A New Leaf: Memories

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
RodCopper Fishin
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Hi! Has anybody checked out this upcoming indie game? It looks interesting to me and I’m excited to play it. I want to back it on Kickstarter but I’m still deciding how much to donate. Here’s the Kickstarter which also includes info about the game: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ir ... d0DR9LuxYs

What are your thoughts on it?
greensara
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

This is the first I've heard of it. It seems to have a lot of elements I typically like, but I'd have to see more gameplay to know if I would want it myself. (Especially after being disappointed with PoOT when I was sure I would like it :( ) I think the art is absolutely adorable though.
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

I really, really hope they end up changing the name. Naming your game "New Leaf" is a death sentence even if it's an FPS, with how popular that Animal Crossing entry was. And when you're aiming for the same audience...

As for the game itself, it looks cute! I'm happy for the devs that they got funded, that's always nice to see. I'm in the wait and see camp for now. I don't want to judge a game before it releases, but for the moment there doesn't seem to be any new or interesting twists on the formula to catch my attention.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

The name bothers me, too. It's not that I don't get that people can come up with two entirely separately-created uses for the same title. That happens to me all the time, actually. Particularly when I come up with an awesome original name while writing, and a few years later I see a book come out using MY NAME. (For me it doesn't matter since I have no desire to publish, but still...it bugs me! That was MY name.) These things happen. But I think when the name you want to use is already ultra-well-known, particularly to the market you want to appeal to, you have to swallow the pill and change the name to something that isn't already quite famously used.

I wish the game success, but it doesn't have anything that's grabbing me, that makes it stand out in the genre. If it comes out on a console I own, I'd probably end up trying it, but I've given up Kickstarters from Portia on. It's just too frustrating and I only want to buy completed (and rigorously bug-tested) products, now.
Code_Name_Geek
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

I really like the atmosphere it has, the combination of graphics and music feels kind of nostalgic for some reason. One thing I noticed from the trailer is that the animations for doing things seemed a bit slow, but that could change by the final product I suppose.

Agreed on the name, though - it sounds like a combination of New Leaf and A New Beginning… I think a more unique name would make it stand out more.