E3 starts TODAY (June 12 at 10AM Pacific) *SPOILERS*

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
Panda Parfait
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

The trailer for that Final Fantasy spinoff is rough, yikes. Felt like I was watching a parody.

Square Enix showed basically nothing I care about and they were one of the shows I was kind of excited for. I hope Nintendo has some cool stuff, I guess?
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

I dunno if this is true, but it was funny. Right after that Final Fantasy trailer played somebody in chat said something about Nomura being quoted as saying the story is "about an angry man". I kinda wanna go watch it again for the lols.

I'm already looking forward to seeing some 'wrap up' kind of stuff for E3 because there's been a LOT of announcements and I need somebody to help me sift through it. :lol: Weed out the mobile garbage for me, please.

Dunno what brought it back, but I'm super happy for the Pikmin fans FINALLY getting a copycat game. It looked pretty cute, too. Can't remember what the name was...even though it was a very obvious rif on Pikmin... :|
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I didn't notice anything Pikmin-like, so it must have been in one of the segments I didn't watch. (Which wouldn't be hard...I didn't watch much yesterday, just Square Enix and Future Games.) I need a recap, too. Honestly, E3 is more fun if you just tune in via Twitter, by watching the announcements pop up from Gematsu and whatever other game news sites you follow, ime. Watching hour-long presentations only to come out interested in nothing, or maybe kinda sort a little bit interested in one item is a very BLAH feeling. I don't need my 'blah' feelings intensified, lol. 2020 and 2021 have already raised them to the heights.

Though I will watch the Nintendo Direct, of course. Nintendo just always has the highest likelihood of showing something I'll want. At this point, though, the Wholesome Direct that wasn't actually a part of E3 (and how I dislike the name 'Wholesome Direct'! It's so, so pitiful, on every level. It's cringe, for me) gave me more to be interested in than everything else combined. I saw 4 new-to-me games there that I'm interested in and would have access to (aka: not on PC.)

Even when Nintendo has nothing I want, I still tend to like looking at their stuff. Can't be bothered with Mario, for example, but the games tend to be cute-looking!

EDIT: Mikodesu...is Tinykin the game you mean?
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

There have been a few Pikmin clones in the past gameplay wise like New Little King's Story and a demon themed one on Vita I can't place the name of currently, but besides throwing characters to fight at things, it was as far as the comparison went.

Today's shows may have some fun titles. I'm mostly interested in seeing the Indie Showcase (Silksong news, please, I beg of you...) and whatever Capcom is bringing to the table. I hope they don't push Monster Hunter Stories 2 again, because at this point, everyone who wants it is buying it. We've been drowning in trailers and it comes out in a little under 4 weeks. I took a quick look at Capcom's games on the Japanese eShop to see if there's anything we haven't gotten localized, and it's literally only the 'Toraware no Palm' uhhhh, Otome game? It's the game (and DLC) where you talk with and watch one of two males stuck in solitary confinement. I really don't see that one coming over, but who knows???
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Bluie wrote:There have been a few Pikmin clones in the past gameplay wise like New Little King's Story and a demon themed one on Vita I can't place the name of currently, but besides throwing characters to fight at things, it was as far as the comparison went.
Yeah, there are lots of games that use creatures the way they're used in Pikmin. Like Ni No Kuni 2, to an extent, and the...nopon nopoponders/noponspectors, or whatever they were called in the extra bit of XenoDE. But for me, Pikmin is about fruit. It's not the fighting that I want to see replicated at all. I want to go down to a planet and use my pikmin to retrieve giant strawberries, throw them into the beam, and be told that they're sunseed fruits and I have so far found 1/4 of the sunseed fruits that exist in the game.

It's allll about the fruit. It's the same for my two sisters...we all played Pikmin 3 for the fruit retrieval and analysis. All the games out there that use tiny creatures as their method of combat, or an assist in combat, are not satisfying at all. I want a game where I can go down to a new planet and just scavenge, with a few obstacles to overcome in getting to the things I want, with no fighting or minimal fighting...just all scavenging and inspecting and cataloguing. Sounds like bliss.

I am a niche gamer to the very core, it seems.

EDIT: Whoa, hey! They didn't announce this in the E3 presentation, but Xseed has announced that fitness game I mentioned in the Announcements/news thread! They're saying they're adding it to their E3 line-up even though they didn't actually show it there, so I guess it counts?

The article.
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Oh no, this is...LITERALLY a Pikmin clone. Found it on E3 Recap (I've seen too much). "Tinykin". It's a freaking pun. It feels like Bug Fables in terms of...you don't want to make the game I want? Fine! I'll make it!

Tinykin gameplay trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVsr677zySI

(The trailer focuses on using the 'tinykin' for puzzle solving, so I have no idea at this point if combat is going to be involved.)

Future Games Show had a couple of good things but...PC Games Show was definitely better.

Edit: Not sure what I think about that Xseed fitness game. I do NOT like the art for the trainer. The idea is fine though. Maybe between the 4 different trainers they'll encompass Wii Fits meanness and Ring Fits niceness? :lol:
Last edited by Mikodesu on Jun 14, 2021 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

That's the one I said, though? A few posts above, about four hours ago.
Kikki wrote:EDIT: Mikodesu...is Tinykin the game you mean?
Last edited by Kikki on Jun 14, 2021 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Haven't been sleeping well (5 hours does not do it for me) and I'm still half asleep after being awake for two hours so...math. I got about half of the posts read before I went searching. Sorry about that.

Tinykin is the closest I've seen to an actual clone. Like...you're getting close to being sued by an IP holder clone. Not...we stole gameplay mechanics and there's nothing you can do about it.
Terranigma Freak
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Plumbers Don't Wear Ties is getting a new release!!!

https://twitter.com/user/status/1404536881841332228

If you don't know this classic, search for Angry Video Game Nerd for this title and be amazed!
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

So, I'm not watching anything of E3 today but I do have Twitter updating. Nice to know that MHS2: Wings of Ruin is getting a demo on June 25th! I love demos. I have already decided not to get this, but I'm totally willing to try the demo anyway. :)
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote:So, I'm not watching anything of E3 today but I do have Twitter updating. Nice to know that MHS2: Wings of Ruin is getting a demo on June 25th! I love demos. I have already decided not to get this, but I'm totally willing to try the demo anyway. :)
That's very good! I liked the original Stories, so having a demo for its sequel is definitely warranted.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Demo is defs very welcome. I really want to see the character creator so I can figure out who I can base my character off of this time. In the first Monster Hunter Stories, I was on a huge Fire Emblem Awakening kick at the time and I modeled my character off of Yen'fay (a personal favorite) quite well. If things are more intricate this time and there's more options on hair, eyes, ect, I may create my character into a more designed character. Not sure who I really want to run around in the Monster Hunter universe this time though. Maybe one of my Genshin Impact faves? Or a FFXIV NPC I like? I might even go for an old favorite from the pile of JRPGs I've played. It's all gonna depend!

Kinda bummed Palamutes aren't gonna be in the game day 1, but I can't see myself finishing the game before July 15th anyways with my current work schedule. Who knows, maybe the post game will be beefy or maybe we'll get some story DLC down the line!
Harvest Moon kawaii
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

That one fitness game IS coming to the Switch this Fall/Autumn 2021 as Knockout Home Fitness. I'm so excited. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_MDYpRTbrg
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I really feel like it's up to Nintendo to end things with a bang today. I expect to see the WiiU LoZ remasters to show up and I expect a new Smash character. Treehouse will most likely be showing off games like the Pokemon remakes and new title.

I would love to see a new Fire Emblem remake or ports of the 3DS titles. Not holding my breath though!
Terranigma Freak
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I want to see some Metroid. Something, anything Metroid!