Ushi No Tane - Harvest Moon

The forum for Ushi No Tane, a Harvest Moon fansite

* Rules    * Login 

* Search  * Register
It is currently Jun 18, 2021 3:54 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Arcy
  Post subject: Re: NEW AC:NH mega-thread
Post Posted: Mar 24, 2021 2:36 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

No problem Kikki, I sent a couple boxes when I popped on to check for Celeste or Wisp and I'll send the others when I play later today.

General Animal Crossing thoughts:

I find myself really disliking playing when the shops are closed. I've been maintaining a "mess free" island for a couple of weeks now and I'm no longer saving random things and recipe cards for the most part. It has been really lovely to play since the recipe pile is gone and I'm accumulating those Lily of the Valleys again now.

Golden Shovel should be soon! Other people are starting to get theirs but I haven't yet - I haven't missed a single day but I also haven't ever done TT, so that may be the deciding factor in when I get it. I am still excited to make one even though Golden Tools aren't really special in any way.

Has anyone else noticed a marked uptick in Floral Crown/Wreath recipes? I sure have. I don't know if it a Spring thing or a patch thing, but I'm still missing several of those recipes. I've learned at least five new ones on my main character since the last patch, so whatever is causing the extra ones to appear is greatly appreciated...

... on the other hand, I've been having problems with fossils and money tree holes just not appearing. I have a very... "in-game tools only" mindset for decorating and I have large swaths of completely uncovered ground, so I'm finding the missing dig spots to be especially frustrating.

If anyone else wants to be friends in-game:

My friend code is in my sig and anyone is welcome to add me. I don't mean to self-promote but the best real time communication for me is always going to be in twitch chat while I'm streaming Animal Crossing. I have never really had a solid sleeping schedule as far back as I can remember, so my stream schedule is always changing and there's a far better chance of connecting through there than something like Discord or a forum that I only check sporadically throughout the day. The only reason this is even an issue is that we can't send each other any mail unless we've visited each other in game at least once, so that's a bummer.

Contacts:
Spoiler:
The_Arcy for Twitch and TheArcy#7647 on Discord if anyone wants those.

Kikki
Post Posted: Mar 24, 2021 3:07 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

I'm afraid I don't use Twitch. I mean, I can go there, obviously. But even though I've had a look once in a while at some streamers (deebeegeek and I checked BlueandQueenie's, too, since she posted about streaming Olive Town in English) I never, ever comment in chat. Not once, ever, lol. I looooooooathe live chat. I won't use Discord, either.

Fortunately, we're already friends, so if I ever can't get a hold of you otherwise but needed to, I could just send you an ACNH letter. :)

I'm not sure what 'in-game tools' means. Do you mean you won't download patterns made by other people?

I hate playing when the main store is closed, too, though it happens a lot since I often play very early. I don't mind if Able Sisters is shut, though. On my second island I'm finding I don't care about clothing. Cricket isn't human, and she's really only suited to fairytale themed clothing, imo. I always find she looks wrong in ordinary pants and shirts. (She pretended to be human when she first went to the island to avoid freaking out the others, but once she got to Gardenia, everyone was so easy-going it turned out to be fine to just be her natural curly green self. I think she might be some kind of dryad or sylph or sprite or something.)

Even in Windfall, I haven't been trying to get the golden tools at all. I did get the golden slingshot and the golden watering can quite easily, of course, like everyone likely did...it just happened. I think I got at least one other, too, though I'm not sure which one it was. (I've caught all the bugs and fish so maybe it was the net and rod?) I ignore both incarnations of Gulliver when they wash up, though, in both files. Must be close to the golden shovel in Windfall, but I haven't been keeping track.

Arcy
Post Posted: Mar 24, 2021 3:25 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Yes, decorating with "in-game tools" means that I try not to use custom patterns much. I currently have two sets, one is a picnic blanket that I made, the other is a sweet pool design I found randomly while searching for something totally unrelated on Google. I think I probably have about 20-25 squares total covered in design patterns for decorative purposes, and probably another 50-60 of a mostly blank pattern I made to keep flowers from having babies. Other than that I have walkways which use the in-game paths tool.

I don't have anything against downloading or using patterns in general, I just like having lots of empty ground on a personal level - one of the reasons why I chose that style to begin with was never having problems with Snowboys or fossils or money tree holes, ironically. Hopefully that will iron itself out, somehow.

I feel you on that with Cricket, my second character (Saielle) is a "Slime from Dragon Quest with a goal of becoming the final boss of a video game". I love how whimsical Animal Crossing makes me feel, sometimes.

Never worry about not liking real-time communication. I have problems with it myself. Especially phone communication, it is awful. Streaming is mostly a way for me to fight back against my anxiety disorders.

Kikki
Post Posted: Mar 24, 2021 3:53 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Ha ha, it's funny, isn't it? I'm not the least bit shy, and yet, I will go a long way out of my way to avoid ever using a phone. (I to this day have never owned a cell phone, even though my family really WANTS me to own one, to the point where they'd probably buy and pay for one FOR me if I'd just agree to carry it around with me, lol.) I have several times when calling doctors' offices and so on, written out what I need to say before calling, lol. I knew I'd have to leave a message and the machine paralyzes me even more than if an actual person answered, which I don't understand at all. I saw on Frasier once that that's weird. (They made fun of a guy for writing out his message before calling, like that was strange. Makes sense to me!)

Live chat makes me feel sort of mentally or emotionally assaulted. It's probably not that bad with a quiet chat but ones where the text whirs by continually feels like I'm being screamed at by a crowd, in a language I can't understand. Sorta. But even when quiet, live chat is not my thing. It's too real, lol. Not sure how to put it! Stationary text...that's my thing! Plenty of time to think, plenty of time to process what others are saying in response.

I don't know what Cricket actually IS...she hasn't said. I just knew right away that she was really green under the fake beige skin and brown hair. She turned out adorable, imo, with green curly hair, green skin, and topaz-like golden-orange eyes. She looks great in the caterpillar dress, lol, and the skating costume and fairytale dress and so on. But she looks weird in cargo pants and a t-shirt. The villagers still seem to think her natural green skin and golden eyes is just make-up, but they don't care anyway, so...whatever.

Gardenia is going to have loads of gardens and right now I'm letting my flowers multiply wildly, but I'll eventually pen them in with hedges and fences and stuff. I like patterns, but they have to look really natural, so I don't find many I like. I had Leif for the first time yesterday and bought about 50 shrubs off him...hopefully that means the next time I see him in town, he'll give me the hedge fence DIY.

I'm still thinking about a cracked, rocky 'badlands' area where all my rocks will go. (3 are already there.) I wish ACNH had the dead trees that you could get in ACNL. The natural layout that Gardenia started out with lends itself to not needing many bridges or inclines. 4 bridges is plenty, and 3 inclines (maybe 5 later on...haven't decided what to do with a top level). I may have to put in more just to satisfy the 5-star requirements.

LeBurns
Post Posted: Mar 24, 2021 10:39 am 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

So if I update to the Nintendo Switch Pro later this year, does that mean I lose all my AC progress on my current Switch? I recall there being an issue with everything in AC being non-transferable from one Switch to another (data being saved on the system's hard drive or something). Has this limitation been fixed?

Kikki
Post Posted: Mar 24, 2021 11:11 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

The only way to transfer an existing island to a new Switch is to use the island back-up feature. If you back-up your island, you can then go onto your NEW switch and download the ACNH: Island Transfer Tool from the eshop, and you'll be able to transfer it then. It will be deleted from your original switch.

Check here for more details.

EDIT: Personally, I'm not buying the Switch Pro rumours from Bloomberg. They've done this TWICE before already, in previous years...stated outright that a Switch Pro is coming...and nothing came of it at all. So I'm only going to start thinking about a Switch Pro when Nintendo actually announces one.

iLoveSprites75
Post Posted: Mar 24, 2021 11:29 am 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

They've been saying that for the entire Switch lifecycle. Though it has been rumored more lately. We'll see. I think the Switch lifespan will be longer than the 3DSs', because we so far only have the Switch (though v1 & v2) and the Lite. Meanwhile the 3DS had quite a few variants... The Switch is nowhere near over (it's claimed about halfway, based on 3DS).

Or at least... Maybe that's because I don't want the Switch to ever end, lol. I love it so much, it makes me sad that so much time has passed already.

Kikki
Post Posted: Mar 24, 2021 11:40 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

The Switch Pro would also just be a variant of the Switch, not the end of it :) It IS coming...eventually. It could even be coming this year, but Bloomberg says it is coming every year, so the recent batch of rumours that originate from Bloomberg are just nothing I believe in. They're going to keep saying a Switch Pro is coming 'this year' and one year, they'll be right, but I won't believe it's because they actually knew anything, lol...they just kept predicting it until it came true, as it was inevitably going to.

Back to Animal Crossing...

I got Chip for the first time today, and I'm afraid that after I spoke to him once, I ignored him. Starting a new island hasn't gotten me interested in things I'd already grown bored with in Windfall. I really just wanted to design a new island without scrapping my old one. And it's fun that my current player character isn't human and has an entirely different closet full of clothing...all different styles and colours.

Mikodesu
Post Posted: Mar 24, 2021 12:18 pm 
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Imo a Switch Pro isn't even worth worrying about at this point unless you're willing to pay a scalper for one.

I do wonder how much an upscale would even do for New Horizons. Improving the initial load time would be super, but for the graphics...I dunno. Water and maybe trees would get a bump? I'm not even sure how (without any limitations) I'd want the game to look. If you get too realistic it starts looking like a toy box.

It's been about...a week since I booted my game up last, I think. I'm hoping writing it down will remind me to get on later. I wanna buy a few more things before the Mario anniversary stuff vanishes. >>; I keep hoping for another new DIY but so far no go. Oh well, I guess.

greensara
Post Posted: Mar 24, 2021 2:00 pm 
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

The Mario stuff has actually been the main reason I have been firing up Animal Crossing lately. It took a while to get all the pieces with the five-a-day limit, but it's finally done! Aaand my in game savings is significantly lower as a result. (It's Tom Nook's evil plan to keep me as an indentured servant, I know it!) Funny thing is I didn't really care about the Mario anniversary stuff in the real world, but in the Animal Crossing world, this is serious business, lol! I'm just glad there's no time limit on the Sanrio stuff (in the game, not the real-life struggle for the cards).

Arcy
Post Posted: Mar 24, 2021 3:20 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

The Mario stuff is here permanently. There's even a post on the official Twitter about that. I really don't think we have any need to worry about any item in that tab (Promotional) permanently disappearing in the near future, especially things that Nintendo themselves own all rights to.

I could see Sanrio becoming a problem if they pulled the rights eventually, but that probably won't be for a while as they likely signed a contract for a certain number of years. We could be 2 or even 3 Animal Crossing sequels away from NH before it would become a problem for NH diehards if they signed a 20 year deal, for example.

"These items are not time limited and can be ordered at any time."

Shan O 123
Post Posted: Mar 24, 2021 3:26 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

I have pocket camp items in that tab it’s permanent

greensara
Post Posted: Mar 24, 2021 4:02 pm 
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Whew, well that's a relief. I guess I can add more pipes later if I want then. I figured it was in there with the rest of the Mario celebration/pulling the plug day at the end of the month. Guess I missed that part by not seeing the announcement on Twitter. (I personally hate trying to look at my feed on Twitter as it gets bogged up with a bunch of junk, much of it I am not even sure why as I am not following those people. I usually just type a search if I'm looking for something particular.)

Edit March 26: Well, I guess I won't be able to get my own Sanrio cards after all. I tried in app and on Target's website like 20+ times to check out for drive up or in store pickup and even though they say it's in stock I keep getting an error message saying something in the cart is unavailable! I live in the same suburb this store is in! Was there really that big of a rush when the area's median age is my parents age or older? :(

So, if anyone here happens to have the Sanrio cards, I would like some of the furniture. I will try to put together a wishlist and see what I can offer for a trade.

Sailor Harvest Moon
Post Posted: Mar 26, 2021 1:08 pm 
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

How do you get the prom stuff? I really want the dresses, the tiaras, and the crowns.

Arcy
Post Posted: Mar 26, 2021 7:28 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Sailor Harvest Moon wrote:
How do you get the prom stuff? I really want the dresses, the tiaras, and the crowns.

Treasure Islands run by the many benevolent hackers of the Animal Crossing community or Time Traveling, I believe. Many things require a flag to actually be set by passing that date on an external server run by Nintendo, which is why you can TT back to an event you missed, but can't travel forward to one that hasn't happened yet.

I want to take a minute to address the amiibo card situation here: Nintendo absolutely dropped the ball on this. How can they seriously think that 50-70 packs per Target store would even begin to meet the demand? (There's roughly 1,900 Target Stores in the US according to Target Corporate. If you do the math based on an average of 60 packs per store, thats 114,000 packs for a game that sold over 32 million copies.). And of course, scalpers are having a field day. Also, Target themselves widely broadcast that you would only be able to purchase the cards online, but many stores pulled them from the website and app at literally the last minute and decided to sell them in-store instead, leaving those who had done the proper advertised preparation out in the cold.

In addition to that, you absolutely need the cards or a reasonable way of getting that data onto your Switch (such as borrowing them from a friend) to permanently unlock a sizable portion of catalogue items in a game that's often rightfully criticized as having an already stripped down selection of items. Even though your friends can mail you those items, you can not order them yourself unless your game save registers those six individual chip data scans! You also need to have that chip data to get the villagers, because the alternative methods of getting them from your friends don't work!

Given that information, Nintendo and Target handled the Sanrio amiibo card launch incredibly poorly. Nintendo has shown willing to continue to restock the Animal Crossing Switch edition enough that it has lost a lot of value on the scalping market, I guess we can only hope that they will do the same for the Sanrio amiibo pack.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next