New and tentative game announcements (V2)

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Oh wow, I just happened upon a game in my Twitter feed that looks very up my alley.

Cozy Grove is a cute life simulation game where you're camping on a haunted island.

https://twitter.com/CozyGrove

I'm hoping it doesn't stay stuck on PC.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Ah, I just want to say to anyone who posts news here, for this thread, people may feel free to DOUBLE POST if you see news one day and the last post from the previous day was already yours. You don't have to not post it because of that. :) It's not like people can even use 'Other Video Games' posts to spam-inflate their post counts or anything.

This does not apply to other forum threads, of course...that's not my call. But I think it's fine for this news/announcements thread.

However, please do not double post continually in one day. Like...if you see news at 9 and post it, and then see more news at 10...please don't make a double post for that, just edit into your previous post. Unless your previous post was monster long already or something. I'm sure everyone can use good sense. Just wanted to say that double posting is unavoidable in a news thread that isn't full of a dozen actively-news-scanning users, so for this one thread, double posting is not particularly discouraged.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Woah, no sooner do I talk about Cozy Grove, it releases and then gets dates for consoles!

https://www.gematsu.com/2021/03/cozy-gr ... tch-and-pc

And for those who've been waiting for it; Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne HD Remaster has a date and platforms announced!

https://www.gematsu.com/2021/03/shin-me ... tch-and-pc
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Bustafellows will release in the West this summer. Yay, more non-Otomate otoges! I've grown too used to Otomate stories and now find them all too predictable, so this one by Extend could be just what I need to shake things up a little.

There's also a bit more Pokemon Snap info going around, including a gameplay video.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Two games caught my eye today. The first is Astria Ascending, which IIRC, used to be called 'Zodiac' something and was planned to come out on Vita, because I recognize the artwork and characters. I'm a-ok with the project still being alive and re-tooled into this, because it has always looked like my thing and I'm glad it's not another game lost to time. I'm a huuuuuge fan of Hitoshi Sakimoto, so this'll be a day one buy.

https://www.gematsu.com/2021/03/astria- ... tch-and-pc

The other is Aria Chronicle, which I'm still not 100% sold on, but I do like the looks of it. It's coming to Switch, which would be my preferred platform, and the Steam reviews are pretty good. Most of the bad reviews are due to it not running on their PC, or no English audio, or the fact that they nerfed a class/item. IDK, if that's the worst of it, I can see myself enjoying this one. It also seems like the kinda thing I would enjoy.

https://www.gematsu.com/2021/03/tactica ... hes-july-8
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I can't remember...Bluie...this have anything to do with you?
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

YES, YES IT DOES!!!

I LOVE Blue Reflection! I had to wait years to play it after it's initial release and it's one of my favorite games on PS4. It's pretty, the music is amazing, and the story was both interesting and deep. The main complaint you usually hear about the game is that it's too easy, but that's a non issue to a lot of people. They've been hinting at a sequel for awhile now (the game did very well for them, not as well as Atelier Ryza, but still decent sales numbers) so I'm glad to see that not only are we getting an Anime this year, but a phone game and a console sequel!

Seeing as it's slated for the Switch, I hereby predict a Switch port of the original game some time in the future. It ran on the Vita, but we never got that version as the system was steadily dying at the point of localization. Gust has been steadily porting their PS3 and PS4 games to Switch and there's only a handful left. They might also just not, but if Blue Reflection ends up being their second golden goose, I can 100% see it happening.

...Now if we could only get localization announcements for Ciel no Surge DX and Ar no Surge DX. I have almost imported them several times now because Koei has been radio silent on them, but I'll keep hoping for a little longer.

-----

On a completely different note, MAGES have announced a Laid Back Camp game, which will most likely be an visual novel.

https://www.gematsu.com/2021/03/mages-a ... or-console

I want it, but I'm not holding my breath. While games based on popular animes do have more of a chance of being localized these days, it still seems really rare. Series like SAO and Dragon Ball are a given when it comes to localization, but everything else is a toss up. Off the top of my head I can remember that we've gotten Re:Zero, Fairy Tail, and DanMachi localized games recently. MAGES will release anything Science Adventure over here (Steins;Gate, Chaos;Head, ect) and we recently got YU-NO, but there is a lot of their titles that just get skipped (Also; Corpse Party is Xseed's thing, but also belongs to MAGES). One good sign is those two Famicom Detective games are developed by Mages and are being published by Nintendo. They're not going to be stuck in Japan which is great. I just really, really want the two Konosuba Switch games and now this Laid Back Camp game, because I'm super picky with my anime, and when one I like gets a game adaption, I want that in front of my eyeballs asap.

A reminder to myself that I still need to purchase that Laid Back Camp VR experience. $20 is kinda steep for 40 min of content, but once the second season of the anime is done, I might go into withdrawal and bite.
Harvest Moon kawaii
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1484 ... allengers/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qm5_GogEz4g (trailer)

((Arcade Spirits: The New Challengers is a sequel to the original Arcade Spirits. You can wishlist it on Steam, and is slated for 2021 with a demo currently out.))

((According to the trailer on Youtube, it's coming Early 2022 to Steam, PS5, XBox Series X, and Nintendo Switch.) :)
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Congrats on getting a great new game announcement, then, Bluie :) I want one soon, too. Some game I LOVE finally coming out or being announced. I feel like it's been forever since I haven't felt disappointed in what's coming out. Though that may be a mood I'm having rather than reality.

Anyway, this confused me as it didn't look like an announcement, but I guess it is? Some NIS classics are being brought to Switch. Phantom Brave and Soul Nomad. Was this announced elsewhere, already? (EDIT: Oh wait, yes...I guess it was revealed March 4 at the NG+ Expo thing?) They're coming out this summer.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

As I was thinking they would (yay!) Nintendo will be participating in E3 this year. I was almost sure it'd happen, this time, since their lone announcement for the Zelda 35th anniversary seemed severely lacklustre compared to what Mario got. A Skyward Sword remaster (and a very light remaster, at that) is the only, ooooonly thing? I don't think so. (Of course I'd think that, though. I'm Canadian, and LoZ is more popular here than anywhere else in the world. Mario? Pfsh. Link's our boy, here.)

Well, I wouldn't want to place any bets on it, but I think we'll see more, and E3 would be a great place for that. We'll be getting another Direct then, obviously, since it's all digital. If the current round of Switch Pro rumours (Bloomberg has already done this in two previous years, so no reason to get too excited about it.) are true, then I'd anticipate news of that there, as well. If we don't see it there then I think the rumour is false yet again. And maybe, maaaaaaybe we'll finally get another look at BotW 2? Wouldn't anticipate anything in depth, but even a new trailer would be great.

E3 is June 12 to 15, this year.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I'm very happy E3 is back. It's like a mini Christmas for me and I always try to stop everything for certain streams. I kinda hope we get the WiiU LoZ remasters ported over, because I have always wanted to play Wind Waker. Gonna cross my fingers for anything Toon Link related, because he's my fave Link and I've enjoyed every other game he's been in (Minish Cap and Phantom Hourglass are BIG FAVES).

On the note of upcoming game, I somehow completely missed that Atelier Online is coming out over here???

https://www.gematsu.com/2021/04/atelier ... oming-west

I have actually played this and it's pretty good! It is gacha, which is ehhh for a lot of people, but it had a very solid gameplay loop to it. It also features a male MC choice, which is a nice option to have in the FeMC domination modern Atelier has. I'll probably play this, though I don't know if I'd be willing to spend money on it? There are very few Atelier characters I adore and I'd HAVE TO HAVE. Also, this game sorta did... not good in Japan. It's still running, but it hardly makes any money. Not sure why we're suddenly getting it, but I'm not going to complain! I am STILL VERY SALTY we never got the Atelier Otome game. It was made by Idea Factory and everything! *pout*
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I always tell my whole family in advance that I am NOT AVAILABLE for that one hour or whatever it is that the Nintendo Direct lasts. And yet, EVERY YEAR, someone calls or knocks on the door. I never get calls or visitors, and yet, always, always, during that one hour, someone interrupts.

This year after informing everyone of my unavailability, I will be blatantly ignoring all attempts to contact me.

I said a bunch of things I *sort of* expect, but it's more like I wouldn't be surprised to have more LoZ games and a peek at BotW2 or a Switch Pro, rather than that I actually expect them. There is no point in expecting anything from an ND, as it only sets you up to be disappointed when otherwise you might have had fun. Though, I do expect at least one first-party game to get announced with a release date, because it would just be flat-out weird if that didn't happen. I just wouldn't want to have to bet on what game it'll be...something we know of, or something totally unexpected, like when they showed Sushi Strikers in 2017.

I'm definitely looking forward to it, anyway, way more than Geoff Keighley's Summer Game Fest. He shortened it to take place over just one month, this time, but I still prefer E3's heavy format of 3 days of continuous gaming announcements and coverage. It's like being given one chocolate chip every day for an entire season, as opposed to getting a nice big chocolate bar once. I'd much rather have the chocolate bar, thanks!

In the meanwhile, we're due for another look at Tales of Arise before spring ends. That's the next bit of news I have my sights set on.
RaspberrySoda
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

There are two games coming out on Nintendo Switch called "Famicon Detective Club" Which was visual novels with a murder mystery plot which is right up my alley! From what I've heard they are remakes of Famicon/SNES games that came out in the 80's.

I'm really excited for this game! So looking forward to it!
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

The Famicom Detective Club stories were announced in the last Nintendo Direct on Feb 17. :) I have my eye on them, too, though I haven't made up my mind, yet.

Pretty sure some people here were interested in Little Witch in the Woods, so...
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Lots of buzz around this Nindie direct, specifically in regards to Silksong news. Deltarune Chapter 2 news would be nice too.

I'm working tomorrow, so I'm probably going to miss this one unless I specifically take my lunch during it's airing, but it's really too early in my shift to be doing so. Might just check the news sites afterwards because I don't have much faith either of the two I mentioned will show and all the other Indies I care about are still heavily in development. So eh, might be a fine one to skip.

I'd love to be wrong though~