New and tentative game announcements (V2)

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
Harvest Moon kawaii
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Guys, I played the demo for Peachleaf Valley: Seeds of Love A farming-inspired otome. It was soooo good!! I would really recommend it. Because, well, this is a Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons forum, and especially if you like visual novels/otome games. It's slated for release in Spring 2022.

Also, Rewrite+ from Key will be available in English on December 17, 2021 (this month) on Steam as well. I don't know the price yet.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1636 ... red_otome/

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1680000/Rewrite/
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Hey, an actual date for Astroneer on Switch! January 13th. It's releasing along with a brand new update, too, the Xenobiology update, which will be included, and will add 'mysterious creatures' and story-based 'new adventures' about the new creatures and whatever secret is behind them.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Didn't pay too much attention to the Game Awards this year, but I did notice a game that has certainly piqued my interest. It's been announced for awhile but completely went under my radar for whatever reason. It got a new trailer at the Game Awards which was basically just all the characters dancing, but I saw that the devs were Pearl Abyss, the same people behind Black Desert Online, and I dug a little deeper.

Holy « Puppy Doodoo », sign me the hell up! It's like a mix of Yokai Watch and Breath of the Wild! I am SO hyped for this game now! It just looks so wholesome while legitimately being a blast. I'm seriously blown away and I can't wait to play this!
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I remember that one from a while back...I noted the zippy music and the cute pre-schooler-looking characters. I don't remember WHEN, though, just that it was during a pretty good presentation. Maybe Gamescom?

Edge of Eternity has a release date now (it had a release window, up til today, but not an actual date). Feb 23 for switch, but Feb 10 for all the other current consoles, including ps4 and ps5. The soundtrack is by the Xenoblade composer, or one of them. (I didn't like XC2's music much...too sedate for me...but XC1 and XCX were awesome. Gaur Plains day theme and the sylvalum night theme remain the two most vibrantly, upliftingly epic game soundtrack pieces I've ever heard.)

Definitely curious. The graphics are quite nice. A little rough in spots, but pretty. Would probably opt for ps4 rather than switch, as I suspect it'll chug on switch. (Though it's a 'cloud' version of the game. Dunno what that means...I know what 'Cloud is but I still don't know what a cloud version of a game is!'...but I think that means it operates differently, maybe like streaming? Dunno.) Gonna need to see some feedback or gameplay video.
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Saw this first on Youtube, oddly enough...people are already waiting. We've got an Indie World presentation tomorrow! :)
Harvest Moon kawaii
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

I had fun watching everything on today's Indie World. (For Nintendo)

I'm interested in:

After Love: EP (Summer 2022)
Parkasauraus (Spring 2022) (Although, I already own this one on Steam, I haven't played it yet)
Chicory: A Colorful tale (available today/now)
Behind the Frame: The Finest Scenery (Spring 2022)
Omori (Spring 2022)

Partially interested in/curious about:

Gerda: A flame in Winter (2022) (need more information about the game)

---------

@Bluie

I'm also excited for DokeV, even without seeing any gameplay. The concept sounds awesome. I hope it comes out on Nintendo Switch. If not, I could try to play it if it comes out on Steam.

Edit: Saw the trailer you posted for DokeV. It looks awesome!! :)
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

There's a really good sale on Nintendo eshop atm...until Dec 21, I think. Games like Doraemon story of seasons and Tales of Vesperia are about 70% off, Digimon is 66%, Ni No Kuni is 80%, etc. Lots of games, all fairly large discounts. No HUGE first-party names though, like Breath of the Wild or Mario. Lots of DBZ games, Jump Force, etc.
greensara
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

I don't know if anyone else has been holding out too or not, but I was pleasantly surprised to see Best Buy and Amazon have Ni No Kuni 2 (Switch Version) for $19.99! I believe it is a Best Buy DOTD, but Amazon price matched them. So happy I waited and didn't go for the Black Friday $39.99 price! My husband was like if that was what I really wanted and it was a good price then Merry Christmas, lol!
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Cupid Parasite is patched! I don't know if this means it's already live on the eshop, but IFI announced that it was complete and ready to go, today, so it may already be available to download as an update to your game.

Time to buy!
Simply Unknown
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote:Cupid Parasite is patched! I don't know if this means it's already live on the eshop, but IFI announced that it was complete and ready to go, today, so it may already be available to download as an update to your game.

Time to buy!
Yes! Just in time for Christmas! Guess I know what I'll be playing on the way home!
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

If anyone likes Etrian Odyssey but is missing any of the 3ds titles, now is a great time to get them. Or any other Atlus game appearing on 3ds, for that matter, as they're having a big sale. That means Etrian Odyssey, mainly, and shin Megami Tensei, and Persona Q and Q2, plus Radiant Historia. Everything is more than 50% off...all $8 to $10 (CAD).

I may get Nexus. I do like EO, but...well, I really only like the Untold line, as they have a central story, which Nexus and the other EO games really don't...they're just map-making dungeon-crawlers where you have to get to the top floor to fight the final boss and do a bunch of side questing on the way.
greensara
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

I wasn't sure where I ought to put this, but I found out something a little disconcerting about the new Pokemon Legends: Arceus game coming out later this month. This is not leak related, I promise, it's from the official Nintendo listing. According to the listing the game supports up to two players and doesn't say anything about if it supports the use of pro controllers. I haven't been able to find any other information specifically about this, but I really hope this doesn't mean they decided to go back to the awful single joycon controls they used for the Let's Go games! :( :x The game itself was okay, but if you wanted to play on the TV and not handheld, the controls were wonky and awful, and I'm sure contributed to a swifter demise of my old red joycon. If they force you to use those controls again I am a lot more hesitant about getting the game. It almost makes me want to let it come out first and see if that is the case or not.

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/p ... us-switch/
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

It's okay to post it here, greensara. :)

Not sure what you mean about it not mentioning pro-controller support, though. I don't think I've ever seen a game listing mention pro-controller support. I tried looking on a few other listings to see if I could spot it, including the Breath of the Wild eshop page since I've always used pro-controller with that (actually I use a pro-controller for everything I play on switch), but I don't see any mention of pro-controller there, either. All I see are mentions of if you can play docked (TV), portable (handheld), or portable with joycons detached (tabletop). Do they also have a pro-controller support indicator somewhere? I didn't see it located near the support section...is it somewhere else?

But there shouldn't be any reason for Arceus to not work with a pro-controller, unless they reveal some gimmick that requires the use of split joycons for separate sensor control or etc, like with Mario Party. I tried looking at the two listings I know can't use pro-controller...Mario Party and Pokemon Let's Go...and those listings specifically mention you need joycons. The Arceus listing does not do that. I think you're safe?
greensara
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Yeah, I did some looking at other Pokemon listings too they don't say anything about pro controllers either, though the Let's Go games are the only Pokemon ones on Switch that don't specifically let you use a pro controller. However on the physical boxes of Shield and Shining Pearl it does have an additional bit about pro controller compatibility. So I guess I can be hopeful until I see the box? Another interesting note, the Let's Go games and Arceus are listed as up to two players, Shield says it is up to four (dynamax battles), and Shining Pearl just says one player. My suspicion of a possible co-op mode is the main reason for my paranoia, as the Let's Go games are the only Pokemon games I know of that had a co-op mode. Hopefully I am wrong. (Fingers crossed)
greensara
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Double post, but days later on a different topic.
There is a free trial for Captain Toad coming out tomorrow if anyone is interested. I played the demo around the time I first got my Switch, but it wasn't amazing to me. However for free, I may try to see if I can get through it since its supposed to be a relatively short game.