New and tentative game announcements (V2)

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Capcom is having a big Golden Week sale on Switch and 3DS. They have sales often, including on all the Ace Attorney and older Monster Hunter stuff, but the good thing is that some much newer games are on this one, including the newest main Monster Hunter game and Monster Hunter Stories 2 as well...in CAD they are 50% off. (Dunno if the USD discount is the same, but I know they have one, too.)
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

A game I've been waiting for news news on, Monochrome Mobius: Rights and Wrongs Forgotten, has a release date and releasing worldwide, but only on Steam. Japan gets PS4/5 versions, but it's Steam only for the West, and I'm not happy about that. This game is a spinoff/prequel to the Utawarerumono games that I was really looking forward to playing, but not on PC. I don't have the rig to run this and I greatly dislike gaming on my PC regardless. I really hope the console versions are coming too, because I'd hate to skip a game in a series I genuinely enjoy. But for now, Steam only.

https://www.gematsu.com/2022/04/monochr ... -worldwide
greensara
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Has anyone heard about this game yet? It's supposed to be coming out this summer for people who get a pass I guess, but is supposed to be free-to-play in 2023. I am intrigued, but I don't know how good it would be free. Will it have a ton of micro transactions or ads? Not everything can have the success of Genshin (which I still haven't been able to play), but I am interested in seeing how this ends up.
infel
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

greensara wrote:Has anyone heard about this game yet? It's supposed to be coming out this summer for people who get a pass I guess, but is supposed to be free-to-play in 2023. I am intrigued, but I don't know how good it would be free. Will it have a ton of micro transactions or ads? Not everything can have the success of Genshin (which I still haven't been able to play), but I am interested in seeing how this ends up.

This is a weird game from what I can see. I just read that the game will have offline options, which is not only surprising for something like this, but also that the people making it seem to usually make games mainly for online play. Seems this is going to be like the Sims in terms of being able to play offline, which is honestly a good thing. However, said company also is known for horrible micro transactions so I have no doubt this game will have it. I honestly don't know if it will do well or not, but it is on multiple platforms. Genshin impact is very popular because it's not only an rpg, but also anime inspired and anyone can play. Looking at this Disney game though, not sure I'd want to try it due to it likely having horrible micro transactions. This is also why I likely won't play Genshin impact, but at least with the Disney game, there seems to be an offline option.
Somerandom
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

greensara wrote:Has anyone heard about this game yet? It's supposed to be coming out this summer for people who get a pass I guess, but is supposed to be free-to-play in 2023. I am intrigued, but I don't know how good it would be free. Will it have a ton of micro transactions or ads? Not everything can have the success of Genshin (which I still haven't been able to play), but I am interested in seeing how this ends up.
I was slightly interested because I loved the Disney Magical World games on the 3DS, however since this game was made by Gameloft (instead of Bandai Namco who did the Magical World Series) who’s games I have found to be pretty buggy and focused on getting players to pay for the content they actually want, I think I would pass on this. Being free to play makes it worse, it sounds like just a glorified mobile game then (I know there are a lot of free to play games people like, most of my experiences with them have just been buggy, laggy games). Also most of the characters and lands they have shown (mainly Frozen, Wreck it Ralph and Toy Story) are series I don’t really care for too much. I preferred the line up from the first Magical World game which mainly focused on the movies that I liked.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Dad's napping right now, so I can briefly post:
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I wonder if we'll get Sliksong news!?

Who am I kidding....
Harvest Moon kawaii
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mV3tesGHSFg

Here's the entire Nintendo Indie World Direct (for May 11, 2022)

I'm interested in Ooblets (available this summer), Wayward Strand (July 21st), and Idol Manager (available August 25th). These are all releasing for the Nintendo Switch. :)
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I might buy Ooblets on Switch, might. While the dev's controversy was overall overblown, they still acted like total pricks once they had Epic Game's money in their pockets. Getting financial support for your indie game does not give you a free pass to act like a « Pumpkin Kisser ».

You can read the whole run down here: https://www.pcinvasion.com/ooblets-the- ... reenshots/

I in no way condone the internet culture mob mentality, but do not poke the hive if you're not prepared to get stung. They should've toned down the snark and hired a PR manager instead of doubling down. However, that was 2019 and we're in 2022 now. I'm willing to look past a 3 year old controversy because it seems the devs have vastly improved their attitudes and put it all behind them. The game is still adorable and it could be a great addition to the Switch library.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

It definitely soured me on the game. I remember it from when it was happening because I was following them at the time (I had commented in the community previous to them taking the Epic deal, but never replied during that mess...no way was I touching that pit of radioactive waste!) I received their snarky letter in my email and was very 'wth?' about it all, then went to the site directly to see it all blowing up and WHAT A MESS. I didn't care about their decision anyway, though it did pull the rug out from under the feet of some international supporters. 'The internet' behaved badly in response to the devs shifting their originally outlined plan, but 'the internet' always does! The devs replying the way they did just made the whole affair sordid. You can't support mob mentality, but the devs made me not want to support them, either, though at first I was inclined to be on their side...the more they responded, the less I wanted anything to do with the situation. While I don't think them responding unprofessionally at the time means they should fail or anything, it doesn't change the fact that when I think of Ooblets, that situation is what comes to mind, and I just feel 'ugh'. It makes me want to have nothing to do with the game. *shrug*

Plus, on top of that, the more I looked at the game, the more I realized I don't actually find it looks very interesting, and I'm not fond of the graphics or the colour palette. Games like Animal Crossing (or Cozy Grove or other games that define themselves as 'cozy, wholesome life sims/slice-of-life') get old for me fast...it's hard to imagine that I'd stay interested in this even if I put aside the uncomfortable feeling I always get just thinking of the name Ooblets. I'm probably not going to get it, anyway. Not 100% no, but right now I just don't have any good feelings about it. If Fogu starts playing it and everyone's got a lot of enthusiasm, maybe it'll rekindle something for me and I'll reconsider it, then.

Not a single other game in the Indie presentation looked interesting to me, unfortunately. That's okay, though...it's not like I'm getting any gaming done right now anyway...I can't even keep up with what I have and am giving up on a backlog for 2022 either way. Won't be counting anything this year as something I have to do. Whatever I do or don't buy, or do or don't play...this year's a wash, since my whole life is being taken apart and put back together in a rather different configuration.
simside
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Woah, did not hear about the developer of Ooblets! That story is wild, and I can see how that would put folks off that were following at the time. It probably won’t affect my decision to buy it, but it’s interesting reading.

Nothing super-stood out to me, though most of the games look interesting. I just have too much to play right now. Ooblets is most to my taste, but the presentation put me off a little. I love the monster growing concept, and I’m curious to see what other folks think.

The other two strong contenders were Cult of the Lamb and Soundfall. I love rhythm games, but I’m bad at doing two things at once, like keeping rhythm during a battle. I’ll have to be feeling ambitious to start Soundfall. I might need to see more folks talking about Cult of the Lamb. It looks like a combat/collect/craft thing with village building, but it also kinda looks like Binding of Isaac, which wasn’t that.

Runners up are Wayward Strand and Idol Manager. I was hoping to see Roots of Pacha and Siralim Ultimate. The latter should have a Switch release date announced next month, but it’s graphics may not have matched the showcase. :( RoP has a PC demo out next month and likely a full release before the end of the year, but we’ll probably have to wait for the port.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Some people might be interested that Cattails is receiving a sequel, no?
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

OH HELL YEAH!!!

I didn't even know there was a Kickstarter going for a sequel! I am giving them my money asap. The first game was so much fun and I adored every second of it.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Legend of Heroes: Trails from Zero is hitting Switch, PS4 and PC on September 27th.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

TemTem is launching full release (on PS5, Xbox, Switch and PC) on September 6th. It's been in Early Access for nearly 2.5 years...will be a few months over that when E.A. finally ends at the end of this summer. What will be new to what the E.A. players currently have is seasons, Endgame Island, and New Quests.

It's basically an MMO-version of Pokemon, as far as I can tell, like a cross between Pokemon and the online and customization options of an MMORPG like World of Warcraft. I think a couple people on Fogu have played in the Early Access phase.

I'd forgotten about it, tbh. I don't know if I want to try it or not...I really haven't seen or heard much about it.