New and tentative game announcements (V2)

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
Poppyseed
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

I'm also hype for Fuga. Didn't think anyone else knew about it. I think I'm most excited for OST since the composers at Cyberconnect are amazing imo

I heard that they promised a physical edition but went back on that so that kind of sucks since I prefer physical, but eh.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

So, the Japanese Nintendo Direct had games in it that ours didn't. I don't know what they all are, but I know HAKAMA had one game announced. "Worth Life" (may be a bad translation.) It's now on Hakama's own website. No info yet, but you can see that Igusa Matsuyama is the character and monster designer. Have a look for yourself:
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Hrm, this has my attention. While we didn't get Fire Emblem news this year, Dark Divinity is basically a fan's take on classic FE.

https://www.gematsu.com/2021/06/turn-ba ... -available

If it comes to consoles, I'll probably pick it up.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Wow, one of my favorite games of all time is getting a remaster on Switch.

https://www.gematsu.com/2021/06/knights ... nd-android

Knights in the Nightmare is truly one of those strange games that I picked up on a whim during the PSP's last days. Gamestop/EB Game's PSP collections were all shoved into small little endcaps and me wanting to experience most of the library before everything was gone, I picked up pretty much anything I saw. KitN was very unique and had a high learning curve that initially turned me off of it, but once I got the hang of it and the story was just so darn good, I ended up playing it to 100% completion and then hunting down the DS version of the game as well just so I had an excuse to 100% it again. I have yet to see 'real time strategy w/ bullet hell elements' ever done again, and it's a shame because it makes for such a fun concept to watch and play!

Localization chances are... low for this version. Atlus was in charge of it and the other entries in the Dept Heaven series, and they've show 0 interest in the other Switch ports that already exist on the Japanese Eshop. I know this game so well I can probably import it and play with no issues, but it's a shame they're ignoring it when the Switch has the ability to reach so many more people now. Sad Bluie.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Spoiler because I rambled:
Spoiler:
I think everybody knows I'm a huge fan of the Legend of Heroes series. Particularly beginning from Cold Steel, though I did also like the Sky and Crossbell games...they just weren't as fun for me because they were too traditionally pixelly top-down stuff with less fluid-feeling turn-based combat. (Also, I played Cold Steel first, and like most companies, Falcom gets predictable after you play a few of their games, so Cold Steel was both best-looking and freshest in the story and characters, for me.)

A-N-Y-W-A-Y...

The newest game (not Hajimari, which is a tie-up-the-loose-ends game hanging off the tail of Cold Steel...the game after that, which begins the next segment of the game, in Calvard, starring that Spriggan guy whose name is not coming to me, at the moment.) has a really cool new mechanic, in that you can complete quests differently. Kind of like your actions in an MMO (or D&D) make you lawful or chaotic, and good or evil. (Somehow I always end up being neutral good...sometimes the law is bad, y'know? Often, even, I'd say.)

Waaaah, why is my brain so scattered this morning? Even in writing I can't keep on task.
Cut to the chase: Kuro no Kiseki is going to have an alignment system, where you can choose how to complete your quests. You can be very law-abiding, or not so much, and it'll change who your allies in the game are, to some extent at least, though apparently without changing the ending...so I'm not so sure about that, yet.

I like this no matter what, though, as your choices making at least *some* difference in the game is always fun, for me. (Also, won't post this as official news, since it's not, but I saw a screenshot of Trails to Zero and Reverie and Nayuta game thumbnails in English. It was always likely to get done, but no announcements have yet been made and this even had dates. I looked them up on Epic and it does indeed have listings for those games. Zero is listed for Fall 2022, and Azure, Reverie/Hajimari and Nayuta are all listed for 2023.)

EDIT: Worth Life has some footage, now, too. I was interested in it initially, but I think this footage has killed that. I do nooooot like side-scrolling platformers. Also, it's looking like you have no choice but to play as that stupid-looking little boy character, which: no thanks!

EDIT 2: Cloudscape is entering Kickstarter. It's based on Stardew, Animal Crossing and Zelda, apparently.
*LaI*
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Have to say I didn't see this one coming. The Crossbell games of the Legend of Heroes series are being officially localized in English, and coming for PS4, Switch and PC, but not until fall 2022.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAOCKcEbjiY

Apparently NIS america is working with the fan tranlation team on this one, which I think it's quite amazing.
https://geofront.esterior.net/2021/06/2 ... s-america/
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I mentioned that in my post just above, though it's nice to know it's official, now. :) Guess that means that Nayuta getting localized is probably true, too, and that Hajimari is marked for 2023. Too bad that Epic leaked that out before NISA got to announce it themselves. Guess this also means we can speculate that Kuro will be in 2024, since they already have 1 Trails game for late 2022 and three Trails games for 2023, now.

Also happy to see that they will NOT be an Epic exclusive.

EDIT: Yep, all 4 games officially confirmed:
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

^It's about damn time. Having this series be so fragmented in localization was a real pain, especially for all the lore and continued storylines that carry over from game to game. Nayuta is a nice addition too considering its a giant lore dump and most of the Fandom believes that (Cold Steel character mention)
Spoiler:
Nayuta is McBurn
Great to see the entire series will finally be playable in English after all these years. People can « Baaaa *glomp* » all they want about NISA, but they're getting « Cow Poopoo » done.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Oh? I've been asking around and everyone keeps telling me that Nayuta has NO connection to the other Trails games. Not only in character/story, but even in world lore. But there is some? Or only in fannon/theories?

Being that Zero and Azure were already translated by Geofront for them but the first game is still not coming out for a year and a quarter at minimum, I'm wondering about Kuro, now. Will NISA really leave the game to come out THREE YEARS after the Japanese release, or are they trying to get the series a little closer to simultaneous international releases? Maybe they intend to release Kuro BEFORE Zero/Azure or Hajimari (Reverie)...maybe it'll be out in the first half of 2022.

I wouldn't bet anything on that, but it occurred to me.

I'm happy, anyway. The more Trails, the better. Even spin-offs.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I mean, the Trails series is a spin off/light continuation of the 'Legend of Heroes' trilogy (that got localized on psp by Namco iirc) and while they're very different settings, Trails is constantly calling back to them in various ways. Nayuta should be viewed as both a spinoff and a package or lore, because from what I've heard, it's got connections to the series as a whole. Falcom rarely makes a game in a series stand by itself without call backs or connections.
Last edited by Bluie on Jun 25, 2021 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

So then, I guess I keep getting 'no, no connection' answers because there MIGHT be a connection, but at this point, any possible connection is fannon and not confirmed by the devs or the games themselves yet. At the end of the Cold Steel games we're only about half way through the Trails series, as far as I know...who knows what's coming. Even though a lot gets wrapped up with the final games in each arc, there are still big areas of ??? yet to be filled in, particularly with anything connected to Ouroboros. Maybe it's like the connection between Xenogears and Xenoblade. There is none, except that Xenogears came first and many of the story and character ideas in it were reused in Xenoblade.

~

Re: Legend gave another update again today, which is good in itself, but the information was still just 'we're continuing to work on international multiplayer stability before we can roll out 1.0', as in the last two or three updates, so there's really nothing to post about.

~

I also saw an interesting bit of news from Square Enix about a trio of things they're doing...an anime, a game, and a manga, all...based in the same world or on the same story or something. (I'm not interested in the manga or the anime, so I didn't look into them.) It's of less interest because it's PC and mobile device only, no consoles, but Deep Insanity: Asylum seems like it might be an interesting game. Hard to tell at this point. Most games I find interesting at first end up falling through for me.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Thought someone else might post this while I went out, but Sunday is usually a pretty quiet day, so I guess I'll go ahead, since I figure some here will be into this.

Square Enix is working on a NEW Mana title. Oh, and Legend of Mana is getting an anime.

EDIT: This made me go 'whoa' because I only just now realized the game's release window begins in a little under 3 months, now. I think this is the first thing I've seen from Aksys specifically about Olympia Soiree:
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

The LoM anime is a nice surprise. It seems it'll be focusing on the Jumi story arc which is arguably the most emotional of the stories in the game. It's the one I remember most vividly personally and it has a lot of buildup with a large cast of characters.

Kinda wished they'd announced more remasters/remakes. Dawn of Mana is stuck on the PS2 and apparently doesn't hold up well, so it seemed to be the next logical thing to remake, but ah, whatever. I would also like Children of Mana to be given a second chance now that online multiplayer is more stable than ever.

But yeah, new Mana game has my attention regardless. It will be interesting to see what it ends up being.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

AI: The Somnium Files is going to have a sequel. :) It's currently set to release next spring.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

*Vibrates with happiness*

Blue Reflection: Second Light has been fully announced and has a Japanese release date of October 21.

We'll most likely get it early next year. I am a Blue Reflection adorer, and I am sooooo excited to finally have a sequel to one of my favorite PS4 titles. 2022 is already extremely packed, but I will want this day one. I'll most likely get it on Switch as long as it runs well.