I have questions about Digimon Cyber Sleuth for the switch.

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
Briarwyn
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

I don't know who else to ask, but this site.

1. Does this game let players play as a female protagonist?

2. Would the game let players choose Betamon as their digimon partner, right from the beginning?

3. Would anyone say that this game is worthwhile to play?
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Vanilla Cyber Sleuth lets you choose your gender, but a lot of the dialog still feels like its garnered towards the male MC even when you're playing as a female. It's kinda a minor thing, but it does feel a tad bit odd at times. Hacker's Memory, however, has a set protagonist and they're male.

Betamon is not one of the available starters in Cyber Sleuth, but is in Hacker's Memory. Starters in Cyber Sleuth are; Palmon, Hagurumon, and Terriermon while the starters in Hacker's Memory are; Betamon, Tentomon, and Gotsumon. You can still get Betamon in Cyber Sleuth, but it would require encountering it or it's pervious form in battle until they're scanned 100%, and then you can hatch them from a digi-egg.

I only played Cyber Sleuth, and on Vita, but it was very fun and a good JRPG, especially for fans of the Digimon series. I had a party of my favorites from the anime series and movies I grew up with. Nearly ALL of the Digimon are in the game, which is crazy. Gameplay is a mix of Pokemon and Shin Megami Tensei with a slight dash of Persona. If you even slightly enjoy JRPGs and/or Digimon, I'd give it a play.
Sir Stardust
Pick Potatos, not boogers
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

The pacing is a little odd in the original game. The first half feels really slow, but the second half feels a lot faster. It doesn’t make it unplayable or anything, though. It was the first game I platinumed on my Vita. I think the pacing of Hacker’s Memory is better, but it’s kind of a side-story to the first game, so it’s better reserved for playing after you’ve finished the first one if you want to avoid spoilers.

I also thiiiiink I remember reading that they corrected some of the dialogue in the complete version (like where you’d still be called a ‘he’ even if you chose the female character and some other oddities), but don’t hold me to that.
Briarwyn
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

I don't want to choose Palmon, and I wish the game lets you pick Lopmon instead of Terriermon. So, I'm feeling that Hagurumon might be the best choice of digimon partners.

Hagurumon - I do like its evolutions of Guardromon, Andromon, and HiAndromon. a good choice that's not too manly, or too girly.

I might pick Terriermon if it eventually evolves into Antylamon in this game, but I kind of doubt that it would.

Does the digimon that the player picks as a partner stay with the player throughout the entire game? Or would the game let the player change digimon partners later on?
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Briarwyn wrote:I might pick Terriermon if it eventually evolves into Antylamon in this game, but I kind of doubt that it would.

Does the digimon that the player picks as a partner stay with the player throughout the entire game? Or would the game let the player change digimon partners later on?
It can. You digimon's evolutions are stat based and you can manipulate them to have Terriermon evolve; Terriermon->Gargomon->Antylamon->Cherubimon. There are guides on Gamefaqs with flow charts on how and where to get every digimon in the game, which again, is almost all of them.

Your starter is just a starter and can be removed any time you wish. You're going to have a party of three (with six in reserve) that follow you around the digital maps, so you essentially have 3 partners at a time.