NEW AC:NH mega-thread

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Hey guys...the ACNH general thread and the ACNH trading thread have both fallen to the level of necromancy, and I've wanted to post in one or both several times over the last month, so since there could well be enough people playing but don't want to revive the dead threads, here's a new one.

Let's just put anything ACNH-related into it, this time. It's not busy enough for us to need separate threads for gameplay talk and trading.

I recently got a Switch Lite, and since my sister has a physical copy of the game, I started a new island without needing to sacrifice Windfall. (I couldn't stand to erase all that labour...the millions upon millions of bells invested, the hours, that I had so many of the DIYs and perfect villagers...couldn't do it!) I don't really want to bog the Backlog thread down with any more ACNH chatter, though. I mean, a little is okay, but I don't want to keep doing it.

What's been surprisingly cool about starting a new island is shopping. Because I already have so much catalogued in Windfall and could just send myself any of it, I thought it'd be boring...but Gardenia has an entirely different colour set for items, and Cricket (player character) is a very different type of person and wears very different styles and colours than Alizée, so even if the same stuff is in the store, Cricket is looking for colours I never even glanced at in Windfall.

Btw, I could do with a GREEN Toy Box, if anyone has one. I've been looking for one for Hamlet for ages and I've gotten pink and blue...but no green. I love Hamlet but he came with a starter house so his interior never updated to what he's supposed to have, so I want to give him all of that stuff. Too bad we can't change the plain walls and floor, but giving him the correct furniture is the best I can do.

I plan to make an ugly 'badlands' area in Gardenia with cracked earth and weeds and all my rocks and stumps in it. Or maybe it doesn't have to be ugly...we'll see. I haven't been able to find any inspirational images to give me ideas so I'll have to chip away at it inspirationlessly.
iLoveSprites75
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I haven't played in a few weeks due to working on my backlog, but I also put off playing a bunch because I redid my entire town and the task was so daunting. Prior, I had made my entire island flat, and now to undo that is such a pain in the rear. It's finally going well, though. I just am so unmotivated to play it, which is very weird considering a) I absolutely love my villagers right now and b) I was more excited for the game than anyone I knew. People probably thought there was something wrong with me, obsessively watching any and all trailers (in both English and Japanese, which I didn't even start to teach myself yet), nearly crying over them... daily... It was probably a pathetic site to see, but you get the point :wink: I put 300 hours into the game while I was off due to Covid closures, from March 21st (I actually got the game on March 19th, since the GS I preordered at thought we'd be closed on 3/20, but that just happened to be the last day), and only 100 since due to work and other obligations. It's sad, but I guess it keeps me from the continuous cycle of burnout.

Meanwhile, I haven't visited my New Leaf town in over a year, at least. I'm horrified thinking of hating it because I'm sure one of my villagers probably moved away. I don't want to restart New Leaf due to all of the work I put into it, but yeah. That one is probably the hardest one to go back to. The others offer an older nostalgia, but New Leaf, while amazing, still lacks things like being able to plot your villagers (I don't do all of the resetting or custom path nonsense), so to an extent it's frustrating to play after being spoiled in NH.

One thing ACNH makes me itch for is the Switch having a proper activity log.
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I keep checking every day because I want to get all the DIY recipes. I'm down to the double digits now; I think I'm under 30 recipes missing. I'm gonna feel great once I have them all. The ones I'm missing the most are the following:

1 from Peppy Villagers
2 from Sisterly Villagers
An unknown number of Flower DIY recipes from all villagers
An unknown number of Star DIY recipes from Celeste
One Summer Shell DIY Recipe.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Are you trying to find them by yourself in-game and not wanting to trade, Ronin? Because I believe there's a decent chance we could send you some of the ones you're missing, if you have the names. We could at least keep an eye out for them if they show up...I now just sell all my duplicates.
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I use to display my duplicates for my friends, but they stopped playing and now I'm just selling them. I told my sister the specific ones I'm looking for, but it's more like, "If they're doing a flower recipe let me know or if Celeste is in town." But, yeah, I'm doing them by myself.
Arcy
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I still play every day. Right now, I'm more into enjoying the routine of playing every day rather than having any specific goals. I am working on a goal but it is something that is naturally going to be slow since I am only rotating out two villager homes, which is getting all the squirrel villagers to give me their photo.

If I send something to Alizée, would she be able to give it to Cricket? I'm never sure about stuff like that. I never know who is running multiple islands with one Nintendo Account and who has multiple accounts unless they tell me. I have both myself!

I might delete my secondary island once the Sanrio villagers come out to make a Sanrio based island, but I simply don't have the energy to devote to actually playing a second island seriously.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I stopped playing my first island. :) Not because of starting my new one; I had already stopped playing as I just felt like I had nothing left that I wanted to do, since I didn't want to change Windfall any more. It functions well as it is and I don't want to swap out any of the villagers, etc. I only went on for a minute each day to see if Redd was in town...and at the turn of the month if there were new critters to catch I'd do that, as well, but otherwise I had stopped playing in Windfall. (I have 6 art pieces left to go.)

Yes, I can send stuff from one account to the other; I created a new Nintendo account for my Lite, so Alizée does send stuff to Cricket once in a while :)

EDIT: Starting a new island while keeping an old one is also freeing, in that I don't feel the need to have Cricket hoard stuff, and I don't bother buying any clothing but the colour that works best for Cricket, since Alizée already has most of the other stuff catalogued. Cricket buys things mostly in green, yellow, orange, and brown, while Alizée always got everything in blue, purple, grey and white. (Why don't I ever buy anything red? I like red, and yet I never want the red items in ACNH. None of my characters look good in it!)
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Because I've gotten my island the way I want it, this is my current plan:

Get blue roses
*I've got a giant field of red roses from the hybrid purple and orange, so it's all just luck now.

Get the villagers I want
*No clue who these people are aside from maybe Dora, Portia, and Raymond, but I do want to keep Drago, Marshal, Ankha, Keaton, Mott, and Vesta (villagers I want to get rid of include Grizzly, Cranston, Bunnie, and maybe Megan).

Finish the museum
*I'm missing about 15 art pieces. Come on, Redd! Give them to me.

Get all the DIYs
*I just checked and I'm missing 30! I can do this!
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

This is...tangentially related, but I just saw this and I'm already *grabby hands*. I'm so stingy when it comes to merch but if there were any plushes that would be irresistible, AC plushes would be it.

Something to look out for, anyway - assuming stores don't get mobbed... Since it's Build a Bear I imagine it would be all in person? So less issue with scalpers?
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Looks like the Sangrio update won't just be the crossover animals coming. 50 more custom designs and 50 pro designs are gonna be added (for Nook Miles points). Bunny Day comes back on April 4th. I wonder if this means it's for only one day (It also states that Nook's Cranny will get Bunny Day items from March 28 through April 4, Bunny Day). There's also a phone app coming.
greensara
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

I'm excited to hear about more design slots. Not so excited about the return of the eggs though. Bleah! I hope it's less invasive this year.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Those design slots have been desperately requested and even I agree that they're quite badly needed. You can customize your town way more if you've got those slots. Though I'm extra happy that they're adding the design portal to your phone! I never did like having to go to Able Sisters store for that.

Hmm, they didn't have Bunny Day items for sale in the store last year. I wonder if this means either that they'll be selling NEW Bunny Day items in the store, or if they've relegated last year's Bunny Day items to the store and the actual Bunny Day event items will be different, this year. Be nice if the Bunny Day items were customizable. They're cute, but the neon pastels make them too childishly, almost clownishly cutesy for my taste.

I love that anniversary cake! I don't know why, though...it looks weird. But I love it anyway. I'll have to sign in as all my characters in Windfall to get myself 4 of those. I'm curious about the 'prom-season' items, though I didn't like what little I saw. I'm puzzled by the Island Tour Creator.

I already have a Chai card, and she's the only Sanrio character I like, so I was planning on scanning her into town to replace Twiggy anyway. I have to have an elephant with a tea cup on her head. I just do. Fortunately, she's also the only Sanrio character whose interior/furniture items I actually like.
Arcy
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

The seasonal item slot in Nook's Cranny is
Spoiler:
a totally new set of furniture that has a very strong sweets/frosted cookies look if the one item we've seen is any indicator - look at the official Isabelle Twitter account to see it.
I'm looking forward to it, I actually love Bunny Day. Bunny Day itself is probably the same 12ish day event culminating on the 4th.

If the event is 12 days again, Zipper should show up on the 24th to kick off the event.

The whole update is pretty hype when looked at as a whole, IMO.
iLoveSprites75
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Ronin19 wrote:Looks like the Sangrio update won't just be the crossover animals coming.
I just want them to bring back the Welcome Amiibo collection of Amiibo cards. I only have about 24 of them, and there's only 50. I also need to start collecting the rest of them again. I've been quite broke and it's been a few months since I've gotten them, and I don't want them to go away again before I get to collect them all. Literally, all. Might be a tax return treat to myself. Sadly I've deactivated my FB which is the only place I've gotten any luck trading Amiibo cards. I want to get rid of my spares to collect all of the rest of them. :evil:
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Arcy Bunny day is only 8 days long this time.

Kikki, Do you still have the DA for Windfall and you’re not looking to have friends on your second island are you?