New and tentative game announcements (V2)

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
Poppyseed
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

Bluie wrote:A loooot of Dragon Quest news dropped, but the ones I believe are actually going to come West would be;

Dragon Quest X Offline - Chibi offline version of their MMO. They've said in the past that they want the West to experience DQX in some form, so we're most likely getting this.

Dragon Quest III 2D-HD remake - We got Octopath, we're getting Triangle Strategy, we're getting this. III is one of the DQ games I never finished (it's on my phone, didn't like the controls much), but I plan on picking this up.

Dragon Quest Treasures - A spinoff that's not Monsters or Builders, but I'd say the localization chances are pretty high. It stars characters from Dragon Quest XI, which is fairly popular over here, so I'm expecting this one too.

Dragon Quest XII The Flames of Fate - Newest numbered entry. We'll get it eventually.

I'd say wait till E3 to see any localization announcements (besides the 2D-HD remake that's already confirmed).
I’d be interested in playing X, although I’m not a super big fan of the chibi look.

XII is hype news. It’s gonna be a long painful wait for me ;(
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Poppyseed wrote:I’d be interested in playing X, although I’m not a super big fan of the chibi look.
Yeah, it's certainly a... choice. The Dragon Quest X assets are perfectly fine as-is, a bit dated maybe, but fine. They could have just done an asset flip instead, but decided to 'demake' the game into chibi everything. I think I know why they're doing it, but not 100% sure. Smaller assets and less to load means it'd be an easy game to put on the phone, and while it'll still probably come to consoles, I can easily see it as one of SE's premium phone games. Regardless, I'll be getting myself a copy once it's translated, because what I played of DQX on Switch (first few expansions are free, just not translated) it was really good and fun.

I'm probably most excited for the 2D-HD remake of Dragon Quest III, because anything in the Octopath style (or trying to mimic it) is an insta-buy for me regardless of genre. I am just OBSESSED with the style and can't wait to see more of it! Could you imagine Final Fantasy 1-6 in 2D-HD? I would die of happiness if that ever happened. Chrono Trigger too!
Mikodesu wrote:Just saw my backer email...Chicory: A Colorful Tale (from the director of Wandersong) is out June 10th! :)
Yay! I'm a PS4 backer and I can't wait to play! I don't have anything to play in June, so this is a nice surprise!
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

If anybody liked Two Point Hospital, you'll probably be pleased that Microsoft has leaked the existence of another game that appears to be in the same series, called Two Point Campus.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Yeah, now we know!
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Maybe others know about this, but it totally snuck up on me, and I am VERY interested in Grow: Song of the Evertree, which is due to release on Switch, PC, PS4 and Xbox One this year. It's being made by Prideful Sloth, who also made Yonder: The Cloud Catcher Chronicles. It's being published by 505 Games, whose other games published include Abzu, Terraria, Death Stranding, Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons, and a bunch of other games. Just for some background info :)

The link has a video, and the game is described as being about reviving nature, town-building, and exploring. (And some friendship stuff which I could probably live without, lol. They're there for side-questing, I think.) If it lives up to all that, I am IN.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote:Maybe others know about this, but it totally snuck up on me, and I am VERY interested in Grow: Song of the Evertree, which is due to release on Switch, PC, PS4 and Xbox One this year.

The link has a video, and the game is described as being about reviving nature, town-building, and exploring. (And some friendship stuff which I could probably live without, lol. They're there for side-questing, I think.) If it lives up to all that, I am IN.
Out of all the indie announcements I woke up to this morning, this by far has most of my attention. I'm a big fan of Yonder: The Cloud Catcher Chronicles, and it looks like their devs have learned from their previous game's faults and improved tenfold in this new title. It feels like it has a lot of the same story beats just watching the trailer, which is fine as long as it's entertaining to play.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Mm, yeah. Yonder lost my attention...it was too chill. I liked clearing the murk! But though it was pretty, the world felt too empty for me, and interactions with the characters was unsatisfying. There wasn't really much town-building, either, so for me, Grow sounds like it takes Yonder and adds a bunch of stuff I'm into to make the game feel fuller and busier. The buildings are really cute, too. We should be able to make a very sweet town with that stuff. I'm not sure about the worlds you can grow and 'revitalize'. They must have a purpose. Maybe they are for material-gathering, a bit like Explorer's Isles in DQB2? Or maybe those worlds are where you locate townspeople or something. Or animals...they did show a lot of animal/creatures.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Another title I'm excited for is fault – milestone two side: below.

https://www.gematsu.com/2021/06/fault-m ... -september

The current fault duology (this new game is like the second part of the second game) is really high up there as some of my favorite visual novels storywise. This new one seems a lot darker than the other two (seriously, don't watch the trailer if you're squeamish), but it's not as if dark concepts haven't been explored in the series before. I may replay the first two games to get a full refresher, which is totally doable as they're both 3-5 hours depending on how fast you read.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Wow...this is really my type of 'city builder'. It's more like a city-remover and nature-builder! :D Terra Nil, for PC. Hope it comes to consoles eventually since I don't have a gaming PC and can't afford to get one. Unless some day I can convince my sister to go in on one, too. Her type of gaming is more available on PC anyway, but she's pretty tight-fisted.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Garden Story is coming out this summer (for Switch, PC and Mac). Must admit I'd half forgotten about this one. I usually can't bring myself to play as an animal or with animal characters, but maybe fruit and plants would be more appealing?
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Looks like Xseed is busy for sure. Guess this is why RF5 got pushed back. They'll be participating in E3 via the Future Games show and it looks like we may know what one of them will be (and we may find out the other two this weekend). All signs so far point to a rather unexpected game:
Spoiler:
A Fitness game (based on martial arts) that is being published in Japan by Marvelous. Which means that if it comes to North America, it will almost definitely be done by Xseed, and we already have an Australian classification for it.
I'd buy that. It's a weird one for Xseed, though!
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I'm browsing the gaming news and I find out that Doki Doki Literature Club is getting an enhanced version for consoles?! WHAT???

https://www.gematsu.com/2021/06/doki-do ... tch-and-pc

As someone who genuinely enjoyed this game and the buzz that it created, this is cool, but uh, how in the heck is it going to work? The game requires you to mess with files outside the game to progress to the true ending. I just can't wrap my head around it working on consoles, at all. It's cool that now more people will be able to experience this wild ride. I probably won't be buying it as I feel with even the extra content, I've seen and experienced everything the game has to offer. Mmm, those goodies that come with the LE tho...
Katgirl
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Bluie wrote:I'm browsing the gaming news and I find out that Doki Doki Literature Club is getting an enhanced version for consoles?! WHAT???

https://www.gematsu.com/2021/06/doki-do ... tch-and-pc

As someone who genuinely enjoyed this game and the buzz that it created, this is cool, but uh, how in the heck is it going to work? The game requires you to mess with files outside the game to progress to the true ending. I just can't wrap my head around it working on consoles, at all. It's cool that now more people will be able to experience this wild ride. I probably won't be buying it as I feel with even the extra content, I've seen and experienced everything the game has to offer. Mmm, those goodies that come with the LE tho...
If you look at the trailer when it's talking about the new music there appears to be a pseudo desktop behind it with a files icon so I assume that has something to do with the messing with the files part.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

^That would do it. Kinda feel like it takes away from the game's 'charm' a tad. I'm expecting it to still tap into some of the Switch's/PS4's info for certain aspects.

---

Alright, time to get a little cheesy, but the new Legend of Mana animated opening just about made me cry. It was like a huge wave of nostalgia (they kept the song!!!) plus extreme joy seeing some of my faves animated outside of their in-game sprites.
Spoiler:

Pearl is so KAYOOOT! Lil Cactus too! Love seeing the MCs in motion too. I'm kinda attached to the male MC because I ended up choosing them when I first played. I actually couldn't tell which of the MCs was a girl from the sprites, so I instead chose the design I preferred. I know now (obviously lmao), but it's really hard to stray from what I like! Maaan it is gonna be fun playing this all over again! There's a couple of story paths I never did (certain ones branch but still reach the same ending) so I'll defs be doing them this time around!
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Wow, so, I woke up to this. There hasn't been news on this title since late 2019, so I kinda assumed it was dead, but nope! Fuga: Melodies of Steel is releasing on July 29th on everything!

https://www.gematsu.com/2021/06/fuga-me ... es-july-29

I've never played the two previous games in this creator's series (Tail Concerto and Solatorobo), but seeing this game finished has intrigued me into a day one purchase. It gives me Rocket Slime vibes and the story itself seems interesting.