September 23rd Nintendo Direct

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Still digesting it all. I'm really most excited for Voice of Cards: The Isle Dragon Roars as it's coming out soon and it's a Yoko Taro game. I saw a Drakengard character in the trailer and the music is very NieR, so I'm calling it now, it's gonna fall into the series canon somehow, just like the FFXIV raid lmao. Seriously though, Drakengard and NieR fans are eating in 2021. A remaster, the phone game, the FFXIV raid, and now this. As a big fan myself, yes, YES, MOAR PLS.

Other than that, kinda annoyed Triangle Strategy and Rune Factory 5 are both in March. They're two of my biggest anticipated releases next year and I was hoping they'd be stretched out. Welp, I might take the majority of March off next year so I can play my games and destress.

I'd be more excited for the Monster Hunter Rise expansion if I wasn't kinda already done with the game. Haven't played it in ages, got too busy + I finished the main storyline that was available at the time and didn't go back. IDK, my attitude towards it might change by the time it releases, but it's kinda 'eh' for me. Same with Animal Crossing. It's gonna have to be something pretty impressive to bring me back.

Just waiting on release dates for BoTW2 and Splatoon 3 now and everything I want next year (that's confirmed for next year) will be marked on my calendar!

N64 games is pretty good (I hope they add the Goemon games, I remember fondly watching my brother play them) and the new Kirby game looks good, but that's a wait for reviews kinda game.

Kinda surprised at the gay marriage in RF5 after it was hardcoded (is that the right word) to be straight only in the Japanese release. I can understand if it was model swapped, but this is editing animated cutscenes and probably a shitton of dialog too. I can see why it's taking so much longer than initially anticipated to come out now.
greensara
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

I forgot to mention the upcoming Mario movie. When I originally heard about it I was thinking it was probably not going to be a good idea after the awful live action one they did years ago. I guess they wanted bigger names so they delegated Charles Martinet as cameos. Chris Pratt as Mario struck me as weird, but Jack Black as Bowser, I want to see that.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Bluie wrote:Other than that, kinda annoyed Triangle Strategy and Rune Factory 5 are both in March. They're two of my biggest anticipated releases next year and I was hoping they'd be stretched out. Welp, I might take the majority of March off next year so I can play my games and destress.
Isn't that just always the way, though? I know we've both complained of that problem a couple of times in the past. Twice this year I had anticipated games release nearly on the same day, even though I had months-long gaps in games at other times.

BTW, if anyone missed the Direct, or even just part of it, Nintendo has it uploaded in all its parts, so you can watch trailers individually, or watch the whole thing.

If anyone would rather just have a list of all the games announced or spoken of in this Direct, then here it is:
Spoiler:
  • Monster Hunter Rise DLC
  • Kirby and the Forgotten Land
  • New Membership Plan for Nintendo Switch Online
  • Splatoon 3
  • Bayonetta 3
  • Mario Party Superstars
  • Voice of the Cards (Dragon Roars or something like that)
  • 2nd wave of Hyrule Warriors DLC
  • A chocobo racing game
  • Animal Crossing Direct in October
  • A clip show of updates and stuff to various games
  • Dying Light and Dying Light 2: Stay Human
  • Triangle Strategy
  • Metroid Dread
  • Disco Elysium
  • Clip on some some game collections, including Castlevania, I think
  • Actraiser HD
  • Deltarune Ch 2
  • Sizzle reel
Last edited by Kikki on Sep 23, 2021 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

greensara wrote:I forgot to mention the upcoming Mario movie. When I originally heard about it I was thinking it was probably not going to be a good idea after the awful live action one they did years ago. I guess they wanted bigger names so they delegated Charles Martinet as cameos. Chris Pratt as Mario struck me as weird, but Jack Black as Bowser, I want to see that.
You know when Jack Black is there it’s going to be good lol
Terranigma Freak
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I thought we knew about same-« Chicken Hugging » marriage in RF5?

3D Kirby « Baaaa *glomp* »!!!!!!!

ACTRAISER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bayonetta is QUEEN!

Chris Pratt can lick my balls.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

No, it was confirmed that RF5 did NOT have same-gender marriage, as we know the Japanese version doesn't have it. It was only revealed just today that it would be in Xseed's release from day one, and that the Japanese version will eventually get a patch to include it, though it hasn't been revealed when that patch will be out. So this is definitely new news :)
Code_Name_Geek
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

That was a solid direct! I’m also interested in Triangle Strategy and the card RPG. Not sure how to feel about the N64/Genesis thing though, idk if it’s worth it when I own most of those games on an actual N64 and Genesis. The highlight of tonight has def the RF5 gay marriage announcement though, I never expected that in my wildest dreams!

Kross lover/fan wrote:I know it’s probably never going to happen but Monster Rancher. The company that made the games went bankrupt many years ago (I believe) but recently, they remade one of the old games in Japan. I’m holding out on the hope that someday it’ll get translated and brought over here…
This isn’t Direct-related, and is a previous announcement so I hope it’s ok to put it here… but a remake of the first two games was announced recently! AFAIK it’s coming West too? Source
Kross lover/fan
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Code_Name_Geek wrote:
Kross lover/fan wrote:I know it’s probably never going to happen but Monster Rancher. The company that made the games went bankrupt many years ago (I believe) but recently, they remade one of the old games in Japan. I’m holding out on the hope that someday it’ll get translated and brought over here…
This isn’t Direct-related, and is a previous announcement so I hope it’s ok to put it here… but a remake of the first two games was announced recently! AFAIK it’s coming West too? Source
How am I just now hearing about this?! Thanks so much for sharing the link! I know what I’m getting say one :lol:

As for the direct itself, I’m super curious about the Kirby game. It’s been forever and a half since I’ve played Kirby. And I was super excited to see the N64+Sega games. I’d probably only play a few of them but depending on price points, I might bite the bullet and fork over some cash.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote:
Bluie wrote:Other than that, kinda annoyed Triangle Strategy and Rune Factory 5 are both in March. They're two of my biggest anticipated releases next year and I was hoping they'd be stretched out. Welp, I might take the majority of March off next year so I can play my games and destress.
Isn't that just always the way, though? I know we've both complained of that problem a couple of times in the past. Twice this year I had anticipated games release nearly on the same day, even though I had months-long gaps in games at other times.
I mean, yes, it is a common problem with us, I was just hoping that of the five games I plan to buy day one next year that they'd all be decently spread out. Legends Arceus comes out late January, so I'll have it for February while I use the previous month to play catch up (like I did this year). Then March has Triangle Strategy at the beginning and Rune Factory 5 at the end and I'll really need as much time as possible to play them. They're both at their core JRPGs that demand a lot of time and I want to be able to give it to them despite how busy I am. The life of adulting...

OH, seriously forgot about the Age of Calamity DLC. Hrm, I might bite but I might not. I am a sucker for the cast of Breath of the Wild, really enjoyed the expanded story in AoC, but IDK if I want to boot it back up again??? I'll probably just watch the new cutscenes on Youtube tbh.
iLoveSprites75
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Oh my « Harvest Goddess », what a spectacular Direct it was. I'm so excited for Kirby, but I did see the leak of it on Twitter before the Direct. Once they announced N64, they lost me the rest of the presentation lol. I'm thrilled for it, but I still think GameCube would be a great addition since the controller layout is virtually the same. Don't even get me started on the cast of the Mario movie - is this real life lol...
Ninety
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I've not played a Kirby game before, but the new one looks interesting (and extremely pretty). I might have to pick it up.

I have been meaning to play Disco Elysium at some point, but I suspect it'd play better for me on PC. I gather there's a lot of reading involved and I basically only use my Switch in handheld mode, lol.
iLoveSprites75
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Side note, does anyone think that HM64 has potential to be released later down the road for the N64 update? My first game was DS Cute so I haven't really played much before that (though I did by the original MM when it came into GameStop when I worked there; I did play it a little on the Wii). It looks like they're putting some of the more popular/desirable games on for their eventual planned releases, so I really do hope so.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Do they ever release Harvest Moon games on those data plans? It seems unlikely but who knows.
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Tbf we've moved from one possible game to two, which does not help.

I'm guessing the biggest barrier will be licensing issues between Marvelous and Natsume. Assuming Natsume has total control over the English release...it's a possibility. I don't see Nintendo getting near a licensing squabble, though.