New and tentative game announcements (V2)

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

We're continuing the old thread here. This thread is for game developments that don't seem worth their own thread. If an announcement will generate pages of discussion...like a new Bokumono game or Animal Crossing game or Fire Emblem game...for heaven's sake, please do give it a thread of its own. But if you think it'll pass by mostly unnoticed or only get a few people saying 'oh, neat, I hadn't heard about that one', then this is the thread for your announcement!

~

I'm going to start this off with the Monster Hunter Rise demo, which is only available for a limited time, and which SO MANY PEOPLE WANTED that them flooding on to get it crashed the eshop. The demo will be available up until January 31st, so it's not a tiny window, but apparently the desire was huge. The game itself may need to have its own thread, but I don't think the announcement of the demo does.

I don't give a hoot about Monster Hunter, but I know it's pretty popular, including with several people here on FOGU. If you're interested in that demo, don't fail to grab it by the 31st. :) People were saying it is huge, but it's only 1.6 GB. Maybe they mean the scope of the world or something.

I really despise this trend, though, of Nintendo putting out things with limited time availability, since I believe it's to manufacture scarcity value, or capitalize off of FOMO, which is a dirty trick, imo.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I'll probably make a Monster Hunter Rise thread in March. Closer to release.

I'd like to make Poison Control visible here:

https://www.gematsu.com/2021/01/poison- ... ay-trailer

Another zany NISA title, but I love the game's unapologetic PINK aesthetic. I might pick this up later on in the year if there's a drought.
cinnamon_yuki
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Monster Hunter series hasn't click to me yet but watching the trailer looks interesting. So far as announcements goes. SoS Pioneer of Olive Town, Nioh 2 and Mass Effect Legendary Edition are the only ones that makes me excited.

I'm currently waiting for CPDR announcement of the DLCs and patches. I hope I have some more gaming news to fill in the void. Oh yeah, Greedfall is going to have additional content so I'm looking forward to that!
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Um...okay. I'm gonna be honest and say that I don't actually know what this is. Like, is this a new game? Super Mario World 3D? Bowsers Fury? Two different games? Or DLC for an old game? Sounds more like that, but would that get that many people all excited? Anyway it's about Mario and it has a HUGE number of likes, so I'll just post the tweet here:
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

It's the WiiU game (with some small upgrades, iirc) and some additional content. Ultimately we have no idea, but I took it to be more of an Odyssey style open world "level" with a bunch of platforming challenges leading up to a multi-phase boss fight.

What the Sunshine paintbrush mechanic has to do with anything, though, is beyond me. I don't think there's any other connections to that game.

I'd still say for somebody who hasn't played the original (especially if they didn't play the original original on the 3DS) and like platformers, this is a great deal. Other than that...¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I'd like to watch somebody play it? No way am I spending $60 for a game I already own, though. That is S-tier Nintendo « Male Cow Poopoo ».
Harvest Moon kawaii
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Code Realize: Wintertide Miracles comes out February 25, 2021 on the Switch (in North America). So excited!! :)
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

NEW POKEMON SNAP GOT A WEBSITE UPDATE, NEW TRAILER, AND RELEASE DATE!

https://newpokemonsnap.pokemon.com/en-us/

I'm so excitedddddddddddd!
iLoveSprites75
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Bluie wrote:NEW POKEMON SNAP GOT A WEBSITE UPDATE, NEW TRAILER, AND RELEASE DATE!

I'm so excitedddddddddddd!
Me too! I've had my copy preordered since announce. I'm so excited with how soon it's coming aaaaaaAAAAAA! I never had the chance to play the first one.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I really want Swapnote for Switch to be true. It was the best little app they ever put on 3DS, such a cute and fun way to unintrusively stay in touch with any friends you had on console...a way to actually communicate on the system itself, no external app or device required. I would really love this. Probably a lot of ridiculous notes and tiny sketches would zoom back and forth between me and my baby sis. I'd love to be able to exchange screenshots of DQB2 and ACNH and other games, too.
Harvest Moon kawaii
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

So, I think Balan Wonderworld is getting a demo worldwide on January 28th.

https://www.siliconera.com/try-3-balan- ... -its-demo/

Balan Wonderworld is releasing March 26, 2021.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Animal Crossing update on January 28th, but that can go in the dedicated thread if anyone wants to discuss it :)

Haven is finally due out, though! It'll be out on February 4th for PS4, Switch and Epic Games (It was already available on PS5, Steam and Xbox, but those do not apply to me.)
Harvest Moon kawaii
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

So, like Kikki said, the new January update for Animal Crossing New Horizons will be on January 28, 2021. Also, the new Mario-themed update is slated for March 2021.

https://www.siliconera.com/animal-cross ... -in-march/

Also, the Sanrio amiibo cards will appear outside of Japan in March 2021 in North America. They will be sold at Target for $6 US. They will be start being sold on March 26, 2021. They feature functionality with both Animal Crossing New Leaf (3DS) and Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Switch). :) :heart:
iLoveSprites75
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Harvest Moon kawaii wrote:Also, the Sanrio amiibo cards will appear outside of Japan in March 2021 in North America.
Really hope they bring back Welcome Amiibo sets too. I'm trying to collect them all and I don't think they were on re-release, and I'm like halfway through the set from first release. :roll: Okay just had to get that out of my system before we overstep on the Animal Crossing thread.
Harvest Moon kawaii
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Just found out that Fitness Boxing 2 had more free DLC come out. :) All of the instructors' hardest difficulty.

Edit January 28, 2021:

The third game in the Choices That Matter series, Choices That Matter: And Their Heroes Were Lost is available to pre-order at 20% off at $4.79 US. It's releasing on February, 10, 2021.

The Balan Wonderworld demo came out today (January 28th). The full game is releasing on March 26, 2021 at $60 US.

The Steam Prison demo came out today on Switch. You can pre-order the game on the Nintendo Switch's e-shop for $65.49 US. It's releasing on February, 25, 2021. The reason for the elevated price is the base game plus extra and new content for the Switch version. Please take note the game is rated M in the US for Mature (17+)

Also, Code Realize: Wintertide Miracles is also releasing on the Switch on February 25, 2021 for $40 US. There no demo for it (yet).

Edit January 31, 2021:

Found out via Nintendo's website that How to Take Off Your Mask Remastered is coming to the Nintendo Switch on February 5, 2021 and is Rated T for Teen. It doesn't have a price as of this writing.

Unfortunately, I already have all of the How To [otome game series] games via Steam, and haven't played them yet. :o
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

As predicted, the other games Atelier 'Mysterious' Trilogy are getting DX versions.

https://www.gematsu.com/2021/02/atelier ... tch-and-pc

I personally feel like these are the weakest in the series, but they're not bad games by any means. They're very 'slice of life' RPGs and you can play them without playing the others. There is an overarching narrative that starts in Sophie and ends in Lydie&Suelle, but it's honestly not that big of a deal.

Now if we could start getting the PS2 Atelier games on current consoles, that'd be fantastic. I'd love to play Mana Khemia again or finally give the Iris trilogy a try. Not to mention Atelier Lillie, Judie, and Viorate. It seems really unlikely because they're from an era Gust hasn't touched since a few PSP ports. A girl can dream though!