Ushi No Tane - Harvest Moon

The forum for Ushi No Tane, a Harvest Moon fansite

* Rules    * Login 

* Search  * Register
It is currently May 18, 2021 11:32 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Kikki
Post Posted: Feb 25, 2021 1:47 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

State of Play beginning in about 15 minutes.

Sanrio cards are coming to New Horizons with the ability to move the villagers in and all the items they're associated with, too (Cinnamaroll and so on...whatever they're called.)

EDIT: The State of Play showed FFVIIR: Intergrade and have said it will be available in June 10th, this year. I don't know what it is, maybe DLC with a new episode thingy, but if you have the game on PS4, you can upgrade to the PS5 version for free. (Not clear on if the entire thing is free or just the enhancement parts.)

greensara
Post Posted: Feb 26, 2021 7:28 am 
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

OH MY WORD!! Pokemon happiness today!
Spoiler:
Pokemon Diamond and Pearl remakes are not in the Let's Go style! Yay! Pokemon Legends looks amazing but it's almost like the presentation got cut short when I was watching on Serebii.

Simply Unknown
Post Posted: Feb 26, 2021 12:23 pm 
New Seedling
New Seedling

greensara wrote:
OH MY WORD!! Pokemon happiness today!
Spoiler:
Pokemon Diamond and Pearl remakes are not in the Let's Go style! Yay! Pokemon Legends looks amazing but it's almost like the presentation got cut short when I was watching on Serebii.

This is essentially me!

Spoiler:
I'm a Sinnoh baby so having not only remakes of the games that got me into Pokemon coming out, but the Legends game is one I never knew I wanted! I've heard people calling the remakes Pokemon: Link's Awakening and Pokemon: Breath of the Wild, which kind of makes sense stylistically. Really looking forward to more info on the games as time goes on. And can I also say I love how they picked three of my favorite starters to choose from in Legends? Picking just one is going to be hard!

Bluie
Post Posted: Feb 26, 2021 1:35 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

We don't have to keep it in spoilers guys! Generation 4 is getting its remake with Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl AND there's a open world prequel game with Pokemon Legends: Arceus.

https://www.gematsu.com/2021/02/pokemon ... for-switch

https://www.gematsu.com/2021/02/pokemon ... for-switch

I'm not a Sinnoh baby, but it was the generation I spent the most time with. I clocked over 400 hours in Platinum alone and I'm very pleased to see I can do it all over again! The prequel was really out of nowhere and I'm looking forward to seeing more of it!

The absolute meltdown people are having on Reddit/Twitter over the art direction of the remakes is both hilarious and annoying. No matter what the Pokemon Company does, the fans will find something to « Baaaa *glomp* » about. Par for the course at this point. I've seen both sides - people liking that it's still the same view and looks like a straight remake, and then the other side that wanted it to be full 3D like SuMo and Sw/Sh. I personally don't care, I'm happy the remakes exist and I can relive my nostalgia. I also find it really interesting that Game Freak isn't developing this one, so I'm kinda interested on how well this new company handles Pokemon.

I'll admit that Legends looks a tad but rough, but I'm also known to not give a « Puppy Doodoo » about framerates. If the game is fun and I'm having fun, I could care less about some lost frames. I am in LOVE with the female MC's design and I'm super jazzed to have Rowlett as a starter again. Lil owl buddy! :heart:

greensara
Post Posted: Feb 26, 2021 2:51 pm 
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Well, I posted right after watching the presentation and didn't want to spoil it if anyone wanted to watch it still at that point. Everywhere online probably has it up now though, lol. I kind of expected and was hoping for a remake. I was just super pleased they didn't make it a Let's Go game, then they whip out "Pokemon:Breath of the Wild"! I may or may not have done a little happy dance with the news, lol. Personally, I think the new art style for the remakes is really cute. I am leaning toward Pearl as I really don't want to get both versions again this time, but we'll see.

Bluie
Post Posted: Mar 04, 2021 2:00 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

As someone who really enjoyed Nippon Columbia's 'Pretty Princess Party', I will certainly be purchasing Pups & Purrs

https://www.gematsu.com/2021/03/pups-pu ... his-summer

You know, I used to pester Aksys back in the early 3DS days to localize Nippon Columbia games (there are A LOT of them). They ended up bringing over Moco Moco Friends and we've gotten two of their Switch titles now. I wonder if my pestering has paid off and I wonder how likely we're to get the rest of their (non licensed) Switch games. :3c

Kikki
Post Posted: Mar 06, 2021 5:54 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Tales of Arise will be getting more info 'this spring'...which I think is old news... and there was a new trailer released that has not yet been uploaded to the internet, so I can't link it. But if anyone cares about Tales of Arise, keep an eye out for the next few days and we should be able to see a new trailer, at least.

EDIT: Here we go...

Kikki
Post Posted: Mar 08, 2021 7:18 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Monster Hunter Stories 2 dated and new trailer. (If you don't care to check the link, the release date is July 9th, 2021, worldwide.)

EDIT: OH, and more people will likely care that Monster Hunter Rise is getting a new demo this week.

Kikki
Post Posted: Mar 11, 2021 9:16 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Maybe nobody's interested in announcements any more? I've passed up on a few announcements since the last two posts are already mine. Well, I keep seeing them though, so...

There's going to be a Square Enix Presents presentation on March 18th. A look at Balan Wonderland (I sooooo do not care about Balan Wonderland, I really hated the demo, lol.) is definitely included but anyway, it's going to be about 40 minutes long, and all on games by Square Enix or sister company Taito. (Apparently they have a few 'whimsical' games they will be showing from Taito.) They'll premier the first look at next Life is Strange game, too.

It's going to be at 10AM Eastern, which is 1PM pacific. It can be watched on YouTube, or you can watch it on Twitch, on Square Enix's own channel/account.

Won't hold my breath but oh man, a Dragon Quest Builders 3 announcement would make my month. (I know the one director or producer or whatever guy left, but I doubt the entire series could rest entirely on the help of a single man...the rest of the team is still there, as far as I know.) And of course, FFVIIR Pt 2 news would be great, but so soon after the Intergrade thing, I dunno.

Otherwise tbh, I'm not really a Square Enix fan.

Pachi
Post Posted: Mar 11, 2021 5:04 pm 
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Oh I'm definitely interested in reading the announcements every time there's a new post! Just, I don't have my own game announcements to make :lol:

Bluie
Post Posted: Mar 12, 2021 3:46 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

You've been beating me to the chase lately, Kiki! Here's something that I think really only caters to my tastes.

Samurai Warriors 5 is launching July 27th in the west and there's going to be a live stream for it on March 24!

https://www.gematsu.com/2021/03/samurai ... r-march-24

I am ecstatic that Samurai Warriors is back, kinda still warming up to the new designs still. While some have barely changed from their previous iterations, some either look like teenager versions of their past designs, orrr they've been entirely scrapped and are now bishounen. Tadakatsu is the worst of this so far as he's gone from balding middle aged to tiny beautiful boy. I get that this is supposed to be the beginnings of Nobunaga's journey and then we're working our way to the end (previous games, you get dropped into his story somewhere in his conquest - it varies), but if the characters end up aging (like in Spirit of Sanada), maybe he'll be somewhat of what I know? Honestly though, they probably made him cute to sell more merchandise.

With that aside however, I really do like the new direction the art style is going. The characters with colorful outfits really pop and I love looking at them. This is my favorite screenshot so far:

Spoiler:

I have to decide if I want to play this on PS4 or Switch. Portable Samurai Warriors is great, but it'll look and run nicer on PS4. I can also practically smell the waves of DLC this game is going to get. It's usually just cosmetics, so it's not that big of a deal.

Kikki
Post Posted: Mar 17, 2021 9:25 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Hey, Disco Elysium is being released for console REALLY SOON. If that was already know, I missed it.

Kikki
Post Posted: Mar 18, 2021 7:50 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Scarlet Nexus (the game) will be released on June 25th. (But one day earlier in Japan.)

Bluie
Post Posted: Mar 18, 2021 10:56 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Scarlet Nexus honestly looks really good. It's on my 'to play once I have a PS5' list, which may be for quite some time yet. It gives me Astral Chain X Code Vein vibes, and I'm OK with that. As someone who feels like actively avoiding JRPGs lately, I'm looking forward to playing this eventually.

------

Chicory: A Colorful Tale is due out this spring. I have high expectations for this game, especially since I enjoyed Wandersong quite a bit. The newest trailer shows a lot of polish that wasn't in the previous.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4RDH-L ... layStation

I kickstarted this one, so I'll be getting a copy on PS4 whenever keys start going out.

Kikki
Post Posted: Mar 18, 2021 11:05 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Astral Chain X Code Vein is exactly the vibe Scarlet Nexus has been giving me since reveal. I tried the demo of Code Vein and in one way, loved it...but absolutely couldn't commit to it because it was too dark (literally) and difficult-combat-heavy. Astral Chain I haven't gotten because it's too sci-fi and I can't get into futuristic cityscapes or aliens. I still think both look really cool, but...even if I owned them, I'm pretty sure I'd end up abandoning them part way through. (Probably early on in the case of Code Vein, even though it got so into my head that I DREAMED about it after playing the demo.)

As such, even though Scarlet Nexus looks terribly cool and has even better looks than Astral Chain and Code Vein (to my tastes, that is, just a bit better as it's a little brighter and the characters are stylishly anime-cute.) I figure I'll have to end up passing it by. I'll be keeping my eye on it, but then, I STILL have my eye on Astral Chain.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next