NEW AC:NH mega-thread

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

You need 665 or more development points, 8 or more villagers, and 450 or more points in scenery, and no negatives, to get 5 stars. It's one of the nice things about ACNH, that you can get to those numbers your own way. I think you can even get 5 stars with NO trees, if you have maximum shrubs, instead, and a load of flowers. Once I got 5 stars in Windfall, it felt hard to drop back below it, lol, unless I'd dropped too much stuff (like DIY cards or etc.)

I dunno what rating my new town is, since I haven't been working on it. I got to 3 stars ridiculously fast, but I've stopped playing again, lol. It could be at 4 stars now, though.

Full mathy explanation here.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Lol I only have a few trees on my campsite. I think it was the fact that I put pathing literally everywhere so that weeds doesn’t appear in the hidden spots. And I mean every inch. Especially in the back of the island.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I can't get interested even in my new island, at this point. I could probably go all-in for a week or two or even a month if suddenly I had all the flowers I could use and therefor could start making the mixed gardens I want (I want all gardens of different types of flowers that won't breed and spread) but that's never going to happen...I'd have to put in the work to get that many flowers. And I don't wanna.

I haven't been on in at least a week. Probably more. I guess I just have to admit that my interest in ACNH is gone. I'd rather replay Dragon Quest Builders 2 for the 5th time. (Though I don't want to do that either, since I hate Chapter 2 and Skelkatraz or whatever it was called. It's Chapter one and the parts taking place on the Isle of Awakening that I love best, plus the Explorer's Isles.)

I wonder what it would take to keep me interested loooong term, like some others are. I need more NEW things happening every day, which isn't realistic. Maybe if the villagers were super interesting or if there were quests or new storylines and goals popping up?
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Perhaps flat down everything or start over?

I would love a second switch so I can start over without losing literally everything
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

No, I can't get interested in that either, unfortunately. Gardenia isn't even begun on terraforming, so there isn't anything to restart, yet. It's still a brand new town (though it became 3 stars so fast my head spun...I don't even know what I put out that made it hit that so quickly...I guess because I have all 10 villagers?) but I can't get into it. I wanted to leave it as close to natural as possible in terms of how the island is shaped, so the only thing I did is make a path to the 'secret' beach.

My interest in ACNH is just all used-up, it seems. I'm not someone who can be interested in a game that is no longer offering me new content. I've never been a fan of simply daily repetition, so I suppose it was inevitable. Plus I'm in a gaming funk. Littlewood was fun, but I finished it and it's spring IRL and I guess gaming isn't my thing right now in general. (Not that I think I'll get back into ACNH again down the road or anything, but I'm not hyped about any games right now on top of that. I don't even care about Rune Factory 5, tbh, which shows that I'm flatlined on gaming for the time being.)
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Don’t worry it happens to everyone.
PenguinClubHarvest
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

would this be a good place to share some island photos? My island is still in development (for like the 5th time since release lol) but I'm really happy with how its coming along!
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

PenguinClubHarvest wrote:would this be a good place to share some island photos? My island is still in development (for like the 5th time since release lol) but I'm really happy with how its coming along!
Definitely! Share away!
iLoveSprites75
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Finally got 5 stars!!! Then today for some reason I didn't anymore, but then I got back up to 5, lol. So hopefully tomorrow I'll have a Jacob's Ladder/Lily of the valley.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

^
I think it has to be weed free
iLoveSprites75
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I made sure it was and picked up the branches and Isabelle still said it was 4 stars until I placed down two more items, which I don't understand.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

iLoveSprites75 wrote:I made sure it was and picked up the branches and Isabelle still said it was 4 stars until I placed down two more items, which I don't understand.
You can actually get Jacob's ladders even at 4-stars. I got loads of them at that level. Most places online say it must be 5-stars, but they're wrong, or at least are wrong for some people. I also encountered a thread with people noticing that they also kept getting them at 4-stars.

I can't say I know what makes that happen for some people when some others don't even start getting flowers at 5-stars. There seems to be a theory that the internal numbers of all the different things...fences, shrubs, trees, flowers, weeds, debris/discarded items/etc...can mean that you're actually at 5-stars in some ways yet don't actually qualify overall so Isabelle still tells you you're at 4. And I guess you can have the reverse where Isabelle tells you you're at 5 stars but one of your qualifications isn't right for the spawing of Jacob's ladders. Can't say I actually get it, though, and I haven't found anywhere that provides any actual proof of how it works.

PS: Are they called Jacob's Ladder in this game, or Lily of the Valley? Because greenhouse-grown me is bothered that I've seen them called both, when JL is polemonium and Lily-of-the-Valley are convallaria, meaning they aren't even related. I can't take a leaf off one and examine it irl to tell you what it actually is, though, lol. I don't remember sticking one in my inventory and checking the name, but the growth habit looks more like LotV than JL. If I can apply that kind of realism to a game, heh.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

They’re Lily of the Valley.
iLoveSprites75
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

They were called lily of the valley in Happy Home Designer, too, which is what they're actually meant to be. Jacob's ladder is like a little purple flower. Seems to be a translation error in the past.
PenguinClubHarvest
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

weeds weirdly enough have no affect on star rating that I've seen. My island is covered in them while still being 5 stars lol I've seen a lot of reports saying the same.

I haven't heard of lily of the valley growing on a 4 star "unofficial 5 star" island but i wouldn't be surprised! having 15 or more dropped items (as in items from your inventory dropped onto the ground, shells, branches, and rocks won't count as dropped unless you pick them up and put them back down. DIY cards count as dropped items) forces the island to have a 4 star rating, so if your island is technically 5 stars and you get to the 15 dropped item count, bringing it to 4 technically, it could probably still read as a 5 star while telling you otherwise.