.) I like to pretend that dreadful horse doesn't exist at all. Worst horse in the history of the series! Not like there's any point in being nice to it; it doesn't have a stress bar or any health to worry about it, and it's so creepy. It's like those stalkers who you are nice to ONCE, in some tiny way, and all of a sudden they're dangerously obsessed with you and won't give you any space. Yarg, how I hate that monster wearing the disguise of an ugly, short-legged equine creature. It makes my skin crawl.

I'm only about 30,000 shy of unlocking all 5 regular vendors in a few game days, when Fall rolls in. It'll be a loooong wait to get vendors 6 and 7, though. I really need that second field already, but then, I can't afford to have any more farming plots than I do now, as I don't have enough stamina and I don't have access to higher-level tools than the normal ones and a few copper ones, right now.

I am being kept excessively busy in-game right now. I'm worried about fall since I'll have a huge plot of sweet potatoes on the go as well as a giant swath of fodder grass. I really need the rest of those copper level tools, and some silver to start on the silver-level ones as soon as I can. But I'll finally have access to the mining point in a few more days, plus those other three vendors. It's going to be very busy on my 3DS soon.

Feels a bit hectic, tbh. I should probably scale back but I'm never satisfied until I'm working at maximum efficiency.

~

EDIT: Got 4 friends playing Pokemon Snap right now :) I figured Shan would be playing the Miitopia Demo, and look at that, there she is...playing that very thing. I also have that demo but I haven't tried it out, yet. Got thoroughly distracted by SoS(1). This game has some problems but the pacing is pretty great for the first two years.
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Not even sure when I last posted. Been WATCHING a lot of Pokemon Snap? It may have been too tall an order, but if this game had been Bugsnax but Pokemon Snap, I'd have been all over it. The Bandai devs did an awfully good job with the animations though. Even some of the uglier Pokemon are just adorable.

--
I played a little more One World on the day Genshin was down for its update, and since then it's been nothing but Genshin. I don't play games for more than an hour a day and...if people were whining about not enough content, well you've got content, you can shut up now. I haven't even tried either of the new bosses yet. Too much to do.

I do love the housing system - even if my PC doesn't. My desktop is a lemon and has had issues for...most of its working life but I can't imagine a PS4 would like the number of assets you can dump in the housing system very much.

It's like Pocket Camp, but Genshin. It's just gonna take a while to build up a stash of furniture that'll be worth spending time arranging. And when I do...I'm swapping over to keyboard/mouse. I still cannot for the life of me figure out how you're supposed to pick up furniture with a gamepad. I see no prompts. I have pushed all the buttons. Highlighting things gives me no new prompts.

Has anybody else tried the combat portion of the event quest yet? I used the team I've been using for the new domain and I'd say at level 80 the Vishaps hit about as hard as the level 90 domain ones. Unless I get some mystical artifacts before the event's over that unique name card is already gone. Ah, well. Designed for whales, whatcha gonna do.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Mikodesu says a funny word.

Kikki Googles the funny word. (By her own choice, not because Mikodesu made her do it.)

Kikki falls down an indie rabbit hole...and emerges ~some time later~ with 3 new games on her PS4 wishlist.

Let this be a lesson to all those terrible people who callously go around saying 'just Google it!' to people who are curious about one little thing. Google is a portal to other dimensions and you don't know where the hapless person you send through it may end up!
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Wow, I can't get over how soothing Pokemon Snap is. Last week when I finally got a day off and I went in hard on NieR Replicant, I was so overstimulated I didn't sleep for two days afterwards. This happens semi often to me, as I'm very easily stimulated and both images and music can stick with me for days, endlessly looping until my brain finally files them away with everything else. Eventually, the game I'm playing becomes part of the normalcy and it doesn't trigger anything anymore. For example; Final Fantasy XIV used to keep me up, especially when I was doing a very flashy raid over and over, but now it doesn't because my brain classifies it as 'same old', even with new content.

NieR Replicant is a VERY stimulating game - less on the graphics and more on the music, but then again, I was seeing the bullet patterns of bosses when I closed my eyes. This stimulate insomnia is something I just have more or less gotten used to. It's inevitable with a new game, especially one with addicting gameplay, stellar soundtrack, or flashy graphics. It sucks, it's frustrating, but I can deal with it, especially when it usually only lasts a day or two.

With New Pokemon Snap though, it's so relaxing that even though I had my eyeballs glued to it yesterday, it slept like a freaking baby last night - a whole 8 hours! It's just such a nice chill relaxing tour with nothing BLAM, if your face or no overly catchy tunes. I was worried I was going to be in for another sleepless night, but nope, I was out light a light!

Kinda hoping that NieR has been more or less 'filed' away by now, because I want to get back into it tomorrow (a day off at the start of the week?! NANI???) and start working towards finishing it. I have until July for my next release (Monster Hunter Stories 2), but man, do I ever want my current pile of games to be gone before then. I hope I can manage it, because I don't like juggling all these titles with my lack of free time. Someone tweeted this and wow, it's exactly me right now:
Spoiler:

The goal would be to get everything done so I can leisurely pick at my mainstay games while I slowly play through Dragon's Dogma, but we'll see if that ends up happening. All 5 of the endings in NieR Replicant are going to be the hardest thing to accomplish, because long game is long. Thankfully everything else on my plate is relaxing or just reading.
Daikon boy
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Managed to also grab final fantasy ix and ys vi. I really wanted to grab the first zwei game, but I figured it would make more sense to get final fantasy since I'm already playing the second zwei game and I'm probably not going to play both of them at the same time so I'd either be pausing the one I'm playing to play through the first or wait until i finish the second one to play through the first. And there's always a chance I might want a break from the dungeon crawling puzzles in these games. Final fantasy is also longer so there's that too. I'd have gotten them both but i definitely can't do that.

Played a little bit more of zwei but I still need to find the one location I couldn't get to before, and also find out if what I think might be a sidequest is actually a sidequest. I took a break for breakfast instead of progressing further.
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I'm enjoying my time in the Lental Region. It's definitely better than the original. I don't get some of the negative reviews on it; the controls are similar to the 64 version to let veterans play okay while also accepting newcomers. There are day and night cycles to go through, different levels of each area so there's new stuff once your research level increases after taking more photos.

All in all, I definitely like it. I'm a little disappointed by how long it takes to beat it (it's pretty short), but I'm enjoying my time. Probably can finish this and maybe a game in my backlog before Mass Effect Legendary Edition comes out.
Daikon boy
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Played half an hour of ys vi. I like it so far. I'm barely into the game so I'll have to see how I feel about it later on. I got lost pretty fast because the compass (???) Doesn't have the letters printed on it and there is no map and i did not learn west from east in first grade. I sort of vaguely know them but not really, so it's completely useless when that's the only direction they give me and there's nothing to guide me.
I didn't realize I was going to be murdering squirrels though, bloodstains and everything. Not that that puts me off the game or anything, it was just very unexpected. I have a feeling there are going to be a lot of dead squirrels in my future.

Don't know if I'll have a chance to play final fantasy before I need to sleep. I think I'm too tired to focus and play, so I'll have to try that out and continue my other games tomorrow I think.
Simply Unknown
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Pokemon Snap arrived today so I've been playing for a couple of hours. Switch is recharging now, but I love it! It's easy and fun and just plain pretty to look at! I haven't left the first course yet because you can't give me side-quests and not expect me to try and complete them immediately, game! Don't push me to that jungle, I need to get the Emolga to shock those nuts and watch a Pidgeot catch a Magikarp out of thin air!

Also, can I just say there is no greater feeling than finding a new Pokemon and that first picture you submit getting rated diamond? Nothing cooler!
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote:Mikodesu says a funny word.

Kikki Googles the funny word. (By her own choice, not because Mikodesu made her do it.)

Kikki falls down an indie rabbit hole...and emerges ~some time later~ with 3 new games on her PS4 wishlist.

Let this be a lesson to all those terrible people who callously go around saying 'just Google it!' to people who are curious about one little thing. Google is a portal to other dimensions and you don't know where the hapless person you send through it may end up!
Ayy~ :lol: That's what makes Fogu so fun though! And why even if I'm only lurking I'm here pretty much every day. Glad to see you found a few curiosities!

--
Two days in a row of my computer not acting up -- hooray~ Can't say the same for my body, though. If it weren't for the sore throat I'd be sure I'm just having a terrible bout of allergies, but. Whatever this is, it's obnoxious.

Good « Harvest Goddess » the Stormterror fight is the worst boss in Genshin. The story version is pretty cool, and perfectly acceptable to take as long as it does. Down time the boss fight. Looks cool, terrible waste of time. And I don't have a team yet to damage dump fast enough to make it reasonable. Gr.
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I've beaten the story for New Pokemon Snap last night. I do think it deserves its review score of 8 and the reviews from users are just bombing because it tugs on nostalgia strings. It's what I wanted; if you liked Pokemon Snap on the 64, you'll love the new one.

No idea what I'm gonna do for the next 11 days until Mass Effect comes out. It'd be nice to have motivation to go into my backlog with only like 45 games left, but I'm feeling nothing right now.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Mikodesu wrote:
Kikki wrote:Google is a portal to other dimensions and you don't know where the hapless person you send through it may end up!
Ayy~ :lol: That's what makes Fogu so fun though! And why even if I'm only lurking I'm here pretty much every day. Glad to see you found a few curiosities!
Sometimes the Backlog thread does turn up interesting new game opportunities. :) I'm really here to keep my mind in order and to talk to all the li'l Backlog peeps, though. (I always think of the marshmallow version! You all are my vaguely chick-shaped marshmallows.) Honestly I talk more on Fogu than I do IRL. Some days, by a LOT, lol.

~

I totally felt like gaming yesterday. And the day before, for that matter. But I didn't do a speck of it on either day because I was just too TIRED.

Kind of a conundrum. Y'see, I never have any energy. I am like a black hole of energy, always trying to draw in more of it, with little to no avail. Everything drawn in just disappears without effect. Pretty sure that's why I can't tolerate 'soothing' games. Games that other people play to calm down/chill out/relax...they just make me sleepy. Well, I'm always sleepy! So I like music and games that work in direct opposition to that. If I've already tried getting energy from food, exercise or fresh air and still don't have enough to work with, I tend to try to get perked up by some exciting, heart-pumping music (I love much of the soundtrack of XC and XCX, but don't like the soundtrack of XC2 at all, as its music is too placidly pretty, little more than ambient...sleepy-time stuff!) or a game that grabs my brain in a vice and makes it stay awake.

SoS (1) is good for that, since it requires quite a lot of good planning and/or multitasking inside the game. I really like that, but I can't do it when I'm really tired. I'm kind of getting stuck on the fence while trying to leap over it, and am dangling here like a fat, stupid rabbit.

I'm already tired again and it's 8AM. Well, I wake up tired, dagnabbit. But I think I may play some more SoS today. I SHOULD work on a backlog game, but this is more fun. I just don't care about any of my backlog games right now. I'm at a good spot, too, only a few days before the Year 1 Summer Harvest Festival. Within about a game week, all of the 5 basic vendors will be unlocked, and the Safari will open, too. And sweet potatoes come into season in Fall, so I'll finally have my best cooked-dishes crop on the go! If only grass drink was literally just juiced grass, that requirement would have been much easier.

One more season and then my farm land should double in size, too. I need to put out some farm combos, and I need to grow lots of lumber, so I need that land!