Backlog 2021

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Daikon boy wrote:Talking about apple pie makes me really wish I had some apple pie, but I don't have any apples and we had to throw out the shady pie filling my grandma had stored in her cupboards that probably would have killed us if we ate it, so. I could make pumpkin pasties but everybody insists that making pie dough homemade is incredibly difficult and time consuming and impossible to do.
Spoiler:
It's easy! I do it all the time. The recipe on the box is a good one (at least in the case of Tenderflake...flour, salt, shortening, water, egg and vinegar and that's all there is to it! And the filling is just about 6 or so peeled, sliced-up apples, tossed in a cup of sugar and as much cinnamon as you prefer), and if you only want to make one pie you can make a half recipe. The only trick is: cut the lard/shortening up and FREEZE it before adding it. Then use a pastry blender or two forks to mash the lard/shortening up until it's well-crumbled into the flour. Don't use your hand in it until the very end, because your hands are warm and you don't want to melt the lard/shortening at all, if you can avoid it...having hard little bits of lard/shortening in the mix is what makes pastry so flaky (it creates air pockets as it melts during cooking.)

So yeah, just make sure the fat you use is very cold, use ICE water, and I even dip my hands in ice water to cool them down when it comes to the end, to gathering it all into a ball. Then I chill it a bit in the fridge before getting around to rolling it out. Honestly, I hate rolling out dough...the making is easy, the rolling is more difficult (for me...my mom and dad are both good at rolling out pastry and not as good at making it.) You need to sprinkle quite a lot of flour on the table and on the dough and pin as you roll, to keep anything from sticking. Which is why I make the dough a bit wetter than the recipe calls for, to be able to use extra flour while rolling.
~

I'm still with grandma...won't be home until after supper, as the parents decided to have some fun shopping while in the city. That's nice, since they rarely get to do anything like that, but man oh man, am I SORE. I'm going to sleep like a dead thing, tonight, I'm sure.

Would have been very tempted to buy Legend of Mana today if I'd had my switch with me. Good thing I didn't, I guess, since I'm not sure I'd play it through. I love the idea of it, but...reasons.
Harvest Moon kawaii
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Currently playing:

Famicom Detective Club: The Missing Heir (Switch)
Game Builder Garage (Switch)

Up next:

Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney Trilogy (Switch) ((Currently on the first game out of the three included))

No new game updates (as I made no progress in any games I have). But, maybe I should tell you guys a few days ago, I pre-ordered the Physical edition of The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles from Gamestop. :) :heart:

Also, I bought some games today, too, on both Switch and because the Steam sale was going on. I'm most excited for Billion Road (on the Switch) and Hippoboar Rancher (on Steam/PC)

Games I bought recently:
Billion Road (Switch)
Kirakira Stars Idol Project Ai (Switch)
Summer Paws (Switch)
Epistory Typing hronicles (PC/Steam)
TAISHO x ALICE epilogue (PC/Steam)
Cats Organized Neatly (PC/Steam)
Hippoboar Rancher (PC/Steam)
Haru to Shura (PC/Steam)
Backstage Pass (PC/Steam)
Campus Notes Forget Me Not (PC/Steam)
Last Stanza (PC/Steam)
greensara
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

I do think Legend of Mana looks interesting, but for me it's more in the category of "games that look interesting that I might get eventually but probably not at full price". So it's sitting on my wishlist with Littlewood, Deiland, Moon, and others for company, lol. I've got plenty of games on the backlog to work through with the recent sales adding more anyway.

After trying out Where the Bees Make Honey I have decided to drop it. I really wanted to give it a good try, but between the terrible camera/visuals and wonky controls, by the Halloween portion I was just done. At least I got it free with gold coins. I am still on the fence about officially dropping Little Dragons Cafe too since it's so frustrating and I loathe the thought of picking it back up, but since I got it digital (on sale) part of me thinks I should see it through to make it worth the money. Bleahhh!

I've played a little more in ANB, still in spring, but now the blacksmith gal has shown up. So my goal right now is befriending her and prickly Neil to get their blueprints when that aspect of the game opens up. Surprisingly I find Emma to be my favorite character so far. Such an adorable and strong mom character! The game also reminded me how much I missed the character portraits.

I've also been working on Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Rescue Team DX and have gotten to the Sky Tower. At first I was kind of indifferent to it, thinking it would be something in the vein of the one Pokemon Ranger game I played (Guardian Signs). It has actually grown on me as I have gotten farther along and I genuinely like it. I especially like the fact I was able to have an Absol, my favorite Pokemon on my team, though I am not so sure about the name Ice Cream my daughter insisted on, lol. So my core team is Mudkip "Aqua", Skitty "Skittles", and Absol "Ice Cream".

Related to Daikon Boy cooking with pumpkin
Spoiler:
As an alternative, you could make pumpkin pie without a crust at all. I do it for my sister around the holidays since she's diabetic and crust wastes part of her carb count. I use Splenda and sour cream instead of sugar and evaporated milk and just bake it like a regular pie.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Legend of Mana is half the price of a brand new non-indie game, so I'm okay with it, though being less hyped by gaming this year, I've been content to wait and thus been getting pretty much everything on sale except top-tier stuff that I'm willing to pay more for to have right from Day 1. There have only been a couple of games like that for me, in 2021. But LoM I think I can wait on for a while. I really like the colours and the backgrounds are very cute and fairytale like, but they still look very outdated, to me, which lowers my chance of it ending up as a game I'll get really into. $40 CAD is an 'okay' price, but it'd be better on sale. I put it on my wishlist so I can keep an eye on it.

~

My map in Farm Together still has two rows to the west and two rows to the north that can be opened up. I have a 5 x 5 farm plot map screen right now, but it's final size is 7 x 7. Which means that my map will eventually shrink by...uh, dang, mathy time!...uh. About half? So my crop icons will get that much smaller and less visible. I'm thinking I need to enlarge my field size. Right now each field is a row of 11 x 4 tractor rows. (396 crops.) The icons go by width, so I'd be better off to go with fields that are something more like 6 x 6 tractor rows. (324 crops) The icons will then be 50% larger on the screen. I already have 81 of every tree type...I'm thinking I should expand from 9 of every fish and flower to 36 of each. Gotta make all those icons larger as the map grows! It sure does take a load of money, though.

~

I like having Age of Calamity and Haven on my backlog. They're nice games that I'm always at least a little bit willing to play, which is a feeling that's been hard to come by for about a year now. I'm not super into them in a way that makes me want to sit down and play all day, but it's still pretty nice. But I'd still rather replay old favourites, it seems. Hearing about 4 more Trails games being localized (even though I have already seen all of Crossbell) makes me want to go back to my CSIII replay more than to anything new. Guess there's nothing actually stopping me, is there? I still mean to hold off on replaying Berseria, though, to give myself the best chance of enjoying Arise in September.
Daikon boy
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Thanks for the pie advice guys! I forgot shortener was an ingredient in pie crusts and we can't use that, (but I also now that people were lying when they told me how horribly difficult and impossible it is to make) but we're still probably going to make little handpies/pumpkin pasties over the weekend, instead of using the dough for one big crust.

I played a little bit of root letter yesterday, and some more cold steel today. Still chapter 6. I should be finished with the chapter within the week if I keep playing it regularly enough. (I also tried playing codename steam the other day since it's a game I have and only ever played an hour of. I never picked it out but I might as well try and finish it, or at least, actually play some amount of it...)

Still have to buy cold steel 2 but I am purchasing it so I'll be jumping into that in the next month or two probably.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Pfft, ha ha :) I'd really love to hear if you finish Cold Steel I and still feel like you'll be jumping into II after 1-2 months, Daikon Boy. I'm quite curious if that sticks or if it changes.

~

You can't use shortening? Not only lard (animal fat) is suitable, but also vegetable shortening (like Crisco, made with soybean and palm oils) or even butter, though that is expensive, and still an animal product, if that's what the issue is. I have never tried it, but I think you could even use solid coconut oil for it, if you kept it solid rather than melted. ANY solid fat should do, in theory. Do you have to eat low-fat, so you can't use any of those? Oh, and making pastry becomes brain-dead level easy if you use a food processor to make it, btw. By hand you do have to do a lot of blending to get the fat combined enough, and then you have to handle it very lightly after the liquid is added...but the food processor side-steps that.

~

Oh yeah...downloading the NEO: TWEWY demo right now. I don't anticipate wanting the full game, but hey...FREE DEMO. It's totally welcome to change my mind!

EDIT: Now downloading the MHS2: Wings of Ruin demo. Today is really rich in demos I didn't know were gonna drop! (Or that I had forgotten about, maybe.)
Last edited by Kikki on Jun 25, 2021 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daikon boy
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I think I may have been a bit confusing; I meant I won't be finishing the first cold steel until next month (or maybe the month after that depending on how often I can play, and the fact that I have two new games coming out that month might take some of my attention) and I can't play cold steel 2 until I beat the first one, but I'm buying it now while it's on sale. I haven't stopped playing any of the games yet so far, so I don't see a break happening for the cold steel games either. (Though I guess I do have to figure out if I'm jumping straight into 3 and 4 or waiting until I can play crossbell. I want to do both of these things at once so it's not exactly an easy decision.)

I already know I'm going to like monster hunter stories 2 so I can see that taking up a lot of my time. I loved the first game, so I can't see myself not devoting a lot of time to this game too. That might delay back my finishing cold steel by, some amount, possibly. Really can't tell until the time comes.

Yeah, I have to eat low fat, and lard is a no-go. Butter and coconut oil are more doable than vegetable shortening and we use stuff like that in cooking but have to be careful, or I can't eat a bunch of the baked goods. (There's also multiple people with different dietary needs that sometimes needs to be accounted for which can make some things more difficult but pastries are usually relatively simple except for fat. And eggs. Some baked goods you can substitute things like applesauce for a little bit of oil or eggs or stuff so that helps but you can't do it with everything and it only goes so far.)

Can do normal amounts of butter and stuff for a treat if it's not too often and I'm not eating other horrendously fatty foods that I want to eat a lot, but I like being able to have five cookies If I want five cookies or something like that so I try to make the whole thing less fatty when I can.

I think I'm probably going to play some ace attorney today. I'm on I think the last case of the second to last game (i get the names of the last two mixed up) and it would be nice to finish that one, before I get the new one next month. I don't need to, but I want to.
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

I watched a streamer play through the Monster Hunter Stories 2 demo earlier and...I might be sold. It looked good in the trailers, but the demo looks so good it actually hurts a little bit. :lol: I'm a bit of a lapsed Pokemon fan, last touched the series with Sun and Moon (original, not ultra) so it's been a while...and, I know Stories isn't the same as Pokemon but it's got a lot of what I've come to love about it. And like...up to the pie in the sky expectations I've had for Pokemon, too.

The devs that worked on this poured so much love into it. The animations are beautiful, « Harvest Goddess » if we could have a Harvest Moon style game with portraits that pretty! AH!

I'm gonna at least have to play the demo myself, and see. I'm almost done with Chicory and after that it's all clear for new games. I'd like to play it soon so I can take time to chill out and not let the excitement make my decision for me...

--
The new meat grinder event in Genshin might actually be...doable? We'll see. I think it only took me about 10 minutes of retries to get my 3000 points. Poor Diona kept getting her « Mr.Gourmet's hat » handed to her, but what do you expect, a level 60 character with shoddy artifacts vs an overpowered level 90 Geovishap.

After my first failed attempt I failed to button mash my way out of the dungeon, and learned something new! They've apparently set this whole dealio up now so that there's a single button press 'restart' that brings your party's health to full. As much as I complain, Mihoyo has ended up implementing everything I've asked for with these boss gauntlet challenges. Keep your settings, make it easy to retry. Good for them!
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

So I've played both the Neo The World Ends with You and Monster Hunter Stories 2 demo. I'm sold on both. The next time I get paid, I'm buying the digital deluxe edition for MHS2, but I'll buy a physical edition for Neo TWEWY just in case.

MHS2's gameplay reminds me of how the first game use to play and I'm intrigued by the story; I think the story may be stronger than the first one with my initial impressions.

Neo's gameplay is better than the first's imo. Much better, like I can actually play it as opposed to the original's gameplay. I also finished up the anime so I know what happened in the first game and am prepared for the second.

This gives me about 2 weeks to maybe play a game in my backlog and finish it up before it comes out.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Instead of apple pie, you could make an apple crisp, Daikon Boy. Crisp toppings can be varied pretty easily. Or you could make it with a lower-fat oatmeal-cookie type of a crust instead of pastry. Now that I've thought of it, I really have to try making an apple pie with an oatmeal cookie crust, and maybe a nut-streusel topping.

~

MHS2 is beautiful, and the character customization was good, too. Though I was confused by the voices. All 3 sound identical, to me. I'm not far into the demo, though...I've only just gotten control of my character, whose name is just the one I saw on the screen: Leia. The game looks vaguely Hawaiian, so Leia seemed fitting, in a kind of trite way, lol.

I'm not feeling all that motivated in spite of how nice the looks are, though. I just don't like 'monsties'. They are so ugly. Why couldn't there have been different types of creatures in the eggs? Why has it got to be all big, ugly, lumpy, scaly, lizardy dragons? Or even if it has to be all dragons, why can't they be more varied in their looks instead of all brutish-looking? :( None of them are cute or beautiful.

Knowing what I'm in for with anything I can get out of an egg is definitely dampening my enthusiasm to continue, but I'm going to finish the demo, for sure. Depending on how big this demo is, I might do the Neo demo today as well...I had other stuff, yesterday, so I never got to either of them.

EDIT: Okay...nah. As I thought, this isn't for me. It's much prettier than the first game, but other than that, this is very true to its predecessor, and that lost my interest half way through. The gameplay just doesn't keep my interest. Monsters are so ugly that I can't get into collecting them, and the questing isn't anything special. The starting story premise isn't interesting, either. I really don't give a hoot why the rathalos is acting weird or why the sea turned red for a minute. Haven't met any characters I care about, either, and given that I never met any I cared about in the first game even after hours of playing, I don't think I should hold my breath on meeting any in this game, either. *shrug*

I'll eventually wear out any content available in the demo but unless something unexpected happens, I can't see myself going on to buy the game. I mean, if you ONLY like the visuals but aren't into the story, characters or gameplay, I think it's just not your game, right?

Also, I have to say it. It drives me crazy that Cheif Gara only has three fingers and a thumb on each hand. Makes him look like a monster.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote:I wish you could really have worked at my parents' place, Bluie. They really love the employees they have that give a hoot about their work and don't leave them high and dry at a whim. If they keep doing this to you, don't stay there, okay? You have sleep problems already and this must be making it worse. You're obviously a good worker, so any place would want you.
Daaw, thanks, Kiki! IIRC, your parents worked with plants/gardening? I'm super allergic to nature, but I would've popped allergy pills no problem if it meant a good workplace! Things at the current work place are kina just up in the air atm. I was told by the slightly better manager that we're getting 2 more people soonish. I think they took our threats to heart, honestly. I also mildly blew up about how unfair it is that I am being overworked and not being compensated for it. We'll have to see how things go for the next few weeks. I did almost completely snap at the worse manager two days in a row due to him being an utter clod that thinks of nothing but himself. What helps is that everyone- EVERYONE hates him, hardly takes him seriously. Like, what is he gonna do, fire me? One of the few people who's keeping your section alive and selling a shitton of product? Lmao nah. My husband has said to start documenting my schedules and if things don't improve, I'm going as high as I can go to grill his « Mr.Gourmet's hat ». Husband also said that I should at least stay for a full year, because it'll look good on a resume if/when I start looking elsewhere, and yeah, he's right. I can hold on, I'm a tough cookie and honestly my coworkers in my section are all great people. They make the job worth going to, besides the pay loool.

~~~

ANYWAYS, VIDEO GAMES AMIRITE???

When I got off yesterday I ended up booting up FFXIV and playing it for the whole evening. It wasn't my intention, but comfort game is comfort game. I was originally just going to work on gearing my Samurai to be able to do endgame content, but then I started looked into the orchestration scrolls I still don't have (because I collect them) and decided to try and get one of the rarer ones that I can grind solo. It goes for 1mil+ on the market board because of it's horrid droprate, but the rng gods smiled on me and I got it in my second run. I then waffled on the rest of my 'need' list and decided to ask my FC if any one had any of them, that I'd buy/give them rare and expensive dyes for their time, annnnd I got 4 of them, yay! Just a small handful left now, but they're all stupidly rare drops from difficult fights that I can't solo, which means even if they do drop, the odds of getting them on my rolls is completely up in the air. Phooey.

Took a break from that and saw that a ton of our newbies were in the FC voice chat with my husband and another FC leader(a good friend too). At first I didn't really want to engage with anyone, tired and all that, but my friend jokingly provoked me and I jumped in to call them a, and I quote, 'Meanie Weenie', and it became their new name annnnnd I ended up staying in chat. It was pleasant and all the newbies were great. We ended up helping them through some of the 2nd batch of Eden raids that I'm overly familiar with (See: horrid droprate orchestration scrolls). I didn't want to heal, so the newbies stepped up and I did the call outs for all the attacks. We beat Eden!Ramuh on the first try and Eden!GarudaXIfrit on the second (they didn't quite understand one of the call outs until they got hit with it, annnnd it's fatal lmaoooooo). They then all decided to go to bed like good kids while my husband and I decided to gorge ourselves on fast food while watching some Youtube together. He went back to FFXIV and I crashed, the end~

Today I plan on playing Legend of Mana Remastered and the demo for Monster Hunter Stories 2. I'll probs try the demo for Neo The World Ends with You just to try it, but I didn't like the first game so I'm not expecting it to wow me. Sunday my husband has agreed to help me kill world bosses in Genshin for materials, annnd I might invade his world for Cecilias, because both Venti and Albedo need them for ascension, and they're extremely limited resources.

Sky: Children of the Light's Switch version comes out this week and I intend to play it. Looks relaxing and cute + I enjoyed Journey, so I expect to like it. I am defs not getting Legend of Mana finished before Monster Hunter Stories 2 releases, but that's OK, it's a remaster of an old fave, so I feel no pressure. Persona 5 Scramble I'll pick at as I wish, because I am enjoying it, but I need the right mindset to be taking on the long dungeons.

Welp, that's all for now!
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Yup! My parents have a nursery/garden centre.
Spoiler:
They operate year-round because they're not just a garden centre that sells to the public in spring/summer...they also grow most of their own stuff. All the annuals, to start with. Probably not a good place to work if you're allergic to nature. The shrub yard might be less problematic than working inside the greenhouse with the plants and flowers, but no matter where you are on my parents' property, it is very naturey. Well, you never lived far enough north for my parents' place to be an option anyway, afaik, but I just thought it'd be nice if there was someplace I knew for sure would treat you well, as someone who is a hard-working and responsible employee. We have a very good crew right now, but believe me when I say we have had some terrible employees. People who'd leave us high and dry on the busiest weekend of the entire year because of frivolous and/or stupid things, or nothing at all...just not showing up. Also, people are surprised how hard the work is.

My sisters and I always joke that people think they're going to put a wicker basket over their arm and skip through a field of flowers, singing :lala: tra-la-la :lala: as they go, occasionally stopping to pick a flower that catches their eye and lay it preciously in their basket, off to market to sell. But it is insanely humid, whatever heat is outside is intensified inside the greenhouse, the sun makes you dizzy, and sometimes the customers are like wild monkeys. It's hectic...we're a business that makes 80% of entire year's worth of money in only two months. The plants need constant care with watering and deadheading and so on, and baskets and planters must continually be made, so there's always loads of work to do, but you'll be interrupted in your task ten or twenty times an hour to answer where things are, get down hanging baskets, be asked gardening questions, etc. If you don't prepare with hat and lotions/sprays, you'll get bug bitten and sunburnt. (My parents do keep water bottles and bug spray and sunscreen around, but they don't follow each employee around with them to make sure they're using them consistently.) There is dirt everywhere, and water (and therefore mud) and it's all physical work. Even if a task is light in itself, such as getting one hanging basket down for a customer, you're doing it all day. Moving a cartload of petunias from back to front, getting pots down from the shelves, loading the soil into the aerator, all in crazily humid heat. It's heavy, sweaty dirty work, lol.

Basically anyone who comes here with bright eyes and says how lovely it it would be to work in a greenhouse is someone my whole family looks at askance. We'll try them out, but they're almost always the ones who quit after a month, saying it wasn't what they thought, that they physically could not take it any more, even if they liked the atmosphere or other things about working at the greenhouse.

Whoa, that turned into quite a thing! Anyway, Bluie, you seem like the kind of hard worker my parents are desperate to get to come back each year, because they can actually hack it. These are the employees my mom runs out to buy an ice cream cake for each August when it's time for them to leave to go back to college or whatever it is they're headed to in the down-season. (They do keep about half a dozen people over winter, mostly part-time with one or two on full-time at the cash and for watering houseplants and so on, but there's no use for more, so we've always had mostly college kids working for us, since they are seasonal by nature.)

Long, loooong story short, I think you'd be welcome just about anywhere, as an employee, and only a very stupid employer would fail to appreciate your hard work and consistency, I don't really like to hear that you're in the hands of one of the dummies, right now. :/ It's great if you can stick it out for a year! I very much doubt I'd have that kind of staying power.
I finished the MHS2 demo, at last. It took quite a few hours. I did every quest available to me out of about 30, except the couple that unlocked last, that were long, battle-oriented ones (like winning 30 head-to-heads.) I wonder if I found all the 'monsties' available in the starter area. I did get one rare monster den, but the egg I got out of it was nothing special at all :/

Anyway, I got really tired of the combat system even during the demo. I do like bits of the game, but other bits are so tiresome to me that there's no way I should be buying this game on full-price, as my chance of ending up quitting part way through, like I did with the first game, is so high. If some day this game goes on a notable sale, particularly at a time when I have a gaming gap, then I'd consider buying it. But for now, it's not for me.

But my cousin likes it :) She doesn't LOVE it, but she's considering buying it, which is pretty good, for her. It's on a level with Pokemon Swish, which she also liked enough to finish, but didn't love and won't ever be on her favourites list. Still, considering that there are only two games in the world that she loves, atm (BotW and ACNH) that's pretty respectable. The camera motion was making her sick, though...but I told her to turn off the camera tracking. It had been making me feel sick, too, but just turning that off made it much better. The feeling of having the camera twist out of your control as it continually tries to adjust to your motion is nauseating...it makes it feel like the whole world is jiggling loose...so making it so it doesn't do that is a big improvement.

~

I'm doing great in FT...got over 40 million, now, and I'm level 70 so I have EVERY TREE AND FIELD CROP. My trees are reorganized and there are just two more farm plot expansions I really want to get before I can do a final 5 x 5 farm layout and fully expand the fish and flowers. And maybe the animals, though animals are such a waste of time and money in FT...they gobble your money as feed and give very little profit...when you harvest them, you get a HUGE amount of money...but it's really just all the money you already paid into them in feed. :/ I only have 1 tractor plot of each animal type, and yet it takes a full MILLION to feed them all one round. It's ridiculous. I wish there were more quests that had no animals in...quests are very much animal-based, and they're the only good way to get ribbons! (You use ribbons to buy really good stuff, like sprinklers and higher-level buildings.) Animals are my one frustration in Farm Together. They need constant attention, are useless for profit, yet necessary for quests...ARGH.

~

Not sure what to go on to play now. I still have Haven and Age of Calamity sitting on the screen, staring at me, and I like them both, though they aren't the can't-put-it-down type of game, for me, and once I put them down, I don't feel that motivated to pick them back up. I still have the Neo demo to try, but I picked that up because it's free, not because I actually think I'll like it. (After all, if I thought I'd like it, I'd have bought the first game.) Oh...I still have Horizon Zero Dawn on PS4, too. Look at all the free things I've gotten in the past two months or so!

Anyway, I have some really nice games on hand right now. Not being motivated means gaming itself must be stale for me, not the individual games. Been wondering lately if I should put games aside entirely for a month or something, until I really, reeeeeeally want to play something again.
greensara
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

I can second Kikki's summary of that line of work.
Spoiler:
The work is hard and certainly not for everyone. The main reason I stayed so long full time and even now come back to help out in the spring is because of my awesome bosses, though being a plant nut helps too. Like Kikki's family, my bosses are beyond good to their employees. They even worked with me constantly changing my schedule for college, family emergencies, and even came to my wedding! I totally would not have worked 3 pregnancies in the sauna/greenhouse if there were not a positive relationship there, lol. Anyway, I wish everyone could have that good of a work experience.
I am done with Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Rescue Team DX I think. I gave the Monster Hunter Stories 2 demo a try too. It seems like a more polished version of the first game. After giving Bee Simulator a try, I am going to have to drop it I think. I like the premise, but the mechanics, especially the camera, are not fun for me. I don't want to feel dizzy when I play.

I am considering picking up Ys 8, as it just went on sale for $19.99, which according to Deku Deals is the lowest price ever. I've watched some on YouTube and it gives me a lot of BOTW vibes. I especially like the look of the combat. I guess I have until the 5th to decide.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Yeahhh, my favorite job of all time had great bosses and even though the work was hard at times, I still loved going into work because it was worth it to do so for the people. My job now is something I honestly like doing, but the bosses are making it something I dread. If things would get better I'd love to stay, but it's a big IF at this point.

~~~

I'm back after a day full of games! Went into FFXIV and got Bloodsworn with the Vath Beast tribe and then spent too much money on the glam that you unlock with it. Got a bunch of texts from my brother asking for mine and my husband's FFXIV Data Center and Home World because he's thinking of playing the game himself soon. He tells me that he's getting bored with WoW and I told him that there are tons of WoW refugees in FFXIV and we'd love to be his buddies if he does indeed join. We'll see!

Moved onto Legend of Mana for a little bit and geez, the nostalgia. Almost cried again lmaoooo. I did 5 quests and then called it quits for the day, but here are some observations from a veteran of the OG game; 1. You now have the ability to turn off encounters so you can explore dungeons for their loot and monster eggs without having to stop every few screens to slap down some baddies. You should still do SOME encounters though, as you still have to fight story bosses and they will wreck your « Mr.Gourmet's hat » if you've not even had a few level ups. 2. Getting a Chocobo companion is now just a random chance from an aerial monster egg instead of the original's needing FFVIII save data on the console. 3. You still need to talk to Lil Cactus after EVERY quest that ends with an illustrated end card if you want to fill his journal up - if you do another quest before talking to him, you will miss the entry forever until New Game+. So far I'm pleased with this remaster, the new music is a bit jarring, but also fun to listen to. Gonna play more when I can.

The Monster Hunter Stories 2 demo is just *chef's kiss* for me. I feel like I've been waiting forever for the next anime stylized open world game that I can lose myself in. I clearly have a type and it's anime stylized open world games. Genshin Impact, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Dragon Quest Builders, Final Fantasy XIV, Breath of the Wild, and now this. While I've been patiently waiting for Genshin to drop the next area and replaying the old favorites while I bide my time, MHS2 just came in and declared itself my next obsession. I was going to get the game anyways, I loved the first on 3DS, but now it's all HD and there's SO MUCH POLISH. The only thing I guess I'd complain about is that there's no option for 'Monster Hunter Language' like there is in Rise. The first MHS is completely in the game's gibberish language and it not even being an option here is kinda a bummer. I understand why though - the game is 90% voice acted compared to the previous that was maybe 40%. I'll just play in Japanese and get over it lol. I wish the character creator was a little bit more diverse too, but again, your character is rendered into all these cutscenes, so I can understand why you can't get crazy. I ended up making my character Sakura Matou from the Fate series, because why not? She looks super cute as a lil hunter.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Spoiler:
We've been to some employee weddings/baby showers, too :) There's one guy who worked for us more than 20 years ago who still stops by any time he's in town. Actually, almost all the ones who over-wintered with us a few years in a row are people who keep coming back for life. They basically just become friends of the family even if they've gone elsewhere. My mom corresponded with her cashier of that era when she moved to England one year and used to send her boxes of Kraft Dinner, lol. (Apparently you can't get that in England?) I love the gal who is on cash right now, she's such a champ. She's one of the only people in the whole world who can tell my sisters and I apart on the phone, even. She's a bit like a fourth sister :) I shall ply her with logs of frozen cookie dough this August since she stays over winter...she should still get goodies even though she's not going away until next season, right?
So, Amazon told me that Ys IX would be here on Sunday. I didn't really believe it. We don't get mail on weekends here. Lately there has been a bit of delivery happening on Saturdays, but I've never had a package arrive on a Sunday. Ever. But just now I got a notification from "Intelcom" that my package is on its way with 'Kelly', who is working on delivery number 2. I am delivery #46, so it won't be here in the next hour or two (my town isn't high in population but it is physically large...typical country town, I guess?) but it is indeed going to arrive today. On a Sunday.

The world is upside down.
greensara wrote:I am considering picking up Ys 8, as it just went on sale for $19.99, which according to Deku Deals is the lowest price ever. I've watched some on YouTube and it gives me a lot of BOTW vibes. I especially like the look of the combat. I guess I have until the 5th to decide.
Ys VIII is wonderful. You might even cry at some point. I mean, I didn't quite, but I don't do that easily, and it definitely depends on the ending you get, too...what ending you get depends on how completely you go through the story and relationships. The gameplay is really fun...Ys always has very lively combat...and there's loads of gathering. I loved the Castaway stuff...fortifying your base and trying to locate all the survivors. (Some are part of the story so you can't miss those ones, but not all of them are, so it is possible to fail to find a few of them.) Those things aren't usually in Ys game but I really liked it. :) Added onto a really interesting story, it was a pleasure to play. If I had liked it any more than I did, the game would have to go onto my all-time favourites list. But I am suuuuuuper fussy, so in nearly 40 years of gaming, my all-time-favourites list is still at no more than ten games. Possibly less than ten.

I'm glad that Ys VIII was so popular that Falcom decided to continue on with having a stronger central story from then on. That's why Ys IX is on its way to me as we speak :)

EDIT: Kelly is FAST. She did 46 deliveries in one hour! (And there are no apartment buildings around here.)
Last edited by Kikki on Jun 27, 2021 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.