Monster Hunter Stories 2 Release Thread

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
greensara
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

I finished the story yesterday and I really liked where it went. I am especially glad it didn't accidentally get spoiled for me. I do have to agree with Bluie's thoughts on the final boss, as I got wiped on my first try, lol. I honestly think I liked this entry better than the first, as I actually finished this, and am planning to do more post-game. My goals are clearing the quests, collecting all the monsters, filling the monsterpedia, and collecting the armor and weapons because I can. That gives me a pretty big chunk of stuff I can still do in that file, besides the content they are adding later.

I also wanted to mention that I have found out some interesting things about co-op mode. First, you don't actually have to play with a person if you don't want to. What I have done is pick local play for doing a quest or exploration, then when you are in the hub world, bring up your menu with x, scroll to the second screen, and pick the option to start now. The game will then partner you with an AI character at a level comparable to that of your own character. Secondly, through co-op missions, particularly rare ones, I have encountered monsters and hence their eggs sooner than I came across them in the story. Good to know I guess. Finally, as soon as I was able to I started trying to find all the Palamute eggs, but of the 4 or 5 I found, they were all the regular dark blue type, though one was amazing with a rainbow gene and became a permanent part of my team. I wonder if I just had bad luck or if the other colors are easier to find post-game?
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Holy « Puppy Doodoo » thanks for that multiplayer tip! The ONE time I tried it I sat in a lobby for a couple of minutes waiting to be paired up with someone and bailed, not realizing that you could play with a bot. :lol: How unfortunate. Tried it your way tonight and got the Steam achievement for multiplayer to find...only 38% of people have tried. No wonder. Probably bad timing, too.

You do still have to be online to play with a bot, though. Which is unfortunate.

Anybody else enjoying roaming the overworld with their Nargacuga while humming to themselves..."Nana-nana-nana-nana...Batman!" No? :lol: Their steps are on beat with the "nana nana nana" too.

To be fair I'm still...quite early on, but I really admire the dedication to making every monster egg unique. If I've seen them before I get the egg I can almost always guess them. There's so many it's sometimes hard to guess though.
greensara
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

I tried playing by co-op by myself in online mode (I have the Switch version) but always get matched up super fast. I actually have only been successful in going solo with an AI when I tried it in local play, as I thought it was unlikely my neighbors would be up to the same thing. I'm guessing it's set up different for the PC version then? Glad it helped you anyway.

I have kept a Nargacuga on my team since I first hatched one. I love being able to sneak around if I want.

I have had a bit more luck finding the Palamute eggs in the 8 star quest as opposed to the 5 star. I now have electric, fire, water, and ice besides the regular one. I think I remember there being at least one or two more kinds if I remember the promo spot correctly.
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

It's probably a bit PC and a bit that the game's been out for a while. I would bet there's enough people online doing late game/post game stuff. Definitely hunting for Palamutes. It's actually smart that Capcom designed a workaround that only requires an internet check, so no matter how small the active community gets you'll always be able to play co-op quests. Pretty cool! Would be nice if they EXPLAINED that, though.

Sneak is awesome! I think Nargacuga will be staying in my party for the rest of the game for sneak. At least most of it. Just being able to get around trash mobs for eggs is awesome! I got to the point in the second area of unlocking "quick finish" for battles. (I think I'm remembering the term right.) :lol: Whoops.