* Rules    * Login 

* Search  * Register
It is currently May 18, 2021 1:36 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Arcy
Post Posted: Feb 19, 2021 6:31 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Out of all the games shown in the Direct obviously my oddball self is most interested in Miitopia: Now With Horse. I put in so many hours into Miitopia once and I'm looking forward to doing it a second time. I'm also very excited about the updates coming to Animal Crossing! There are so many items and they all look really great.

Obviously the Mario update to coincide with the end of the Mario 35th Anniversary year and the one-year anniversary of New Horizons itself is a HUGE thing and there are a lot of great items to add to my get list! The consideration shown to increase the variety of items and the redesign of how those items work and are displayed in the game is phenomenal, I expect nothing less from Nintendo as Mario is very much their flagship property.

I was also very taken by the way that the Animal Crossing team is making small items for various holidays and showcasing them by placing the new items in screenshots that highlight the richness of the item customization - the one that shows the Pi Day item literally only has ONE new item in it, for example!

Fun Animal Crossing Fact: the 20th Anniversary of Animal Crossing as a series is also quickly approaching on April 14th, 2021. I do hope that New Horizons commemorates this in some way.

Project Triangle Strategy is the best actually new surprise for me. I have a fairly strong history with this exact lineage of Strategy RPG that somehow doesn't really include Fire Emblem*, but it isn't a genre I'm especially great at playing. I usually manage to muddle my way through for the story and I'm glad the Octopath aesthetic is coming back - I couldn't vibe with playing Octopath Traveler for whatever reason but I find the look/feel of the game rather enchanting.

(*Shining Force -> Ogre Battle/Tactics Ogre -> Final Fantasy Tactics -> Vandal~Hearts -> Jeanne d'Arc -> ImageEpoch stuff, roughly. Plus more I'm definitely forgetting. I have played a ton of these throughout the years but only really invested into one Fire Emblem somehow - Awakening.)

Last edited by Arcy on Feb 19, 2021 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nurse Fin
Post Posted: Feb 19, 2021 7:00 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Legend of Mana, Miitopia, and Pyra/Mythra in Smash were the 3 things that caught my interest this time. The latter because it means more Xenoblade amiibos, since I don’t actually own Smash (yet?) and I’m so glad they chose the Aegis girls to rep XC2 over Rex. I don’t know why anyone wanted Rex lol

Miitopia allowing more robust Mii customization is very nice. Idk if that and the horse are really the only added features, but since I used Miitopia to mishmash my favorite fictional characters into a silly adventure together I don’t know if it needs much else. More Nintendo character costumes would be cool, but I bet they’d be locked behind amiibo, even though it’d be more fun if they were acquired from sidequests...

Edit: derp I realized the one other thing miitopia would benefit from: more personality types. Just enough that you can have your full roster of 10 characters without having so many redundant personalities. Or something. From what I recall the choices were laid-back, airhead, cool, kind, peppy, and I think serious and stubborn.. if there were 2-3 more types that would be awesome but I’m not expecting it