E3 starts TODAY (June 12 at 10AM Pacific) *SPOILERS*

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

~Please be warned: this is to discuss ongoing current announcements from all E3 and concurrent presentations. If you are looking to avoid hearing game announcements or details, this thread is dangerous for you!~

~

Okay, I guess we can't delay this thread any more, since E3 is back on this year, and will begin in about 5 hours!

The format this year is ALL DIGITAL, so no one is gathering at one central physical location. As is most people's primary concern on Fogu, Nintendo will be participating this year on June 15th at 9AM PT/Noon ET, with an approximately 40-minute Nintendo Direct based on Nintendo Switch software, mostly that will be releasing in 2021. The Nintendo Direct will be followed by a 3-hour Treehouse session that will dive more deeply into gameplay, probably of games shown within the Direct.

Please use this thread to list your hopes, dreams and predictions or suspicions, if you have any, and then to discuss whatever actually happens with anyone else interested in the announcements and footage we'll be getting over the next three days.

The E3 Schedule can be seen here. Since some people do actually care about more than just Nintendo ;) After E3 kicks off with an hour-long pre-broadcast show, Ubisoft will take the stage from 11AM to 2PM (as far as I can see), and then Gearbox will take over. That's today's stuff. You guys can look up the rest, I'm sure :)

Links to where Nintendo's presentation can be seen:

On YouTube
On Twitch
On their own site

Those links will be accurate only while the presentation is LIVE. I will alter the links after the shows are over to reflect the permanent links. (Sometimes they don't go up immediately upon the live broadcast ending, but I'll try to get them as soon as I can.)
Last edited by Kikki on Jun 12, 2021 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Okay, I didn't want to muck the main post up with my own stuff, but...

In the known E3 stuff, I'll be most interested to see Square Enix tomorrow at 12:15 Pacific (3:15 Eastern), the Future Games Show at 4PM PT (7PM ET) where Xseed will likely be showing off all their upcoming games.

Then on the 14th, I'm slightly interested in the Indie Showcase at noon PT (3ET) and a bit more in the Capcom presentation at 2:30 PT (5:30 ET) since that's probably where we'll see Great Ace Attorney Chronicles, and I wouldn't mind another look at it.

On the 15th, of course: NINTENDO. Followed by Nintendo is Bandai Namco, and I'm a bit interested in that, too. I don't have any predictions to make, nor any strong hopes...just a wishlist. Because if you go in with actual expectations, E3 is bound to be a letdown.

My pipe-dream level wishes are, of course:
  • An XCX port and an XCX sequel
  • Dragon Quest Builders 3
  • A NEW Ace Attorney game...not a spin-off!
Games that are a bit less what-are-you-smoking:
  • XC3 or ANYTHING with Monolith Software as the lead developer.
  • Breath of the Wild 2. I don't even care if it's a 30 second teaser trailer, as long as it is NEW, and they have something to say. Or I'd take an announcement of when they ARE going to tell us more.
  • That new fitness program to be published by Marvelous in Japan...so it'd be done by Xseed if it comes to North America. The one based on martial arts and rhythm. I'd like to see any of Xseed's 3 mystery titles for 2021 though and the probability for them at the Future Games Show is apparently pretty high.
  • Potionomics for Switch. Xseed is publishing this Indie for PC, but...I'd really like to try it. So I'd love if it came to Switch or PS4. Kind of unlikely, though, at this point.
  • More Legend of Zelda ports. It's still the 35th anniversary and only having Skyward Sword for Switch for that is pitiful. Give us a few more, Nintendo. I'd like to see everything they can bring, but I'd be most interested in Ocarina, Majora's Mask, Twilight Princess and Wind Waker.
Stuff I want to see that is already confirmed to be up for a look:
  • RF5
  • Great Ace Attorney Chronicles
  • Tales of Arise (though actually, I've already seen enough now that we have all the main protags)
I don't have much hope this year, lol. I guess I'm not set up for disappointment, then, but it'd be nice to feel excited about something again. Disappointments over the past two years have really ground me down, I suppose, with Bokumono no longer feeling like a series I can get into and Tales no longer feeling fresh, and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 being so much less to my liking than the previous two games plus the remake of 1 being in that dreadful character-art style that started to take off with 2, and Ace Attorney abandoning Phoenix and crew. All my favourites are being destroyed (at least to my taste!) or left behind, it seems.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Everyone, please be careful if you're trying to go into presentations blind. Some of Nintendo's has already leaked online.
Katgirl
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

The Wholesome Direct starts soon!

https://youtu.be/Ozqhc7YXd3M
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Is that a part of E3? I totally missed noticing it!

EDIT: Oh, it's a concurrent event, I guess, not specifically an E3 event?
greensara
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Regarding the Wholesome Direct, I liked seeing that Snacko is still alive and well. Paralives, I think it was called looked interesting too, though my husband said it just reminded him of the Sims. It seems like the popular game themes right now are those with an animal cast, witches, and photography. Oh, and cats with tea houses I guess, because I am sure I have heard of at least three now, lol.

As for E3, I am mostly looking forward to any Zelda news. I totally want to know more about the BOTW sequel, but anything else Zelda is good too. Any other good game announcements and sales will be icing on the cake.
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I really want to see Bayonetta 3 from Nintendo along with Breath of the Wild 2 and maybe Animal Crossing New Horizons 2.0. I also want to see more on Shin Megami Tensei V.

However, I think what will happen during the first 5 minutes is a new DLC character for Smash.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Omg, the Ubisoft presentation was so boring, lol. Except when it was gross. I like the bit with the two musicians talking about their contributions to one of the games (the man from Norway and the woman from Scotland) and...that's about it, lol. I mean, the game that was leaked this morning is nice to see, though I'm not personally invested in it. And it was nice to see some people really happy about the blue game.

I have to go check out what was revealed on the Wholesome Direct now, as I didn't get a chance to see it. It might have some stuff I like. I do think Paralives looks great but unless it comes to console, it's not for me.

EDIT: Okay, of games shown during the Wholesome Direct, I either am or might be interested in:
Spoiler:
  • Garden Story
  • Kokopa's Atlas
  • Beasts of Maravilla Island
  • Mythic Ocean
  • Snacko
  • Witch Academy
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I’ve been following Zach from SwitchForce so I’m already spoiled with information.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Oh, wow, Square Enix's presentation was kinda lacking? The FF 1-6 reamaters are only PC and phones? Really??? And the new edgy FF spinoff was so off putting, holy « Puppy Doodoo ». I don't trust them with Guardians after the poor reception of Avengers. I'm not into Life is Strange, but maybe fans are excited?

Honestly, I went in with no expectations and I'm still disappointed.
Terranigma Freak
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

This year is pretty lame. No big surprises.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I quite literally had no expectations since I don't follow much of what Square Enix does, so I wasn't disappointed. I would have been thrilled to see something on the next part of FFVIIR, but I wasn't expecting it, so I didn't feel let down or anything. But boy, it sure would have been nice if they really had made a Gardeners of the Galaxy game. I would have been so into that! I thought everything they showed had nice looks, though none of it is anything I'm into.

Yeah...they were joking, but I am not. I absolutely want to be a Galactic Gardener.

The best part of the day is starting next: the Future Games Show! C'mon, Xseed, show us something nice.
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

I forgot how much I missed watching E3 with a streamer. Even « Cow Poopoo » trailers are entertainment if they go alongside snarky commentary. The streamer I was watching could not stop laughing at that Final Fantasy trailer and CHAOS became the new stream meme...

Got the Future Games Show on now and it's just...not the same. :lol: Ah, well. There's always tomorrow.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Watching the Twitter crowd clown all over CHAOS FANTASY is lightening my mood. Gotta say, even though I have a giant hate boner for Nomura, I always found his character designs very well done. These though?
Spoiler:

Wow, they're « Cow Poopoo ». I'm honestly dumbfounded.

I'm still cautiously optimistic for the FF Sprite Remasters, ONLY if they end up releasing on consoles too. I cannot focus on my game when playing on PC or Phone, I always get distracted. I would love to replay the old goldies, but not like this, please.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Okay, Xseed's announcements were definitely a disappointment for me. They were just ports. I mean, it's great that Playstation and Xbox will now have Story of Seasons FoMT and RF4S on them, but that doesn't mean anything for ME. I thought we'd see 2-3 NEW games from them, but nothing was new at all except that we didn't know those games would be ported. The whole Future Games show has been a wash for me. I saw one or two things I liked, but none of it was new...like the trailer for Grow: Song of the Evertree was from last week.

There's more left of the show, I guess, but I have to go out and water the garden and it kinda looks like there might not be anything worth letting it get any darker out for.