6. Shane
You may select 1 option

View results
Harvest Moon Kid
  Post subject: Stardew Valley
Post Posted: Feb 14, 2021 1:48 pm 
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

My reasoned for having a poll is because I am very new to Stardew Valley, and I don’t know who is the most favorite or least favorite husband. But I have a good idea who to marry (Sebastian).

Last edited by Harvest Moon Kid on Feb 14, 2021 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Getaris
  Post subject: Re: Stardew Valley
Post Posted: Feb 14, 2021 2:32 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

You’re missing Shane

Harvest Moon Kid
Post Posted: Feb 14, 2021 3:21 pm 
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Getaris wrote:
You’re missing Shane

Thank you. I didn’t know Shane was a Bachelor.

greensara
Post Posted: Feb 15, 2021 4:08 am 
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

I believe Shane is super popular with speed-runners, especially on pc, but he's not my cup of tea. My personal favorite is Sebastian after dating them all to get the jealousy scene. I think I have an affinity for the nerdy characters when available, as I married one irl, lol. Sebastian seems to end up as a pretty good work at home dad in my opinion, even quitting smoking on the farm. I named his kids Arwen and Toren as I thought those would be names he would pick. :lol:

Harvest Moon Kid
Post Posted: Feb 15, 2021 7:56 am 
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

greensara wrote:
I believe Shane is super popular with speed-runners, especially on pc, but he's not my cup of tea. My personal favorite is Sebastian after dating them all to get the jealousy scene. I think I have an affinity for the nerdy characters when available, as I married one irl, lol. Sebastian seems to end up as a pretty good work at home dad in my opinion, even quitting smoking on the farm. I named his kids Arwen and Toren as I thought those would be names he would pick. :lol:

Is Shane, a DLC or already in the game? I’m playing Stardew Valley on Xbox One.

Kikki
Post Posted: Feb 15, 2021 9:58 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Shane is part of the base game. As far as I know, there is no DLC for Stardew Valley, just free updates that would apply automatically if you updated your game.

Getaris
Post Posted: Feb 15, 2021 11:10 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Shane used to be a regular villager, but got upgraded to marriage candidate along with [blue-hair-girl] in one of the updates. It’s been a while though so it’s like he’s always been a marriage candidate. He and Alex are my personal favorites among the guys.

Even if you don’t plan to marry him, I think it’s worth your time befriending him though, since his 8 heart event unlocks something I find cool.

Spoiler:
Once he shows you his special blue chickens, they become an option when buying chickens from Marnie. They look cool, and can lay both white or brown eggs at random. To buy one you just need to keep trying until the preview says you’re buying a blue chicken.

Harvest Moon Kid
Post Posted: Feb 15, 2021 2:06 pm 
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Getaris wrote:
Shane used to be a regular villager, but got upgraded to marriage candidate along with [blue-hair-girl] in one of the updates. It’s been a while though so it’s like he’s always been a marriage candidate. He and Alex are my personal favorites among the guys.

Even if you don’t plan to marry him, I think it’s worth your time befriending him though, since his 8 heart event unlocks something I find cool.

Spoiler:
Once he shows you his special blue chickens, they become an option when buying chickens from Marnie. They look cool, and can lay both white or brown eggs at random. To buy one you just need to keep trying until the preview says you’re buying a blue chicken.

Thank you. For the information about the Chicken and your input.

Kikki wrote:
Shane is part of the base game. As far as I know, there is no DLC for Stardew Valley, just free updates that would apply automatically if you updated your game.

Thank you for letting me know about the DLC.

Blue Rose
Post Posted: Feb 15, 2021 2:47 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

IMO Sebastian and Shane are some of the more popular candidates. Least popular being Harvey.

Kikki
Post Posted: Feb 15, 2021 2:50 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Oh. Are we supposed to answer with who we think is the most popular? Because I answered with my favourite, not the one I think is most popular. In fact, I'm pretty sure that my favourite, Elliot, would be on the less-popular end. (I do wish he didn't look like Fabio, because he has the best personality.)

Btw, the poll let me vote twice. I voted when the thread first went up and it took my vote, but it let me do it again just now. (Those two votes for him are both mine, as far as I know.) Unless it somehow didn't save my vote the first time, or something.

Harvest Moon Kid
Post Posted: Feb 15, 2021 6:19 pm 
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Kikki wrote:
Oh. Are we supposed to answer with who we think is the most popular? Because I answered with my favourite, not the one I think is most popular. In fact, I'm pretty sure that my favourite, Elliot, would be on the less-popular end. (I do wish he didn't look like Fabio, because he has the best personality.)

Btw, the poll let me vote twice. I voted when the thread first went up and it took my vote, but it let me do it again just now. (Those two votes for him are both mine, as far as I know.) Unless it somehow didn't save my vote the first time, or something.

I added in Shane in the poll, that could be the reason why you could vote twice. Is Elliott easy to give gifts? I might choose him over Sebastian. And yes who you think is the most popular.

Harvest Moon Kid
Post Posted: Feb 15, 2021 6:20 pm 
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Blue Rose wrote:
IMO Sebastian and Shane are some of the more popular candidates. Least popular being Harvey.

Thank you! :) I appreciate the help on that.

Getaris
Post Posted: Feb 15, 2021 6:39 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

I think adding Shane actually completely reset the poll.

As for gifts, I usually give everyone coffee, and it seems to be really popular with everyone over the age of 10. So once I become able to produce it in bulk, it’s like the entire town loves me.

Kikki
Post Posted: Feb 15, 2021 6:51 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

I think Elliot is probably the second-last in the popularity contest, even though he's my favourite, in spite that horrible resemblance to Fabio...I just like his personality so much that I'm even willing to put up with Fabio-ness, which...urgh. SO not my type, visually. I think Shane and Sebastian are the most popular, with Sam and Alex in the middle, then Elliot, then Harvey. I wouldn't venture to guess who is more popular between Shane and Sebastian, or between Sam and Alex, though.

Once you have a pomegranate tree Elliot's easy to gift, but no...his loved items are not more easily acquired early on in the game than the others, I don't think. However, none of them are that easy to give 'loved' level gifts to early on. I'd say Elliot is easier than Sebastian to gift at the loved level, though. He likes all fruit except salmonberry (which he HATES) and pomegranate (which he LOVES.)

Blue Rose
Post Posted: Feb 16, 2021 2:13 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

For Sebastian, you just need to mine a lot. Frozen tears and obsidians are his favorite and the tears are easy peasy to get. If you like to fish, Sashimi should be easy to make for him. Shane loves Spicy Pepper which is easy.

Sams easiest love gift is Tiger's Eye (via mining) but if that's too rare just go for his liked gift which I believe is Joja Cola. Harvey loves Coffee which is easy to make.

Elliot and Alex are the hardest ones for gifting, imo. But I just settled with turnips for Alex and fruit/flowers for Elliot.