New and tentative game announcements (V2)

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
Pachi
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote:Bustafellows will release in the West this summer. Yay, more non-Otomate otoges! I've grown too used to Otomate stories and now find them all too predictable, so this one by Extend could be just what I need to shake things up a little.
I'm looking forward to this! and wow, the collector's edition is stocked. Magazine (localized even!), album, and art cards? I think that's a sweet deal. I was planning to just get it via Steam but let's see how much my local retailer would sell this edition for..

I might check out Cozy Grove too :) thanks everyone for always posting game news!!
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

WORLD END ECONOMiCA ~complete~ is FINALLY releasing. As someone who used to ready the Spice and Wolf light novels and really wanted to get into the author's other stuff, I am very happy I'll finally be able to play it all in one go.

https://www.gematsu.com/2021/04/world-e ... 21-for-ps4

It's kinetic, which is much more my speed this days over choosing routes. Hope its a really good ride, because the last few VNs I've played have been so disappointing I'm starting to wonder if I even like the genre any more.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

YAY, we're finally going to get the Dai Gyakuten Saiban game in North America! In fact, we're getting it as a Switch port in July! Finally I can play the Great Ace Attorney game. :)

EDIT: *shriek!* Omg...I didn't even notice, but Tales of Arise has a release date! We'll be getting it here in North America on September 10th! (I've pre-ordered it now, lol.)
Harvest Moon kawaii
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote:YAY, we're finally going to get the Dai Gyakuten Saiban game in North America! In fact, we're getting it as a Switch port in July! Finally I can play the Great Ace Attorney game. :)
Yes, so excited about this as well. I couldn't believe it when I watched the announcement trailer by Capcom USA earlier today.

What you forgot to mention, Kikki, is we're getting a switch port called The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles, which includes both games (Dai Gyakuten Saiban 1 and 2) and (when it's available for pre-order) you can pre-order it and it has DLC you can buy, too!! And, you can play the game with Japanese and English voices!!

I'm leaving the Capcom USA announcement video here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJk4hMgtbPA

I'm totally going to look up even more information for it. :)
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Harvest Moon kawaii wrote:What you forgot to mention, Kikki, is we're getting a switch port called The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles, which includes both games (Dai Gyakuten Saiban 1 and 2) and (when it's available for pre-order) you can pre-order it and it has DLC you can buy, too!!
I didn't forget to mention it, I just chose not to add any extra details. :) I wanted to post a quick 'hey look', so I put a link in so people could go see for themselves what was up. I could have said 'games' rather than 'game', though.

~

Ys IX: Monstrum Nox now has a release date for Nintendo Switch (July 6 in NA, more details in the article) if anyone was waiting on it. I'm probably still going to get it on PS4, someday, but it's nice to have a date for those who were waiting on the Switch version. I finally found a setting for the camera that doesn't make my head start to lurch instantly. I thought slowing it down would work, but it turns out that I needed to set it at about 75% of the way to maximum. :shock:
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Got a few things that came out the news mill today.

Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin got it's third trailer.

https://www.gematsu.com/2021/04/monster ... creenshots

Looks great and I'm really looking forward to playing it! It's now confirmed that the battle system is the same as the first game, which some people liked and other people hated. It's essentially Rock, Paper, Scissors where you'll need to anticipate your opponent's next move. I actually love battle systems like this so I'm totally on board. I am STOKED to see the Gammoth is back - it's up there with my top 5 monsters in the series.

Also, it's not required to play the previous game, but if you want to, the first game is on sale right now for 5.99 on mobile:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... n_US&gl=US

---

Everyday Today’s MENU for EMIYA Family has a release date after being delayed.

https://www.gematsu.com/2021/04/everyda ... n-the-west

My Husband and I really like the anime this is based off of, so it's an automatic buy. It's a cooking game with Fate characters. While I am happy that it's coming out, I hope this means we'll get some Fate/Extra remake news soon, because I really care about that title a lot more!

---

Miitopia has gotten a demo on the eShop!

https://www.gematsu.com/2021/04/miitopi ... -available

If you're even slightly interested in turn based JRPGs and zany comedy, definitely give it a look!
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Bluie wrote:Also, it's not required to play the previous game, but if you want to, the first game is on sale right now for 5.99 on mobile:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... n_US&gl=US
I'll throw this out there...

If anyone is considering getting the first Stories game and would consider the mobile version...I've heard recently that there are updates + extra content in the mobile version that the 3DS version (at least in the west) never got. So if you want to play the complete game, the mobile version is (apparently) the only way. :/
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

On the other hand, the mobile version doesn't have access to the amiibo content, so you can't get Epona and the Link outfit. I would view it as both versions have their own exclusive content, but yeah, it's a bummer the localized 3DS version didn't get the extra content.
greensara
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

This isn't exactly new news, but I saw in my news feed today that DQB2 has also come out for Xbox. So, yay! Now the Xbox crowd can join the fun too. With that I believe DQB2 is on all the consoles and PC now right? They just need a phone version too but it's probably good they don't, or I'd never get anything done. Then again, my phone cannot play Genshin Impact, so I probably wouldn't be able to play it even if it did exist, lol. I hope all the multiple platform success eventually leads to a DQB3 someday.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Well, this is completely out of nowhere. The anime Made in Abyss is getting a video game adaption; Made in Abyss: Binary Star Falling into Darkness.

https://www.gematsu.com/2021/05/3d-acti ... tch-and-pc

It's rated 'Z' in Japan so that's an automatic M rating here. With how brutal the anime was, this isn't that surprising. It's deceptively cute, but honestly very dark the further the protagonists descend into said abyss. I will probably play this as I was a fan of the anime when it aired and have been meaning to watch the movies ever since. Seriously though, it's not for the feint of heart, don't be sucked in by the cute thinking this is gonna be a good fluffy time.
Harvest Moon kawaii
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Game Builder Garage is a new game coming to the Nintendo Switch on June 11, 2021. It teaches you game programming/how to program video games. How awesome is that?

I remember taking a game programming class in high school, but the coding part was hard. This looks much more easy to manage. :)

I'm definitely going to get it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yM3ppz0Zt8

:heart:

Edit: Nintendo.com has a price listed already at $30 US.
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

I'm honestly fascinated by Game Builder Garage. :) It looks really cute! I'm not sure I'll get it...I'm gonna doubt it's deep enough to help me learn to code better, but it might be fun to play with either way. 30 USD is a reasonable ask, too, imo.

Won't be long to find out more. I've just got a lot of questions. The big sell for me would be if it's based on a language I want to learn. C# seems reasonable, since it's so widely used, but I doubt a game even partially aimed at kids would go very far with learning it...

Edit: Forgot to mention...the download is apparently 10 GB? I wonder what exactly that makes up? I guarantee it doesn't include space allocated for assets you make yourself, so. ??? Still more questions.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Saw the Game Builder Garage tweet, thought it read 'Game Builder Garbage', lol. That's a somewhat unfortunate mis-reading. (Though it did intrigue me to think what game builder garbage was about.)

~

When Astral Chain was announced, I was very interested. Continued to be interested after release, and STILL have it sitting idly on my wishlist in case it ever goes on a huge sale, since I decided it wasn't my thing. I also did a lot of debating on Code Vein but the demo was so difficult in combat, I knew I'd never get through the main game. (Plus it was so dark. Literally.)

Scarlet Nexus grabbed my attention on reveal, too, but it's in the same category as Astral Chain. Looks great, but I can't help but feel it won't be my thing. It's dumb, but I think I had my mind made up for me today by the reveal of the game's opening animation. There's plenty of music I'm not fond of, that just isn't my thing, but I don't that often hear stuff I can't stand, that makes me SLAP the stop/pause/close button like the music is hurting me. I can't stand the music for Scarlet Nexus' opening. It's so, so ugly. It's just a load of fuzzy, jumbled up racket. When it first started I honestly was confused for a minute, wondering what the weird noises were at the beginning of the video and wondering when they'd stop so the proper audio could get going.

Lol. Old-person brain at work? Though it's not like this is a new type of music, so probably just not my style. I wonder if that represents the vibe of the soundtrack. My wavering radar on the game seems to have slammed down into the 'no' position at last.
Harvest Moon kawaii
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

So, there's some new demos out today on the Nintendo e-shop.

I downloaded The Rise of the Slime demo (looks cute/interesting) ((It's a card/deck-building game))

I also downloaded the World's End Club demo (been waiting for this one for a while) (It's by the team that made the Zero Escape trilogy and Danganronpa games)

I think The Rise of the Slime releases May 20th, and World's End Club releases May 28th.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Bustafellows, previously announced for this summer, now has a specific release date in North America, which is July 30th. July is a busy month, this year!

EDIT: OMG! Scarlet Nexus is going to have a DEMO. It'll only be for Xbox at first but it sounds like there's a chance of it coming to all the other consoles, too. I reeeeeeeally need a demo for this one, like I did for Astral Chain (but never got one!)