Nintendo Direct, tomorrow (Feb 17th)

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Alright, BIG POGGERS for: Samurai Warriors 5, Legend of Mana, Triangle Strategy, and Splatoon 3.

Smaller poggers for: Miitopia port

That's pretty much all that appealed to me. I'd type more but the power is out and typing on my phone is a royal pain. Ill be back later lmao.

Edit: The Caligula Effect 2 was in the Japanese direct. Cautiously optimistic for that one.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

What on earth is a pogger? But that was a great Direct, imo! It had a little of everything I asked for, including keeping Smash and ACNH stuff to a minimum in terms of how much time

Samurai Warriors 5 was the one that made me think of Bluie, though I also thought that, in general, the new Octopath (not that it is actually specifically a new Octopath), Legend of Mana and Splatoon 3 would get people excited around here. Kinda thought Shan might like the idea of Miitopia returning. Though I do also like that we're getting Skyward Sword with both motion AND button/stick controls. And the news of DLC for Hyrule Wariors: AoC was kinda cool. Extra glad I didn't already buy it, more to consider in the future. I hope we get more Zelda stuff this year, like ports of TP, OoT, and MM. But Skyward Sword is a pretty big deal. It didn't look all that HD to me but it was a bit smoother and I'm very happy it will have less gimmicky control options.

Though I think they are HIDEOUS and will not use any of them except the tube pipe things...I was rather impressed that thanks to the mario collab stuff, we will now have the ability to WARP in ACNH. To at least one spot, anyway...probably not multiple spots.

Honestly, they showed loads, so I'm happy. I just wanted it to feel like Nintendo's gaining momentum again.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Its dumb internet speak for excitement/surprise. lmao. xD

I want my power back so I can freak out more and download some demos!!!
greensara
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Woot! Skyward Sword with button controls and new joycons! Also liked the AoC DLC, though I don't know if I will get it or not. The Mana game looked interesting too.
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Pog/poggers is a reference to a Twitch emote. The babs have taken it and made it their own. I've heard it at the grocery...

Pretty balanced direct! Probably an A to Nintendo? Not much I'm interested in...the Octopath sequel is probably the most, I think. I don't think I've seen burning buildings as a tactical option in a game before. This sort of storytelling seems to play better to Square's strengths than Octopath.

Skyward Sword does not look HD, though. At all. You get a res bump on WiiU, and it looks exactly that good on Dolphin NOW. « Harvest Goddess » bless if you plan to play that with buttons though.

Do we think Nintendo will charge full price for Miitopia? Veeery anxious of that...and yet I could see them doing it, knowing a lot of Switch players won't know what they're buying. (Edit: Considering they didn't admit to it being a port...I'm going to vote yes. Ick.)
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote: Kinda thought Shan might like the idea of Miitopia returning.
Yeah I’m really happy about this :3

I did see Fall guys, I always wanted to try that XD

The two Famicom Detective Club mystery games does have the anime style I do like and I’ve been wanting to play something with a story.

The Ac items has my interest.

Legend of Mana Also has my curiosity.
Last edited by Shan O 123 on Feb 17, 2021 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Um...what are babs? Lol. (It's okay, you don't have to tell me. I'm used to only sort of knowing what people are saying by context. Even as a child and teen, I was never one to really know what the current slang meant.)

I also said that SS doesn't look HD. It's kinda fuzzy, even. (Maybe it was just the streaming, though...I often get fuzz when I'm watching a live Nintendo Direct.) I didn't get much that I personally care about, but I still really liked it, I thought it covered quite the gamut, including some big-ticket items. Of course, on Twitter, all there is is people saying it was boring and had 'nothing'. 50 minutes of fast-paced nothing, gotta say! Several of those games have huge markets.

Well, I'm satisfied. I didn't get DREAM items, but they put in some big stuff I know is highly desired by that I thought was a stretch, like Splatoon 3.

Shan-made-a-post-while-I-was-writing-a-post EDIT: Oh yeah, I'd already forgotten about those mystery games. I'm curious about them.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Lol I ninja’d you my bad XD
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Babs = babies. :lol: In this case the Gen-Z kids. I feel like the Zoomers have made up twice as many meme-words than my generation ever did.

Since we've got a while before Skyward Sword comes out I would bet we'll know more when we get a Zelda anniversary direct. The only thing that would tempt me is if they refine the game a LOT. Fix dowsing, fill out the sky a bit, pare down the back half of the game.

I'm surprised Twitter isn't going nuts over Splatoon 3! Maybe it's too far out. That was at least a big announcement.

Hearing that we only might get more information on BotW2 doesn't bode well, though. I'm honestly kind of nervous about that game at this point...It's definitely going to set precedent for the future. So long as we get a Majora-style and not a traditional sequel, that's all I ask. If nothing else Nintendo certainly seems to know expectations are high...
Panda Parfait
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I never expected anything Legend of Mana related to happen ever again so I'm pretty shocked that it's being remastered, I'm so excited!!

I'm not super hyped for Splatoon 3 but I'm certain I'll end up playing it. I'm a little interested in Skyward Sword HD, but I'm not 100% sure I'll buy it. There's some parts of that game that I really can't see myself wanting to replay... Those joycons are beautiful though.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

OK, POWER IS BACK (for now...)

Samurai Warriors 5 is honestly a really big deal. It's been over 5 years since the last mainline entry and Koei has been oddly quiet about the series since Spirit of Sanada. As someone who adores the series, I'm very, very excited. I'm a little confused as to why we're focusing on the characters as their teenager selves, but we'll see how it goes. One of my problems with this is most of my favorite characters in the cast are teenagers when the shown cast in Samurai Warriors 5 are adults. I'm gonna miss Kai, Hanbei, and Hayakawa a ton if they're not around!

While I personally feel like it's still a bit early for Splatoon 3, it doesn't mean I'm not excited for it! However, that being said, I don't play Splatoon 2 anymore basically due to it kind of stagnating outside of ranked matches. I am really looking forward to seeing more, especially with the single player campaign! More exploration, less on the rails levels, please! Also love that we get a lil Salmonid pal~

Triangle Strategy is honestly very big and very cool. While I DO want another Octopath, I also want another Final Fantasy Tactics game... and this game literally looks like their baby. THIS is the game the Octopath team has been teasing, and while I was expecting more, well, Octopath, I am also very OK with this. I've downloaded the Demo and I'm gonna get into it real soon!

Caligula 2 looks... fine? I may play it just because I played the previous game, but I'm not sure at this point. I don't know what it is with Furyu's games, but they always lack a certain polish other smaller game developers have. All of their games usually feel like they should've been in the oven for a little bit longer. Ah well, the OST will probably be an absolute banger regardless.

The Miitopia port is good! It's a really fun game and the added features look zany and cute! I'm not sure if I'd play it again, but it's extremely tempting at the same time. Last time I played it, I used my friend's Miis as all the characters, but it may be fun to do it over again with ridiculous Miis from the web. I still see a 'Princess Lonk' gif every once and awhile that makes me gigglesnort.

Finally, I'm really, really, REALLY gonna put a recommendation out there for Legend of Mana . PLEASE don't sleep on this game, especially if you like; beautiful sprite work, dynamic storytelling, interesting characters, ensemble casts, delightful whimsical music, action gameplay, and choose your own adventures. This is a remaster of a Playstation game that was very ahead of it's time and 100% holds up to this day. Honestly, it's a very unique experience and one of the best Mana games out there. There is no right or wrong way to play it and it constantly changes depending on how you build your world map, who you talk to, and what stories you choose to follow or ignore. It also features both male and female protagonists if that's your thing. If you want any more info on it, please let me know!
Daikon boy
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I'm definitely getting tales from the borderlands since I never had the chance to play that before. (Now I just need a port of the Jurassic park game) just don't know if I can get it on release or if I have to wait.

Also maybe interested in the world's end club, the triangle strategy game (if it has a good story and all that) maybe the legend of mana game, and a physical release of Hades is good if I want to play that game eventually.
I might check out the detective games (I'm not really a visual novel person, I'm more of a person who only sometimes likes visual novels/vn-esque games and only ones like ace attorney or 13 sentinels and devil survivor if those count as vn-esque, where there's other stuff you can do and good characters and a good story and it's not really romance based. I'd be willing to try them on sale if they fit enough of those qualities, but otherwise I'll just skip them.)

I'd pick up splatoon for cheap if it has a good enough story. Especially if it's a story I can play single player offline. But not anywhere close to release day. And I really want those joycons but I do not have the money to throw at a spare set of joycons when I could buy a new game or a bunch of good games on sale for that kind of money. So. Probably not happening.

*also maybe picking up loz someday, eventually, and I know nothing about the samurai game so gotta learn some more about it.
Simply Unknown
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Well, not a really good direct for me personally. Interesting games out there, but there aren't really any I have more than a passing interest in. Top three would probably be Skyward Sword, the Octopath successor, and Legends of Mana. Congrats to everyone who got to see something they really want in this direct, but I don't think there's much for me this year. We'll see what later directs bring.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

In terms of games for ME, it wasn't a good Direct. But in general, just for showing that they have a lot in the pipeline, I think it was great :) There's 30 games in the list, if I'm counting right. Though I messed up on one or two items of that list in the original post.

Here's MY list:

Definitely get:
  • None
Almost-definitely get:
  • Skyward Sword HD
  • Legend of Mana
Might get eventually:
  • Hyrule Warriors + DLC
  • Outer Wilds
  • Miitopia
  • Famicom Detective Club games
No Interest:
  • Everything else
Though I think it's great about Hades physical (though I already knew about that, and I'd buy it, but I already own it in digital. An unbelievably cool game. SuperGiant Games just makes the coolest characters.) and Samurai Warriors and Splatoon 3 and Triangle Strategy.

I also don't think they're done with LoZ 35th anniversary announcements. I think Nintendo will participate in E3 this year, or have their own presentation around a similar time, and we'll get another whack of news around then, including finally another look at BotW2. That's just my feeling, though.
Pachi
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

@ Bravely Default talk, well they cut out the trailer in the direct xD and yeah that narrator was something lol

@ Golden Sun, cool, I didn't know the GBA ones were supposed to be just one game. I'm down even for just a remake/reboot and go on from there.

--
Only a few games interested me in the direct:
  • Triangle Strategy - heck yeah! Definitely buying once it comes out (thank « Harvest Goddess » it's 2022, I don't think my wallet can handle more this year)
  • Plants vs Zombies - my dad was big on PvZ so I kinda wanna see if he'd like this one
  • Worlds End Club - I'm interested to see how the 999/Danganronpa makers would go about sidescrolling game and intense narrative
  • Animal Crossing update - warp pipes!!!