Stardew Valley: A Few Simple Questions

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
Harvest Moon Kid
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

Hello, I have a few simple questions that I need help on, cause I’m not 100% sure about them at all.

Q1:
Can you regrow plants that are out of seasons onto your farm plot (ex: can a Spring crop regrow in Summertime? Or died in the Summer once it hit onto a new season, or should I save all of my crops for next year?) p.s. I know we have a Greenhouse, but I want to know if it is possible to grow out of season in the farm plot before fixing the Greenhouse.

Q2:
Do you have to get married early in the first, or can you just wait whenever?

Q3:
Can you skip talking people so you can Mine or Fish? (Will your friendship lower each day? If not speaking to people like in HARVEST MOON AND STORY OF SEASONS and what is the decrease amount?)

Q4:
Does our crops, fruits, and flowers plus dishes do they rot over time or keep fresh all year?
greensara
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

1. Barring growing in the greenhouse, the only multi-season crops I think are corn in summer/fall and maybe wheat too if I remember correctly. You can also plant trees whenever but they'll only produce in season. However, I believe growing things on Ginger Island you can plant whatever whenever, but by the time you unlock it you will likely already have the greenhouse.

2. You can get married whenever you want, as long as you have upgraded your house at least once, and of course gotten their affection high enough. Fun fact: You do not have to see all the character's events to marry them. I didn't see all of Maru's and still got her married to my farmhand.

3. I think I remember hearing that for regular villagers, after you max out their affection there is no decrease when ignored, but it can still happen to a spouse? I can't confirm myself since I never really worried about it.

4. Nothing rots. Stored in your bag, chests, or the fridge, everything is static. I've used the same mix of iridium quality products and crops in the grange display event for multiple years in game.
Harvest Moon Kid
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

greensara wrote:1. Barring growing in the greenhouse, the only multi-season crops I think are corn in summer/fall and maybe wheat too if I remember correctly. You can also plant trees whenever but they'll only produce in season. However, I believe growing things on Ginger Island you can plant whatever whenever, but by the time you unlock it you will likely already have the greenhouse.

2. You can get married whenever you want, as long as you have upgraded your house at least once, and of course gotten their affection high enough. Fun fact: You do not have to see all the character's events to marry them. I didn't see all of Maru's and still got her married to my farmhand.

3. I think I remember hearing that for regular villagers, after you max out their affection there is no decrease when ignored, but it can still happen to a spouse? I can't confirm myself since I never really worried about it.

4. Nothing rots. Stored in your bag, chests, or the fridge, everything is static. I've used the same mix of iridium quality products and crops in the grange display event for multiple years in game.
Thank you, so much. :)