New and tentative game announcements (V2)

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Almost everybody has an 'after Q2' date for their Steam Deck, afaik, which means we won't have it in time, Q2 ends on July 1, and the game is coming to Steam's early access on May 26. Pathea did state that they've continued working on the game the entire time it's been in red-tape limbo, so it's had quite a lot of extra improvements to what would have been in early access on day one if it had come out when they meant it to (they submitted the game for gov't approval at the end of July or in early August, I think.) They'll need enough time to get more feedback and work out bugs and stuff but I do think this will mean a shorter ea period, cuz they need the money from full access across any platform they can get it to.

I never watch gaming streams, partly for that very reason. (Though I do have a bunch of other reasons that all amount to I basically just don't enjoy watching them.) They take the fun out of playing for yourself, ime...they make it feel like a replay before you've even gotten your hands on it.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

*Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes first trailer drops*

Me: Yawn, no thanks, I don't want a golden route and I'm tired of Warriors gameplay

*Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes second trailer drops*

>Female Protagonist option
>Byleth is the villain
>You can choose Villain!Byleth's gender
>3 paths just like the original game
>The remixed music sounds amazing
>Supports confirmed (hopefully romantic endings too)
>Characters who were faceless/off screen in the main game are here
>Explorable base
>Class changes

Me: *Opens wallet with a deep sigh*

---

In all seriousness, the game looks good. I would have VASTLY preferred the battles to be turn based SRPG, but the rest of Three Houses is here and intact (more or less). I haven't been able to get around to another Three Houses playthrough despite wanting to because my brain bids me to play all my new games first and makes me feel guilty for dedicating time to old favorites. Welp, guess this will technically (and hopefully) give me the best of both worlds. I just really hope they don't cheap out on support endings. Let me have my romance in my tactical medieval war game, it makes it more fun.
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

I would say watching games be streamed before you play them is just...a very different experience. I think it works for me because I grew up with a sibling who did not understand the meaning of "share". So I spent a lot of time as a kid watching games be played until I got my hands on a Gameboy. It's not the best for story games, though. Case by case basis, I guess?

--
No idea how this got passed by in the news roundups I've seen but... the next Subnautica game is in development! Rumor is it might be on another planet. Which could be cool. Hard reset, kind of?

https://techraptor.net/gaming/news/next ... evelopment

No idea how this plays into the game Unknown Worlds is currently working on. I forget what, but it's a completely different genre.
simside
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Does anyone know about Bit Orchard: Animal Valley? I noticed it on the eshop yesterday, coming to Switch on the 22nd:

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2022/ ... witch-soon

The Harvest Moon GB vibes snatched money straight out of my pocket, but I was wondering if anyone had played it? It had a PC release, but there's no reviews on Itch and only a few on Steam.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Wow. Digimon Survive has an actual release date! (Don't wanna click? It's July 28th.) It was revealed in a Japanese...magazine? V Jump.

Oh and ARK is being completely overhauled on Switch. The game code was rewritten from the ground up to run properly on Switch, and has a huge amount of new content as well (including an educational mode, which sounds interesting). Anyway, it's to be available in September. I might be interested! (Before it didn't even run all that great on PC, I hear.)

I'm happy to say I'm interested in both games. Up til now, I have ONLY had RF5 and Xenoblade 3 to be looking forward to. Star Ocean is supposed to be this year, too (and BotW 2 was delayed again) but it has no date, so I wouldn't pin my hopes on that one yet. But once they narrow a game down to a release month, it becomes considerably more likely to actually come out then, or receive only smaller delays, at least, of a month or two. Well, at least BotW 2 has a more specific release window now. No longer '2022', but 'spring 2023'. They're narrowing it down a little, so...at least that much feels good :)
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Uh...not too often you get a game release BEFORE expected, but...

July 29.

EDIT: Xenoblade 3, that is!
Last edited by Kikki on Apr 19, 2022 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

That's uh, really soon. I wasn't expecting it until later this year, like Fall. At least it's a whole month apart from Fire Emblem Three Hopes, but WHY is it releasing so close to LIVE A LIVE? And we don't even have a release for Splatoon 3 yet either, ugh.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

They announced it for September from the beginning, so it's really a surprise they're bringing it out even sooner!
greensara
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Apparently the new game trial on Switch now is DQB2, which I already own physically and have all the DLC, but for some reason it popped up on my screen as ready to go and try today. Evidently I would still have to manually download it digitally to launch it without the cart, I just thought it was weird how it popped up with the trial label in my menu as it has been long enough that it's not on the main page anymore.

Anyway, if anyone hasn't tried DQB2, or it's jumbo demo, or you want to try more than the demo for free, here's your chance! It's also 40% off now.
Harvest Moon kawaii
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Digimon Survive is releasing (at the very least in Japan and North America) on July 29th, 2022 (this year!!!) :)

https://www.bandainamcoent.com/games/di ... 2B%7C%2Bna
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I posted that already on this page :) Though funny, my link says it's July 28th. Dunno why they're different but it looks like July 29th is more likely to be the correct one.
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Does Nintendo have a holiday release this year? :| I was expecting Splatoon 3 would be a little later in the year and kind of...be that, but I saw this just now, release date announcement trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rkz-PjCQjWk

Splatoon 3 releasing September 9th!
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Wow, they're really bringing everything out sooner. They always have a holiday release to rake in some extra dough in the last quarter...what on earth could it be? They said they were going to bring Xenoblade 3 out in September and then two months later, announce it for the end of July...one to two months ahead of schedule. Now Splatoon 3 is ready for very early fall/late summer?

It's too dangerous to think they'll surprise us with BotW 2 nudged up from 'spring 2023' to 'holiday season 2022', but these things they're doing DO make me think it, dang it. But no, it must be something else. What else was in the works? Metroid 4? A new Mario game? Something like that, that I won't care about, I'm sure, lol.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Holiday release is probably the new Pokemon games. Scarlett and Violet are still set for this year.

September for Splatoon 3, eh? I think my gaming schedule should be pretty free by that time.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Oh, hmm...yeah, that's probably it. Totally forgot about them. Well, I'm more interested in Scarlet/Violet than in Metroid or Mario, for sure...wouldn't mind if that's the one they bring out. I KNOW it's not BotW, they were just bugging me with the weird earlier-than-expected release thing on the other big names.