New and tentative game announcements (V2)

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
Harvest Moon kawaii
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Found a farming-inspired otome game on Steam, releasing in Spring 2022, called Peachleaf Valley: Seeds of Love.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1636 ... red_otome/
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I put this up before, but it was unofficial then. It's official, now. IFI is bringing Cupid Parasite to North America and Europe. This fall, at that. They also teased another otoge, it seems...Birushana Senki (or possibly Sensa): Genpei Hika Musou. Something to do with ninjas, I think, but I know nothing about it.

Oh, they also announced Death End re;Quest 2, Mary Skelter Finale and Neptunia x SENRAN KAGURA: Ninja Wars, too, but I really, REALLY don't care about those, lol. I have high hopes for Cupid Parasite, though, as I have really been wanting a funny otoge for ages. I'm so sick of the drama: give me laughs!
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I was expecting this one next year, but Blue Reflection: Second Light is coming out on November 9th for the West. I love this series, but I hate that date. I wish it wasn't so close to Pokemon and FFXIV, because they're going to be dominating my time after their releases and I don't foresee having a lot of time before they release to play a giant JRPG. Still though, cool it's coming out so fast. I'll probably get it on PS4, but if it runs well enough on Switch, I'll get it there instead.

Also, there's going to be a free content update for New Pokemon Snap that adds new areas and Pokemon! Yay!
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Tales of Arise is going to have farming in it.

Now, I know nothing about that. I just saw an article on 'side activities' in Arise this morning (including things like skits and fishing and cooking.) Farming was mentioned as well, though only in passing. I did see this photo included, which looks like a place you can farm...I can see two dogs and a cat and possibly a second cat or third dog there, as well.

One of the videos shows you having cows and pigs, too...and I think maybe somehow you can collect pets, though I'm guessing.

The new style of skits looks great to me, too, and the characters look really interesting this time around...buckets of personality.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

The Rose City games people have been dropping tiny teasers of Garden Story (featuring Concord the Grape as the MC) for days now. I believe they mentioned waiting on approval of their submission on Switch so it looks like they're trying for a simultaneous release with Switch/Steam, that'll probably happen within the month. (The game was always targeted at Summer 2021, so that's not a surprise or anything, but these days I guess I actually do find it almost startling when a projected release date is actually met.) I've been listening to the soundtrack as they've been broadcasting it live for about 24 hours now, and it's really lovely, I'm surprised...I normally can't stand game soundtracks.

Also...

It looks like Garden Paws is finally going to release onto Switch sometime this month, too. (I think they've been saying it was imminent for 2 full years now, lol.) It's a farming life sim like Bokumono, except you're a smol fuzzy animal. It apparently has a HUGE amount of content...to the point where lovers of this game have sunk more than a thousand hours into it. (Just look at Steam reviews. The first two I saw were over a thousand hours of logged playtime.) Anyway, I've been waiting on it since that brief month or so where I did some writing for My Potato Games, and the devs were already saying it was 'right around the corner' back then...I think that was the summer of 2019.

But this got posted in the last 24 hours:
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Man, this is a day for indies finally getting / getting close to their final releases, eh? Monster Crown is finally releasing fully on October 12th!
I've been waiting to play this for 2 years and I am excitedddddd.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

My Time at Portia should also be updated soon. They've been saying that for a year or two, but recently they said outright that the 'big update' for consoles have already been submitted to the platform holders (Nintendo, Sony, etc) and they're just waiting for them to be approved. I don't know where they first said that but they reiterated it tonight on a Reddit AMA.

EDIT: Got some confirmation DIRECTLY from Garden Paws, who said that Nintendo has already approved the game and they're just waiting on Nintendo to tell them the release date. So it could literally be any day, now.

Also, Dairoku: Agents of Sakuratani will release on December 2. Variable Barricade has a release window of February 2022 (Gematsu called it 'delayed', but it's not, since the previous window was only 'early 2022', iirc.)

Aaaaaaaaand...ANOTHER three otoges have been confirmed. LoverPretend, Paradigm Paradox and Kimi wa Yukima ni Koinegau, all from Aksys. I don't think any release windows have been given. You can see a list of all of Aksys' announcement from their presentation today HERE.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Okay, I've edited the above post twice already with new info, so...new one!

Xseed has given us a release date for Knockout Fitness. September 28! Not far at all :)
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Indie world tomorrow. I have...suspicions, now, about why Garden Paws and Garden Story have been held up on their release date announcement even though they've been approved already.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

In coming shadow drooooops. *Nyoooom*

Monster Crown might show up too, considering it's release is relatively soon (Astria Ascending, too). My biggest indie wants would be Deltarune Chapter 2, Fields of Mistria, Eiyuden Chronicle, and Silksong - not even shadow dropped, just solid release dates or even just a feature. Most of them are probably still in heavy development or have been confirmed for not this year (including Oxenfree 2 fairly recently).

Regardless, I'll watch and keep my expectations low.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Little bits of fun news just keep dropping, these days. Tales of Arise is going to have a DEMO, available August 18th.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Shut the front door
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Alright, it's been a bit and I don't want to edit my last post. A few upcoming games have caught my eye recently and I wanna post about em'!

The first being Project Buramato.

https://www.gematsu.com/2021/08/high-fa ... -announced

It looks like it has a lot of potential and I really dig the graphical style.

The second being a game that's already on Steam is coming to Switch, and it's the highly GBA Fire Emblem inspired game; Dark Deity.

https://www.gematsu.com/2021/08/dark-de ... ch-in-2022

I'm hoping and waiting for some Fire Emblem news next year, but with this a Triangle Strategy, I won't be too wanting for SRPGs.

Marvel’s Midnight Suns also has my attention, but I'll most likely be waiting for reviews.

https://www.gematsu.com/2021/09/marvels ... creenshots

Finally, it looks like Maglam Lord is getting localized.

https://www.gematsu.com/2021/09/maglam- ... in-germany

I might bite as it plays like retro Tales of and is a romanced based story. Gonna wait on it though.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

According to a bit of info dropped at TGS, Re: Legend is coming to all consoles in November (this year.) I saw it in this video. The release month announcement was somewhere around 18:00-19:00.

GROW: Song of the Evertree is also in this video, starting around 25:00. Seems to be mostly about the music as it is primarily an interview with the composer. You do also get a look at resources being gathered and seeds being planted, though.

Eiyuden Chronicles Rising is in there, too. So lots of building and sim type games.
greensara
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

I was pleasantly surprised to hear about the Kingdom Hearts games coming to Switch. I guess they had to do that to make the Smash reveal make more sense, lol. I have only played the DS one, Re: Coded, and I liked it, though I never did finish it as I hated Wonderland and was so mad I had to go back there as the story went on. How well do cloud games typically run? I have never tried the mainline games since they were all on other platforms.